Bucking Coil Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't charge Ni cells in parallel

You often find thermal runaway happening near the end of charge with NiCad or Nimh cells in parallel. They have a peculiar delta V profile which leads to charge shuttling (circulating currents). I've seen it happen with D cells. Pulling the plug doesn't stop it. Perhaps a fuse between the cells would rinder it safe. Be careful.

bi

Comment

• Hi folks, Hi bistander, thanks for the information.
      This is for wistiti or anyone trying out the POC charger or a variant of it.
      In place of the homemade 1n4148 diode bridge, i just used one ultrafast recovery diode, FUR460 and it is charging much better.
      Though try placing the diode both ways on whichever partner coil wire pair you choose, because one way draws more current and doesn't charge as well and the other way drops the current a bit and charges better.
      peace love light

Edit: in fact, the no-load input current is 280 milliamps and drops to 110 miiliamps under AA nimh cell charging load.
      Last edited by SkyWatcher; 12-29-2015, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• Hi folks, just stumbled upon this thread while searching bucking coils.

Cancelling lensing in a generator.

It is interesting, as he is claiming an inductance mismatch in the partner coils is what gives the results, among frequency and possibly other variables.
        Could Chris Sykes design, of only placing the primary over one of the partner coils enhance this.
        Your thoughts welcome.
        peace love light

Comment

• Hi folks, Hi wistiti.
          I tested the version i built and the efficiency was ok, maybe 50%, rewound a new bifi primary, using 24awg. magnet wire.
          Input is the same, though the output seems to be better, load testing the AA 1350 mah nimh cell will tell the story though.
          Of course the output volts are less, around 25 volts, using the single output diode, would be higher with full wave bridge.
          Frequency is lower, which is probably part of the reason for the lower output volts, however, the capacitor bank voltage is higher.
          We'll see how it goes.
          peace love light

Comment

• Quick update

Hi folks, the charging results are greatly improved.
            I need to make at least a couple more cycles to have a better idea, though it is definitely more efficient.
            Using an average 3.8 volts-125 milliamps input or 475 milliwatt hours from lithium ion cell, for 1 hour charging into the AA 1350mah nimh cell.
            Load test using 10 ohm-10 watt resistor.
            Was able to power this load for 3 hours and 52 minutes, at what appeared to be an average of 1.25 volts or around 600 milliwatt hours.
            AA cell voltage load test discharge range, 1.357-1.0 volts.
            So right now, using the thinner gauge bifi primary oscillator and the thicker, less turns partner coils, is acting as more of a step down for the collapsing spike energy.
            After a couple more tests, i will build another using the same size ferrite tube core, then i will use the same 24awg. magnet wire for all coils and make some charging tests with that.
            Thoughts welcome.
            peace love light

Comment

• Hello Sky

I spend many hours watch a scope, measuring voltages, phase shift
              and current and nothing, I mean nothing takes the place of an oil
              filled capacitor. I ran around 10v-20v and used standard low voltage
              110 AC units these are 35uf some 25uf some 45uf.

Oil filled capacitors give results like no other.

Comment

• Hi mike, thanks for sharing information.
                Are you saying i should try using oil filled capacitors instead of electrolytics for wistitis capacitor bank.
                If so, not sure if i have any of those of any good size.
                I have non polarized large high volt computer caps, microwave caps and some other various small value caps.
                What capacitors contain the oil you speak of, thanks.
                peace love light

Comment

• Hi folks, for anyone that may have built or is working on wistitis POC charger.
                  I have found, extracting the flyback from the oscillator primary coil, into the capacitor bank, using a single diode helps and reduces input current, in addition to using the full wave bridge off the partnered coils into the capacitor bank.
                  peace love light

Comment

• Tesla talks about oil around transformers and capacitors, it
                    doesn't mean we have to have oil in them but by chance we
                    hit the happy spot aether loves oil baths.

For lack of a better way to express what I mean!!

Do a search on ebay and yes AC caps running on ac
                    windings are non-polarized.Come on SKY

Good day or good experimenting

Dual Run Capacitor 35 5 MFD uf 370 440 V Vac Volts AC Electric Motor HVAC | eBay

Dual Run Capacitor 40 5 MFD uf 450VAC AC Electric Motor HVAC Life Warranty | eBay

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-05-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Just remember the warning from Konehead. DO NOT USE START CAPS. They are made for short duration use and if used in a run state will blow up quite violently spewing guts and a noxious gas.

Oil caps can be abused up to a point and still perform. They are the safe style just expensive.

thay

Comment

• Hi folks, i do recall someone by the name of 'gadgetmall' using ultracaps as receivers of the flyback from joule thiefs and it seemed to give excess juice from those type of capacitors.
                        So maybe that is what you are alluding to mike, though the ultra caps. are polarized.
                        peace love light

Comment

• Strange things I have noticed with Partnered output coils and bucking coils

Hello,
                          I have done a few experiments on bucking coil transformers since my last post, and I must say that these coils are very fascinating. So far I have been testing my transformers with a function generator.
                          No matter what configuration the bucking coils are in, they are optimally excited by a disruptive discharge. In constant wave input mode, such as the signal from a function generator, the bucking coils do not want to work.
                          The only way I have been able to achieve a good CW output is by winding the primary on only one side of the two partnered output coils (hyiq.org). My coils seem to show optimal output in this mode when I am using a square wave at 30% duty cycle.
                          However, when I excite the bucking coils with a low voltage disruptive discharge, the impulse travels right across the primary/secondary as if it was a capacitor. The disruptive discharge circuits are the circuits which Tesla used to excite these types of coils as well.
                          So I am moving away from the signal generator and I am moving on to the construction of a high voltage bucking coil transformer as described by Nikola Tesla in his London lecture on high frequency. I will be exciting it with a Hairpin disruptive discharge circuit. I will make a Youtube video of my final construction after I do some preliminary math to make sure the thing is tuned properly.

In conclusion, bucking coils act like a Cosmic Induction Generator. They seem to resonate each of the bucking secondary coils at a quarter wave length. The construction of the coils should reflect this, meaning that the primary and secondaries should have the same surface area of copper, and they should both resonate at the same frequency to give rise to stationary waves in the secondary.
                          I will post a video link when my Tesla style bucking coil is complete. Sincerely,
                          Ajay

Comment

• Hey Guys!! WhAt you thing of it....?????
                            😉😉😉🌳🌳🐿😉
                            http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter22.pdf

Comment

• Hi wistiti, thanks for sharing the pdf.
                              I'm reading and studying this document.
                              I'll let you know what i think when i'm done thoroughly reading it and comprehending it.
                              My reading so far says that some experiments need to be done.
                              peace love light

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                                Hi wistiti, thanks for sharing the pdf.
                                I'm reading and studying this document.
                                I'll let you know what i think when i'm done thoroughly reading it and comprehending it.
                                My reading so far says that some experiments need to be done.
                                peace love light
                                Yes my freind your right; some experiment must be done... i have made a "little" try of the concept with no succes.... i will try more when i have some spare time. Ciao!

Comment

Working...
                                X