No announcement yet.

Bucking Coil Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi sky. sounds like adding a relay buzzer circuit to the input might be suitable. might need more volts. maybe a 5v relay would go on 3.5-3.7v. can add a diagram if helpful.
    cheers
    Last edited by voltan; 02-21-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Hi folks!
      Sky, great test my freind seems we could acheive a good battery charger this way...
      Voltan i think your idea to use a relay in self oscillation is a good thing to try. I may have the part to try it... I will let you know from the result.
      Ciao!

Comment

• hi all. here's a snippet of info quoted from the don smith thread.

But with a split secondary consisting of a CW and a CCW winding there is also a 90deg shift between the CW and the CCW turns.That means that when CW winding delivers voltage the CCW winding delivers current and viceversa.
        * i'm guessing that's at resonance. it might be more applicable to 2 layers wound the length of a rod than half length bucking coils, but i think it's important to understand the phasing of partnered coil arrangements. sounds like a job for a dual trace scope. food for thought.
        cheers
        Last edited by voltan; 02-25-2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• my new test...

Hi folks!
          Here is my new interesting test....
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfr8bwVhkc
          Hope you envoy!
          Ciao!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
            Hi folks!
            Here is my new interesting test....
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfr8bwVhkc
            Hope you envoy!
            Ciao!
            Well, by my calculations that is a COP > 1.0 BUT...

You would still have to put the output on a scope and determine if the waveform is a pure sine wave. If it is, nice work! If it isn't, hmmm... Curious how the waveform is being modified.

Comment

• I just found this:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_FAwTYlMg[/VIDEO]

Very interesting.

I theorize that for greatly increased output, one could continue the Bucking Coil copper winding with another second Outside Set such that the green output coil is sandwiched in-between the first and second set.

Just keep paying attention to the right hand rule, remembering that the magnetic flow is in the other direction on the outside of each coil (not visualized in the video).
              Last edited by MagnaMoRo; 05-26-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Agree.This is the (one of many) solution.

Comment

• Bucking Coil PDF

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUy_9jDKDvo[/VIDEO]
                  Code:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUy_9jDKDvo
                  [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvUiQ3IMHMU[/VIDEO]
                  Code:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvUiQ3IMHMU
                  www.hyiq.org/Downloads/Guidelines%20to%20Bucking%20Coils.pdf

Bucking Coils PDF
                  Last edited by vidbid; 05-28-2015, 04:09 AM.
                  Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• This is the most important piece of information in the whole pdf.

"What does Work"

So, my last post was wrong. The green wire in the video is the "excitation wire" or input wire, needing an AC signal.

Still, I could see an L4 coil added in, in phase with L1 and wrapped around L3 with L3 wrapped around L1 for increased efficiency.

Comment

• This is a configuration that -I think- should cancel completely the Lenz effect resulting from the group of two bucking induced coils:

Two inducers and two output bucking coils. Inducers have like poles facing each other (North - North , or South - South ) , therefore the system is simetric and each induced coil is trasversed for each inducer field. The induced current add up to contribute to the final voltage output, while at the same time both induced field cancell each other.

INDUCER (North) -----> TWO BUCKING COILS <----- (North) INDUCER

Where both inducers are creating a North pole toward each bucking coil (same inducer poles facing each other North-North). This way each bucking coil is transversed by a different inducer field .Connecting properly the induced coils both induced voltages add up, while both induced magnetic fields cancel out.

PS. This configuration was supposed to be used by Daniel Dingel in his water powered car:

Attached Files
                      Last edited by hanon1492; 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM.
                      https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Sorry. Just chiming in for a short hint.
                        A solar cell is a good measure for dealing with light intensity / power. It is simple, cheap, fast and can be done quite scientifically in order to perform solid proof of output power.
                        • The short circuit current (ľA range / DC ) is quite linear with light intensity while the voltage is non linear and dependent on many factors like temperature, load ..... Please observe chart b and c at link above.
                        • Please regard environmental light. Best is to prepare a can and glue the solar cell inside to the bottom. Then cover the bulb with the can (bottom up)
                        • Perform measurement with DMM ľA range (ceramic cap in parallel)DC
                        • Perform short timed measurements only in order to prevent deviation by temperature.
                        • Use your calibrated light source for measurements only / do not overload it.

1. Comparing the luminosity of a light source:
                        • Connect the light source for reference at rated voltage
                        • Measure ľA from solar cell
                        • Connect light source to setup
                        • Measure ľA from solar cell again and compare

2. Calibrating a light source:
                        • Any bulb can be calibrated along stepped voltages (steps at your choice). Take notes of V-DC / A-DC and ľA (light intensity)for each step as reference. Calculate power for each step.
                        • For later measurements it is of no importance if driving power is AC / DC or any phase angle. This is true because the definition of power is -> the ability to perform work -> it's just what a light source does. Heat vs. light intensity and all other parameters are canceled out by calibration. :-)
                        • You might need to interpolate values in order to find the correct power value in your chart.

That amount of info shall suffice for now but I am prepared to elaborate on request.
                        Last edited by JohnStone; 07-14-2015, 12:57 PM.
                        Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• JohnStone

Can I ask btw if you know good way to force n-channel mosfet which has microseconds switching time in datasheet to switch at nanoseconds ?

Comment

• @Boguslaw: That is a science in itself. FETs are incredibly fast in switching by nature (ps). But the capacitance of the gate is the restriction. The more amperage the more delay.
                            Unfortunately the voltage at drain penetrates to gate via capacitive effects and tends to charge the gate cap while opposing the switching action.
                            We can get very good dedicated FET drivers that can drive in excess of 5A for short time. Here the restriction is the PCB design or wiring. If done not properly all efforts do not work as expected.
                            You might remember me monster driver design I gave to UFO thread. There I summed up all necessary for a fast driver. I did all I could for DIY through hole PCB. SMD will be far superior if optimized.
                            In laser technology they get the gate capacitance discharged (switch off) by applying a very short negative HV pulse tuned to the very capacitance of the FET. You shall understand that data sheets state standard conditions based on published test circuits. They cover usual use. Nevertheless semiconductors own many unpublished properties that can be used if "skilled in the art".
                            Meanwhile CREE has very fast silicon carbide FETs in portfolio that are inherently HV and ns switching time - and affordable. But please keep in mind that the wiring is here the essential ingredient - FAT, SHORT, STRAIGHT, SMD components ..... Not to forget fast ceramic capacitors for drivers.
                            If you have done all right, you will detect that some components are too fast and ringing issues arrive. Then you must tune those components to get slower. But if you have a slow oscilloscope you never will see those issues.
                            In fact short switching time needs HF design rules regarded. A spark gap does all these miracles for free.
                            Sorry - no easy answer :-)
                            Last edited by JohnStone; 07-22-2015, 12:48 PM.
                            Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• Because the world energy consumption is presently fossil fuel and electromagnetic generated in Terra Watts, Thermal BTU and horse power are the units presently used.

Light is not much of a problem any more and the units do not work well at all.
                              The fanciful use of light and it's array of spectra has little to do with the real problem.
                              So light as a comparison is another distraction. Torque is being used alright.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...onsumption.svg

Comment

• Nikola Tesla's Bucking Induction Coil

In one of Tesla's lectures, he describes the construction of a induction coil which is a bucking coil design. He said that the "electromagnetic fields cancel" in the space between the coils. He also said that the "electrostatic" effects at the open end were "sufficient" to replicate most of the interesting high frequency phenomenon he describes in his lectures. I am building a replication of it and running it with an LMD Analog computer, I will post my results in this thread.
                                Bucking coils certainly exhibit strange properties when they are put under load, though.
                                At resonance, properly constructed bucking coils are OU.
                                Bedini's Kromrey Converter uses them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X