Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil reversal

Hi UFO

Your waveform however, shows a positive excursion followed by a rest at zero followed by a negative excursion this implies that one end of the coil is ground or zero volts.

Can you provide a new diagram that illustrates what you have said above?

L192

Comment

• Coil Reversal

Hi UFO

So are you saying the coil floats during the 45 degree period, i.e. only connected to the capacitor?

L192

Comment

• Originally posted by Listener192 View Post
        Hi UFO

Your waveform however, shows a positive excursion followed by a rest at zero followed by a negative excursion this implies that one end of the coil is ground or zero volts.

Can you provide a new diagram that illustrates what you have said above?

L192

Hello L192,

That wave I just "painted" it, based on just ONE Terminal signal...and it is just my "imaginary" interpretation from the rotary switch behavior...BUT, have NOT done it yet in reality.

The actual signal from both coil terminals connected to probe and its ground...well, I have no idea what that one would look like...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-22-2017, 07:06 PM.
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hi UFO

So are you saying the coil floats during the 45 degree period, i.e. only connected to the capacitor?

L192
          Yes, that is quite the correct approach.

Now, remember coil has been energized BEFORE going to the 45º, and it is discharging its reverse spikes back to AC cap there, in order to enter "as clean as possible" to next voltage-current reversal.

You see, if there were no coil "idle" for at least a 45 degree...but continuous one after another signal...BOTH Reverse Fields would CANCEL each others...then nothing would happen.

Coil discharging into Cap, allows a way of previous Field to "dissolve in space" faster, so both will not even see each others.

Got to picture all this happening at 3600 RPM's...

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-22-2017, 07:20 PM.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Coil reversal

Hi UFO

This can be done with the same switching pulses, each switching two MOSFETS together one to + and one to - rails then all switches off for 45 degs then the alternate pair of MOSFETS are switched, these four MOSFETS being connected as an H bridge.

L192

Comment

Hi UFO

This can be done with the same switching pulses, each switching two MOSFETS together one to + and one to - rails then all switches off for 45 degs then the alternate pair of MOSFETS are switched, these four MOSFETS being connected as an H bridge.

L192
              Hi L192

Great!!...if you say so...excellent!!

See You tomorrow...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Being even more precise...

Originally posted by Listener192 View Post
                Hi UFO

L192
                Hello L192,

I want to be here MORE PRECISE...in my answer.

My answer before was:

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                Yes, that is quite the correct approach.
                I wrote "quite", because it is not precisely what I am doing on my switch...

Look at image below:

First off, the R Green Arrow is wrong, it should be moving opposite (CLOCKWISE) in order to NOTE what I will explain below:

If you notice, the Coil Brush is contacting the Cap segment there at the very beginning, while it is completely disconnected from Input source at BOTH sides, meaning positive and negative are OFF.

But if you keep rotating both brushes (CLOCKWISE), there would be approximately a 5-10º of contact time ONLY, to then Coil Brush be completely disconnected from coil SEGMENT.

Which concludes that NOPE, Coil will NOT be connected to Cap for the whole 45º period, but only about 10º MAX.

I believe this would be enough timing for coil reverse spikes to discharge into cap at 3600 RPM's or 60 Hertz, as Field may take a bit longer to completely dissolve into iron core.

If I need more contact time, I could always increase the separation between each two brushes into a wider angle...up to the point Not to sacrifice too much the Induction ON Time, which should be around 130-135º.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-23-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Cap connection

Hi UFO,

so looking at this from the electronic switching aspect, can I leave the cap connected to the coil, or do I only need to connect the cap during the 45 degree period?

L192

Comment

Hi UFO,

so looking at this from the electronic switching aspect, can I leave the cap connected to the coil, or do I only need to connect the cap during the 45 degree period?

L192
                    Hello Listener192,

That's a heck of a question friend!!

The best answer I will give it to you from real testing...when I have the set up running...and while reading output...see if by connecting cap fixed to coil terminals, would do affect EMF Output or Not.

It may work...as long as the cap capacitance would keep up with frequency speed, more likely a very small value, in order not to disturb the poles reversing timing (duration basically) to induce the right Output.

Normally a Running Cap from a BRUSHLESS Home Generator would be rated pretty low capacitance...that could range from 25 to 40 mfd and generator would output same way with both values...(I already tested that)

By all means, it could even "smooth" transitions...

If it works it would be a great way to reduce Input from source to minimal levels whenever operational speed/hertz is reached.

I am not too far to finish the rotary switch...just had some big time issues with one of my PC's BIOS...and stopped reading the main 1 terabyte HDD where I had most of CAD and works...thanks GOD, it was not a failed hard drive!!...I could read it and defragmented as clean it (CHKDSK) etc, on my other PC.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Probing Two Channels...

Hello L 192,

This is what I believe the signal should look like, if we set one probe on each coil terminal...no ground used.

The Purple one is just getting closer to the real way it should look, based on the ripples from coils plus spikes whenever entering Cap discharges...

As you see both On Times takes place at same timing but reversed (alternated)

Both signals are identical, except reversed...so on image there is a slight difference on second squares smaller than first, which is my error on graphic.

Again, this is my "projection" based on the rotary switch that I have built...and I could be off.

Regards

Ufopolitics
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-23-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Coil current rise time

Hi UFO

I ran a quick simulation on a 100mH coil fed by a +&- 30V supply with your wave form and although the voltage will rise and fall squarely the current will have a triangular waveform equal to the period. As flux follows current then induced output will also follow. With an added cap of say 25uF in parallel with the coil, then that triangle starts to turn into a sine. It will be interesting if you obtain something different.

L192

Comment

Hi UFO

I ran a quick simulation on a 100mH coil fed by a +&- 30V supply with your wave form and although the voltage will rise and fall squarely the current will have a triangular waveform equal to the period. As flux follows current then induced output will also follow. With an added cap of say 25uF in parallel with the coil, then that triangle starts to turn into a sine. It will be interesting if you obtain something different.

L192
                          Good morning L192,

Great that you ran a simulation on my signal...

Now, I have a few questions:

If as you said current shows a triangular wave...Are those triangles falling within the pos-neg squares?
                          I mean, does the triangles show up in the positive and negative regions?

Do those triangles have a 90º or are they like pyramids?

According to Cap reaction, I believe I answered my questions if it looks like a sine...

If We are reversing voltage on both coil ends, then current MUST reverse as well...but current manifests different as voltage, because it either ramps up or ramps down...

And yes, like I wrote before...a cap would "smooth" my signal.

It would be great if you could show a pic of the simulation about current raw (no cap), and with cap on...and voltage on both of course.

Appreciate your time on this!

Thanks and Regards

Ufopolitics

Regards

Comment

• Simulator waveform

Hi UFO,

This is using an H bridge with ideal switches. MOSFETS give a similar but not quite square voltage waveform.

Voltage in green, current in yellow.

A 25uF cap makes little difference. It requires a very high value to make a sine wave.

L192
                            Attached Files

Comment

• With MOSFETS in H bridge

Hi UFO,

Attached is with MOSFETS and also showing power.

L192
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Current Waveform

Hi UFO,

I should point out, that if the input coil is only has a coupling coefficient <0.9 as would be the case with an open core, the coil current waveform would be as previously shown. If the coupling coefficient was say 0.999 i.e. a typical transformer, then the current waveform would be similar to the voltage waveform.

L192

Comment

Working...
                                X