X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO,

If you are ready for this crowd.

NINJA CONVERSION INTO ELECTRIC

it is only a FIVE MINUTE AND FIFTEEN SECONDS VIDEO (05:15)...and in that very small amount of time...this guy shows all the work He did, plus ALL the money he spent...Converting his Ninja Motor Bike into an Electric one...PLUS restoring it to a brand new look...sandblasted/painted frame from scratch...new suspension, new upholstery, new paint job, etc,etc.

Now, the point am getting at:

This Guy uses this Motor below (Shown at the end video all spec's and equipment utilized)...and yes, I already researched all this work..:

Motor AMD 6.7" #A00-4009 36-72VDC 6HP Single Shaft

See the cost?...over $850.00 Legal Tender Notes...and guess what?...it don't even have Permanent Magnet Stators!...but S1-S2 Input that means Stator 1, Stator 2 Connect...this is a Golf Cart and small utility vehicle Motor.

Saw the Spec's?

Fastest it would go is 2300 RPM's at 80 AMPS CONTINUOUS DRAW...

Don't You think this kind of "GO AND GET IT DONE" Guy would buy a 276.00 USD PM Imperial Kit...and rewind it in order to make drastic and radical improvement to that beautiful Bike?!

Don't You think He will buy Supercaps Cells plus Lithium Batteries and BMS...and the "Works"?

Of course He will...there is absolutely no doubt he will go for it...

And this type of Guys is what I need here....and You know how many Electrical Converting Guys Channels are... like this guy, in You Tube?...check them out my friend...thousands of thousands.

And, this is the "Audience" I need here...or elsewhere.

Regards

Ufopolitics
    There are two main Electric Vehicle forums:

Endless-sphere.com • Index page.
    And
    DIY Electric Car Forums - Electric Vehicle Build and Conversion Community

These two forums should cover the majority of the EV conversions members on YouTube.
    All the big timers are there also:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LvkV4iJrE
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CgAF0Dd10
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHrCaglYbo
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0TNk5gLbU
    All EV Clubs; Tesla, Porsche, VW, Drag racing,
    Lightening Motorcycle
    EV West
    Lawless
    Big Daddy @200mph
    Zero
    Electric vehicle magazines & congresses
    Me
    And a lot more...

All the money, builders and connections you could ever need are there... Sign in. Then, kick some asses & take names, my friend. You have a New Technology, they will all levitate to you,

Keep it Clean and Green
    Midaz
    Last edited by Midaztouch; 08-15-2014, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Supercaps and emotions

To Ufo and All,
      Thanks Ufo, I will check the ohms between commutator and shaft.

On the RS motor I've been testing different setups and it's interesting to me the technology in these super or ultra capacitors. I do like using LA batteries in testing but, see many applications for these supercaps.

Wow Midaz and Ufo those are great videos you posted and thanks. I feel I'm so far behind in this world of supercaps and what others are doing. In the process of studying this area and now see advantages for this Asymmetric motor/generator. Not sure about the discussion of balancing the charge/discharge of each cap. But I do plan to have different independent banks of caps to switch between as the Ufo motor operates. It may not be a self runner, which I've obsessed over for TOO many years, but will get many miles and amp hours way past anything we can imagine.

Sorry to be emotional about this and we must be, but I think we live now and are watching with this infant of next generation technology is in our own hands. I want to help it grow if I can...waa...waa..oh sorry my baby is in the shop crying for my attention.

Busy parent,
      wantomake
      PS: Waiting for more parts(tuesday) to continue this build.
      Last edited by wantomake; 08-16-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• @ Wantomake

Originally posted by wantomake View Post

Wow Midaz and Ufo those are great videos you posted and thanks. I feel I'm so far behind in this world of supercaps and what others are doing. In the process of studying this area and now see advantages for this Asymmetric motor/generator. Not sure about the discussion of balancing the charge/discharge of each cap. But I do plan to have different independent banks of caps to switch between as the Ufo motor operates. It may not be a self runner, which I've obsessed over for TOO many years, but will get many miles and amp hours way past anything we can imagine.

Sorry to be emotional about this and we must be, but I think we live now and are watching with this infant of next generation technology is in our own hands.
        wantomake

For me it's all about Overall System Performance (O.S.P)! I'm not here for Over Unity. If we get OU then we have been blessed. Every time OU is mentioned, it causes a major commotion and tempers run high.

I like that we have met and/or exceeded the off the shelf "Amp Monsters" motors in:
        1.) efficiency,
        2.) better than regenerative braking,
        3.) raises the voltage without needing cooling (within reason)

Just those 3 claims above, should be more than enough to get the attention from the EV World.

I believe that we have reached the point that we have grown to near our limits in this pot(energetic forum). Our roots need to spread or growth will be stunted.

What I've noticed is that the EV forums are going silent from the builders. Two things come into mind:

1.) The mid range builder$$$ are selling out for manufactured vehicles. The price is almost the same if the project is done properly. Also the resale value is terrible for home builders. From an investors prospective, it would be advantageous to buy an OEM EV from a dealer. Parts are simple to replace, reliability and overall headaches are reduced/piece of mind.

2.) Most people have "been there and done that" all ready! The excitement has dwindled. They are watching the big /don't worry about money crowd do insanely expensive projects.

The people on Energetic Forum are wayyyy more tech savvyyy and innovative than the off the shelf specs builders on the EV Forums. The creativity will come from this forum. And the excitement will come from the EV forums. Together we can shift from lab testing to real world testing builds. And possibly lead to manufacturing. UFO's machines can level the playing field and bring back the fun in home building.

The possibilities are endless

Keep it Clean and Green
        Midaz
        Last edited by Midaztouch; 08-17-2014, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
          To Ufo and All,
          Thanks Ufo, I will check the ohms between commutator and shaft.
          Hello Wantomake,

It is NOT between shaft (ground) and one wire what you have to check...BUT, between EACH Commutator Element of each Group that is grounded.

Why this difference?...because if you have zero resistance between both mating commutator elements, then every time brushes go through them...you are gonna be shorting your source.

So, it depends on what part of the whole Group of coils you ground one wire...or two, in which case if they are both grounds closer to end-beginning of Coils Group, it will give a zero or very below the other Groups resistance.

If you have anyone at zero resistance, then it is better to disconnect -at least one- from commutator elements.

It may not be a self runner, which I've obsessed over for TOO many years...
          You mean, you are obsessed trying to reach a self runner?...You know just by that way of thinking...you could be condemned to be burnt in the "Purifying" Fires from the Heavens??!!...

Don't worry about it...We will get there, I promise, and very soon...

A "Self Runner" contains everything within...it MUST BE OU, of course...but, even worst...it is the closest "thing" to a Motion Perpetual Machine (MPM)...This to become a reality could be leading to a World Crisis, a Caos...Skeptics will commit suicide by masses...plus the ones with Cardiac problems...rivers of tears...Oh no!!...I can see it!!

Simplifying this in real terms...We need a VERY LOW consuming Prime Mover (and if the Prime Mover could send back to source the "unused energy, even better...)...as well as a Zero Drag effects from Lenz Law...as that it outputs MUCH MORE Energy than Prime Mover...

Actually, you know on this specific Forum...We have all the Ingredients to make such devices...and now with the great Theories and many proven facts about the reality on Magnetic Fields Vortexes, and Dielectric Fields by Theoria Apophasis...We are on ball bearings here, my friend!!

It is just a matter of time...to come up with a "Resumee" and make a Build, from all Theory, Open Source and Old patents exposed here...I can see it coming very soon...

Sorry to be emotional about this and we must be, but I think we live now and are watching with this infant of next generation technology is in our own hands. I want to help it grow if I can...waa...waa..oh sorry my baby is in the shop crying for my attention.

Busy parent,
          wantomake
          It is ok to be emotional...We are all humans here...Positive emotions are a required spice in order to reach success, my friend...

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-17-2014, 04:10 PM.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Trying to do a Miniature Imperial-Mecce-Alte setup

using my unipolar GM window motor and random AC induction motors trying to convert them to run in a generator mode. Had a little 1/40th HP motor I could not get to run over 50v, with little power strength. Got another 1/8 hp going crazy just finding caps laying around to run tests, but got it up to about 70v once, but my unipolar was topped out on 24v even. That link on the conversion, the guy is pretty clear that I just need to get the cap values high. I used his electro cap hookup recommendation to substitute for run caps to double up the MFs. Its the same manufacturer and similar design as the 1/40 HP motor, though, and it just did not behave well as a AC generator. But the last motor available at my motor goldmine is very similar to the first but at least 1/20th HP so maybe thats just the ticket for it to work. There is a smaller 220-240v motor (2 settings?) would seem to have less rotational mass, I think it was saying 1hp, but much smaller than normal 1 HP motors. Had extra sets of wires though.

Question for Ufo: Can you give me a point to your video where you made the connecting shaft between the Imperial and the Mecce-Alta generator? Or did you buy it somewhere? can't recall... As you may remember my back burner baldor has a 3KW Mecce-Alta companion.

I want to build a new rotor for my quad Pentagon GM motor first, and use a bifilar winding. To get the right resistance I calculate I need 2 strands of 32ga wire for that. I want to see how a multifilar works. Planned out a 30ga quad-filar for the Baldor...
            Last edited by sampojo; 08-20-2014, 01:24 PM.
            Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Sampojo

We all used a shaft two part clamp. Not a universal as too much movement. Just a two halves connector and four bolts. You can get them on ebay with different sizes ends.

Dana
              "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
              Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Dana, My Mecce Alte generator

does not have a shaft protruding but rather a hole to accept the standard shaft from a gas engine I think. I remember Ufo holding the component he made or bought to adapt this style of gen head.

Am I off-base?

thanks
                Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Mecc Alte Shaft...

Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                  does not have a shaft protruding but rather a hole to accept the standard shaft from a gas engine I think. I remember Ufo holding the component he made or bought to adapt this style of gen head.

Am I off-base?

thanks
                  Hello Sampojo,

You are right friend, below is the video where I made the shaft...

MECC ALTE SYMMETRIC GENERATOR HEAD ADAPT

However, after all this work I believe Machine Alive found out they sell a 'Front Mount Head Kit'...that includes the whole thing, including a new face plate...

It is written somewhere here...back when We were doing this tests...a good hint is to look up for the dates on video(s), then search here by those dates posts.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Oh, I see what you have now. I found a broken generator at a rental place and cut the back end of the engine out where that shaft runs thru, it has the bearing and all in it and just bolted the shaft in the motor and mounted the cut out plate with bearing onto the fixture. It worked well also.
                    Dana
                    "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Imperial Ufo Rotor Kit arrived...

Hello Guys,

For all the Imperial Owners, interested in building the All North set up...the UFO ROTOR KIT Commutators arrived by now (they were on back order as I previously posted)...and I've got mines as well as a brand new shaft-rotor...as shown below...

[IMG][/IMG]

Note:

1-Commutators come with the "pre-winded" wiring for the Symmetrical design...and it must be removed before assembling/pressing it onto shaft.
                      2-Do not expect that Commutators will slide in easily by just sanding it with a 400 grit paper...they need to be worked on, but shaft comes already with the splines built in on both ends...thanks that this rotor have a cooling fan at back end...grreat.

@Dana (Prochiro) call Dyann...but please, don't you dare to tell her I told you that commutators arrived...

So, Guys...let's Rock and Roll!!

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• UFO

I'm glad you got your new UFO Kit! You must have felt like a kid on Christmas morning! September looks to be an exciting month!

Close up pics of the commutators with wiring would be nice. Why are they using wiring on the comms now?

Let the GAMES begin!

Keep it Clean and Green
                        Midaz

Comment

• Eyes on the sky

UFO,
                          That's a great looking machine!!

Hope the next flying saucer I see is yours. Been chasing ufos for long time now and this one is about to move away.

Do want to buy one in near future, but need to finish this old delco first.

My eyes on the sky and hands on the work bench,
                          wantomake

Comment

• Uh-oh Ufo got a new ufo motor!

How did Ray Bradbury put it "Something wicked this way comes..."

Ufo, thanks for the info on the gen head, time to go diving & digging.... Need that kit!!!

I've been trying to get an induction motor to work as generator on a smaller scale to test some unipolar winding asym motor output. I could not get much out of a 1/40hp motor, lose its power of about 40v without getting to its suposed 110v rpm as a motor. my little GM unipolar asym motor drove a 1/8 hp motor up to about 70v once, but seems a little short on power. That little motor is a worker though. Can't figure out how much caps to use or if I have enough on hand for what it needs. When you overdrive them or overload them, they lose the magnetic fields and just drop off line. A lot of people on youtube are putting magnets into AC induction motor rotor. Not sure if they generate variable AC voltage, or whether they are now DC alternators. I'd like to get about a couple-three amps at 110v out of the generator.

Ufo, do you know if its still an AC generator when you drop neo's into an induction motor rotor?

PS, just picked up a nice 1/20 hp Imotor, see how that works...
                            Last edited by sampojo; 08-24-2014, 05:54 AM.
                            Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Induction Motors to Generators...

Originally posted by sampojo View Post
                              How did Ray Bradbury put it "Something wicked this way comes..."

Ufo, thanks for the info on the gen head, time to go diving & digging.... Need that kit!!!

I've been trying to get an induction motor to work as generator on a smaller scale to test some unipolar winding asym motor output. I could not get much out of a 1/40hp motor, lose its power of about 40v without getting to its suposed 110v rpm as a motor. my little GM unipolar asym motor drove a 1/8 hp motor up to about 70v once, but seems a little short on power. That little motor is a worker though. Can't figure out how much caps to use or if I have enough on hand for what it needs. When you overdrive them or overload them, they lose the magnetic fields and just drop off line. A lot of people on youtube are putting magnets into AC induction motor rotor. Not sure if they generate variable AC voltage, or whether they are now DC alternators. I'd like to get about a couple-three amps at 110v out of the generator.

Hello Sam,

The success of an Induction Motor converted into Generator depends basically on the Steel Rotor magnetic Reminiscence, but not only that attribute,...but how magnetic polarity is 'distributed' related to the existing windings in what would be now the "Induced Fields".

Normally the magnetic reminiscence is not strong enough to stand higher loads at higher RPM's...then it drops down.

In a typical Generator Head the magnetic reminiscence is just used as a STARTER low power induction TRANSFER, to PRIME the "Network" between spinning Stator Fields and Static Exciter Fields through a running Capacitor. After a few minutes of running time, the Exciters become stronger and keep gaining magnetic strength to stand higher loads, then magnetic reminiscence is NOT needed anymore.

Unfortunately, You do not have those "evolving" Exciting Circuits on a typical Induction Motor, so it is just dependable upon magnetic residual that it is NOT getting stronger, but weaker as you load it.

You could add magnets at Rotor, but first You have to count how many poles comprehend each overlapped coil, to know the Arc Size (Width) of the magnets you will need, the height is given by the rotor vertical measure. This arc value is essential to see how many magnets rotor could take, Two or Four...Four Magnets require less speed than Two Rotary Stators as magnets.

Some Induction Motors (1 Phase) have many coil layers as they are different speeds, and they are distributed differently at poles wrapping...so make sure to identify which is which...and where is the start and end of each speed (hot and neutral wires).

Ufo, do you know if its still an AC generator when you drop neo's into an induction motor rotor?

PS, just picked up a nice 1/20 hp Imotor, see how that works...
                              If you set at rotor Two Norths...or Two South separated at 180º...then you would have DC.

If you set a North and a South at each end (180º) then it would be AC.

Still, my friend...we are all dealing here with "Toxic" Generators given they are ALL, based on Symmetrical Induction...face to face, mirrored B Fields...Encountering Frontal and opposed Vectors of the Inducer/Exciters and Induced Fields...so, even if you get a "State of the Art" Brushless Meccalte Generator...when it is time to disburse power to a High Load...they get stiff...very hard to turn, requiring-demanding super strong power from prime mover...this the "Game" we are all have been playing here for the last 130 plus years.

I have been working on this for a while now...I found exactly where is the "essence" of this "details" that would allow Us all to UNDERSTAND first...then to design better generators, but I would have to go back to my Faraday Thread...to explain that...then open a new thread where We will be constructing this completely different designed Machines.

It would be soon...stay tuned.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• decades of working on your assym motors and you still cant close the loop? what will be your excuse when the all north setup doesnt work? are you going to reimburse everyone for their time after crying to people to rewind their motors to your new specs over n over? why dont you finish a motor n have it third party validated THEN CRY

Comment

Working...
                                X