3.95V----75%
    3.85V----50%
    3.73V----25%
    3.50V----5%
    2.75V----0%

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Lithium-ion batteries can store up to 180Wh per kilogram, while graphene can store up to 1,000Wh per kilogram, making it a much more space-efficient store of energy. The addition of graphene by nano-technology to lithium ion is used to improve the charge performance, energy capacity, rate capacity, power density and stability of batteries because of its high surface area ratio, stable chemical properties, and fine electrical and thermal conductivity. A graphene lithium hybrid battery is not only safer, but it can also provide a much longer range on a single charge with a smaller, lighter battery. As graphene-lithium batteries have improved energy density by 250% that means 2.5 times more energy per weight, than typical 18650 Lithium-ion cells. The new battery cells are claimed to deliver far more power density than current lithium-ion batteries, without the cooling, heating or rare-earth problems they face.

https://www.amazon.com/Graphene-Batt...450094570&th=1

https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/..._id=1083300108

These are not your grandpa's batteries, and I have no idea if they will work in the systems and schematics I am working with. Gonna find out though.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/graphene-h...wered-vehicles
    Last edited by Turion; 08-11-2022, 06:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    I sent you both an email with a link. It should be working. I sent one to my son also and he just watched the video.
    Yes that is great. Have not got a clue, but I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flR_v0XOC_U

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I sent you both an email with a link. It should be working. I sent one to my son also and he just watched the video.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Oops. Posted it, set as private, posted your email addresses as approved. But didn't hit the "save" button. Too much going on right now at my place. Have a dog with dementia. Goes in circles and cries until you come get him and hold him. My shift is from 8:PM until 5:00AM, and then when I wake up about at about 8AM, I relieve my wife so she can work for a living. So about three hours of sleep a night, plus cat naps during the day, between projects.
    Awe poor doggy. Don't wreck your health, where does it end?

I had fun sharpening my straw mulcher. Makin strawcrete soon and you thought you were a cement man

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Oops. Posted it, set as private, posted your email addresses as approved. But didn't hit the "save" button. Too much going on right now at my place. Have a dog with dementia. Goes in circles and cries until you come get him and hold him. My shift is from 8:PM until 5:00AM, and then when I wake up about at about 8AM, I relieve my wife so she can work for a living. So about three hours of sleep a night, plus cat naps during the day, between projects.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Sent you a link. Working on 100 watts.
    Email or PM?
    Don't see anything.

Ok BroMikey so we are on same page and chapter.

I found out that the BMS I'm using will not allow series wiring. No idea on the why. Of course parallels is ok. Therefore I can't use the brick with the BMS setup to experiment the 3BGS or 4 battery switch setup.

I will build a non BMS set of lithium battery packs to experiment with. More to think about.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    I don't see it

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by wantomake View Post
    So BroMikey, you're using a 3s 3p battery setup? Or how do you have yours connected? Fully charged at 4.2 volts each x 3 = 12.6 volts. I've learned you can't run them below 3 volts each or 9 volts in that configuration. But you know that already. How many mah per battery? That will determine your watt hours.
    There's a math formula to find that but my notes are in the shop.

But good video. I'm headed to shop to connect new boosters that arrived.

Turion must be busy these days. Lol!!
    Yes I am charging to 12.2v and discharging to 10.4v this gives me 14wh for 3 batteries 2000mah rating. My new ones are 2700mah and each pack of nine is 7800mah but the real rating is much less if I want 2000 cycles. And I do.

3/4 Amp 750 ma and that is it maybe intermittent 1000ma.

Look back in the posts for my connection

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    So BroMikey, you're using a 3s 3p battery setup? Or how do you have yours connected? Fully charged at 4.2 volts each x 3 = 12.6 volts. I've learned you can't run them below 3 volts each or 9 volts in that configuration. But you know that already. How many mah per battery? That will determine your watt hours.
    There's a math formula to find that but my notes are in the shop.

But good video. I'm headed to shop to connect new boosters that arrived.

Turion must be busy these days. Lol!!

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    New pack baseline test to see how many actual WH can be produced from these li ion batteries. After that split positive testing

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Well I found out my Drok is bad after connecting the brick up as a 4 battery setup. Matt motor connected. Ready to see results. But, nothing.

Getting weary of these frying Droks!!!

Wednesday the 2 new smaller boost converters are coming in.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Correction on last post. Will try the 4 battery switch setup since I have 5 batteries. I need a 20 amp fuse for the Boost module. So will head to Wallyworld later as I get supper for the family. Will post any results I get later. Hopefully will be good results.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Getting the brick connected to lead wires and hopefully get done today.

There's five 12.42 volt batteries in the brick. May try the simple 3BGS setup to see if the BMS system can handle being connected backwards as one battery is negative to negative. Don't know if these BMS only connect with correct polarity or not. But will see. Having rain storms so will continue on afterwards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X