Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nutgone View Post
    Agreed, but they could make a very handy trimming device, when combined with some other HV caps, to get the coil(s) tuned just right.

    I suppose it may also be possible to dismantle it & add your own dielectric spacers??? (or am I still barking up the wrong tree??)

    Anyway, it's food for thought.

    I've recently come by some very thin sheet aluminium, but it needs some cleaning, polishing & straightening (came out of a rubbish dump).
    I'm having so much trouble getting hold of cheap (FREE) HV caps I may just have to make my own!

    I've also put a wanted ad out in my local Freegle Group for microwaves, & I will probably ask my local dump if they will let me have a few (which is doubtful, rubbish dumps here are notorious for wanting cash for every little thing & are very heavy on "health & safety).

    I took apart a TV recently, a quite modern one. I was very disappointed with the bits on offer. The flyback was tiny! & the caps were pitiful! What a waste of time! Honestly, it was not really worth the bother.

    It's only HV caps & my new RCL meter (on it's way from Hong Kong) that are holding me up now, once I have them I can really start to get going!
    hi nutgone,

    hard disk platter capacitors are easy to make. they offer more surface area and can be used in multiple plate combinations and one can use transparent plastic as insulating material between plates. add resistor in series with cap to reduce sparking between plates.

    thanks and regards

    dunfasto
    Last edited by dunfasto; 06-21-2012, 04:12 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
      radiant energy

      1. it lights higher resistance wattage bulbs more easily.
      2. lower resistance bulbs dont light.
      3. cannot be measured with digital multimeters(DMM)
      4. to measure it use analog ammeter of 50micro ampere in series with 1kohm resistance then your ammeter becomes 50mili ampere meter. same one can do with voltmeter also.
      5. radiant energy is maximum at the centre of coil of a bifilar wound coil.
      7. back emf is radiant energy.
      8. its completely opposite of the electricity we have in our wall outlet grid power.
      9. shows completely reverse effects that are shown by wall outlet electricity.

      thanks and regards

      dunfasto
      Hi Dunfasto,

      I disagree with your number 7.

      Back-EMF is due merely to linear component reactivity and happens in most electrical circuits all of the time.
      The initial charge is via an electrical excitation of electrons, and the disconnect or conduction phase change leads to a re-release of that charge in a time scale related to the value of the components.

      Back-EMF does not (cannot) become Radiant (photonic) until after discharge conversion has induced a spark and/or a non-linear electron energy level quanta change within matter.

      So a Back-EMF can induce the emission of Radiant Energy, but of itself is not Radiant, and the photonic energy released is not greater than the total electrical energy discharged, though by having a much higher frequency - it is momentarily more intense.

      Also, regarding point number 5; are you thinking of an intensity of electromagnetically induced field ?

      Radiant Energy is that which has become, or been made to be, released from the energised electron encapsulating matter which photonically generated it ?

      Additionally, regarding numbers 8 an 9.

      Radiant Energy is not electricity, and although the radiating photons can remotely charge (transducing) electrons in nearby or distant electric matter, the Radiated Energy simply cannot be compared with conventional electricital activity within electric circuits.
      Photons radiate freely through space without resistance until they encounter an electron related to matter, whilst electricity relates to electron activities within the resistivity of matter.

      Cheers ............. Graham.
      Last edited by GSM; 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM.

      Comment


      • Microwave Oven; Useful bits?

        OK, I've got myself a microwave, I know the capacitor(s) are useful, & the diodes are supposed to be pretty high powered, is there any other useful bits I should take off it before I throw the rest away???

        I've already got my own, home made, high voltage coil, with 4000 turns of 0.315mm (that's 30SWG or 28AWG) magnet wire on a 50mm dia 110mm long acrylic tube (IMO much better than relying on NSTs & old TV flybacks, & not as hard to build as I thought it would be), so I doubt a microwave oven transformer will be of much use to me, although I may well keep it anyway.

        So, any other bits to look out for?

        This could be the first of a few working microwaves coming my way, so I'm hoping to build up a bit of a stock of useful HV components, although I can actually buy M/O caps on eBay for around 6 each, I would rather keep costs down wherever possible.

        Also, do the bleed resistors really need removing?
        I don't mind doing the job, but I've always wondered just how necessary it is for these devices?

        Thanks in advance for your guidance on this.

        Comment


        • I Nutgone
          Apart the cap and diode
          i suggest you keep out the MOT anyway
          than the fan motor because the coil is very highly winded always usefull
          the other small motor for the rotating plate
          the griil heater (for some experiment where you need heating resistor)
          the magnetron because it contains 2 big torroid magnets
          eventually some interesting relais and torroid filters and big white resistors.

          I have never put the bleeder out of the cap, and my experiments work well and safe

          hope this helps

          Laurent

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GSM View Post
            Hi Dunfasto,

            I disagree with your number 7.

            Back-EMF is due merely to linear component reactivity and happens in most electrical circuits all of the time.
            The initial charge is via an electrical excitation of electrons, and the disconnect or conduction phase change leads to a re-release of that charge in a time scale related to the value of the components.

            Back-EMF does not (cannot) become Radiant (photonic) until after discharge conversion has induced a spark and/or a non-linear electron energy level quanta change within matter.

            So a Back-EMF can induce the emission of Radiant Energy, but of itself is not Radiant, and the photonic energy released is not greater than the total electrical energy discharged, though by having a much higher frequency - it is momentarily more intense.

            Also, regarding point number 5; are you thinking of an intensity of electromagnetically induced field ?

            Radiant Energy is that which has become, or been made to be, released from the energised electron encapsulating matter which photonically generated it ?

            Additionally, regarding numbers 8 an 9.

            Radiant Energy is not electricity, and although the radiating photons can remotely charge (transducing) electrons in nearby or distant electric matter, the Radiated Energy simply cannot be compared with conventional electricital activity within electric circuits.
            Photons radiate freely through space without resistance until they encounter an electron related to matter, whilst electricity relates to electron activities within the resistivity of matter.

            Cheers ............. Graham.
            hi gsm,

            radiant does not mean spark and does not mean photonic. its the energy of nature that tries to keep the balance. its inherent and always hiding and comes into effect whenever there is an action that tries to change the nature equilibrium of charges/magnetic fields.

            and yes back emf is an answer of nature to change and pacify the action thats taking place. its always opposite to the electric or magnetic field.

            we work against nature thats why we spend energy to overcome the resistance to the change. we dont try to work with nature. thats why we spend useless energy to counteract the ambient and foolishly waste precious energy and resources.

            thanks and regards

            dunfasto

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
              hi gsm,

              radiant does not mean spark and does not mean photonic. its the energy of nature that tries to keep the balance. its inherent and always hiding and comes into effect whenever there is an action that tries to change the nature equilibrium of charges/magnetic fields.

              and yes back emf is an answer of nature to change and pacify the action thats taking place. its always opposite to the electric or magnetic field.

              we work against nature thats why we spend energy to overcome the resistance to the change. we dont try to work with nature. thats why we spend useless energy to counteract the ambient and foolishly waste precious energy and resources.

              thanks and regards

              dunfasto
              Hi dunfasto.

              Did I say that Radio Energy means spark ?
              Or did I write that a spark can cause the sudden change in charged electron energy which releases photons = Radiant Energy ?

              Here is a copy/paste from the Wikipedia page on Radiant Energy -

              "Because electromagnetic (EM) radiation can be conceptualized as a stream of photons, radiant energy can be viewed as the energy carried by these photons."

              Cheers ......... Graham.

              Comment


              • Super Caps

                Hi guys,

                over at the earth light thread they posted these links which explain how to cheaply create your own super caps.
                maybe its useful to some...

                Print your own Supercaps
                Print your own Supercaps - Hack a Day

                Making graphene supercapacitors with a DVD writer
                Making graphene supercapacitors with a DVD writer - YouTube

                little more:
                Graphite oxide + water + laser = breakthrough. - YouTube

                another cheap method:
                High voltage bottle capacitors

                Cheers,

                Prato
                Last edited by prato_braun; 06-21-2012, 02:49 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by woopy View Post
                  I Nutgone
                  Apart the cap and diode
                  i suggest you keep out the MOT anyway
                  than the fan motor because the coil is very highly winded always usefull
                  the other small motor for the rotating plate
                  the griil heater (for some experiment where you need heating resistor)
                  the magnetron because it contains 2 big torroid magnets
                  eventually some interesting relais and torroid filters and big white resistors.

                  I have never put the bleeder out of the cap, and my experiments work well and safe

                  hope this helps

                  Laurent
                  Many thanks Mr Woopy

                  Merci beacoup monsieur Woopy



                  P.S. Always love to see your experiments ( ) & I have to respect that accent!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GSM View Post
                    Hi dunfasto.

                    Did I say that Radio Energy means spark ?
                    Or did I write that a spark can cause the sudden change in charged electron energy which releases photons = Radiant Energy ?

                    Here is a copy/paste from the Wikipedia page on Radiant Energy -

                    "Because electromagnetic (EM) radiation can be conceptualized as a stream of photons, radiant energy can be viewed as the energy carried by these photons."

                    Cheers ......... Graham.
                    Hi gsm,

                    radiant energy is not photons its ions.

                    but you wont find it written in wikipedia.

                    if one knows how to use these ions one can have free energy.

                    thanks and regards

                    dunfasto

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
                      Hi gsm,

                      radiant energy is not photons its ions.

                      but you wont find it written in wikipedia.

                      if one knows how to use these ions one can have free energy.

                      thanks and regards

                      dunfasto
                      Then why is it in ions, can you explain?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scratchrobot View Post
                        Then why is it in ions, can you explain?
                        hi scratchrobot,

                        when we have electrostatic resonance like in a tesla coil the air gets ionized and what we observe the lighting effects is due to ions combining negatives with the positive ions and thus producing lighting effects.

                        the earth and air contain both positive and negative ions. if we collect these ions we can light bulbs by combing them but would just be radiant lights. they are very bright but remain cool.

                        when tesla resonance happens then the air gets highly ionized and so is the ground earth.

                        these ions help in getting batteries remain charged. but we cant do away with batteries.
                        we have to find a way to use these ions to produce amperes.

                        like in a AA size battery we have electrolyte paste that reacts with graphite rod and zinc to produce volts and amps same is the case with lead acid batteries where we have acid h2so4 that acts as electrolyte and work with lead to produce amps and volts. they work through ions moving between electrodes.

                        we have ions we only need electrodes to produce amps.

                        i dont know how this is done. but this has to be done to get free energy.

                        thanks and regards

                        dunfasto
                        Last edited by dunfasto; 06-22-2012, 03:05 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
                          hi scratchrobot,

                          i dont know how this is done. but this has to be done to get free energy.

                          thanks and regards

                          dunfasto

                          Hi Dunfasto!

                          Do it the way as kapanadze does. he mix the ions with the oscillator circuit. with dquing diode and another diode in earth ground.

                          The dequeing diode prevents current from flowing "backwards" whenever
                          the tank capacitor voltage exceeds the storage capacitor voltage. When
                          the gap fires, current builds in the charging inductor. When the gap
                          switches off, the charging inductor now passes the charging current into
                          the tank cap. The charging inductor then "rings" with the tank cap, but
                          only for a half cycle since the dequeing diode blocks reverse current
                          flow. The inductive energy initially stored within the charging inductor
                          provides an additional "kick", and the tank cap ends up being charged to
                          nearly twice the DC supply voltage.

                          the flyback already contains dequing diode. in case of nst dequing diodes can be arranged like Don smith nst diodes.

                          kapanadze earths the top hv of tesla coil and the base is guided through the tube to the top end. thats why kapanadze wire comes from the tesla coil tube in front exit. this creates maximum ionization and the amp producing part of tesla coil that is half base is used as output. a diode is attached in ground terminal which suck in charges and produce more amps as output. resonance just synchronises faster pumping. ground provides everything.

                          simulation help

                          Online Electronic Circuit Simulator


                          full regards

                          XILO
                          xero input lifetime output
                          Last edited by xilo; 06-22-2012, 07:36 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by xilo View Post
                            Hi Dunfasto!

                            Do it the way as kapanadze does. he mix the ions with the oscillator circuit. with dquing diode and another diode in earth ground.

                            The dequeing diode prevents current from flowing "backwards" whenever
                            the tank capacitor voltage exceeds the storage capacitor voltage. When
                            the gap fires, current builds in the charging inductor. When the gap
                            switches off, the charging inductor now passes the charging current into
                            the tank cap. The charging inductor then "rings" with the tank cap, but
                            only for a half cycle since the dequeing diode blocks reverse current
                            flow. The inductive energy initially stored within the charging inductor
                            provides an additional "kick", and the tank cap ends up being charged to
                            nearly twice the DC supply voltage.

                            the flyback already contains dequing diode. in case of nst dequing diodes can be arranged like Don smith nst diodes.

                            kapanadze earths the top hv of tesla coil and the base is guided through the tube to the top end. thats why kapanadze wire comes from the tesla coil tube in front exit. this creates maximum ionization and the amp producing part of tesla coil that is half base is used as output. a diode is attached in ground terminal which suck in charges and produce more amps as output. resonance just synchronises faster pumping. ground provides everything.




                            full regards

                            XILO
                            xero input lifetime output
                            Hello,
                            Very nice explanation. can you please make a circuit so we could get better your explanation.

                            Kind Regards,
                            D.J

                            Comment


                            • Runaway breakdown and electrical discharges in thunderstorms

                              Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
                              hi scratchrobot,

                              when we have electrostatic resonance like in a tesla coil the air gets ionized and what we observe the lighting effects is due to ions combining negatives with the positive ions and thus producing lighting effects.

                              the earth and air contain both positive and negative ions. if we collect these ions we can light bulbs by combing them but would just be radiant lights. they are very bright but remain cool.

                              when tesla resonance happens then the air gets highly ionized and so is the ground earth.

                              these ions help in getting batteries remain charged. but we cant do away with batteries.
                              we have to find a way to use these ions to produce amperes.

                              like in a AA size battery we have electrolyte paste that reacts with graphite rod and zinc to produce volts and amps same is the case with lead acid batteries where we have acid h2so4 that acts as electrolyte and work with lead to produce amps and volts. they work through ions moving between electrodes.

                              we have ions we only need electrodes to produce amps.

                              i dont know how this is done. but this has to be done to get free energy.

                              thanks and regards

                              dunfasto

                              @ dunfasto @scratchrobot

                              High there

                              Very healthy discussions thank you. The following attachments from the JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH may shed some light and provide food for thought to the discussion.

                              Consider electrostatic capacitor sink or controlled runway breakdown of electrical discharge for more details read the attached.

                              http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...1&d=1340350859

                              http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...1&d=1340351350

                              http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...sink-hole.html


                              Regards

                              JJ
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dunfasto View Post
                                Hi gsm,

                                radiant energy is not photons its ions.

                                but you wont find it written in wikipedia.

                                if one knows how to use these ions one can have free energy.

                                thanks and regards

                                dunfasto
                                Yee - ha !
                                At last we got discussion, and some thought about what it is we need to be doing here.

                                Radiant Energy is that which propagates freely at the speed of light unless acted upon by gravity = photons or a photon stream; with those photons having frequency, polarisation, and distance related phase attributes related to their time of propagation at velocity 'c'.

                                Do you mean negative ions or positive ions, ie. elemental matter with or without electron charge ? And where do the ions come from ?

                                The photons of Radiant Energy deliver energy to electrons.

                                Photons may energise free electrons into charged motion within a conductor to generate current or excess voltage, but if the photon energy is sufficient, it may also energise the electrons so much that they become launched out of the surface of the matter.

                                Unlike in a vacuum, electrons cannot exist in air, they combine with molecules within air (matter) and render it ionised - negative ions, instantaneously leaving their surface of origin with a fractional positive charge.

                                Now ions do not CANNOT Radiate within air, they are part of the body of air which surrounds them, and this can lead to the development of a local excess charge which dissipates through the air via electron exchange between atoms and molecules, where, if sufficient, can lead to the development of streamers, plasma or spark generation.

                                Radiant Energy might lead to the development of Ions, but it is photonic; and it is those photons which can cause the ionisation.

                                Ionisation can of course be, and most often is, also generated via a source voltage already high enough to ionise air directly, and this is most certainly not Radiant, though the charged molecular Ions thus created/generated can Radiate photonically as their electron energy imbalance returns energetically and instantaneously to neutral.
                                .
                                Last edited by GSM; 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X