Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroMikey
    replied
    I play with magnets a lot that are cylinders. I don't know anything about disc magnets from testing. Here is what I found out testing the cylinders. Place a large powerful magnet out in the middle of the table. Next take the same size magnet in your hand and begin moving it around in a circle all of the way around the magnet in the center of the table. start at 18" and circle. move to 12" and circle keeping an eye on the free magnet. As you get in closer say 6-7 inch you will see the loose magnet move. Move in another inch and it will start moving in a circle with the magnet in your hand.

If you are using 1" X 1" magnets use an inch of rubber gym mat material to cover your magnets so as not to lose a finger. Another way is to have magnets on a fulcrum or rotor like MadMack suggested. My small magnets on the madmack setup would begin pulling toward one another within a 3-4" range. As the magnets get closer together you have time to pull you hand out of the way so the magnets don't crash into each other. This is a safer way to test large dangerous magnets.

I would venture to say it is impossible to set two 1" x 1" magnets together free standing at less than 3" before things get hazardous to human health
    Last edited by BroMikey; 07-05-2022, 03:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Wantomake, I think Matt pulled that YouTube link down. Not entirely sure. Here is the PDF. I do have a video Matt made, but not the series he made explaining how to wind the motor. At least I don't THINK I do. Am looking now. MJSCwriteup.pdf

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    I'm using the Matt modified motor to run with the Peter Lindemann (sp?) 4 battery switch setup, but I need to rewind the Matt motor and can't find the YouTube link.
    I know this is off subject on a holiday. Forgive me. But I'm still at it, just a little different project.
    Thanks in advance and be safe and Happy 4th!
    wantomake

​​​​​
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I don't think that is correct.
    There are six coils on each side of the rotor, but because I have 10 magnets on the rotor, only four coils align with a rotor magnets at any point in time. (Two on each side of the rotor.) And only two magnets out on the rim of the rotor each align with two magnets on the stator (one on each side of the rotor) at that same point in time.

I have six coils on each side of the rotor.
    If I had 6, 12, 18, or 24 magnets on the rotor (and opposition magnets aligned correctly) all 12 coils would be attracted at the same time and all magnets in repulsion would act at the same time. But with 10 magnets, the spacing is different.
    Last edited by Turion; 07-04-2022, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Should be up and running by Wednesday or Thursday.

I have another house project....building a shed under my deck, that I need to get done, so I am way busy right now. No rest for the weary,
    Have fun doing the cement and I know you love it. Keep up the good work. So you use 8 magnets to oppose 4 magnets counting the cores as magnets? Interesting, I'll have to think on it
    Last edited by BroMikey; 07-04-2022, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I actually had my stator drilled for NEW holes for the opposition magnets that allows them to be farther from the coils. They still line up with a 3/4" magnet on the rotor when the 1" magnet is aligned with the coil, but it is a magnet on the stator that is BETWEEN two coils rather than one that is directly out from the coil like spokes on a wheel. I picked up 3/4" more spacing between opposition magnets and the coils that way. I've made every change I can think of to limit magnetic interactions of any kind. Will glue the last two magnets in the rotor tomorrow, and let it dry for an hour or so before starting assembly. Should be up and running by Wednesday or Thursday.

I have another house project....building a shed under my deck, that I need to get done, so I am way busy right now. No rest for the weary,

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Hello Dave

I see you are hard at it. This has been along time coming but hey you learn by trial an error. Let us know what the right answer to solve the problem asap if possible, this is got me on pins and needles. Either way you are going to get to the bottom of this.

I am setting up to do machining work. I need to cut non magnetic rotors with them.

edit
    I see half the drag and half the opposition magnets. Should turn out good

edit
    your opposition magnets are out of place, right?
    Last edited by BroMikey; 07-04-2022, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    9E4690FB-180C-4C49-9911-2C995EF5EE46.jpeg D360C353-BE34-4B04-B13A-343005AAEE33.jpeg All glued in magnets removed from rotor. Soaking in acetone to remove glue. All the ones currently in the rotor are North, so will install five South to have a N/S ten magnet rotor with LOTS of space between the magnets. If this solves the problem, will look at having sleeves made for each magnet.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    OVERUNITY is here with MagnetGate pulse motor and the matrix

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    100% water running a small gasoline motor

24v x 30 amps hho generator to the motor

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Acceleration under load

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Squirt bottle style water mist generator into a running motor.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    BMW water generator for car motor online.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Last edited by BroMikey; 06-29-2022, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X