Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turion
    replied
    Need to finish my coils today, stripping wire ends and getting them ready to put in the machine. But that should only take a couple hours.

So today is test day. Since I cannot get the machine up to 2850 rpm with current gearing, I will attempt to use alternate methods to get Lenz neutral.

I can also see what the output to load will be at the lower rpm. NOT to be confused with what it will output at the CORRECT rpm.

Data, data, data

As usual, life got in the way. Vet appointment for my dog I didn’t see on the calendar. As my wife works from home and I am retired, so that job is all mine. And he is worth it.
    Last edited by Turion; 11-13-2021, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Have you ever DONE that with your kitchen stove? One wire is no problem, but when you have a LOT of wires your kitchen will soon stink to high heaven. My wife and I HAD that discussion years ago. All your other options require a trip to town for something I don't have, unless I use the flame on my barbecue grill, which had crossed my mind. But I didn't want to stand out in the rain for an hour barbequing wire. Easier to just run to town in the morning and grab what I need so I can work indoors. Don't have to go all the way to Lowes, which is 25 minutes, but to the local hardware store, which is only 12.

Leave a comment:

• pmgriphone
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Looks like tomorrow-Sunday I can do some testing while I wait for the new gears. My igniter I use to burn the coating off the wires ran out of juice. Need to get another one or two. There’s always SOMETHING that requires a trip to town. Maybe my wife will loan me a candle. That might work.
    Just turn on your stove and stick the wire into the blue flame. Will be stripped real fast. Unless you have an electric stove. Or you can use a can of butane gas, or camps gas bottle.

Leave a comment:

• pmgriphone
    replied
    Originally posted by Rakarskiy View Post

My dear friend, solving equations with fractions is high school. The settlement procedure does not change. First, calculations are made in the numerator and denominator, and then the fraction is solved. I recommend repeating what was taught in school. This material has already proved everything, science does not deny the over-unit electromechanical converter, it is denied by idiots who think that they rule the world.
    Seriously Rakker, looks like you don't get it. What is in your paper is this: I = E - U / R + Rz

Using proper elementary school rules for division and addition, that means your first divide U/R, then add E and Rz. Clearly that is not what you meant in your formula as your units don't add up. I is in units of Amps, E is in units of voltage, U/R is in units of Amps, Rz is in units of ohms. Clearly, you can't add those up.

Clearly what you meant to write down is this: I = (E - U) /(R + Rz)

Yet the brackets are missing in your paper.... Fix it if you want anybody to understand what you mean.

But maybe you first need to revisit kindergarten before you go to elementary school?

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Got all of the holes for the plates to hold the coils in place drilled, tapped and labeled. Labeled the plates too in case not everything is the same. Each plate was fitted to a specific spot.

Also got all 12 coils fit into the machine and coils and their positions labeled.

Now I need to strip all the coil wires bare and get them twisted together to fit in the connectors. But first, lunch.

Looks like tomorrow-Sunday I can do some testing while I wait for the new gears. My igniter I use to burn the coating off the wires ran out of juice. Need to get another one or two. There’s always SOMETHING that requires a trip to town. Maybe my wife will loan me a candle. That might work.

Last edited by Turion; 11-11-2021, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I have not. It’s one of many things I need to test. On my old clunker the back of the coil was flush with the coil holder and there were two small pieces of metal with a bolt through the center that allowed them to rotate so the metal extended out over the back of the coil to hold it in place, and I never had a heat problem with them, just with the coil cores themselves. But they would vibrate loose after a while and I constantly had to tighten them. It was a weird setup.

So I hope this will work. Time will tell. I figured I could always replace the metal with some plastic if I need to.
    Last edited by Turion; 11-11-2021, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thaelin
    replied
    Hi Dave:
    Have you by chance spun up a rotor with those metal plates run distance to see if they heat up? They do have the "jingle" of being SS but thought you might want to check under load so to speak. I held a small motor in place with a cut pvc and it got hot to the touch and was enough to warp the pvc.
    thay

Leave a comment:

• alexelectric
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    So yesterday was my weekly trip to town which kills half a day. But I did get some things done and have some more to do.

https://youtu.be/W8-kCFuACNs
    well improved assembly, so that the coils do not move or vibrate, everything well adjusted and held, for greater safety and operation, excellent S. Dave

Leave a comment:

• Rakarskiy
    replied
    Originally posted by pmgriphone View Post

Rakarsky, your write up is a mess. Putting equations like this in your text leaves to many arbitrary interpretations. Please fix your write up and fix the details: Put brackets where they belong throughout all of your text.

I = E - U / R + Rz is not equal to I = (E - U) / (R + Rz)

Not sure how you can ever proof anything if you are sloppy like that! Someone reading your text has no clue what you mean with your equations.

And lastly, why don;t you build what you designed in your article and proof to yourself (and us) that it really works as you think it will.
    My dear friend, solving equations with fractions is high school. The settlement procedure does not change. First, calculations are made in the numerator and denominator, and then the fraction is solved. I recommend repeating what was taught in school. This material has already proved everything, science does not deny the over-unit electromechanical converter, it is denied by idiots who think that they rule the world.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    So yesterday was my weekly trip to town which kills half a day. But I did get some things done and have some more to do.

https://youtu.be/W8-kCFuACNs

Leave a comment:

• pmgriphone
    replied

You are wrong, Ampere Force works, and even very strong, especially in axial generators, without cores. Secondly, in my article I do not disassemble a generator with a core at all. This article is more like proof that the statement about the balance of electrical and mechanical power in generators is a big educational lie.

My article "Electromechanical converter, with efficiency> 1. Solving a problem in physics" no one forbids studying it.

PS. I have already conveyed my regards to my Russian-speaking Cerberus, their commission for the fight against pseudoscience.

Rakarsky, your write up is a mess. Putting equations like this in your text leaves to many arbitrary interpretations. Please fix your write up and fix the details: Put brackets where they belong throughout all of your text.

I = E - U / R + Rz is not equal to I = (E - U) / (R + Rz)

Not sure how you can ever proof anything if you are sloppy like that! Someone reading your text has no clue what you mean with your equations.

And lastly, why don;t you build what you designed in your article and proof to yourself (and us) that it really works as you think it will.
    Last edited by pmgriphone; 11-10-2021, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rakarskiy
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post
    Mr. Rakarskiy,
    this discussion is off-topic (or too deep) for this thread, in my opinion, so I'll step out, but leave this reference.
    bi ______
    "Ampère's Force Law is seldom used directly for practical engineering purposes. Its real value is to form the basis upon which to define the unit of electric current. You can derive the Force Law by substituting the magnetic field value given by the Biot Savart Equation into the motor equation. Indeed, practical calculations of the electromechanical force usually take this approach, which you can also extend to include inhomogeneous media.

All of what follows applies only to 'free space' environments. Ampère's Force Law is of no use in the presence of magnetizable materials. However, the Force Law has the advantage, as a means of defining the ampere, that it is independent of any definition of a magnetic field. Magnetic flux density may instead then be defined in terms of the ampere."

(link) http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop...pereForce.html
    You are wrong, Ampere Force works, and even very strong, especially in axial generators, without cores. Secondly, in my article I do not disassemble a generator with a core at all. This article is more like proof that the statement about the balance of electrical and mechanical power in generators is a big educational lie.

My article "Electromechanical converter, with efficiency> 1. Solving a problem in physics" no one forbids studying it.

PS. I have already conveyed my regards to my Russian-speaking Cerberus, their commission for the fight against pseudoscience.

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Mr. Rakarskiy,
    this discussion is off-topic (or too deep) for this thread, in my opinion, so I'll step out, but leave this reference.
    bi ______
    "Ampère's Force Law is seldom used directly for practical engineering purposes. Its real value is to form the basis upon which to define the unit of electric current. You can derive the Force Law by substituting the magnetic field value given by the Biot Savart Equation into the motor equation. Indeed, practical calculations of the electromechanical force usually take this approach, which you can also extend to include inhomogeneous media.

All of what follows applies only to 'free space' environments. Ampère's Force Law is of no use in the presence of magnetizable materials. However, the Force Law has the advantage, as a means of defining the ampere, that it is independent of any definition of a magnetic field. Magnetic flux density may instead then be defined in terms of the ampere."

(link) http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Workshop...pereForce.html

Leave a comment:

• Rakarskiy
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post

Why don't the units work out to support your derivation? The "Ampere force" is expressed in N/m ( newtons per meter, force per unit length of wire), not a moment in Nm ( newton meters as is torque).
    bi
    You had a bad physics teacher. Any force is measured in Nyutans (SI). Ampere force is also in Newtons:

Fa = B * l * v * sina (N)

In rotary motion, the concept of a moment of force is applied, which is formed from a lever relative to the axis and the point of application of the force:

T(Nm) = F(N) * r (m)* sina.

*later I will publish my article in English
    Read the updated version via google translator.
    Last edited by Rakarskiy; 11-09-2021, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied

I don't want to offend you, but the science of electromechanisms is based on the ampere force. This is my material, a simple and logical solution.
    Why don't the units work out to support your derivation? The "Ampere force" is expressed in N/m ( newtons per meter, force per unit length of wire), not a moment in Nm ( newton meters as is torque).
    bi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X