Bucking Coil Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucking Coil Inverter

Hi folks, just thought I'd start a fresh thread, as this bucking method may have value.

I have found that when the partnered coil wire ends, at the center, are connected and the outside wire ends connected, for a parallel wiring configuration, a reduction of input occurs when loaded with the 6 watt non-modified led bulb.
    Unloaded self oscillator input is 3.5 volts @ .7 amps or 2.45 watts.
    When partnered secondary coils are loaded with led bulb, input is .52 amps or 1.82 watts, with nice light output.
    With a 220 nanofarad non-polarized capacitor is shunted directly across secondary coil output, input is then .4 amps or 1.4 watts.

Here is the inverter powering a 6 watt non-modified led bulb.

This pic shows the parallel wiring configuration of the 30awg. secondary partnered output coils.

I'll post a schematic of this setup when i get time.
    peace love light

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
    Hi folks, just thought I'd start a fresh thread, as this bucking method may have value.

I have found that when the partnered coil wire ends, at the center, are connected and the outside wire ends connected, for a parallel wiring configuration, a reduction of input occurs when loaded with the 6 watt non-modified led bulb.
    Unloaded self oscillator input is 3.5 volts @ .7 amps or 2.45 watts.
    When partnered secondary coils are loaded with led bulb, input is .52 amps or 1.82 watts, with nice light output.
    With a 220 nanofarad non-polarized capacitor is shunted directly across secondary coil output, input is then .4 amps or 1.4 watts.

Here is the inverter powering a 6 watt non-modified led bulb.

This pic shows the parallel wiring configuration of the 30awg. secondary partnered output coils.

I'll post a schematic of this setup when i get time.
    peace love light
    Congrats on that.

What is the make and model number of the bulb?

Regards,

VIDBID
    Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Thank you sky watcher!
      Interesting phenomen...
      Wathing to see your inverter schematic. Is it a kind of joule thief circuit with a parthner bucking coil warp over it as a secondary output?
      Happy 2015!

Comment

Hi folks, Hi vidbid, not sure if it warrants congratulating, seems like something promising may be happening.
        It is one of these bulbs.
        EcoSmart 40W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 Non-Dimmable LED Light Bulb (2-Pack)-ECS GP19 40WE W27 NDM 120 G2 2BL - The Home Depot

Hi wist, thanks for kind words, I'll be drawing it tonight to share.
        peace love light

Comment

10/04!
          Thank you

Comment

Hi folks, Hi wist, here is the schematic.
            The 24awg. bifilar is wrapped over the secondary, only on one half of the core.

peace love light
            Last edited by SkyWatcher; 01-04-2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you sky!
              Are you wound it on ferrite or air core like plastic tube?
              I wonder if the gerard morin water pump generaton will act the same way if it wound in a partner bucking coil way...?
              Ciao!

Comment

Hi wist, it is a ferrite core made from 4 ferrite beads or tubes.
                peace love light

Comment

Hi folks, would like to share this observation.
                  I decided to see if just one of the partnered secondary coils, the one under the bifilar oscillator, would light the led bulb the same and it did not.
                  It drew .7 amps and did not light the led bulb.
                  However, when i connected only one end of the other secondary coil, the wire end at the center of core, the led bulb lighted to the same intensity at the same amp draw of .52 amps.
                  Keep in mind, both secondary coils were in parallel to begin with, so why only the one coil would not light the led bulb is odd.
                  Not sure what to make of these observations yet, any ideas are welcome.
                  I wonder if i take only one wire from each partnered secondary coil and connect that to the led bulb, will it light at same intensity.
                  Which would basically mean, two open circuit coils.
                  Seems like slayer exciter behaviour a bit.
                  peace love light

Comment

update

Hi folks.
                    Ok, i tried the open circuit wiring for each separate bucking secondary coil and it works.
                    With basically two open circuit secondary coils, meaning one wire end from each connected to the led bulb, lights the bulb to the same brightness as before, using same .52 amps, actually seems a little bit brighter.
                    I took wire end from coil under oscillator at end of core and other wire end from center of other coil and this is powering the bulb.
                    Any thoughts welcome.
                    peace love light

Comment

bucking2.jpg

hi, I saw this from someone claiming to power home appliances with a big one

Comment

Red from heat Green from envy

Hi
                        When I did my one wire rectify experiments I found that sometimes grounding the other end of secondary helped and sometimes helped to ground the other side of the FWBR. to battery neg or a readily available source of electrons.

Im jealous because when I was doing that I hadnt clicked onto CW CCW pickup coils. Cant wait to revisit that. Plus next time around Ill look at seeing if the secondaries respond to an LC series tuning. Ive noticed in some offerings the output coil windings are quite widely spaced perhaps to avoid excessive capacitance at higher fequencys so they can be tuned.

well done
                        lotec
                        Last edited by lotec; 01-05-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

A good source of info about bucking coil is hyiq.org - Home of Floyd Sweet VTA Replication Project

Please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-V1z2TdQJA

More info in this document: http://www.hyiq.org/Downloads/Guidel...ng%20Coils.pdf

Regards
                          https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi SkyWalker,

Note that the second induced coil in your setup is also reached by the inducer field from the primary because this field goes along the whole ferrite core without atenuation. I think this produce a conflict which surely decrease the potential output of your setup: the induced current in the first coil turns in CW direction (letīs say) but the inducer field induces a current in the second coil also in CW direction while the wire are turning in CCW in this part of the coil. I see a conflict here.

What about an aligned configuration as:

INDUCER (N) ---- ONE BUCKING COIL ---- ONE BUCKING COIL ---- (N) INDUCER

Where both inducers are creating a North pole toward each bucking coil (same inducer poles facing each other North-North). This way each bucking coil is transversed by a different inducer field : one inducing in CW and other inducing in CCW, the same as the wiring of both bucking coils. I hope to be helpful.

I have found a similar sketch in one post by Dave45 in other thread similar to what I refer (but taking out the condenser and diodes)

https://figueragenerator.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi hanon, thanks for the information, which thread is that picture from.
                              I had wound another bifilar over the other secondary yesterday and i made some tests.
                              I know it is not aligned as you show, so it may not give the same results as you envision.
                              I placed the first primary in parallel with second primary and then only used the one trigger coil.
                              It lighted the led bulb to same intensity, though it drew 20 milliamps more compared to just the primary on one half of the core.
                              I'll give some more thought to your idea and then may try that.
                              peace love light

Comment

Working...
                              X