Motor Generators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping

Ok, now is the time for all the folks who seem to think they know everything to actually CONTRIBUTE instead of just running their mouths, if there ARE any who actually have a clue. This machine is easily putting out enough power to run itself, but how to make that happen. It’s running on a 36 volt dc motor or I have a 110 volt DC treadmill motor that ran off AC input using some kind of controller. I also have a small AC motor. The output of a coil is 130 volts AC at 1.5 amps. I see NO solution that doesn’t involve running an inverter on a battery, or running straight off the battery. Either way, a battery is involved and whiners will claim it isn’t looped.
    Last edited by Turion; 12-17-2019, 10:42 PM.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Ok, now is the time for all the folks who seem to think they know everything to actually CONTRIBUTE instead of just running their mouths, if there ARE any who actually have a clue. This machine is easily putting out enough power to run itself, but how to make that happen. It’s running on a 36 volt dc motor or I have a 110 volt DC treadmill motor that ran off AC input using some kind of controller. I also have a small AC motor. The output of a coil is 130 volts AC at 1.5 amps. I see NO solution that doesn’t involve running an inverter on a battery, or running straight off the battery. Either way, a battery is involved and whiners will claim it isn’t looped.

Just a thought! If you have a “universal motor” they will run off ac or dc. It could be the treadmill motor is that way.

Comment

• Treadmill motor

Most treadmill motors I've seen are DCPM commutator types and will not run on AC.

Risking being blamed when your loop fails, to convert AC to DC, use a bridge rectifier (fwbr) and filter capacitor. To adjust voltage, use a transformer (or variac) on AC side, or DC/DC converter on DC side.

bi

Comment

• Continued

Most switchmode power supplies, AC to DC, accept wide range of AC voltage input like 80-260 and wide range of frequency from 0 to 400Hz(?). I've seen those for bigger computer equipment and battery chargers in the 7-8 amp DC range at 5 to 48V. Might work.

Good luck with it.

bi

Comment

• I am thinking your machinist is making parts and you are sending
            him coils with ferrite cores in them. Or is he winding his own and uses
            iron cores?

Yes having such a machine operating at the lower rpm would be amazing.

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            I’ll report back .................

I am very hopeful that simply by increasing the number of strands in
            parallel I can wind even a ferrite core in such a way that it speeds up
            under load. And THAT would be amazing.

Comment

• BTW Dave

Thane is using smaller coils now and they speed up under load(Not really)
              or don't drag down the rotor. He is using 24 magnets on what look
              like a 14"-15" rotor. At 3000rmp his tiny coils still do a good job
              (2nd gen wire) but because he has so many magnets..........

Comment

• My machine currently has iron cores. I just wound my FIRST coil that has a ferrite core today to try it out. I haven’t changed the size or amount of wire much on my machine at all. I started with 3 strands of 1000 feet. I went downtown 800 feet to bring the output down to 120 volts instead of 130, but now I am back at 12 strands of 253 feet, which gives me 18 inches of wire on each end to make connections. And still around 3,000 feet of wire on the coil.

The speed up under load at the lower RPM is a matter of the number of strands in parallel connected in series. I wouldn’t be surprised if 24 strands allowed you to go to an even lower RPM. The output of the coil SEEMS to remain the same, despite the lower RPM, which I believe is a result of the increased capacitance of the coil.

I will probably wind one more ferrite core coil tomorrow so I have a “pair” to test. It may take me a couple days to get that wound and the testing done. I took yesterday and today off from me remodeling project because of a bad sore throat, but need to get back at it tomorrow.

No word from my machinist on testing with new batteries, but I will probably hear from him tomorrow.
                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• Production

What affects the output of the generator?
                  Capacity of the coil
                  RPM of rotor
                  Number of magnets on the rotor
                  Mass of the magnets
                  Strength of the magnets
                  Core material
                  Size of the core.

What is the perfect rotor/coil combination? WE DON’T KNOW!

I ASSUME Thane isn’t getting as much out of his little coils as I am getting out of my bigger ones. But what is he using as his core material in his coils? What strength are his magnets? He has TWICE as many on his rotor, so THAT makes a big difference for sure. They may also be thicker, which I KNOW makes a big difference. We need to know how thick the magnets need to be before the added mass is just wasted because you have exceeded the capacitance of the coil. There is a TON of research to be done here and one or two people can’t do it all. This is a viable method of producing free energy. It is no longer the one I want to focus on, but that doesn’t make it any less real.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Progress

I got a second coil wound today, but I can’t find the filters to filter the ferrite. I only had enough filtered ferrite Matt sent me to do one coil. Got a couple bags of ferrite, just not filtered. You need a 200 micron and a 400 micron filter. You want stuff for your core between 200 and 400 microns. I also ordered 2 1/16” thick plastic plates so I can epoxy one on each side of the rotor. They will have holes where the magnets go so the magnets don’t stick out. Lots of little things to fix as I put this smaller machine back together, and my machinist is over at the independent labs today, getting some help with the bigger machine. So this won't be a speedy assembly, but it WILL get done.

Turns out that with 6 north magnets and six south magnets on the rotor you multiply SIX times the 1100 RPM and divide by 120 to get the Hz. So the big machine is doing about 57 Hz. Since the coil output seems to still be 120 volts, he’s going to try running that AC motor on the coil output and if it works, replace the DC motor. He’s keeping me informed.
                    Last edited by Turion; 12-19-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• Bad math

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      Turns out that with 6 north magnets and six south magnets on the rotor you multiply SIX times the 1100 RPM and divide by 120 to get the Hz. So the big machine is doing about 57 Hz. Since the coil output seems to still be 120 volts, he’s going to try running that AC motor on the coil output and if it works, replace the DC motor. He’s keeping me informed.
                      1100 RPM with 6 pole-pairs gives 110 Hz.

bi

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                        I got a second coil wound today........

Got a couple bags of ferrite, ...

You want stuff for your core between 200 and 400 microns.

Turns out that with 6 north magnets and six south magnets on the
                        rotor you multiply SIX times the 1100 RPM and divide by 120 to get
                        the Hz.

So the big machine is doing about 57 Hz.
                        Hi Dave
                        Glad you are feeling better and keeping busy on the project. It is
                        imperative that motors AND generators fundamentally be advanced.
                        Since you are one of many who have the experience seems like you
                        will continue the work by delegation.

I am sure your machinists is a great guy plus very smart. He is a
                        reserved man which makes him a listener. Anyone who can listen
                        properly can run the whole show. Nice going.

Concerning the calculations you have posted. It is a rule of thumb or
                        a number that works out well I am sure based on the diameter of this
                        specific build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlK-Usd1tBM
                        We could go on and on about how many micro-seconds
                        it takes 1 magnet to pass a pole at the said RPM which equates to the
                        distance around the circle it travels then how many times it does that
                        in 1 minute or second. Picking the easy numbers to approximate is more
                        fun. Math has more than one avenue to arrive at the same place.

On the Ferrite. I know you said this before and for some reason all the
                        stuff I order now is nano iron dust like you put in caulk broad paint to
                        make it magnetic also. Point me to a supplier so I can compare dust.

I know sizes change everything
                        Last edited by BroMikey; 12-19-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Pick your poison

https://www.pptechnology.com/electro...e-powders.html

Comment

• Okay here is their page for "Ferrites for electronics" not just any iron
                            dust. https://www.pptechnology.com/PPT%20F...e%20(2016).pdf

I will contact them so I have something good. Do you remember if they
                            require a bulk order or how much you had to pay? Sometimes you may
                            get samples from companies.

These Ferrites are made of nickel and zinc and iron dust. All 3 components
                            are proportioned for any freq range needed.
                            Last edited by BroMikey; 12-20-2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjdquk-LLSI

Comment

• Nice test setup. Do you think he is getting OU?

Comment

Working...
                                X