My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Here!!!

Hello UFO, and all, my laminations have finally arrived.

I had them lasercut, it was a lot cheaper than watercutting, over here anyway.

Would love to show pics but attachments are full.
    I have dropbox on computer now but buggered if i can work out how to use it. Probably Kids in preschool now this s--t.

Any way Love to all, Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
      Hi UFO,
      I cut the tabs off (cast iron) so my bolt through end plates can be moved on the fly. I mounted the case on my bench and when I turned the right end plate about 10-15deg the same direction that the motor was spinning, the RPM shot up significantly.

I found the sweet spot and taped that end plate in place.

I made the case a hair to short so have to keep it loose or it will bind.
      I tried 2 different gaskets but havn't got it solved yet.

I'm still seeing amps that seem too high and after a 10 min run the motor is very hot.

If I have more turns on each pair will this help?

I have 48 turns with #28 wire on each pair. Average is 1.5ohms.

Also I'm not seeing the relative deg of voltage on the output that you show on your RS motor. About 2/3 the input.

I'm seeing about 1/3 the input V.

Is this because of too much relative amperage?

Thanks for your help when you get a chance.

bro d
      Hi UFO,
      My 10 pole is running much better.
      At first test it needed 17v to run.
      Now 12v gives me 3500prm.
      It was running very hot but now it runs much cooler.

Can't get radiant off the input connections or from the out put.

When looking at a scope shot I can see that one could tune with a scope.
      It seems to show the two comms superimposed and if out of alignment then there would be more separation.
      The ghost spikes are very long pos and neg "She" is present.

Good learning experience. Thankyou.

bro d

Comment

• That's Great Donald!

Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
        Hi UFO,
        My 10 pole is running much better.
        At first test it needed 17v to run.
        Now 12v gives me 3500prm.
        It was running very hot but now it runs much cooler.

Can't get radiant off the input connections or from the out put.

When looking at a scope shot I can see that one could tune with a scope.
        It seems to show the two comms superimposed and if out of alignment then there would be more separation.
        The ghost spikes are very long pos and neg "She" is present.

Good learning experience. Thankyou.

bro d
        Hello Donald,

I am very glad you've finally got it running excellent...

Now...

It will be also great if you could post all your descriptions as...
        1-What went wrong the first time?
        2-Why was it overheating?...out of timing?..with17V Feed?

As also Pictures and Videos will be very much appreciated, since You will be helping others joining in...and maybe having same design Motor...

Every one of Us replicating here...is like a "Leader", leaving a Trace behind...for others to follow...so anyone that will see your set up could go through all your posted data, experiences, albums, trouble shooting...etc,etc

Radiant to be "visible" is at very low pulses...in a Neon...I have exposed Diagram on that...must use Diodes to block Hot.

Regards Donald

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Four Switching Mode, Diodes...

Hello to All,

Here I am posting the two Videos I ran today, not edited, raw, they are not public...just with the Link anyone could see them.

I will be remaking this in a better mode and edited...however for you guys replicating Imperial will be a great help and lot's of excitement...

I will go over in Detail later on (tomorrow)

SCHEMATIC

[IMG][/IMG]

VIDEO 1 (THE SET UP PLUS RUN 1)

EXTERNAL_CONNECTIONS_SET_UP_1 - YouTube

VIDEO 2 (RUN 2/ CAM FIXED ON A TRIPOD)

EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS PART 2 - YouTube

Enjoy them Ladies and Gentlemen!!...

Regards to All

Ufopolitics

Ufopolitics
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• substitute motors

Lester, I started the replication with the 12 volt 3pole motors available in automotive shops for 240.00pesos per piece, its a lot easier to do, just to understand how it works

I also din a replication with small 3 volt motors but it get destroyed if run continously for 2 days

Hope this helps I'm here in Manila. "Raon" our Native RadioShack Store also have lots of motor printer motors cost around 70.00 / piece, I think their all five poles, Might try to go there for cheaper motors. Gudluck

Comment

• Hello UFO, everyone

Been busy at work, but I have been making some progress. I have my rails done, set up the motor, with new charged batteries, at least they read full, 37 v. Initially the motor did 2200 rpm, them I adjusted, cw, rpm went up to 2900, then adjusted up as far as magnet holder would allow and got the rpm to 3400, not alot of sparking, except at shut off. it is about the width of brush ahead of bisector, next would be to mod the brush assemble to move it a little farther but, not now, it did work good though. The gen initally did 900 rpm, adjusted ccw and got up to 1000 rpm, it seems to work good not alot of sparking, but I need to spend another 4-6 hours on adjusting I could see.

I have to get a high amp dmm, I guess. My ohms are .6, for series, what was your ohms, in parallel, ufo, I wonder how much that will effecting speed?

I havn't had a chance to start on capacitors. But, about bleed resistors, How big, How will they affect what we are trying to do, we want them slow?

Dana, your motor is looking good, she's got some bite now.
              Lester, you got that looking like a new motor, holy s*it. I think i have rotors, from drills, etc, and stators, if you can pay shipping to phillipines.

I have to start working the controller too. I still have 3, 100 amp fets, but I need diodes. I found a picaxe micro but don't have a clue how to program it, yet. Lots to do, lots to do.

edit great video UFO
              Machine
              Last edited by machinealive; 01-18-2013, 05:46 AM. Reason: I see ufo already posted my question, I'll repost question later if needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                Hello to All,

Here I am posting the two Videos I ran today, not edited, raw, they are not public...just with the Link anyone could see them.

I will be remaking this in a better mode and edited...however for you guys replicating Imperial will be a great help and lot's of excitement...

SCHEMATIC

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards to All

Ufopolitics

Ufopolitics
                Hello UFO, Many Thanks for the very through demonstrations and diagrams.

I am already getting the feel of what to expect when I complete my imperial motor project. All the imperial parts are now ready to go once I finish this goldmine 400 embodiment dual pentagon asymmetric motor.

Now I have found 5, 10uF 100V ceramic chip capacitors (small enough) that I am planning to put across each of the 5 coils.

Now each COIL + Capacitor (LCR) will be PARALLEL TUNED LCR tank circuit in a way. Hope to reduce sparking at the brushes and I have been wondering what kind of effects might be taking place when say

N1-S1 coil+Capacitor (LCR) momentarily makes a connect with the power source through the MOTOR BRUSH PAIR , and disconnects

N1-S1 (LCR) (now possibly resonating at its natural frequency, in this case 2 - 3 kHz) travels on its own for a little while under the influence of various magnetic field configurations of the stator magnet pair. ( Can it gain energy during this phase, I do not know at present..)

Finally N1-S1 (LCR) makes a connect to the GENERATOR BRUSH PAIR and deposit the EM Energy.

Repeats for other four LCRs

Once again many thanks for all the very detailed and hard work.

Warmest regards

light

Comment

• Oh Well.

Deleted some attachments so could load pics, i will get the hang of it soon, slow learner.

Regards Cornboy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                    Hello to All,

SCHEMATIC

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards to All

Ufopolitics

Ufopolitics

mr UFO

this is awesome!!!!!!!
                    thank you for your kind words in previous post, however, i do not have six ufo packages, but 6 imperials found on rubbish dump

so, had a lot of "ouch, eina!!' work done to get one working......and is bussy now with this assymetric generator......this is going to be a HUGE beast!!!!

thank you sir for selfless sharing of hard earned knowledge......wish my brother was like that....

kind regard

ARCH CHICKEN.......awesome litle bugger

Comment

• 12-Pole TorqueMaster Winding

Hello all, UFO,

Finished winding my rotor with same wire lengths for all winds, AWG#24 roughly 12 turns for each pole. That's a TorqMaster wind for the 12-pole rotor. Wood slats keep the wires in the slots. Not so pretty & less than 1-ohm resistance for each pole. Reference document: ASYMMETRIC WINDING v 01 Nov 2012.pdf page 15/27

I also have some curved ceramic magnets and those will do until I can make a suitable stator.

Now to make a base for it and also the brushes so I can run it in a few days. No smoke please!

@Sanskara,
                      Thanks for the info bro. I'll run this first and see how it turns out.

@Machinealive,
                      Thanks for the offer! I'm all set for now.

Lester
                      Last edited by Lester444; 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• ???

Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
                        Hello all, UFO,

Finished winding my rotor with same wire lengths for all winds, AWG#24 roughly 12 turns for each pole. That's a TorqMaster wind for the 12-pole rotor. Wood slats keep the wires in the slots. Not so pretty & less than 1-ohm resistance for each pole. Reference document: ASYMMETRIC WINDING v 01 Nov 2012.pdf page 15/27

I also have some curved ceramic magnets and those will do until I can make a suitable stator.

Now to make a base for it and also the brushes so I can run it in a few days. No smoke please!

@Sanskara,
                        Thanks for the info bro. I'll run this first and see how it turns out.

@Machinealive,
                        Thanks for the offer! I'm all set for now.

Lester

Good on ya Lester, your'e a champ, one question if you would be so kind, is it more important to have same wire length or same number of turns,? Can't find an answer anywhere.

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Hi all

I had good results with the cold electricity coil in UFOPolitics' other thread.

Now i have to read this thread and order/rewind some motors.

So see you in a week or so !

All the best,

Comment

• Dear all,

While trying to understand how to wind a 12-pole Torqmaster rotor, I found a way to make rotor winding less confusing for me: I flattened out the rotor & commutators on paper then drew how the wires should be wound onto the poles. See drawing below.

I planned on using pre-cut wire lengths instead of counting turns and while doing this I also found out that if you start winding at the middle of the wire you must wind in the same direction for both poles. This results in a north pole / south pole for the 2 windings, consistent with how the poles should be wound. After winding the first coil pair I then checked the 2 poles with a magnet and confirmed that they are indeed North & South.

The only difference is now the brushes should be aligned with each other and not rotated 180-deg (relative to each other) but I thought that to be a minor inconvenience since I will be fabricating adjustable brush mounts anyway.

If you find anything wrong with this method please let me know.

Thank you.

Lester

Comment

• @Lester444

Hi Lester, i hope that there is no fault in your diagram because to me it's a really good way of laying it out. I was having trouble visualising multi-pole rotors and this is a clever way to look at it

Many thanks,
                              Last edited by qvision; 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

• Awsome pic, Lester!
                                Please make clear on what imagination you refer to be bisector. I had some time ago a discussion with UFO and there I learned he refers bisector stator pole and bisector of rotor half winding of same magnetic pole (i.e. N). HE DEOS NOT refer to bisector of whole winding!!! I performed static torque measurements and confirmed.
                                • If you feed current in your pic at bottom side with "+" then you have S at right side and N at left hand side (right hand rule).
                                • You start with aligning N armature of this very winding and N stator - bisectors aligned well.
                                • Then you align the brushes to make contact mid of the respective segment on commutator.
                                • Start running and aligen bruhses to best performance.

With this procedure I got my vacuum cleaner motor running well. Before I tinkered somehow confused and got it running in any unknown configuration but it went hot and had no power.

You may want to consult the discussion with UFO along his advice: from ... to

essential notion
                                Diagram with two windings engaged

JohnS
                                Last edited by JohnStone; 01-18-2013, 11:32 AM.
                                Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X