Barbosa and Leal Devices - Info and Replication Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you

but, I dont know if you saw the simple setup from clarence?
    that one desnt have a secundary on the toroid.

I tried that setup but, I measured 12 ampers from the mains and 12 ampers from the ground. so I think that design did not work

Comment

• PREGUNTA a CLARENCE

CLARENCE
      Los primarios de ambos toroides van devanados en el mismo sentido?CW
      ROBY
      ROY

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
        Liable,

Seems the protective covering was also torn away and damaged.
        needs to be replaced by protective covering before attempting to
        wind new turns.
        Also between layers of new winds cover the layers as you go with 3/4 inch
        wide beige color masking tape.
        It makes it easier on your eyes to count the number of new turns in each new layer.

It takes 330 turns of # 20 AWG Magnetic wire. Approx 6" for each turn X 330 turns equals 1980 inches divided by 12 inches equals 165 feet of wire
        needed.
        Get a 200 foot small spool to work with as it will need to be small enough to pass through the center of the core for each turn.

Hope this helps.

Clarence
        Clarence
        The 330 winding primary windings go in both toroids in the same direction?
        Or one toroid is clockwise and the other is counter-clockwise?
        Thanks ROBY
        ROY

Comment

• Test #1

I finally got around to hooking up my setup. I have ~30 ground rods connected per Clarence's advice. The tests I just ran are based on the design he shows in this image.

I put the kill-a-watt meter on the A/C input side, and my amp meter on the ground wire. I had a 300 watt A/C load on the output. When running the load, the KAW never changed - it stayed at like 3 watts, while the ground line amp meter showed 3-4 amps. HOWEVER, when I moved the amp meter to the incoming A/C line, it showed the same 3-4 amps. I also disconnected the toroid to see if there was any difference. With this layout in the attached photo, there was no change if it was connected or disconnected.

Also, I used a power backup (120v APC UPS) to see what would happen if I connected the setup to it as the power source (off-grid). I got the same behavior. HOWEVER, the 3-4 amp still showed on the ground line, even when only on the power backup. I'm no expect, but I would have assumed that it would need to loop back to the APC unit. One flaw in my test is that I was using a surge strip to turn on/off power to the APC unit. I should have physically disconnected since the building ground would have still been connected.

Regardless, this setup does fool the KAW (not sure why), but an amp meter shows current flowing through the same A/C source line. Basically utility hot to physical ground and the KAW can't see it.

I don't think this is the same result as Clarence since at least in my understanding, such a setup would still trip a breaker if amperage is exceeded.
          Attached Files

Comment

• With all respect

Digits10,
            I speak only for my short comings and lack of knowledge with this setup.

I had limited success with this build. Could never understood "how" the unit was supposed to extract energy from the ground. I had the loop wire, which you don't have pictured, looped through the toroid. It had 70+ amps on it that I couldn't use.

Clarence said that his unit worked and powered an inverter without much input from the grid.

I believe what he said and miss his fun times e-mails. Many here dogged him and me for "misleading" others. I hope you success if you go further. I cannot help you. Sorry but that's all I know.

We all take chances here in this FE life. I moved on to the 3BGS.

Rest in peace Clarence,
            wantomake

Comment

• Clarence

Wantomake
              Entiendo por tus palabras que Clarence ya se marcho antes que nosotros
              Lamento mucho su partida
              Roberto
              ROY

Comment

• Language barrier

Originally posted by roby_035 View Post
                Wantomake
                Entiendo por tus palabras que Clarence ya se marcho antes que nosotros
                Lamento mucho su partida
                Roberto
                Sorry but English please. I speak Japanese but no Spanish.

wantomake

Comment

• Clarence

Wantomake
                  I understand from your words that Clarence left before we did
                  I'm very sorry for your departure
                  Robert
                  ROY

Comment

• More than 20 amp thoughts ?

Question -

Clarence reported he was able to run more than 20 amps on his AC unit on a 20 amp breaker. Even if it was a ground loop, the breaker should have tripped, right? It's easy enough to fool a meter, but if he had 25amp at 120v on his utility hot going to his load then to ground, it should have tripped his breaker, right? Any ideas on this?

Comment

• a sincere man trying to make a difference.

I only spoke with Clarence a few times several years back

he was quite passionate and sincere and willing to look outside the box to make the world a better place.

we need more like Clarence,he did inspire .

May his life's example and his legacy bear fruit .

respectfully

Chet K
                      If you want to Change the world
                      BE that change !!

Comment

• Ispire me

Rest in peace our friend, you have inspire many to keep going.
                        Last edited by fer123; 06-27-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Clarence is a good man , may God bless his soul .

peace be upon you .

regards

Comment

• Clarence

CLARENCE Rest in peace, we will follow your steps, here on earth and we will get the best out of it
                            ROBY
                            ROY

Comment

• Patent review

I finally took some time to just read & think through the patents. I'm reading the translated ones. In patent ... 4042, a couple things stand out to me. First, the details of the earth ground aren't mentioned. (Identified as 5 in the drawings.) Second, in Fig. 5, there are two drawings. I can see by reviewing the 2nd one how it could appear to be a utility ground loop & the more ground rods (5) the better connection between loop (4) hot and the 3.2 negative side/neutral side. The same logic applies to Fig. 6 2nd diagram.

For the 1st drawing in each (figure 5, 6), I don't really understand why they have the 3.1 (hot) connected to the loop (4), because in those, it looks like a regular circuit since source + and source - go straight to the load. I'll test these setups and post my results. If anyone has insights, feel free. I'm sort of starting from scratch, but with a 30 ground rod field in what appears to be a high magnetic zone (depends on which satellite image I use), I figure I'll give it a shot.

From the testing I did yesterday, it's very obvious that it is super easy to fool the kill-a-watt power meters by simply not running the path to ground/neutral back through them.

Comment

• Originally posted by digits10 View Post
                                I finally took some time to just read & think through the patents. I'm reading the translated ones. In patent ... 4042, a couple things stand out to me. First, the details of the earth ground aren't mentioned. (Identified as 5 in the drawings.) Second, in Fig. 5, there are two drawings. I can see by reviewing the 2nd one how it could appear to be a utility ground loop & the more ground rods (5) the better connection between loop (4) hot and the 3.2 negative side/neutral side. The same logic applies to Fig. 6 2nd diagram.

For the 1st drawing in each (figure 5, 6), I don't really understand why they have the 3.1 (hot) connected to the loop (4), because in those, it looks like a regular circuit since source + and source - go straight to the load. I'll test these setups and post my results. If anyone has insights, feel free. I'm sort of starting from scratch, but with a 30 ground rod field in what appears to be a high magnetic zone (depends on which satellite image I use), I figure I'll give it a shot.

From the testing I did yesterday, it's very obvious that it is super easy to fool the kill-a-watt power meters by simply not running the path to ground/neutral back through them.
                                Where I can find the translated patents into English ?

Comment

Working...
                                X