Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroMikey
    replied
    Friend of mine Joe age 65yrs fell over dead Dec 30th can't believe he is gone. Was driving and had a heart attack. The doctors said he was AAA no problems.

here is me Dave in 1975

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-16-2022, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    Greetings

Mr. Dave, I agree with BroMikey, take things carefully, don't be in a hurry, if you had an assistant to back you up and help you complete your project, and don't get overconfident, that machine has a lot of mechanical strength, don't stop taking your precautions.

He has a good project of which he has illustrated and explained everything about it, I see that it can be improved every time, for example, the magnetic neutralization magnets, he has considered that this could be replaced by coils that a pulse is applied to so that it repels the magnet at the right time and thus help the rotation of the broken one, without the retention or attraction of the core - magnet as you have commented

The pulse to the coil would be only to continue the path of the rotor, and not as an aid to increase the speed, just to help the rotor to continue the path, of course, some energy would be used here, but little.

This principle of using support coils for the rotation of the rotor of the motor-generator is the proposal of Robert Adams, who used some driving coils to solve the core-magnet attraction.

Well this comment would be for later, since he wants to culminate it as the proposal of magnets of him repulsing each other and thus the construction of his machine is finished, and it takes time and effort, thank you very much for the videos.

Greetings and see you soon

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Doing some digging, check back.

This one is 1200w 1hp at 4800rpm so direct drive this run at 45vdc?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/17492333410...MAAOSwMbZhM2C0

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I would recommend:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits a 1/2" shaft but I bet they make the same thing for metric. When you tighten the pulley (sold separately) it squeezes the bushing onto the shaft. That's why the bushing is split. One bushing and you can purchase different sized pulleys that fit it. That's why I made the sleeve that screws onto the razor scooter motor the size I did, so its diameter matched the motor I am currently using. And several OTHER motors I have. One bushing fits all. And then one bushing that fits the generator shaft.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    The arbor sleeve that screws on must also have a recessed locking pin as well as the pulley. Loctite will not hold long.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Look like you are SOL, the 1 handed man This is a complicated box, don't do anything rash. Those cores need a machinist to make it flush all of the way across. In other words a very sharp tool not a dull grinder. Get them all Machined. Remember you had the box re-done and that could have changed things. I saw the ends of the cores and they look rounded

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    That last motor looks good! Looks like shaft is long enough to actually USE it for something.

I put two coils in the machine and started it up. Very unpleasant grinding sound. Apparently the cores are sticking out far enough to rub on the rotor magnets. Some grinding needs to be done and I can't hold the coils with one hand to do it. Going to have to build some kind of jig to hold coils. Plus, core is made out of many tiny wires glued together with high temp epoxy. Grinding may do a number on them. Would be best to put a sleeve of pipe the right length on the end of the core, and grind off anything that sticks out past it. That would hold the wires in place and keep them from getting ruined. Got a call in to see what we can do. Maybe spacers/shims a few 1,000ths thick with a 3/4 diameter hole is the way to go. Slip a few on the end of the core before I put it in and rotate rotor by hand to see if problem is solved. Epoxy each one so magnet doesn't remove it if they are magnetic.

I did a whole video on how I filed each core to make sure it fit in the hole (diameter) but didn't think to check for length. I didn't make the coils. I just wound them. My partners made them. Core was supposed to stick out of coil 1/4". I KNOW they used a 1/4" spacer!!!!
    Last edited by Turion; 01-15-2022, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Pulling 70 volts on the Variac and it is only rated for 5 amps I believe. Will have to look at that. So 2800 RPM is easily achievable with this setup. Next step is to test two coils. Will do that this afternoon. Gonna rest my hand for a bit. It is not happy about being put back to work. It is broken but almost perfectly aligned, so no surgery. Besides, it’s close to lunch time. Any excuse not to work.

Go in Tuesday to have a long term splint made. For now my hand is just wrapped and I can’t use it without regretting it.

if two coils without magnetic adjustment do not draw too many amps from the Variac, I can at least get the required RPM figured out and two coil output to load data today.

https://youtu.be/jkPACdHWg8k

I have nightmares about that motor you show. I had the shaft on one of my MY1020 motors just break off. If I switch this back to direct drive ( the eventual plan) I will keep that motor in mind.
    Darn it I didn't know that, sorry, let me give it some thought. There is another version same size pmm with a regular shaft goes to 100vdc. I find it again, brb on that one

Anyway you need to rest and the crew needs to pick up the $%@^& slack, next weekend? Tuesday is along way to get a doctor. I have to wait till mar 8th and it hurts.

Thanks to your team you are getting some progress, great guys, buy pizza and brewski's

edit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/30339971352...4AAOSwPsJXP2fh

edit: All shaft coupler must have a retaining pin
    https://teamknkhardware.com/replacement-parts-hop-ups/1392-enduro-pivot-balls.html

https://teamknkhardware.com/replacem...vot-balls.html

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-15-2022, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Pulling 70 volts on the Variac and it is only rated for 5 amps I believe. Will have to look at that. So 2800 RPM is easily achievable with this setup. Next step is to test two coils. Will do that this afternoon. Gonna rest my hand for a bit. It is not happy about being put back to work. It is broken but almost perfectly aligned, so no surgery. Besides, it’s close to lunch time. Any excuse not to work.

Go in Tuesday to have a long term splint made. For now my hand is just wrapped and I can’t use it without regretting it.

if two coils without magnetic adjustment do not draw too many amps from the Variac, I can at least get the required RPM figured out and two coil output to load data today.

https://youtu.be/jkPACdHWg8k

I have nightmares about that motor you show. I had the shaft on one of my MY1020 motors just break off. Fortunately, at the time, I was using it to direct drive the generator. With the belt and pulley arrangement I have now, if that happened I can just imagine things flying around. With the sleeve I had made and a pulley, there is even more stress on the shaft. Unless you are going to use it as a direct drive motor, I wouldn’t recommend it. And even then I would be extremely cautious.

At the time the shaft broke I did NOT have magnetic neutralization figured out yet, so there was a lot more torque on the shaft to turn the rotor. If I switch this back to direct drive ( the eventual plan) I will keep that motor in mind.
    Last edited by Turion; 01-15-2022, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Calling all circuit wizards 35$ bucks pre-made hook it up, come on make sense. This one puts out 20a at 50vdc all day and takes in 110vdc. This is exactly what is needed for the motor upgrade. Clean and quick, do it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36368519020...0AAOSws4Rh2~iM

WZ10020 1000W Step Down Module DC Buck Converter Output 0-100V MPPT Solar Panel Charging Power Supply

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-15-2022, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Probably a boost or buck converter is better and just as cheap.
    These are great for a project. $20 bucks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25528918305...IAAOSwiMVhwVWg

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-15-2022, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I know you are pinched for money and time but for the evolution of this design others maybe interested to see this new motor upgrade. This motor can do 20 amps for quite awhile at 48vdc. The reason it is best is that cheap boost (adjustable) are readily available to control it. If nobody wants to fund this project fine. Let Dave battle it out on his own. Same format Dave has bolts hole for. Plus he already has a number of machined fittings to sleeve the shaft he spent big money on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15173661962...8AAOSwTepfWD8S

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-15-2022, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Let's say that it takes 4 coils in parallel or in series and you hook straight to the motor and the motor wants to run at 3600 rpm's but with a 24 magnets speed up come at 2300 rpm's. What then is put light bulbs across the motor say 40w, 60w,, 75w and use bulbs to lower ther speed down to wherever you want it instead of fancy circuits. Bulbs love DC power and you can get a good reading of how much power is there.

Once you put out some data and the data doesn't change from day to day maybe someone will build a circuit for it that isn't a waste of time. You have 16 versions not able to sustain more than 30 minutes without a meltdown. Nobody will build anything for those
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-15-2022, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    I already bought a heavy amp switch .... Let an EE work out the kinks.
    I like my starting circuit better

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I already bought a heavy amp switch designed to switch the machine between two DC power sources. Start it on the Variac with the bridge and switch over to coil production when it is running. It doesn’t have to work perfectly. It is just a prototype. Let an EE work out the kinks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X