My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Hitby13kw
    Morphus code is more exact as well as output control, but I would use my code at first for this reason. My code does come the closest to 100% duty and we want to see absolute top end function. Like UFO said, we can get fancy later. I think that maybe you have seen it already but when at a frequency of between 30 and 32, you can get the highest duty period. So when doing full out be at 30 Hertz.
    OK you dog, you still are not talking about your board and how or where it came to exist. Your not going to get away with it.....
    Dana
    "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• @Hitby13kw
      After a closer look at your board, I see that you have cooling on only one side of the fets as per traditional method. JS suggested that both sides of these fets should have a heat sink as the way of there design and function to stay cool, comes from internal structure adding heat surface to the front also. You should not have a problem there but I would have a fan at the ready. My new design for cooling is all fets in a row with aluminum along both sides and an aluminum tube at the top to blow fan air through. Have not built it yet because as yet have not needed it.
      Dana
      "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
        (does it run even better when pulsed with two different frequencies?).
        Dana
        Hi All,

All the contributors are doing some great work and it is much appreciated!

Full steam ahead this weekend!

Prochiro, this came to mind related to pulsing with 2 different frequencies!
        Bob Boyce did some work related to HHO cells and mixing 3 frequencies.

This may be of some help:
        TRIPLE FREQUENCY GENERATOR IC for HHO HYDROGEN CELL

IndianaBoys

Comment

• @Cornboy, We all have our own unique skills - Appreciate the nice words about the board, it’s just a reworking of Sir John’s design so we both need to thank him. You may want to hold any enthusiasm until after the pending test (in case we need any changes) but other than that you may be on the short list of folks I’ll make a board for because I want to see the MAG3 alive as much as you do, It would be an honor to have my board be part of your project.

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
          With every thing i have to do i'm sure i will end up begging one of you guy's to just set me one up and ship it to me, for a profit of course.
          Perhaps this could be the dawning of a new chapter for me; UFO PC boards populated & tested Imperials retrofitted complete systems

must meditate on this

Regards

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Originally posted by sampojo View Post
            So Ufo, I was checking N. Tesla Patent 390414, and I couldn't find the dwg of the motor with the double commutators on patent copies available online.

Is there another source for this dwg?

Making headway on by 4-stator machine. Did the ceramic magnet cuts on my Home Depot diamond blade water cooled ceramic saw that you reminded me that I even owned one. End result not another nickel spent. I like that. So here it is with the magnets on the rotor.

Notice how I have no space between the magnets. I notice how the imperial has spacing and all your stators in your drawings have spacing between the magnets. I plan to anchor the magnets with clamps on slots I have made at the end of each magnet, so I don't need spacing to hold them in place

I thought that I would have more magnet this way, and the more magnet the better. Ufo, is this a good idea for a motor design?

Just wanted to share a good book I thought all readers of this forum would enjoy, as I know it impossible to build assymetric motors every waking minute of the day

The Hunt for Zero Point Energy by Nick Cook, published 2000. I bought it used from an Amazon partner hard back for $7! This guy is an editor at Jane's Defense Weekly, one of worlds best aviation, space and military technology magazines. The book reads like one of the most intriguing sci-fi whodunnit villain thillers novels, but as usual truth is stranger than fiction. And we all kinda know story line here on this forum, and its all sad but true, and still rates way up there on the eye-opener rating even for us bleery-eyed web-thread-heads. But of course as a published footnoted documented non-fiction book by a prominent technical journalist of outstanding reputation in the real world, way easier to verify what is true...

sampojo, That patent drawing is from this patent- Patent US390721 - BEST AVAILABLE COP - Google Patents

Read the claims at the end of the patent.

Cheers

Comment

• Day Job.

Hello UFO, and all,

@ Hitby, can't wait for you and DANA, to test the imperial's, it's not a race guys, (or is it?) . I would love to be on your short list as it would save me so much precious time Hitby.

@ DANA, it's amazing how you can read all posts as they happen, and still miss things. i didn't pick up John Stones comment about cooling on both sides of Fets - Thanks.

PS. don't give up your day job just yet, Hitby, we are a small community here at the moment!

Warmest regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                OK you dog, you still are not talking about your board and how or where it came to exist. Your not going to get away with it..... Dana

@Dana, To hear it described by someone not versed it the art (my wife) it’s all Voodoo Witchcraft.
                After sitting in a dark room with my PC prostrated before me for weeks at a time mumbling strange incantations in an indecipherable language to myself for hours on end only to finally shout “the Gerber file is complete” So she thinks ‘All is right in the world now’ only to find I have now contacted one of the many circuit board houses and am burning little green images of men in a group chat with them, then much to her surprise things materialize in the mail box . . . . .

Thanks for the guidance - your code it is . . . will be watching the temp . . .

Hitby13kw

Comment

• You Tube is "ENFORCING" Google AddSense...

Hello to All,

I received this letter from YT...Specifically from the "Google AdSense Team"...
                  And the thing is, I did not wanted to show ANY propaganda, any "Commercials Crap" , ANY Advertisement of any kind...built within My Videos...the "You can Skip this Add in 3, 2,1...seconds, Sh*t-as you may have realized- I do not have it...

But Now...I got this...(I outlined and bold out the "interesting" words...):

Hi,

As you may know, we recently updated our AdSense Terms and Conditions to make sure they're up to date and in line with other Google product policies.

We noticed that you haven't accepted the new Terms yet. When logging in to your account, you’ll see a notification that presents you with the updated Terms and prompts you to accept them. You’ll be able to skip this notification until May 23. After this date, one of your account administrators must accept the updated Terms in order for you to access your account and use the AdSense product.

Please be sure to review our new Terms and Conditions as a whole and accept them by May 23
                  to continue seamless access to your account.
                  We look forward to your continued participation in the AdSense program.

Sincerely,
                  The Google AdSense Team

So, this is like "Accept Our Terms...or say Bye Bye to Your Channel..."

Maybe, I am wrong interpreting this...so I will go over "Terms and Conditions"

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• @UFO & all,

From the first days that I used google I knew there was a hidden agenda behind their operation. Now this is something you should all use as a mantra:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH!

I don't want to go on too much but we must use what is offered as "free" on the internet but must have alternate means of communication.

Long term all these "free" services are provided to ensnare us.

Pardon the non topic post.

Comment

• johnny

hi to all i would like to add a link to all my pictures of my 16 poll motors hope they will help those just starting out and have as much fun as i am having.
                      You Need 4 Motors 2 My1025 And 2 My 1020 And New 12 Mm Shaft And 2 12 Mm Brass Bushes Photo by laserjohnny1 | Photobucket

Comment

• Too Much Fun.

Originally posted by laserjo View Post
                        hi to all i would like to add a link to all my pictures of my 16 poll motors hope they will help those just starting out and have as much fun as i am having.
                        You Need 4 Motors 2 My1025 And 2 My 1020 And New 12 Mm Shaft And 2 12 Mm Brass Bushes Photo by laserjohnny1 | Photobucket

Wow Laserjo, looks like you have been having fun for a long time now, have you had any great results to share?.

Best Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Short version – I struck out – your up Dana

Only had two things to do today and neither one went well – Mow and play with motor . . . . started to mow the yard and the belt on the rider kept jumping off – stop, put it back on start up again, it might last five feet of five minutes then it would jump off again – finished around the house, started on the field – after about the 29th time I thought “enough of this”, it’s time to play (the wife never looks at the field anyway)

Aside from the fact that it’s way to HOT outside, 95+F (that may have something to do with the results) got a bit of testing done before having to scurry back inside to cool off and analyze what happened.

All testing was done with one 12V SLAB, the positive side of the batteries was tied to the positive of Imperial gates 1,8,15,22 the negative of each motor gate was tied to the positive of a Monster FET switch, the negative of each FET switch was tied to the 12V battery negative. Motor gates 1,8,15,22 were being pulsed by Arduino outputs 3,10,6,11 respectively. Started at the lowest freq & narrowest pulse, you could hear the Imperial, raised pulse width and the motor started to turn, at full duty RPM was 500+

Was watching the temperature on all four switches, they were just a few degrees above ambient (until gate 1 would not fully shut off, temp rose 10 degrees before shutting it down)
                          – will be dissecting the Monster FET – more data to follow . . . Maybe it just wasn’t my day - will entertain ideas about the rider or the FETS . . .

Hitby13kw

Comment

• Better Days.

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post
                            Only had two things to do today and neither one went well – Mow and play with motor . . . . started to mow the yard and the belt on the rider kept jumping off – stop, put it back on start up again, it might last five feet of five minutes then it would jump off again – finished around the house, started on the field – after about the 29th time I thought “enough of this”, it’s time to play (the wife never looks at the field anyway)

Aside from the fact that it’s way to HOT outside, 95+F (that may have something to do with the results) got a bit of testing done before having to scurry back inside to cool off and analyze what happened.

All testing was done with one 12V SLAB, the positive side of the batteries was tied to the positive of Imperial gates 1,8,15,22 the negative of each motor gate was tied to the positive of a Monster FET switch, the negative of each FET switch was tied to the 12V battery negative. Motor gates 1,8,15,22 were being pulsed by Arduino outputs 3,10,6,11 respectively. Started at the lowest freq & narrowest pulse, you could hear the Imperial, raised pulse width and the motor started to turn, at full duty RPM was 500+

Was watching the temperature on all four switches, they were just a few degrees above ambient (until gate 1 would not fully shut off, temp rose 10 degrees before shutting it down)
                            – will be dissecting the Monster FET – more data to follow . . . Maybe it just wasn’t my day - will entertain ideas about the rider or the FETS . . .

Hitby13kw

Hello Hitby, sorry to hear of your problems, may tomorrow be much better.

With the ride-on mower, you could check that all idler pulleys spin free and are not seizing up, make sure that tensioner pulley is free to tension the belt, check that the cutter spindle bearings are not starting to seize, and also that if the belt is kevlar, that the cording isn't twisted and deformed causing it to pop off under load. also if your cutting conditions are lush at the moment, make sure under the deck is not clogged with build up.

All or any of these few things can cause a cutter belt to come off, and the same with a tranny belt, except for the grass build up of course.

The Fet i wouldn't have a clue, but it has happned to me several times, i assume it is to do with feed back to the Gate, damaging it.

What Fets did you use, are they genuine or chinese?. Not saying there's any thing wrong with Chinese Fets, just curious.

Better Days ahead friend, Cornboy.

Comment

• RPM's...

Originally posted by Hitby13kw View Post

Hitby13kw

Hello Hitby13kw,

Sorry about your problems with the Lawnmower...don't worry, when we make them fully electric...there will not be any pulleys or belts jumping off...

About the set up...what I am still concerned...is not about your controllers/pulsers/Arduino...but, actually about the timing set at your Imperial.

As you know, getting a simple four switch set, one per Gate...and feeding Motor linear/straight from batteries...is a simple way to verify, if there is, or not, something wrong with the control side...or with the Motor itself.

You said you used 12V battery...and I figure is some like an automotive or golf cart set...that will have pretty good amperage...even though Motor will draw around 20 Amps linearly feeding all four gates...

I see above your RPM's are still too low.

I will show below the video I made on 12V Battery...(Actually around 13, after charged up, battery is a 35 Ah...Werker Mid size, (that is for the Scooter I have , takes two.) You may have not seen it...I posted this video a while back.

IMPERIAL_RPMS_TEST_12V - YouTube

With all Four Gates on... I reach over 1700 RPM's...with just one Gate (P1) it is reaching 1400...

I believe your trouble is simple...and it should be a matter of timing set...
                              Just curious...what is your resistance per Pair?...I believe is low, according to latest pic's I saw of your rotor...wire is pretty nice gauge, green-gold...I remember...and not as many turns...

Let me know and we will go over this again, no problems Hitby, we will get it much faster!

Regards

Ufopolitics
                              Last edited by Ufopolitics; 05-19-2013, 05:42 AM.
                              Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Went to bed a beaten man, but the sun is out this morning - we have checked my rider, all pulleys do spin free (Thanks for the tip Cornboy) but the belt is a bit frayed (its over 10 years old) starting my search for a replacement belt – actually would like to get a Lowes raven http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6UtGkZEfrc this is close to the electric we will make UFO - it should be an easy retrofit.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                                about your problems with the Lawnmower...don't worry, when we make them fully electric...there will not be any pulleys or belts jumping off...

I see above your RPM's are still too low.
                                IMPERIAL_RPMS_TEST_12V - YouTube

With all Four Gates on... I reach over 1700 RPM's...with just one Gate (P1) it is reaching 1400...

I believe your trouble is simple...and it should be a matter of timing set...
                                Just curious...what is your resistance per Pair?...I believe is low, according to latest pic's I saw of your rotor...wire is pretty nice gauge, green-gold...I remember...and not as many turns...

Let me know and we will go over this again, no problems Hitby, we will get it much faster!

Regards

Ufopolitics
                                As to my RPM it did seem a bit low but after watching your video (Thanks again for relisting it) the major difference between our setups is my lovejoy couplings to the generator were still connected when the test was made (will put that on my to-do list) . . . Our resistance per pair is about one ohm.

Thanks for the continued help & support.

Namaste

Hitby13kw

Comment

Working...
                                X