Marko Rodin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rave154 View Post
    ok bits.....no wim confused.....remember im the clueless electronics nit wit here....

Thanks
    DAvid. D

WHOA! Hang on a minute. Not while I'm around you aint, I am the one and only Master of Cluelesness. I defy anyone to be as clueless as me.

Just give me a kit of parts and some clear instructions though... and I'll mess that up as well...

s.

Comment

• 555 timer limits

Originally posted by rave154 View Post
      Thanks for the reply,
      i would rather try and use 555's because at least with my limited knowledge of electronics i at least have a little bit of knowledge of how to play around with them...
      hope someone can help
      David. D
      I like the 555 timer very much as well ... but it is limited.
      It cannot go very fast ... so is not ideal for say a Flyback transformer,
      but is just fine for an ignition coil or a Tesla coil of lower frequency.
      So it depends upon what frequency range you want.

Also, 555 is a bit trick with respect to duty cycle.

Comment

• flip-flops

555 output,,,,,,,,,, MOSFET-1,,,,,,,,,,,,MOSFET-2

ON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, +12V,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 0V

OFF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 0V,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, +12V
        What you can do is have the output of your 555 enter
        a D (or JK) flip-flop.
        You can then have one 2n3055 on the output of the flop
        on Q and a 2nd one on Q-bar. When one coil fires, the other
        is not fired, and vice a versa.
        I would do it this way ... very easy.

Comment

• Morpher

morpher,

by a flipflop.....do you mean 4013D ? i have a few of those..but i have NO idea how to wire them up in terms of connections and also placement of resistors to regulate voltages & currents and also capacitors.

I have looked on the net for possible diagrams that i could butcher in order to get what i want but to no avail (mainly due to my lack of knowledge )

If you have a candidate circuit it would help me greatly ( again i dont need the 55 part only everything that comes after the output from pin3 of the 55 )

Many Thanks,

David. D

Comment

• Originally posted by rave154 View Post
            morpher,

by a flipflop.....do you mean 4013D ? i have a few of those..but i have NO idea how to wire them up in terms of connections and also placement of resistors to regulate voltages & currents and also capacitors.

I have looked on the net for possible diagrams that i could butcher in order to get what i want but to no avail (mainly due to my lack of knowledge )

If you have a candidate circuit it would help me greatly ( again i dont need the 55 part only everything that comes after the output from pin3 of the 55 )

Many Thanks,

David. D
            So from the 555 we have a clock.
            That clock can be provided to the clock input of a D flip-flop
            wired to flop (not to latch).
            See the URL below. As a flip-flop, you essentially divide the clock by 2
            (twice as slow). The output signal Q and Q-bar are opposite of each
            other. So when Q is high, Q-bar is low.
            There are several part numbers for D-flip flops .. some with more
            than one flop in the same package.

The D Latch and the D flip-flop

I would just search around on the web and find schematics that use
            D flip-flops to get an idea of how to wire them up.
            They are one of the easiest devices to deal with.
            You just need pull-up resistors if you want
            Preset-bar and clear-bar to be pulled high.

A NAND gate is essentially two transistors.
            A flip-flop is TWO NAND gates.
            So you could do this with 4 transistors ... but why
            bother when you can just buy a flip-flop circuit and hook it up?

Comment

• use an inverter

Hi David,

On second thought ... perhaps what would be easier for you
              instead of a flop is to use an INVERTER.
              You have the CLK signal out of the 555 ... you can invert it
              to get at CLK-bar as well.
              Now you have both. Use CLK to feed into one 2N3055
              and CLK-BAR to feed into a 2nd one.

The "Son of Tesla Coil" 555 timer circuit I'm using
              has a 5K pot to vary the resistance feeding into the
              base of the 2N3055.
              By using a POT you can experiment with various resistance
              values -- which will result in different levels of current
              on the output side of each 2N3055.
              You might also want to current-limit with a 50 ohm
              (or less) resistor in series with your coil connections
              so that you don't have too much current going to each
              winding. The 50 ohm is optional though and the 2n3055s
              can take a great deal of current (5A I think).
              Just feel them and see if they are too hot. Put a heat
              sink if you are going high power.

You can invert using an NPN transistor like a 2n2222a.
              see the bottom of
              Transistor Circuits

Comment

• two 555 timers driving each circuit of Rodin

So along the lines of David's experiment, it might be interesting
                to have two 555 timers to drive each of the two coils in a Rodin coil.
                That way you could experiment with setting them to send
                pulsed DC to each coil at different "beat" frequencies.

One could be pulsed a 512Hz and the other at 1024Hz -- a power-of-two harmonic.

In terms of using the Rodin as a speaker, this might be interesting to try
                to see if the core material you use to produce the sound can handle
                two "mixed" frequencies like that.

Comment

• Guys - I've been dying to get into this thread - being a late comer to the Marko Rodin thing. I am fascinated by that coil. It seems that it has a monopole? in the centre? Can anyone who has built this - also confirm this?

What I'm trying to learn is whether or not a standard winding in copper - without an iron core - does that also have a monopole - or any pole? I'd be very grateful for an answer here.

Does anyone know how one could contact that Jamie Buturff (I think's the name). I'd love to keep track of his tests. All so fascinating.

Comment

• Morpher,

Thanks a lot for the info's...am going through it now.

I considered using two seperate 555's , one to drive each winding of the Rodin...however...getting them "synced" would be tough...i think this is called phase angle? Thats why i want to try and drive both windings from the same clock signal....am looking at the "inverter" thing now....be back when ive come up with something.

thanks a bunch :-)

David. D

Comment

• Originally posted by witsend View Post
                      Guys - I've been dying to get into this thread - being a late comer to the Marko Rodin thing. I am fascinated by that coil. It seems that it has a monopole? in the centre? Can anyone who has built this - also confirm this?

What I'm trying to learn is whether or not a standard winding in copper - without an iron core - does that also have a monopole - or any pole? I'd be very grateful for an answer here.

Does anyone know how one could contact that Jamie Buturff (I think's the name). I'd love to keep track of his tests. All so fascinating.
                      Hi Rosemary,
                      Although mostly understood perhaps even by the inventor and his team, this alternative technology does seem most important. Applications require special wiring, but the basic coil seem to do a lot that would normally require either more power, or various other devices.

Jamie's coils I've seen as far as I know, were all the Fisherprice air coil types. The seemingly monopole experiment (I am intrigued, not convinced) was conducted with such coils. I have yet to see footage of a non-air coil.
                      I believe that we've barely seen scratches in the workings of the Rodin coil, simply because those I've seen were shaped VASTLY different than the air coil underneath. Yet, the Rodin math (which he seems to copywright to a divine power more than himself) really works best on a pure toroid shape. I have the impression that the Fisherprice toys have too large a whole in the middle, causing the windings to end up webbing it to some degree. The geometry may still be there as designed, yet possibly morphed and diffused.

I can greatly recommend searching Youtube for Rodin Coil video's, and subscribing to each user's channel that's experimenting. I have watched every video I could find, and never stop to be amazed. The well is overflowing slightly, but we have no idea what lies below the surface.

I wish I had a workshop of any kind, to get started creating an air coil of (to me) more prefered proportions. And why not, greater scale to fit thicker wires and more precise wire spacing to conform to the Rodin math.

Comment

• Rosemary & Cloxi

Cloxi,

i too have watched just about everything thats out there on Rodin math, its utterly fascinating and SO DEEP ! Try staring at the toroid with the numbers on it for a few moments and let your eyes go kinda fuzzy and all of a sudden youll see things that werent apparent at first. People quite often call rodin arrogant & obnoxious, strange that he doesnt strike me that way, he strikes me as simply "sure".(and he has the maths to back up his 'sureness')

Rosemary, there are basically two sets of videos on you tube, a set of 44 parts comprising some 3 plus hours...and another set of 20 parts from a different 'lecture', i would suggest watching the 44 parts first as its in more detail. I somehow have the feeling youre going to be blown away by the revelations in them.

On a technical note, as far as my tests so far, one thing has struck me as very odd...how come my rodin coil, while feeding only 12V DC into one of the windings....produces such a high voltage on the other winding when no core material is used (the area of induction is basically in thin air )...and the coil by "classical" definition would be a 1-to-1 coil .....hence my wanting to investigate further.....but more than that its the possibilities of sending opposing signals (at various frequencies) to create what Rodin calls the "Shear" that has my interest now ( after my stumbling hand-operated attempts with batteries and terminals produced incredible action on a NEO magnet, it jumped about foot away out of the middle of the coil ! )

So, Morpher(thanks for the help), Rosemary & Cloxi ( & others )......onward & upward.....

David. D

Comment

• jamie

Originally posted by witsend View Post
                          Guys - I've been dying to get into this thread - being a late comer to the Marko Rodin thing. I am fascinated by that coil. It seems that it has a monopole? in the centre? Can anyone who has built this - also confirm this?

I was able to contact jamie through youtube. He was gracious enough to answer a few questions I have. So im assuming they are all for it being open source. Just pull up his vedeos on the coil and post a comment or PM him and he'll eventually get back to you.

Comment

• HI all, Jamie is looking to patent this and is asking for licence agreements with him, he says that he has a patent application. I have news for him, there is a prior art, can not be patented, he is wistling in the wind

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
                              HI all, Jamie is looking to patent this and is asking for licence agreements with him, he says that he has a patent application. I have news for him, there is a prior art, can not be patented, he is wistling in the wind

Mike
                              Depends on "what" he wishes to patent. If he is his own prior art, for instance with the levitation, he does have a chance in my nderstanding. Or US patent laws much differ greatly from the European. I worked at the EPO (as external agent), and am co-patent holder, so I got to read up on it (only a bit, I'll admit).
                              The Rodin Coil itself is too well documented for about a dozen years. But if there is a specific way to wind it to obtain effects other winding pattern do not allow for, then this is patentable.
                              If I am right, this also means that these is not an unfortunate situation, where people from outside the Rodin camp (Jamie seems well in?) are in the race to take posession of perhaps the most important, yet-to-be-discovered applications of yet untried winding patterns.
                              My greatest hope with Rodin coil technology, more intuitively than based on science, is for a more true to shape toroid, and any wiring previously posted. The way Jamie decribes his new method seems to match the Rodin math nicely, it would not hurt if Jamie and Marko would patent it. This would make finding funding for reseach also easier to accomplish, even if they seek an no strings attached free gift.

Comment

• Golly. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Cloxxki - I'm so intrigued. I'm satisfied that there was really only one pole evident - notwithstanding Nassim Haramein's questioning this. I've seen replications - also on youtube - where spherical magnets spin and this would only be possible if it were exposed to a monopole. But I'm not sure that it's the result of that bifilar winding - the peculiarities regarding the way it is wound - or whether it would be there anyway - provided the core did not also contain iron. Would give my eye teeth to find out. I'd love to know if you do get round to replicating this. Just bear in mind that the control would be very simple to set up. May be an easier and quicker route?

And David - I've watched EVERYTHING - on Nassiem and Marko. What I don't get is enough of Jamie Buturff. Surely he'd consider chatting to us? Or is he already too much in demand. WELL DONE for actually doing the replication. Total repulsion of the magnet is not the ideal result. That could still indicate bipoles and vagaries associated with the presentation of the magnet. We need it to spin. To my way of thinking all that's then needed is a copper wire somewhere near that centre and there should be a measurable current flow. I need to know if that will then add to the current drawdown from the supply Just so many questions. Have you tested this?

And redrichie - I've written and written and written. Am getting nowhere fast.

And Michael. Glad you can confirm this. It's actually so much in the public domain that it is, probably, entirely unenforceable as a patent, even if he wanted to. How do you keep track of small business interests in the manufacture of this. And think of the howl of protest if he ever tried to sue for breach of intellectual property rights. All he might manage is to prevent a big monopolist from producing. And that would be a really good thing.

But Cloxxki - your point is noted. Personally I think it's a total travesty to try and capitalise of this. Rather should they get busy and manufacture. If it does what they say - then open source testing will do much better than 'in house' testing - where most of the intelligence is then out of the public domain.

I would LOVE to know more from David. Please keep us posted. Can you give us a photo of your device? That's got to be a challenge getting it wound. Can't get my head around it.

On a personal note - I'm not really that captivated by Marko Rodin. But he has definitely found a number relationship that blows me away. I think it's acknowledged by mathematicians everywhere. Clearly the guy's a genius. Just, like Cloxxki says - he seems to have a hotline to the Good Lord and I'm not sure that he quite knows which is which - or who is which? Something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X