• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jettis View Post
    bi,
    You don’t see the image?
    Now I see it. It says

"The amount of magnetic flux produced by an electrical current flowing through a conductor has no direct relationship to the electrical energy expended as watts "
    It could be said better. He implies electrical energy carries units of watts.

In a magnetic circuit, the flux is dependent on the magnetomotive force (mmf) quantified as ampere turns (AT). So flux depends directly on current, which needs an electric circuit. As such, one might think a voltage drop across the conductor or coil would indicate power associated with the mmf, however this is dependent on the resistance. And the resistance of the conductor, or coil, can vary for a given current. The resistance of copper wire changing with temperature is a prime example. So as resistance changes, so does power. So the current is not directly (solely) dependent on power. And in modern times, superconductor coils have zero resistance, so obviously no direct dependence on power, so the mmf and flux require zero power in that case.
    bi

Comment

• bi have you watched any of Paul’s video’s? Contained within those videos are a wealth of information.
      Last edited by jettis; 12-16-2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

bi have you watched any of Paul’s video’s? Contained within those videos are a wealth of information.
        I've only seen fairly short pieces but from those he turns me off. No incentive to watch more. Not impressed. Just not interested in him.
        bi

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

I've only seen fairly short pieces but from those he turns me off. No incentive to watch more. Not impressed. Just not interested in him.
          bi
          The way I look at it is… People spend years doing research and development into a particular device and if they are a decent researcher they have figured out what works and what doesn’t, they should have explored all avenues leading to and from the device and they should have figured it out completely. Now if this researcher decides to share some of his path to success in the form of video presentation's, this is great, even if we only were to learn one thing new it still would be time well invested just to listen to that individual even if we did not like him or his presentation style.

If everyone did as you say bi we would never advance forward.

Comment

The way I look at it is… People spend years doing research and development into a particular device and if they are a decent researcher they have figured out what works and what doesn’t, they should have explored all avenues leading to and from the device and they should have figured it out completely. Now if this researcher decides to share some of his path to success in the form of video presentation's, this is great, even if we only were to learn one thing new it still would be time well invested just to listen to that individual even if we did not like him or his presentation style.

If everyone did as you say bi we would never advance forward.
            Ya know jettis, when someone lectures me, I expect him to know what he's talking about. I haven't gotten that impression from him, so I lost interest.

Regarding your last sentence, I, and my teams, over my career, have advanced nicely. A big part of that has been the ability to separate science from bs.

BTW, what exactly is his success that you mention?
            bi

Comment

• How can you pass judgement when you have not heard what he is saying, you have to hear the messenger so to speak. You said yourself you have done what is the equivalent of judging a book by its cover. It is foolishness and there is no wisdom in that approach.
              Plain and simple!

Instead of looking for mistakes in a persons delivery look at what the person is trying to say and see if what they are trying to describe has merit or not. Reason it out don’t ignore the point and hang your hat on their delivery.

How do you feel about others like Jim Murray, Peter Lindemann, John Bedini, Bruce De Palma, Joesph Newman etc.

Comment

How can you pass judgement when you have not heard what he is saying, you have to hear the messenger so to speak. You said yourself you have done what is the equivalent of judging a book by its cover. It is foolishness and there is no wisdom in that approach.
                Plain and simple!

Instead of looking for mistakes in a persons delivery look at what the person is trying to say and see if what they are trying to describe has merit or not. Reason it out don’t ignore the point and hang your hat on their delivery.

How do you feel about others like Jim Murray, Peter Lindemann, John Bedini, Bruce De Palma, Joesph Newman etc.
                Since you ask, I feel similarly about those other fellows, except for maybe Jim Murray of whom I know very little. I do know it is not a popular attitude around here, so I try just to avoid the subject. But since you ask, I answer. I consider it off-topic. I try to stick with science. I thought that was what you were after when you started this conversation.

There may be some occasions where I am too quick with judgement. I can change my mind about a person if I'm convinced I'm wrong about him. But, by and large, for topics within my realm of expertise, I can recognize bs very quickly and accurately.

Hey, I'm all for experimentation with energy, especially involving electric machinery. A lot of folks here don't have much education and experience in the field. That's to be expected. One doesn't have to know what they're doing to experiment, although it helps. I just try to assist by providing bits of knowledge here and there. Most often I conclude by suggesting they "look it up", in other words, don't simply believe me, verify what I say, learn the truth.

What's wrong with that?
                bi
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post

Since you ask, I feel similarly about those other fellows, except for maybe Jim Murray of whom I know very little. I do know it is not a popular attitude around here, so I try just to avoid the subject. But since you ask, I answer. I consider it off-topic. I try to stick with science. I thought that was what you were after when you started this conversation.

There may be some occasions where I am too quick with judgement. I can change my mind about a person if I'm convinced I'm wrong about him. But, by and large, for topics within my realm of expertise, I can recognize bs very quickly and accurately.

Hey, I'm all for experimentation with energy, especially involving electric machinery. A lot of folks here don't have much education and experience in the field. That's to be expected. One doesn't have to know what they're doing to experiment, although it helps. I just try to assist by providing bits of knowledge here and there. Most often I conclude by suggesting they "look it up", in other words, don't simply believe me, verify what I say, learn the truth.

What's wrong with that?
                  bi
                  ​​​​​​
                  bi thanks for what appears to be an honest answer.

Comment

• https://ugetube.com/watch/4b4pXFmNb8WIsHJ

My work on the Figuera device. For any more information go to OverunityMachines.com and look for my build. You might have to join before you can read it.
                    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Working...
                    X