Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroMikey
    replied
    I don't use 304 ss bolts or grade 5 bolts because they turn to butter even fine threads. I use grade 8 bolts or 316 L. Then I feel all warm and fuzzy. Live and learn. The machinist showed you a good lesson. He was right to crank the Sh%! out of those junkers Those are phony high grade bolts. A real grade 8 bolt will never chew up and look shiny only on buggered threads. And the nuts are cheesy too. They suck but you already know that now. It is fine to use an Allen to hold the bolt from slipping while the nut is being turned down in the tightening process, not the other way around

Bevel head bolts are shallow wells and those are more for cosmetic wood working. Your allens are not high grade because they snap and never twist.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-08-2022, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Well, I said I should have the generator back together in the next couple days barring anything unforeseen, but as usual, something happened. The machine shop torqued the He%! out of the bolts that hold the sections together. There are four bolts on each section, and two sections. So eight bolts. Luckily, they only put TWO on each section to hold it together temporarily because it took me all of yesterday and most of today to get two steps accomplished. With the changes, most of the bolt holes on the mounts didn't align properly. They had to be filed out in the frame so the modified machine could be bolted into place. Couldn't drill them out because they had to go about 1/4" sideways, and that would have meant a HIUGE hole in the frame. So had to file all eight mounting bolt holes by hand.

Then I had to take out those four section mounting bolts. THAT was a nightmare. I twisted two different Allen wrenches into candy canes, and broke the end of one of them. A couple of the bolts I was able to get out far enough to cut the heads off. One bolt just snapped. Another one I destroyed the threads getting the nut off. Now I have to replace the bolts and I am trying to find some. NO LUCK. I need socket head Allen cap screws 4 1/2 x 1/4-20. Nobody in my town has them, including Fastenal, so ordered them. Paid extra for shipping by air and they will be here Monday. Almost $60 for 8 bolts. I'm going to have a word with the machinist! You can see the Allen wrench at the top, and how it was twisted. And what was left of the four bolts. That was my day. Can't put the machine back together until I get these 8 bolts in.

Machinist's present.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by pmgriphone View Post

180W in, about 10-20W out? COP=10%
    yes but you missed the experimental test. Try looking at the trees or would you prefer the forest?
    At any rate ding-bat the same setup with a normal lenz sucking coil be 200w in and 15watts out. 7% COP Ever declining conventional numbers you turn a blind eye to, in your ignorance is bliss delusion.

Why do these conventional coil COP's escape your attention? Do you attention deficit?

The way you could better look at this is by using a 2.5 hp Briggs engine as a yard unit has to drive a generator head. A well designed generator head produces 2000 watts sold on the market today.

The same engine could pull 7500watt gen-heat of the new coil type. Because you do not see that the new coils assist the gas engine the trees block your view of the forest. That is how bias your thinking processes have become.

Prejudice is against the experiment and unable to see beyond it's own insanity.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-07-2022, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pmgriphone
    replied
    Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    King of lenz free generating back in 2008
    180W in, about 10-20W out? COP=10%

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    You can learn much by watching old video's with 24 magnet rotor and fat coils as compared to the video's with smaller coils used today. The best thing about this old one here was running slower speeds of 1800 rpm's and shorted coils shifting the delayed current 80 degrees

The old tests show lots of speed up and the new ones make big power. According to Thanes ohm rating for the new C cores at point 3 ohms I get a 12awg wire 3 sections or strands at 125 feet each which seems incredibly short to me.

In other words to come up with any coil close to that ohm rating. This means at 3600 rpm's using a 24 magnet rotor Thane can reach the null producing 80v @5amps using only 375ft of wire for his 2020 ebike coils.

Also you can see how well constructed his rotors are

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-07-2022, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    King of lenz free generating back in 2008

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    BTW guys this is Jordan's lenz free generator running at 1600 rpm, you will see the effects at 50 strands of 73ft each and at the 25 terminal with a bigger load

total starting/baseline drive power = 22v X 520ma

Drive power dropping 5ma X 22v = 1.1w
    generated power .8w was 45v x 18ma

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-06-2022, 03:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Memphis View Post
    thank you BroMike, I will try to make it with the modifications, leaving the magnets still, but I was wondering if it was a good project to find a self-sufficient energy source for the house or if it is better to follow your project regarding Thane. The weak point of the homopolar generator project is the current draw, the brushes do not give a guarantee of long life. What do you think about ?
    The way I see it is you need to run a larger machine at 10,000 rpm's and follow the diagram in the video of the master machinist.
    Study the gyroscopic effects. Use very high quality materials so you can get to a realizable 12v or whatever might be possible with these machines. Run the tests down low or at slow speeds and move faster over time with better machining. Start at 5000 rpm and move to 7500 rpm to see if you can get voltage.

Once you get power you will need to refine until you can get more out than you are putting into the drive motor as is the case with all motor generators. I have never made the attempt with this one. As far as powering the house, I would say look on youtube to fine 3 or 4 people getting the results and watch them power small devices and maybe you can gain a perspective.

According to min 43 of the video you have 2 ends of the "N" machine, one end has both copper disc and magnets rotating together while the other end of the same shaft has stationary magnets and a rotating disc. see the diagram in min 43
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-04-2022, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Memphis
    replied
    thank you BroMike, I will try to make it with the modifications, leaving the magnets still, but I was wondering if it was a good project to find a self-sufficient energy source for the house or if it is better to follow your project regarding Thane. The weak point of the homopolar generator project is the current draw, the brushes do not give a guarantee of long life. What do you think about ?

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    listen to min 43 he says rotating disc and stationary magnets very clearly, there is more here than most people see

Leave a comment:

• Memphis
    replied
    Thanks Turion, but I don't understand why De Palma can be seen in the videos that in his homopolar generator he rotates both the copper disk and the magnets ?

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Memphis,
    In the video I sent you they are rotating the magnets but not the copper disk. The slots are cut into the copper disk in a specific pattern to reduce, as much as possible, the currents that cause the braking action you are experiencing. I believe you are rotating both the copper disk as well as the magnets, so I don't know if this will be of help, but I thought you might be interested in it.
    The slots which they cut in the copper disc fashion a circuit that mimics single turn coils at one per pole pair. Then rotating the field magnets generates an AC voltage in the series connected armature coil set. The braking action, torque, depends on the load connected to the end points of that armature circuit.
    bi

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Memphis,
    In the video I sent you they are rotating the magnets but not the copper disk. The slots are cut into the copper disk in a specific pattern to reduce, as much as possible, the currents that cause the braking action you are experiencing. I believe you are rotating both the copper disk as well as the magnets, so I don't know if this will be of help, but I thought you might be interested in it.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I got your message. Thane has already told us that when he started out he used iron cores. Then Thane had a series of video's on Permalloy that he was trying out in his transformers and his large coil regenX machines often dual rotor. Then metglass got big in around 2009 and now the new material is very nearly the same called amorphous nano-crystalline either 101 or you can use 107 for higher than 100hz. Then told us in an interview on radio that the correct proportion was around 50% nickel content at the time worked best.

Thanes new approach to deal with parasitic drag (first step) is the Quantum motor coil to counter appose this drag at lower speeds. We all know what has to be done but very few can give their whole life to this work like Thane has done. The rest of us are part time spectators. I remember how young and fresh Thane was when he started and look at him now, he is almost a 20 year man and still not funded for high output factory production. Your time runs out

This is a repeat message from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and up where inventors thought they would get noticed and make a fortune. Their time ran out because the big money is told to wait them out and can not help the little guy even if they wanted to.

Corporations fight other corporations with red tape stalling out any competition tying their hands for 10-20 years at a shot thru unlimited court proceedings. Dirty judges and dirty lawyers run everything as their back up team uses the muzzle of a gun to make the impossible, possible.

There are floods of young man who are hired by the big money to pull a trigger for huge sums of money. It is part of their family DNA.

This is the same ole. Like I always say keep ducking I grew up in Detroit and so I has seen it all from dirty officials to the street rats running dope to the showers of bullets peppering the trafficking houses, the street wkores (14-25years) drugged up wandering around zombies.

Some things will never change.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 01-03-2022, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Memphis
    replied
    Happy New Year guys everyone! .... Thanks for the answer Turion, but I didn't understand, ... does the magnet have to rotate with the copper disc?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X