No announcement yet.

Bucking Coil Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks, Hi ajay, look forward to anything you share.
    Going to post in this thread instead of bitt one, since it's not exactly bitt at the moment.
    This build is similar to a video i saw posted on youtube, it uses 4 ferrite C cores and a good amount of 24awg. copper wire for the bifilar primary oscillator.
    I'm Following newmans or nilrehob's experimental evidence that shows that it is the amount of copper that gives a greater magnetic field compared to turns.
    And not as much 30awg. copper wire for the secondary bucking coils.
    Will be testing with regular blocking oscillator.
    Will report results when i start testing.
    peace love light

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajay View Post
      In one of Tesla's lectures, he describes the construction of a induction coil which is a bucking coil design. He said that the "electromagnetic fields cancel" in the space between the coils. He also said that the "electrostatic" effects at the open end were "sufficient" to replicate most of the interesting high frequency phenomenon he describes in his lectures. I am building a replication of it and running it with an LMD Analog computer, I will post my results in this thread.
      Bucking coils certainly exhibit strange properties when they are put under load, though.
      At resonance, properly constructed bucking coils are OU.
      Bedini's Kromrey Converter uses them as well.

Good! let us know about your reserch.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
        Hi folks, Hi ajay, look forward to anything you share.
        Going to post in this thread instead of bitt one, since it's not exactly bitt at the moment.
        This build is similar to a video i saw posted on youtube, it uses 4 ferrite C cores and a good amount of 24awg. copper wire for the bifilar primary oscillator.
        I'm Following newmans or nilrehob's experimental evidence that shows that it is the amount of copper that gives a greater magnetic field compared to turns.
        And not as much 30awg. copper wire for the secondary bucking coils.
        Will be testing with regular blocking oscillator.
        Will report results when i start testing.
        peace love light

Nice core configuration Sky!

Comment

• Hi wistiti, thanks for the kind words.
          I made some tests on it tonight and it is definitely efficient.
          However it is not showing the same decreasing of input current below no-load input current, as did the device i showed in the bitt thread.
          I will say this, it is only using 171 milliwatts and the led bulb is giving off a very usable amount of light, though i did have to up the voltage to 24.5 volts.
          However, i feel that the previous bitt type design, may be more efficient or have the potential for even greater efficiency.
          So i plan on taking this device apart and rebuilding the other design, although this time, it will have double the ferrite secondary core size.
          I will use the existing matched secondary bucking coils for a comparison.
          This is the design that will have the double up secondary cores.

peace love light
          Last edited by SkyWatcher; 12-12-2015, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Hi folks, and here is the double decker ferrite secondary core with the same bucking coils.
            The secondary core is more than 2 times the size of the primary ferrite C core.
            I will wire it up tomorrow and run some tests with the blocking oscillator and see if anything has changed, efficiency wise.
            This is closer to the Thane bitt technology, though does have bucking coils.
            Thoughts welcome.
            peace love light

Comment

• Thats fine SKY Your are such a humble man

What a break from the hard heads you are, a cool drink of water.

The configeration reminds me of KURT'S he used a darlington pair
              with a double coil primary if I am not mistaken on one of his BiTT
              demo's. Another circuit was a TL494? or a TL594 ZVS hand made
              by him for better results.

Also it might be worth noting that Kurt ran right around 3khz
              and so does Bill Alek. 3000hz seems to be a happy spot from these
              smaller coils using light AWG wire. It worked out good for me as well
              well I did the SSSG bifilar solid state Bedini using 22 awg and 24 awg
              wire at about 130-160 feet on a couple different coil winds I tried.

I have spent untold hours in front of 2 types of scopes and tho I am
              not much at explaining everything I see, I know what I am looking for
              thru trail and error/FUN Here is one I dial in for the Bedini but the BiTT
              is another wave altogether.

I have a sore right arm when i get going, it's an addiction.

The people around these forums posing as guru know it all's are
              here to get attention for their channel or influence to gain monetary
              support. Others are here to show off, as they need to be idolized.

You are none of those things so this makes you the best of the best
              research candidate for actually finding the right combination for success.
              Many men spend years at this and once they find some OU they are
              satisfied and are never heard from again. Others like Thane are smarter
              than that and at an early age give away what they have learned.

There are a few more like KURT as well. Wesley has a 3 core ferrite
              tiny OU build using the bucking arrangement I tried. It works and
              reminds me of the thousands of hours I put in on the JT designs.

I had some running led's for weeks of of a dead generic aa battery
              starting voltage .9v and went to .3 v. It still ran on but I finally stopped
              it and went to other stuff.

The ringers are something I spent 1 year on thanks to LASERSABER.

Kurts BiTT runs a 20:1 COP on up to 50:1 COP using low powered lights.

You are in for a big surprise, I was so thrilled to get OU with the BiTT
              that I was beside myself for months.
              Last edited by BroMikey; 12-13-2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Quick update on Double Decker Ferrite Core

Hi folks, Hi mike, again thanks for your kind and thoughtful words and for the helpful information.
                While making tests with the newest double decker, I tried the flip flop circuit and the input current increased under load, however, when output is shorted, input current decreases and frequency sounds higher.
                This i think is because the frequency is dropping under load, as my ear can hear the frequency drop, or it is some other cause i need to realize.
                Using the blocking oscillator, the frequency can be heard to be higher and the input current either slightly drops or stays the same under load.
                Will be making more tests as i think about which tests to make next.
                peace love light

Comment

• Upgrade update Triple Decker

Hi folks, i decided to upgrade the design a bit more.
                  It is now a triple decker secondary ferrite core and the the latest addition is large.
                  The core gets progressively larger to create even lower reluctance.
                  I removed the 30awg. magnet wire and going to wind with 24awg. magnet wire instead.

peace love light

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajay View Post
                    In one of Tesla's lectures, he describes the construction of a induction coil which is a bucking coil design. He said that the "electromagnetic fields cancel" in the space between the coils. He also said that the "electrostatic" effects at the open end were "sufficient" to replicate most of the interesting high frequency phenomenon he describes in his lectures.
                    So it appears that Tesla took this principal [bucking coils] from his original little transformer and up-scaled it and applied it to the Tower, or at least with one particular design or configuration of it.

Found within Leland Andersons “Rare notes” is the following picture or schematic version of the Tower… In this particular schematic the tower’s Extracoil is driven by the two [bucking?] dual secondary coils. So Tesla calls it “Statically Charged”.

Statically Charged:

Notice two primary coils, (or split primary) driving two secondary [bucking] coils, then both secondary coils driving one common Extra Coil. The [reflected] output of the two bucking secondary coils are output to ground.
                    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Hi folks, i removed the 24awg. secondary wire, as it did not give the volts needed for the loads i'm looking to run.
                      So i used 30awg. again, this time each secondary coil is 28 ohms, instead of 13.6 ohms.
                      Also removed some turns from the primary bifilar oscillator.
                      Been making some tests at 15 volts input and getting some odd meter readings.
                      It is barely showing any input current and goes into the negative or below zero most of the time and the led bulb is quite bright.

Running the secondary coils in series into one gutted led bulb.
                      Will make more tests to verify if meter is giving error readings.

peace love light

Comment

• MultiStrand Update

Hi folks, I have been making tests with different windings for the primary oscillator.
                        I tried a single 24awg. strand combined with a 30awg. trigger strand and wasn't satisfied with the results, frequency too low and output weak at 15 volts input.
                        Now the primary oscillator is using five 24awg. strands, one being used for the feedback trigger wire.
                        The frequency is nice and high, cannot hear it at 15 volts input and the output is great into the led bulb load.
                        Initial input current is 200 milliamps and under led bulb load, it drops to 100 milliamps at 15 volts input and to my eyes is just about full brightness and it is a 3.6 watt led bulb, gutted.
                        More tests to be done.
                        peace love light

Comment

• Originally posted by Sputins View Post
                          So it appears that Tesla took this principal [bucking coils] from his original little transformer and up-scaled it and applied it to the Tower, or at least with one particular design or configuration of it.

Found within Leland Andersons “Rare notes” is the following picture or schematic version of the Tower… In this particular schematic the tower’s Extracoil is driven by the two [bucking?] dual secondary coils. So Tesla calls it “Statically Charged”.

Statically Charged:

Notice two primary coils, (or split primary) driving two secondary [bucking] coils, then both secondary coils driving one common Extra Coil. The [reflected] output of the two bucking secondary coils are output to ground.
                          Wow that is a nice find. I don't remember this setup. Thanks for sharing
                          it with us. Also it looks like SKY is on a winning streak with such a small
                          input. You are onto it now SKY don't give up. 2:1 COP or better.

Hey Sputins
                          did you ever try any of these bucking coils? I am always open to
                          suggestions and great diagrams, such as this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                            Wow that is a nice find. I don't remember this setup. Thanks for sharing
                            it with us. Also it looks like SKY is on a winning streak with such a small
                            input. You are onto it now SKY don't give up. 2:1 COP or better.

Hey Sputins
                            did you ever try any of these bucking coils? I am always open to
                            suggestions and great diagrams, such as this one.
                            My experiments have been on hold for a long time due to major renovations and moving house being the main factors. Thankfully now my new workshop and experiments are beginning to be back in action, so there should be more experimental progress / output shown from me shortly.

I just wanted to show the ‘bucking configuration’ of the Tower as support for SkyWatcher’s thread and it is the current configuration I have going on with my own Tesla transformers. (As below almost exactly):

However I’m not going to pollute SkyWatcher’s thread with my stuff, unless it pretty much follows along the lines of what he’s doing, as I haven’t as yet built a coil of the type he as shown and built on the core material. So my setup will be shown within the appropriate thread.

Within the (Leyland Anderson) Rare notes, indeed it does show two Tower configurations. One Tesla calls Statically Charged as shown above, and the other he calls Electrostatically Charged, (which is the configuration we are all used to seeing):

So the relevance for Skywatcher’s thread: What exactly is the difference between “Statically Charged” [bucking] and “Electrostatically Charged” [non bucking] configurations? What the fundamental characteristics, principals or differences, with special attention to the bucking “Statically Charged” configuration. SkyWatcher it seems, is also trying to find out.
                            "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

• Hi folks, hi sputins, thanks for sharing and share all you want, looks applicable to me.
                              I think i have an idea what you are saying about the static and non-static idea.
                              I posted a scope picture from naudin earlier that may show some evidence of that, where the bucking coils when dc pulsed, cancel input current wise, however the field still exists and is given back on collapse.
                              I would say that is static initially and then electrostatic is given back.
                              I have been making many tests and i observed an anomalous result when using only 4 volt input, unfortunately i could not repeat the result after trying it again for some reason.
                              Output of led bulb was brighter than normal for only 400 milliwatt input.
                              Just before hand, i had been using around 20 volt input and then switched to the 4 volt input and observed the impressive efficiency.
                              Also, i thought to try AC power from the wall and used a 12 volt AC 1 amp output wall wart, only observed 6.5 volts AC output and since the secondaries are thin gauge, it dropped to low volts under a small resistor load.
                              However, i put a killiwatt meter on the wall wart and did notice the input drop a bit when the secondary load was applied.
                              Another observation when using the AC wall wart power, when placing the primary coil/core onto secondary core, it was like the primary core was repelling from the ferrite secondary core, whereas with the pulsed DC, it wants to stick to the core.
                              Will be making more tests as i think of them.
                              peace love light

edit: here is a link to the naudin bucking coil experiments. My Bucking Coils

The question is, how can the bucking coil arrangement, induce a current into the L3 secondary on collapse, if it does not do so when current is initially pulsed into it.
                              Still thinking about that one me self.
                              Last edited by SkyWatcher; 12-21-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Hi folks, thought i would share some observations.
                                This triple decker version is showing the same one wire open coil circuit effect.
                                I can take one wire from each secondary coil and power the led bulb.
                                I can then take the other end of one of the coils and attach a wire and touch an exposed piece of metal on my over head lamp and the led bulb increases in brightness, while input current lowers.
                                Also bear in mind, i have each secondary coil wound in opposite directions, same as original device at start of this thread, as chris sykes shows.
                                Will be making more tests along these lines, perhaps with some elevated pieces of metal, when holidays taper off and i have more time.
                                peace love light
                                Last edited by SkyWatcher; 12-24-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X