Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V & I on scope

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
    If I understand you correctly, shunt resistor should have one terminal as a common ground by connecting to Scope probes ground and PSU negative, as the other terminal from shunt resistor to one Output terminal?
    To then add the second channel Probe trace to the other resistor terminal and also to the other output terminal?

Understood correct?
    Hi Ufo,

Here's a diagram:

So channel A is current (measuring millivolts across the shunt) and channel B is voltage. The source, represented by the circle with sinewave in that diagram, is your power supply (PSU). The ground is the PSU negative terminal. Ground is common between channels A & B.

If for your test condition the scope shows straight lines (DC) then note the magnitude and check against digital meters on the PSU. If those match then you can move the scope to the output and do a similar measurement.

Hope that clears it up.

bi
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bistander View Post
      Hi Ufo,

Here's a diagram:

So channel A is current (measuring millivolts across the shunt) and channel B is voltage. The source, represented by the circle with sinewave in that diagram, is your power supply (PSU). The ground is the PSU negative terminal. Ground is common between channels A & B.

If for your test condition the scope shows straight lines (DC) then note the magnitude and check against digital meters on the PSU. If those match then you can move the scope to the output and do a similar measurement.

Hope that clears it up.

bi
      Thanks Bistander,

Ok, I found the shunt I had, it is a SIMPSON ELECTRIC CO 100 Amps/50 mV DC.

So, according to that Diagram you are showing, we are JUST MEASURING INPUT to the Device, based on Chanel A (Current) and Chanel B (Voltage) from PSU feeding EXCITERS, correct?

Figuring -as an example- that the Motor COIL on your diagram would be the EXCITER COIL, and somewhere along the circuit, there would be the brake and make from the rotary switch where motor is connected to a separate PSU.

Then a similar connection to the OUTPUT, except that the SHUNT would be SHORT CIRCUITING OUTPUT as a LOAD?

What I think if we do the above then the real output would be shorted out by ZERO resistance on the SHUNT...while the PSU would be feeding the EXCITER COILS with certain resistance (2.0 Ohms).

And so I guess that I should connect the AC/DC Diode Bridge to OUTPUT -as well- in order to define positive-negative for Scope Probes connection correct?

When we have all this clear then I will make a diagram of the whole setup.

Thanks again

Ufopolitics
      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-13-2017, 01:55 PM.
      Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Testing

Ok, I found the shunt I had, it is a SIMPSON ELECTRIC CO 100 Amps/50 mV DC.
        R = V / I so R = 50mV / 100A = 0.5mΩ. Resistance of the shunt is 0.0005Ω. With your 2Ω primary that will account for additional 0.025% loss. Pretty much negligible. You'll be reading 1mV for every 2 amperes. Your scope should be sensitive enough and hopefully noise won't interfere badly.

So, according to that Diagram you are showing, we are JUST MEASURING INPUT to the Device, based on Chanel A (Current) and Chanel B (Voltage) from PSU feeding EXCITERS, correct?
        Yes, for the scope. Since you're using the PSU for a DC source this is just a check to see if it is really putting out true DC and those digital meters can be relied on as accurate. Once that is established, please move the shunt and scope to the output. Hook up in a similar manner to view amperes and volts.

Then a similar connection to the OUTPUT, except that the SHUNT would be SHORT CIRCUITING OUTPUT as a LOAD?
        Yes, for the short circuit test (maximum current).

Then place a load resistor (or bulb) in series with the shunt for a load test. It would be handy to get several different load points, like one bulb, two then three in series.

Open circuit output test is just the scope measuring the output voltage with no other connections to the output terminals.

And so I guess that I should connect the AC/DC Diode Bridge to OUTPUT -as well- in order to define positive-negative for Scope Probes connection correct?
        I'd recommend testing both with AC output (no diodes) and DC with diodes and maybe a filter cap.

Regards,

bi

Comment

R = V / I so R = 50mV / 100A = 0.5mΩ. Resistance of the shunt is 0.0005Ω. With your 2Ω primary that will account for additional 0.025% loss. Pretty much negligible. You'll be reading 1mV for every 2 amperes. Your scope should be sensitive enough and hopefully noise won't interfere badly.
          Thanks Bistander, all clear...I guess by testing it will tell me the best settings on the probes mV Scale so we could see a full signal.

Originally posted by bistander View Post
          Yes, for the scope. Since you're using the PSU for a DC source this is just a check to see if it is really putting out true DC and those digital meters can be relied on as accurate. Once that is established, please move the shunt and scope to the output. Hook up in a similar manner to view amperes and volts.
          Got it!

Yes, for the short circuit test (maximum current).
          Understood.

Then place a load resistor (or bulb) in series with the shunt for a load test. It would be handy to get several different load points, like one bulb, two then three in series.

Open circuit output test is just the scope measuring the output voltage with no other connections to the output terminals.

I'd recommend testing both with AC output (no diodes) and DC with diodes and maybe a filter cap.

Regards,

bi
          Perfect, thanks again for your time on this!!

Right now I am redoing the rotary switch brush pressure adjustment mechanism, since it was lifting up whenever I was close or over to 3600 RPM's, so it was not making good-solid contacts.

I am also building a much more simpler and smaller-compact rotary switch, which would allow me to reverse the exciting field coil by reversing voltage and currents in the switching, kind of an AC Sine but Square. This way the LC Tank would reproduce it at both sine values (so should be stronger)...and hopefully no spikes, cause am leaving an idle angle of "no connection" or brake time between reversals, so no short circuit to PSU terminals will take place...

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-13-2017, 09:10 PM.
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
            This is from a 2012 version of Patrick Kelly ebook, chapter 3, about Richard Willis generator and a simplified version done from a user called silverhealtheu.

"
            Richard Willis Generator

The input power supply is fed to an electromagnet but is converted into a pulsed supply by the use of an interrupter switch which may be mechanical or electronic. As can be seen, the arrangement is particularly simple although it is an unusual configuration with the electromagnet core touching one of the permanent magnets and not the other. The magnet and electromagnet poles are important, with the permanent magnet North poles pointing towards the electromagnet and when the electromagnet is powered up, it’s South pole is towards the North pole of the permanent magnet which it is touching. This means that when the electromagnet is powered up, its magnetic field strengthens the magnetic field of that magnet.

There is a one-centimetre gap at the other end of the electromagnet and it’s North pole opposes the North pole of the second permanent magnet. With this arrangement, each electromagnet pulse has a major magnetic effect on the area between the two permanent magnets

Silverhealtheu

One of the EVGRAY yahoo forum members whose ID is ‘silverhealtheu’ has described a simple device which appears to be not unlike the Richard Willis generator above.

The device consists of an iron bar one inch (25 mm) in diameter and one foot (300 mm) long. At one end, there is a stack of five neodymium magnets and at the opposite end, a single neodymium magnet. At the end with the five magnets, there is a coil of wire which is strongly pulsed by a drive circuit. Down the length of the bar, a series of pick-up coils are positioned. Each of these coils picks up the same level of power that is fed to the pulsing coil and the combined output is said to exceed the input power.

"

Look for the similarities with Figuera... All is about distorting the magnetic fields between two confronted magnets or electromagnets configured in repulsion mode.
            Hanson, you are the real deal! I did confermed the Repulsion too.

Comment

• Magnetic fields

unlike Richard Willis's device the Figueras device the fields are not distorted at all and while they are in repulsion their spin direction is in the same direction as one is increasing and the other is decreasing. the lenz law keeps the pressure between them in repulsion.
              completely different set up and have nothing to do with Figueras device.
              also in the Figuera device the magnetic fields reside outside the primary cores not in them.

Just saying.......

MM

Comment

• Originally posted by marathonman View Post

Just saying.......

MM
                But not doing...

Comment

• Marathonman banned

Originally posted by Matu View Post
                  Originally posted by marathonman View Post
                  Just saying.......

MM
                  But not doing...
                  He won't be " just saying" here anymore. He has been banned from this forum.

Comment

He won't be " just saying" here anymore. He has been banned from this forum.
                    Uhuuu! . . My life is ruined! . . I can't anymore go on waiting and see if MM;s own overunity contraption comes true. . .

Comment

• A Slip Ring and Commutator, One Brush...

Hello to All,

I have come up with a simpler solution for the ones who are making the power rotary switch...:

On the drawing above I am just adding an outer slip ring which in the Figuera case would be connected to the positive from Source.

I am currently using 1/8 thickness copper plate and cutting it on the Lathe. But I highly recommend to use 1/4 inch, in order to be able to tap some small screw to make a solid, mechanical connection. (On the 1/8 inch I had to solder it, then epoxy).

Flat alignment with -existing- Commutator Surface is very important, so setting a provisional even gap material in between, (which would be removed after resin is still in a soft "jelly" state), and just putting both (comm and ring) against a flat and smooth surface (preferably glass) is the best way to make it. And of course, you DO have to bend the elements tabs straight.

I use JB Welding (steel) and nope it does NOT make electrical continuity as it can stand very high temperatures. So, in order to bond both components may use a molded outer ring wall to shape and contain more resin at the edges.

The advantage of this design is that we would be just using One Single Brush which reduces considerably the mechanical drag from the typical two brushes system...Plus it makes all the switch assy much more compact.

I just wanted to share this method, and even though I am not using the exact design as above...I am using one, which is based on the same principle of slip ring and commutation system, BOTH in the same plane.

So, when I make that disclosure, you guys are already familiar with it...

Regards to All

Ufopolitics

EDIT ONE: Could you guys let me know if you ALL could see the image?...Am using another picture site, and want to make sure that ALL have access to it, EVEN NOT BEING LOGGED IN (Guests).

Thanks
                      Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-28-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• -> UFO
                        As I have said earlier. My eyes are open. I can see your pic. But my brain enjoys the summer holiday. Anyhow, clever idea!
                        But, but when you get OU who bothers of some small brush drag.

Regards Arne

Comment

• Originally posted by seaad View Post
                          -> UFO
                          As I have said earlier. My eyes are open. I can see your pic. But my brain enjoys the summer holiday. Anyhow, clever idea!
                          But, but when you get OU who bothers of some small brush drag.

Regards Arne
                          Hello Arne,

Thanks,

But it is not just about having less mechanical drag...but less maintenance, less worries of contact failures, etc, BUT MAINLY to RIDICULIZE the EXISTING HUGE farting machines...as much as we -possibly- could... utilized as the ONLY mechanical rotation providers so far...where in reality...we just need to demonstrate that a very small and compact...little rotary switch assy...can do the replacement of the huge and stinking machines... capisci?

Regards

Ufopolitics
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 07-28-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Twin PWM sine generator

All builders on this thread.

Attached you will find an Arduino sketch. Just rename the .txt to .ino and then upload to Arduino board. Ensure the two libraries required are present in the library folder. You will find a setting for frequency in the sketch which is defaulted to 50Hz. This is not my sketch but one commonly available.

You can use the twin PWM sine outputs on pins 3 & 11 to drive two sets of two transistor forward converter, one set for each coil. This type of switch automatically recovers positive or negative switching transients to rail, which. I am using 200V 58A MOSFETS, which in this type of converter allows the devices to be run with a rail very close to this rating.

My driver scheme is complex with individual isolated +15V supplies for 8 switch drivers. The optoisolater drive board, is one I designed to be rugged & repairable.

This will provide almost 0V to DC rail max PWM sine. One will be the inverse of the other. When driving the coils the current waveforms have a sine like distribution, as shown in the attached scope shot.
                            I only have one current clamp of low current range (60A), my others are 200A or 400A, so I used a shunt measurement on the other coil.

At the moment the switching frequency and some very long connecting leads to the coils are causing a few problems with the waveform. some experimentation is required with the minimum current, as the 30V rail currently being used has a hard time with some of the narrow on periods , to get current to rise in the coil.

A little secret here is to isolate the power supply with diodes and only have a small value capacitor i.e. 4uf, for the switches to recover into. This can raise the cap voltage to levels well above 100V even for a 12V supply. The higher voltage can then achieve the fast rise times for the narrow pulses. Anyone interested is this can find the MERS patents online. Be careful with this, as it is easy to exceed the max voltage rating of the switches.

The exciter coils are some from another project hence the low turns. The output is using a MOT coil, which being narrow, works better than a coil similar to the exciters. The exciter cores extend into the output coil and have a small gap.

This setup draws about 7.5A from a 30V supply and the load is 45W average power, as measured by the math function on the scope.

One area of experimentation would be to decrease the arduino clock rate to decrease the sine resolution. This would produce wider pulses.

L192
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice set!

Originally posted by Listener192 View Post
                              All builders on this thread.

Attached you will find an Arduino sketch. Just rename the .txt to .ino and then upload to Arduino board. Ensure the two libraries required are present in the library folder. You will find a setting for frequency in the sketch which is defaulted to 50Hz. This is not my sketch but one commonly available.

You can use the twin PWM sine outputs on pins 3 & 11 to drive two sets of two transistor forward converter, one set for each coil. This type of switch automatically recovers positive or negative switching transients to rail, which. I am using 200V 58A MOSFETS, which in this type of converter allows the devices to be run with a rail very close to this rating.

My driver scheme is complex with individual isolated +15V supplies for 8 switch drivers. The optoisolater drive board, is one I designed to be rugged & repairable.

This will provide almost 0V to DC rail max PWM sine. One will be the inverse of the other. When driving the coils the current waveforms have a sine like distribution, as shown in the attached scope shot.
                              I only have one current clamp of low current range (60A), my others are 200A or 400A, so I used a shunt measurement on the other coil.

At the moment the switching frequency and some very long connecting leads to the coils are causing a few problems with the waveform. some experimentation is required with the minimum current, as the 30V rail currently being used has a hard time with some of the narrow on periods , to get current to rise in the coil.

A little secret here is to isolate the power supply with diodes and only have a small value capacitor i.e. 4uf, for the switches to recover into. This can raise the cap voltage to levels well above 100V even for a 12V supply. The higher voltage can then achieve the fast rise times for the narrow pulses. Anyone interested is this can find the MERS patents online. Be careful with this, as it is easy to exceed the max voltage rating of the switches.

The exciter coils are some from another project hence the low turns. The output is using a MOT coil, which being narrow, works better than a coil similar to the exciters. The exciter cores extend into the output coil and have a small gap.

This setup draws about 7.5A from a 30V supply and the load is 45W average power, as measured by the math function on the scope.

One area of experimentation would be to decrease the arduino clock rate to decrease the sine resolution. This would produce wider pulses.

L192

Hello Listener,

Nice set up you have there!!

I like your two signals to Primaries, nice

As also your Coils-Cores...

It would be great if you could share with Us, your Output results, versus your Input so far...

Also would like to see your output signal with just one of the Primaries...setting both probes at same attenuation and spec's.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• PWM Sine modulator

Hi UFO,

Well its about 50W average output for 300W DC input. Those current waveforms have some phase shift and do not cancel, so a loose coupled transformer action is occuring, somewhere in the order of 5A Pk-Pk out of 20A Pk-Pk swing.

A minimal change in input current when shorting both output coils does really prove anything if it is operating as a loose coupled transformer.

I could make scope power measurements and post them but they are not even in the ball park.

I have tried shifting the sine in code, also reducing the modulated amplitude. the distortions remain although operating into a resistive load produces a perfect current sine.

I have also tried twin single ended MOSFET switches but that needs a flyback diode and the distortion is worse. Possibly a PWM system with a feedback correctional loop would produce a clean sine.

Anyway... still thinking about it.

L192

Comment

Working...
                                X