No announcement yet.

Marko Rodin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for "neon" in my last post....read..XENON !

Comment

• ?'s about a you tube video

Morpher I saw you posted a response to youtube user Wavefront101's Rodin coil3. He is using a Joule thief. Is he powering the coil with the JT and using it as a pickup coil when the magnet passes by? If not can you please explain to me what he is doing. Thanks

Comment

• Wavefront101's Rodin coil3

Originally posted by redrichie View Post
        Morpher I saw you posted a response to youtube user Wavefront101's Rodin coil3. He is using a Joule thief. Is he powering the coil with the JT and using it as a pickup coil when the magnet passes by? If not can you please explain to me what he is doing. Thanks
        This is what I think he's doing ... but it would be better to ask him.

His Rodin coil is an air coil. He dangles a magnet down
        over it and adjusts the resistance to the base of the transistor
        to get the magnet to spin or oscillate. As he does so, the
        LEDs blink.
        All this set to some funky RAVE electronic music.
        Part of the video is in slow-mo and you can see streaks
        from the LEDs that synchronize with the video frame in a beat
        frequency sort of way.

I liked the video very much. Nicely done.

YouTube - Rodin Coil 3

Comment

• adding ot my last post

some more data if it helps

first my terminology :-

A : 1st winding of the Rodin coil
          B : 2nd winding of the Rodin coil
          thus A1 = start of winding A , A2 = end of winding A

SP : shaded pole coil
          C : core of shaded pole coil

D1 : diode is connected to START of winding B
          D2 : diode is connected to END of winding B

VBatt := 12.46 VDC

positive of PWM is ALWAYS connected to START of winding A

using winding A connected to the PWM and using only winding B as the "output", then coming from winding-B to a microwave "KV cap with a diode for rectification and also the SP+c inside the rodin coil i get the following (Voltage generated, current draw from supply )

D1 : 54.1 VDC , 100mA
          D2 : 362 VDC , 100mA

as above but with SP+C raised above and sitting on top of Rodin coil

D1 : 71.2 VDC, 100mA
          D2 : 377 VDC, 100mA

now using only the Core from the SP

D2 (without core inserted): 381 VDC, 100mA
          D2 (WITH core inserted) : 388 VDC, 80mA

using two cores together and as above i get

D2 (WITH cores) : 392 VDC, 78mA

finally, putting a 120 Ohm resistor across the Capacitor
          D2 (without cores) : 6.07 VDC, 100mA
          D2 (WITH cores) : 5.87 VDC, 80mA

hope i made sense and that this helps

David. D
          Last edited by rave154; 09-30-2009, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Help Needed

Hi All,

I need some help building a circuit that will achieve the following ( see attatched diagram & logic diagram below )

555 output,,,,,,,,,, MOSFET-1,,,,,,,,,,,,MOSFET-2

ON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, +12V,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 0V

OFF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 0V,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, +12V

I already have a 555 curcuit that achieves half of what i need, basically a 555 controlling a MOSFET with variable frequency & duty, bu ti am stuck as to how to achieve the above.

The reason for needing this circuit is that by attempting to replicate the logic table above "by hand" by dabbing the terminals of the circuit onto the battery i have noticed some very interesting effects and wish to study this further and report them to you guys. I should mention that MOSFET-1 will be connected to winding-A of the Rodin coil, and MOSFET-2 will be connected to winding-B of the Rodin.

So, basically i just need a circuit that takes the output from the 555 ( pin-3 ) and controls TWO mosfets as opposed to just one ).......and...it doesnt matter wether each mosfet has a shared power supply or individual ones, though i prefer to use a seperate power supply for the 555 part of the circuit which is how i am doing it at the moment.

Any Help GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks,

David. D
            Attached Files

Comment

• Evil Genius Solid State Tesla Coil

Originally posted by rave154 View Post
              Hi All,

I need some help building a circuit that will achieve the following ( see attatched diagram & logic diagram below )

I already have a 555 curcuit that achieves half of what i need, basically a 555 controlling a MOSFET with variable frequency & duty, bu ti am stuck as to how to achieve the above.

The reason for needing this circuit is that by attempting to replicate the logic table above "by hand" by dabbing the terminals of the circuit onto the battery i have noticed some very interesting effects and wish to study this further and report them to you guys. I should mention that MOSFET-1 will be connected to winding-A of the Rodin coil, and MOSFET-2 will be connected to winding-B of the Rodin.

So, basically i just need a circuit that takes the output from the 555 ( pin-3 ) and controls TWO mosfets as opposed to just one ).......and...it doesnt matter wether each mosfet has a shared power supply or individual ones, though i prefer to use a seperate power supply for the 555 part of the circuit which is how i am doing it at the moment.

Thanks,

David. D
              Hi David,

The "Evil Genius" Solid State Tesla Coil
              has a chopper circuit that doesn't use a 555, but does
              use MOSFETs.
              It uses 2 IRF540 MOSFETs and
              IC driver 3525.

YouTube - Evil Genius Solid State Tesla Coil Replication

Comment

• Morpher

Thanks morpher, checking it out now

Comment

• morpher

Thanks for the reply,

i would rather try and use 555's because at least with my limited knowledge of electronics i at least have a little bit of knowledge of how to play around with them...

hope someone can help

David. D

Comment

• Originally posted by rave154 View Post
                    Hi All,

Thanks,

David. D
                    just to add to the above, using transistors instead of mosfets would be ok for me too, anything that gives me the logic table above to drive both windings on the rodin coil..

Thanks

Comment

• This might work

Hi David, you might be able to modify this circuit by Eugene Blanchard. You might also try searching an "H" bridge configuration.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 10-10-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Bits

Thanks bits, although i must admit, that circuit looks a lil complex for my simplistic knowledge..

looking at my attatchment, you can see the correct wiring for the 3055 transistor.....but......is the wiring for the 2955 transistor correct or does it need to be flipped upside down so that the arrow is underneath?

Thanks,

David. D
                        Last edited by rave154; 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Dave, it's a matter of what the voltage is at the "base" of the PNP;
                          (PNP)
                          If the base is at a lower voltage than the emitter, current flows from emitter to collector.

Because you are just connecting a coil, just observe the direction you want the current to flow within the coil(s) Wiring.

Hope this helps

Bit's

Comment

• Bits

ok bits.....no wim confused.....remember im the clueless electronics nit wit here........can you dra wa circuit on how i would wire up the output from PIN-3 of the 555.....onto a 2955 ?

Thanks
                            DAvid. D

Comment

• Let's see if this helps

Try this David.

Thanks

Bit's
                              Last edited by Bit's-n-Bytes; 12-04-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• ahhhhh bits.....you lil genius you !!!! that was JUST what i was looking for !

Thank YOU .

David. D

Comment

Working...
                                X