• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garrypm
    replied
    Sorry Mike, I should have stated -

take note what happens without the flywheel. then

see what happens once the flywheel is added.

Cheers, Garry

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Its a basic motor, generator and storage device concept. Remember that that a flywheel can store energy too.

We don't know how much effort is put into cranking the handle, or what the losses are but we can see the lights are very low consumption so its not too surprising. Nice though

Leave a comment:

• garrypm
    replied
    Hi All,

If this one is not a hoax, this would fit in with Lockridge -

Flywheel Energy Overunity - YouTube

We need more info on the claimed VCR motor.

Cheers, Garry
    Last edited by garrypm; 09-25-2014, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    maybe so

Originally posted by jtanguay View Post
    wanttomake

I think the trifilar 'coil' is actually the capacitor. Essentially using the capacitance of the copper sheets themselves. If amperage is needed to power the motor action, then maybe the trifilar wound coil is actually set to reduce the voltage from the spike of 400v to something useable, maybe in the 80v range with some actual amperage? Plus the capacitance of the trifilar coil will help with the motor action too... The actual capacitance of the coil will affect how the motor needs to be tuned like a mechanical oscillator too.

I found this on ebay. Looks like the right motor setup, however the rotor coil windings don't look right. One big plus is that this motor could support some big amperage. Should be able to be modified out of the box as long as the configuration will give the correct commutator sparking. It also has the 4 pole stator setup which is required... I would've bought it but $140 shipping to international is a bit much for a long shot. I just don't have that kind of money to throw around at this point. Maybe some day.
    Thanks jtanguay,
    I don't know all about this trifilar coil, but while I am actually and physically building this device along with hiwater over on Imhotep website, there is so much more to understand here.
    I think the intent of the trifilar coil was as an inductor with the capacitor that is closely wrapped around the trifilar coil. The capacitor does cause ac voltage in the trifilar coil when the output of the generator is connected to the capacitor. But no reaction from the case on the trifilar coil yet. That's what I hoped would happen.

Thanks for the eBay link, but an older delco remy generator has a big case and much room inside to work with. At lease is my experiences. Mbrownn and hiwater have been working on this project longer than I have, so not sure the types of generator they've used.

I'm not sure the trifilar coil was used to step down the voltage to increase the current to a useable amount for the motor side. My output has been as high as 4 amps on generator side. But it takes 5 to 20 amps to turn this motor.

As you see there is much tuning and adjustments to be done here.

Join in with us and let's try to get something outsourced together to help our fellow man and leave a planet for the future generations.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    the trifler could indeed be for that purpose, we just don’t know as there are many possibilities. There are aspects that do function as a mechanical oscillator but probably in a different way to how people expect.

The generator you linked to is a possible candidate, but I would not spend so much just to experiment, just buy a second hand delco generator for now.

We are working hard on this and do know how some of it works, but there are so many possibilities at this stage I wont commit to any single method in particular. We are experimenting, and through a process of elimination, we are finding out what does what and how it all fits in. We have figured out how it motors, producing a fraction of the normal BEMF. We have figured out a transformer function within the motor and how it generates. It accelerates under load too which is interesting . How all these functions work together is what we are trying to prove right now.

Its all conventional and nothing mystical in how each part works, its just they have never been combined in a single device before. What is unconventional is that it is the generator that provides the torque and there is no conventional motor in it . This is done by changing the geometry (putting the coils in a different position to normal) eliminating most of the BEMF and allowing the current to produce bigger magnetic fields at a lower voltage to what we normally expect.

If you get your hands on a four pole motor or generator ill instruct you how to do all this.

Leave a comment:

• jtanguay
    replied
    wanttomake

I think the trifilar 'coil' is actually the capacitor. Essentially using the capacitance of the copper sheets themselves. If amperage is needed to power the motor action, then maybe the trifilar wound coil is actually set to reduce the voltage from the spike of 400v to something useable, maybe in the 80v range with some actual amperage? Plus the capacitance of the trifilar coil will help with the motor action too... The actual capacitance of the coil will affect how the motor needs to be tuned like a mechanical oscillator too.

I found this on ebay. Looks like the right motor setup, however the rotor coil windings don't look right. One big plus is that this motor could support some big amperage. Should be able to be modified out of the box as long as the configuration will give the correct commutator sparking. It also has the 4 pole stator setup which is required... I would've bought it but $140 shipping to international is a bit much for a long shot. I just don't have that kind of money to throw around at this point. Maybe some day.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    results

To All,
    There's no reaction from the case on the trifilar coil or the capacitor. But the capacitor while wrapped around the trifilar coil does create voltage in the coil. If the output from the generator side is connected to the capacitor. It's not easy to use the flux John Bedini speaks about. My coil or brush setup is wrong or something.

The generator will not produce much voltage without voltage from a power source. This presently what I'm trying to accomplish. If you power the motor side with a 12 volt battery, it will get bemf on generator side. But not enough current to self run.

There's not much to post about, but some test have been done. The more replicators that get involved in this project then more test can be done.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    In our experiments using lap wound armatures, coil shorting in the armature is inevitable, this leads to some very interesting voltage build ups. I doubt the lockridge had a lap wound armature but this gain could indeed be collected by the two extra brushes if it did.

Aviso's device is very interesting too but it seems very different from the lockridge.

This thread isnt dead, but I want to bring some more definite progress before I post about it.

Leave a comment:

• jtanguay
    replied
    I've wondered about if the capacitor needs to be in close proximity to the case, but if that rotary flux charger motor from witt's is the real deal, then those smaller capacitors should mean that the capacitor doesn't necessarily need to be so close.

The principle with the motor is nearly the same as the coil shorting motor by Ismael aviso, but using mechanical contacts instead of special transistors. Like John said in one video, putting the two same coils together changes the pattern of the magnetic flux, and so creates a very powerful flux field in a very small area, so with the right placement of the brushes, a coil shorting mechanism should be achievable. At any given time, there should only be a very short period that two connected commutator segments be hooked up. Pure mechanical is the easiest way to go but there will be some crazy sparks coming off it!

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    More strange occurrences

To All,
    Was testing different coils in case and noticed the slotted case has been magnetized(residual magnetism) on each half. Each side has it's own north and south. The case was slotted per the John Bedini video part 14. This was unexpected as I hoped each half would become north and south magnetized. The case reacted to the four pole coils that was wired in series for the generator side of this lockridge device.

The motor is powered by 12 vdc battery solar bank. At startup turns around 2500 rpm' s. With two of the four brushes connected to the power source. The generator side has three wires coming from brushes and coils. When the positive of generator is connected to the positive of motor the rpm's increase to 3200.

The output on the trifilar coil is 80 ~300 vdc. The current is low with this output.

Some progress and knowledge gained,
    wantomake

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    progress

Hope to renew this thread,
    Still experimenting with the Lockridge device. Have built the trifilar coil and capacitor around the case with spool to hold and protect them.
    The capacitor does affect the trifilar coil to my surprise. But the casing of the generator doesn't . There's some heat build-up as expected. There's no motor coils, the generator coils ,it seems causes the motor to turn.

Anybody has any thoughts here would be great.
    wantomake

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    lockridge device

Progress so far,
    Case is finished. Armature not re-wound yet. Brush holders being fabricated. Trying to get wiring from coils in good arrangement for easier testing . And space for the trifilar coil.

Any advice from this forum would be great. This is where this discussion and thought originated from. Others on another forum are very helpful and I do thank them for it. The more help and advise given on this device the less time, money and brain cells, will be used up.

Just a thought,
    wantomake

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Hello and still at it

Still having fun with lockridge device.

Have been working more and learning too. Thanks to mbrownn and hiwater over on another thread there has been some improvements.

The coils are the biggest challenge to get fitted inside small casing. Also the brushes and holders need much adjustments.

Was able to get 70 vdc output with 12 vdc input, which will power a small car lamp so far.

Just checking in,
    wantomake

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by wantomake View Post
    Hello members,

Have started working on the Lockridge device again after finding more parts and much better weather here in southeast.

As I posted on another thread; the work on the trifilar coil is interesting and challenging.

Any thoughts or ideas.

Anyone had any success with this project?

Good to be back,
    wantomake
    With much research and testing we have established the reasons for the locations of all the coils within the motor case and why the splits are in the sides of the case. Our problem was the presence of AC and DC occurring in the generator coil, but I think we have that sorted now.

We need to build it exactly as it is shown in the EFV 14 video

The armature configuration is not yet confirmed but our next tests will narrow the possibilities down. The most likely configuration is Wave wound with a slight modification that would literally take less than 5 minutes to do.

There are many possible reasons for the trifler coil, but as it was wound directly onto the motor case, it tells us that it does have a magnetic function.
    but to confirm this will require several tests. Its electrical function appears to be that of impedance matching, and there are several ways in which it could do this. To find out will again require testing all the possibilities in conjunction with the motor.

No we have not successfully reproduced the Lockridge yet, but we have made many advances in understanding how it works.

Although it resembles a motor, there is no conventional motor function. The generator is conventional in how it generates, but it is the generators geometry that provides the torque to make it spin. This is caused by the flux being forced to bend through an acute angle in the armature, and as the flux tries to straighten out, it causes the armature to turn. This geometry is provided by the splits in the side of the case and the location of the input field coils.

As the input is pulsed, it causes transformer actions to take place that result in an AC wave, but it is not a sine wave. This transformer action results in the AC wave appearing in the same coil as the DC generated output. The DC generated output, and the AC wave, are our two outputs created by a single input.

The BEMF is about 1/6th of what you would normally get because the powered field coils do not have any coils sweeping past them however there is BEMF in the armature and it is just as you would expect it to be. Normally with a motor under maximum load the BEMF would be half of the supply voltage with 5/6ths of this occurring in the field coils. Our field coils have no determinable BEMF. This means that 5/6ths of the of the input power is available to provide magnetic flux instead of half.

Half of the case and field coils have no function in generating but do work as a transformer providing AC.

This post is getting a bit long so I will stop here. You can read more on this thread Imhotep's Lab Interactive FAQ - View topic - The lockridge device

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Dust off that work bench

Hello members,

Have started working on the Lockridge device again after finding more parts and much better weather here in southeast.

As I posted on another thread; the work on the trifilar coil is interesting and challenging.

Any thoughts or ideas.

Anyone had any success with this project?

Good to be back,
    wantomake

Leave a comment:

Working...
X