X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroMikey
    replied
    Glad to hear you are doing well Mr Dave
    Good progress is always exciting times. So glad you are getting the heavy lifting done before the heatwave hits.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    I guess good things come to those who wait. I just heard from Greyland, and he is beginning testing and sending me videos of each step. The first step was just running the motor without it connected to anything on the power supply. I haven't seen the video yet, so I don't know what voltage he is running it at, but it is drawing 1.3 amps with no load whatsoever. He said when he gets three videos made he will share them. He thought he was sending me a YouTube video, but it was a link to a video in Google Photos, so he is going to get some help posting to YouTube. He has a new phone and has never done anything like this before, so it will be interesting and may take a few days to get this all worked out. But it's been years, so what's a few more days? His next step will be to record the motor just turning the rotor with NO coils in place and sharing what the amp draw of the motor is at that point. Then start adding coils unloaded, and loaded and then with magnetic neutralization in place, and sharing the amp draw. It may take a few more days, but data and videos are on the way. Finally. This is the test video he sent me. It gives NO data, but shows ME some obvious changes he made to the machine, which was its only purpose: https://photos.app.goo.gl/T61eR3XRs2R1ncER9
    Like I said, he thought he was sending me a YouTube video, but no.
    Last edited by Turion; 03-29-2020, 05:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Nope. No flu for me. Just busy working on my remodel. Finally making some real progress as I have turned the corner from DEstruction to CONstruction in the basement. Finally.

I heard from Greyland yesterday. He actually sent me a video from his shop of the progress on the generator. Looks like he is FINALLY done with all the updates, changes and tweaks and is getting it back together. Hopefully only a couple more days. You'll know when I do. He DID tell me that he believes he can get the amp draw on the motor under load down to 10 amps or less, which would be 240 watts or less. That would be very cool because it is much better than what I have claimed is possible. Time will tell. I'll believe it when I see it. I have never seen it that low, but hs says the changes and adjustments he has made will make some serious difference. I believe what I see on my bench.
    Last edited by Turion; 03-29-2020, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post
    Hi Turion,
    Any progress on generator test?
    Regards,
    bi
    He might have the boogie woogie flu bug.I am just getting over it.

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Hi Turion,
    Any progress on generator test?
    Regards,
    bi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X