Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 pole heat

Hi UFO,
    I cut the tabs off (cast iron) so my bolt through end plates can be moved on the fly. I mounted the case on my bench and when I turned the right end plate about 10-15deg the same direction that the motor was spinning, the RPM shot up significantly.

I found the sweet spot and taped that end plate in place.

I made the case a hair to short so have to keep it loose or it will bind.
    I tried 2 different gaskets but havn't got it solved yet.

I'm still seeing amps that seem too high and after a 10 min run the motor is very hot.

If I have more turns on each pair will this help?

I have 48 turns with #28 wire on each pair. Average is 1.5ohms.

Also I'm not seeing the relative deg of voltage on the output that you show on your RS motor. About 2/3 the input.

I'm seeing about 1/3 the input V.

Is this because of too much relative amperage?

Thanks for your help when you get a chance.

bro d
    Last edited by Donald Haas; 01-17-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Just clarification

Originally posted by interdesign21 View Post
      Hello John
      no offense at all !!!
      if you look at the pic I posted, I wrote: it APPEARS to be CCW.
      In fact I think we are saying the same thing but with different words.
      Of course IŽll be always glad to be corrected, so my learning process will enhance, sooooo . . .thank you!!
      cheers
      Alvaro
      G'Day Alvaro,John stone
      You both show the correct wiring/winding
      BUT there is a difference at which way you are both are looking Here

John stone is right no matter which way you wind it the wire/rope direction it will always looks the same from either end if you only look at the direction of the winding of the wire/rope even if you flip the wire/rope end to end.

BUT here as Alvaro has shown we are not looking at the direction of the the winding of the wire but at the current as it moves through/along the wire from its input on the left to its output on the right.

Here what Alvaro is looking at is the direction of the DC current going through the wire and it is correct if you look at his Picture the current is going in on the left The North Pole and is moving in a CW direction and as he has shown if you look at it from the other end the current is coming at you at a CCW direction the South Pole
      If the current is in as you show the NorthPole is on the left and the south pole is on the right.

Just as UFO has stated many times Just wind the wire in the same direction one end will be N and the other will be S we just have to remember to start winding at the right end just as he shows to make sure the N & S are right.

So when we are winding the armature we start winding in the cw direction and when we change to winding the next pole a continuation of the same wire it only seems that we are winding in the oposite direction.

To check if the winding is correct place a magnet next to the Pole you test and touch a battery terminal momentarily remember South repels south and North repels Notrh so to test a NP put magnet NP to armature North it will be repelled and to test the SP put magnet SP to armature SP and it will be repelled.

Kindest Regards

Just trying to be helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
        Hello Sampojo,

Don't take it apart...run it...take it for a spin Man!!
        According to all your pic's, and tests...it should run great now!

[IMG][/IMG]

After assembled...it should look something like this Uh?...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Well UFO I have been a little depressed bc I couldn't get the motor to run, so I just decided to start the next one I had planned. While doing that, running into the same precision issues and noticed that the new motor body was a little out-of-round after all the handling and getting some dragging when I spun it by hand and held my ear to it. Squeezed it in the vice, and better, then took a look at the first motor, seemed to need the same. A little looser, put the power supply on and YEA, you were right, it is ready to run , turned over a bit before it ate my home made PC converted power supply. YIPPEE (I think?)

Joe
        Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Kogs Update

G'Day UFO and all other friends

To Day I was able to get back onto the internet it has been down for almost a week

Yesterday Wed 16 Jan 13 I received My first P56 Motor it was all OK no damage but I found one brush would not fit into its holder so I eased a little bit of sandpaper to ease the dimentions and now it is OK.
          The 2 End Plates of the motor Just did not fit into the Stator housing so I had to use a file to continually file around thier perimeters until they fitted just so now they can rotate easier I only took of about 1/64 " in diam.

I already have been imformed that the next Motor has arrived @ MyUS for delivery the next few days I imagine the next and last will come the following week.
          I will not be starting on these motors until I have finished wiring my 2 other motors the Scooter motor and the 1000Watt motor I should be receiving these parts Beginning of February.
          In the meantime I am trying to get my head around the Controller to drive the large coil I built to drive the 1000w motor as My original Controller ran my 250 watt motor without getting hot and I need the larger one for it.

I will keep you posted as I progress

Kindest Regards

Just Plugging away

Comment

• Imperial video

Hi All
            I did not have much time tonight but did get a short video of Imperial running on twelve volts.

Imperial - YouTube

Thanks
            Dana
            "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Great.

Originally posted by prochiro View Post
              Hi All
              I did not have much time tonight but did get a short video of Imperial running on twelve volts.

Imperial - YouTube

Thanks
              Dana

Good one DANA, thanks, can't wait.

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochiro View Post
                Hi All

Imperial - YouTube

Thanks
                Dana

Good Work Dana. Wish you all the best.

Warmest regards

light

Comment

• Hello to All,

Hello to All,

@Dana: Excellent RUN!!...That Motor is gonna sing out loud when it will be running on 36V...

And...I got a very smooth way to run this Motor...with the Diodes I have shown before...However, there is more to it, much more...

I will be making a video and some CAD related to way of connections...is awesome...We could "PLAY" with Amperage as much as we like!

Wanna it down?...Let's go down...up to 7.0-8.0 Amps...
                  Wanna it to go up?...Turbo Switch On...let's go Up to 35 Amps...drop switch...RPM's stay there...Coils are keeping the Charge...Amps come down again to 12 Amps...

How's that Uh?

Relax and take a seat...

Regards

Ufopolitics
                  Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• What?????

UFO
                    Are you crazy, no man in his right mind could come up with such a plan. Guess we are going to see just how distorted your mind really is.
                    Dana
                    "Today's scientist have substituted mathematics for experiments and they wander off through equation after equation and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
                    Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by Lightworker1 View Post
                      Good Work Dana. Wish you all the best.

Warmest regards

light
                      Beautiful Dana,

The quality of your work especially the thoroughness and patience are an inspiration to me. You have talked me into a UFO kit.

Keep on, Sir, keep on.

bro d

Comment

• taking my seat

From the sound of things you guys are talking 200% COP? Dang it. Might switch out or the RS training stage to something bigger. I shorted both these motor bodies by about 1/16", binding the rotor. magnet clearance sucks. Got some 10 pole car window motors look kinda sweet, shaft issue as usual, bigger and tougher, can take a lickin'. Want to convert one of those salvaged sweeper induction motors to a generator and see what we got. Still gotta wrap my mind around the controller concepts... But what isn't worth power out of thin air, eh?
                        Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Waiting, Waiting.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          Hello to All,

@Dana: Excellent RUN!!...That Motor is gonna sing out loud when it will be running on 36V...

And...I got a very smooth way to run this Motor...with the Diodes I have shown before...However, there is more to it, much more...

I will be making a video and some CAD related to way of connections...is awesome...We could "PLAY" with Amperage as much as we like!

Wanna it down?...Let's go down...up to 7.0-8.0 Amps...
                          Wanna it to go up?...Turbo Switch On...let's go Up to 35 Amps...drop switch...RPM's stay there...Coils are keeping the Charge...Amps come down again to 12 Amps...

How's that Uh?

Relax and take a seat...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Who's got the popcorn and 3D glasses?

Regards Cornboy.

Comment

• love the mini ball bearings

Originally posted by Lester444 View Post
                            Now look what I can do with junk: Rotor has been cleaned, shaft is a 6mm drill rod, miniature ball bearings, 2x commutators (still need to index those).
                            I'm thinking of moulding a stator out of black sand + polyester resin, 2 poles only, then wind it with copper wire. I'm going to drive the stator with constant-current, separate from the rotor feed, just to provide a magnetic field for the rotor. I will measure the rotor current separately.

very sweet looking. RS size, eh? many more poles. ball bearings, huh? so were they a tight fit, I guess 6mm ID too? Easy to get or came with?

Like somebody mentioned, I am gonna see if I can hang out at the metal pile at the land fill, to pick up some motors.
                            Up, Up and Away

Comment

• Originally posted by Lester444 View Post

There is no replacement for EXCELLENCE available!
                              Experts spend hours a day in order to question their doing while others stopped thinking feeling they were professionals.

Comment

• @Dana,

Congratulations! Can't wait for more!

@Sampojo,

Rotor diameter is 40mm, 12-poles. The hole for the shaft was actually 6.4mm (very loose fit) so I had to wrap a 0.2mm shim (medical x-ray film) on the 6.0mm shaft to make it a snug fit. Then super glue into the gap holds it in place. Same thing done with the commutators. The bearings were an exact fit on the 6mm drill rod.

Lester

Comment

Working...
                                X