While we wait on a few milling projects watch machines fly

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    200 years old tech rewind

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    Go that you entertain yourself working and enjoying what you like to do, so it is time for everything, that you continue your work with success
    Regards BroMikey

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Here we are witnessing a standard milling, which is about 2000 pounds with a rotary table cutting in circles. At this time the rotary table is connected to the feed on the mill. Turning the rotary table by hand is another video.

If you are cutting circles with a tablesaw or drill press lathe, remember that the "run out" is anywhere from 50 thousandths or more or less. "RUN OUT" is all about the wobble in the cutting device. With a regular mill "run out" is less than 1/2 a thousandths and could be 1/10th.

Last edited by BroMikey; 10-21-2020, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    nice milling machine. Now that's what it takes. the 1" shaft upgrade is AAA+++ however I would not use aluminum for a rotor. Unless you have one that works the same as plastic?
    My son and I were welding out the bottom of the trailer frame today as part of his home school class work. Things are moving along. I have missed 2 milling machines in past few days. It is a steady stream but you must be ready to move with money in hand to get a deal.

Picked up a homemade log splitter today so I will have more free time to work projects. He crafted it out of a 63 chevy pickup, rebuilt motor, half the frame attached to all the hydraulics, very cool one of a kind for a few hundred. Most people wouldn't want it. I love industrial grade. 20 ton. cracked some impossible twisted stumps like butter today.

Machining a circle (one way)

Last edited by BroMikey; 10-21-2020, 11:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    It's good that you keep moving forward, and show images, thank you for your information that serves as a guide.
    Now they are using new materials and the motor shaft was changed for a 1 "one, well it supports more effort
    The rotor that you show are 22 repulsors, is that right?

It is good that they already have improvements, and that you also have other projects.Sir, Dave, personally I look forward to your new projects if you want to share them and try them yourself, and then if you think it is worth sharing them, with those who take the hassle of doing them.

Thank you, we remain attentive to your information
    Last edited by alexelectric; 10-20-2020, 12:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied

Updates: Greyland's friend went out drinking Friday night instead of coming by the shop to help him connect up the coils. Fine motor skill tasks are still a challenge for him, so it will probably be this weekend before he has the motor up and running. SO that's the progress on THAT project.

The other individual who is in CA and is adding repulsion magnets to his existing build has been too busy with actual WORK to make any progress, but he will keep me posted. The third individual who is replicating the generator and building one for me at the same time sent the following pictures this last week:
    2007-01-06 08.33.00.jpg 20201014_205826.jpg

Bro, you can use aluminum for the rotors, but you need something strong and non-magnetic to make the coil holders out of. Garalite might work for that, and we may give it a try one day soon. But with equal attraction of the rotor magnets in both directions because of coils on both sides of the rotor, and magnetic repulsion equal because of repulsion magnets on both sides of the rotor, most of the stresses I was running into have been eliminated. By having the rotor shaft larger between the bearings, we eliminated the ability of the shaft to move from side to side because of a nut coming loose, so the major stress point is where the rotor is attached to the shaft, and we went up to a 1" diameter shaft.

The best news I have had recently is my contractor is taking a week's vacation from his regular job and will FINISH ALL HIS PROJECTS AT MY HOUSE in the next week. That means I could be done in a couple weeks. Once that happens I will have at least three or four days a week I can devote to this stuff. I have several projects I have not brought here because I have had no time to test them on the bench myself, although people I talk to have been having some success. I know how bi wants to have his cake and eat it to, and can't be troubled to actually build anything, so don't want to share something I haven't built myself, even though others have taken the idea and run with it.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    bi,
    He has determined, after spending time with Greyland at the shop with my machine, that it is viable, and he is incorporating it into his build.
    I haven't heard form him since August 31, but your question prompted me to contact him to see what his progress is. If I get any interesting results form him, I will post it here.

His machine has places for 48 coils, but only has 12 because of the magnetic drag issue that you claim goes away at speed. It doesn't, as anyone who has actually BUILT anything can tell you. He too, has the correct kind of coils, but is far advanced in his coil technology. They output way more than my coils do. (2.7 amps per coil and 30 volts per 1000 rpm) Unfortunately, he is also under an NDA, so cannot share that info. Too bad. Suffice to say, he has a Lenz free generator and the biggest obstacle to its success was the load on the motors caused not by Lenz, but by magnetic drag. Now he has the means and method to eliminate it. Should be interesting.

As to the build a couple of us are involved in. Here are the pieces cut to make the coil holders. As you can see, there are enough for more than one machine.

18 pcs..jpg

Last edited by Turion; 10-08-2020, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post

Hi there Turion,

How did your friend's prototype using your magnetic neutralization perform?

Regards,
    bi
    Nice try BYE, experiments take time. You need to let the person have enough time to test. How are your battery tests coming? See it goes both ways. So frivolous of me to ask? Is this all you have to do? I can't hurry people up like you want.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 10-08-2020, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    When I talk to him next, I will see if I can find out where he got it if you are interested. I do know that they guy he bought it from haw plastic for sale. Lots of it.
    A few years back I might have been interested but now I am in favor of materials that would be used say in a truck motor rather than an air conditioned office. Your snap together plastic block model has it's advantages as a classroom tool.
    Many are attracted to a modular design not only for easy of explanation but also coil replacement during operation.

I do not like plastic. Plastic is full of wax and at room temp it appears to be a solid.

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    One of the reasons I am no longer concerned with the progress on this thread is that I was contacted by someone with TONS of experience with motors and generators. He is actually in the management of a company that specializes in motors and generators, so he might know a thing or two. He is the individual who came to Greyland's shop and SAW the generator running. He was impressed enough that he will be incorporating the magnetic neutralization into the prototype he is building. His budget is a little more than mine, O Machine.jpg
    Hi there Turion,

How did your friend's prototype using your magnetic neutralization perform?

Regards,
    bi

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    When I talk to him next, I will see if I can find out where he got it if you are interested. I do know that they guy he bought it from haw plastic for sale. Lots of it.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    You will notice the plastic sheet is 2 3/4" thick

my NEW plastic buddy for $350 + $80 shipping.

The place he is getting the plastic is in Florida,

So I have no idea what it would cost YOU to have it shipped to where you are. Probably more than you pay for the plastic.
    great to find someone like that. Everyone else pays thousands

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    You will notice the plastic sheet is 2 3/4" thick NOT 4". I need two pieces on each side of the rotor. One for the beginning of the coils on the left and one for the end of the coils on the left. One for the beginning of the coils on the right and one for the end of the coils on the right. Since the coils are only 3" in length and the individual plastic sheets are almost that thick by themselves, they can be machined off on both sides to be perfectly smooth., and put together to make a solid mass that will hold the coils in place.

This from the guy I am working with building the new version of the generator:
    "A 4ft. X 8ft. X 2 3/4 in. sheet of HDPE from my NEW plastic buddy for $350 + $80 shipping. This means If I can get 18 pcs @16 in square out of it that would be $24 each X (4) per gen would be under a $100 total and thats what I would charge you. (4 for $95.50 total). I can mill them down to 2 in thick. That sheet weighs 485 lbs. I`m going to start tomorrow drawing up the side walls. "

The place he is getting the plastic is in Florida, and he doesn't live that far away. So I have no idea what it would cost YOU to have it shipped to where you are. Probably more than you pay for the plastic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X