This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Electric Field.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    An Observation on batteries and magnetism

    I'm not sure how relevant this is to the discussion but I just noticed this and thought of this message thread. This was observed when I had a container with 12 AA batteries of various types (Eneloop NiMh, Tenergy NiMh and some PowerGenix NiZn) that I sat down near a good quality compass. I noticed the needle moved a bit. So I pulled out the 3 different types of batteries and found all 3 attracted the North end of the compass needle when the positive pole of the battery was held over it. When the negative pole of the battery was held over the needle it deflected the North end. The slightly higher voltage NiZn's had a somewhat stronger push and pull. I also tried some Lithium 3 volt batteries with the same results.
    Are batteries weak magnets? I've never noticed them picking up fine particles of metal. I used one of the strongest batteries to see if it would pick up some very tiny metal flakes left over from drilling. I couldn't get even a tiny fleck to stick on either end of the battery.

    What is the cause of this effect? Is the compass detecting a small leakage of electrons from one battery pole to the other? A Google search seemed to find nothing but the effect of magnets ON batteries.

    In the process of trying to find out about this effect I found that a magnet like a horseshoe type will give a voltage with a piece of paper between it and a metal plate or it's keeper. I got 30 to 45 millivolts with a strong U shaped Neo magnet and it's keeper. So now I've got that magnets are batteries and batteries are magnets LOL
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

    Comment


    • #47
      Good observation

      Originally posted by ewizard View Post
      In the process of trying to find out about this effect I found that a magnet like a horseshoe type will give a voltage with a piece of paper between it and a metal plate or it's keeper. I got 30 to 45 millivolts with a strong U shaped Neo magnet and it's keeper. So now I've got that magnets are batteries and batteries are magnets LOL
      When I saw Lasersaber's demonstration video of current from a Leadskilin PMH
      I thought it was particular just to those type of magnets. But from what you noticed, may mean that it applies to all magnets.

      FRC

      Comment


      • #48
        @all

        I am starting to develop a new understanding of magnetic current over the last few days .

        It started here , as a was watching this video YouTube - Nathan Stubblefield / Edward Leedskalnin Iron coil Monopole Motor.

        As John mentioned his motor uses iron wire , how ever simple his motor circuit is it reveled that the current either flowed in the opposite direction or the iron react in the opposite direction then copper .

        This to me was really important , i made a drawing to show why .

        I even when back to Leedskalnin , and he mentions that batteries are not well balanced , i will postulate that his experiment on that subject where conducted with copper only wire and changed the results of his battery test.

        I am starting to believe that that the flow from the + to - is electric in nature , used with copper , but magnetic in iron and flows backward - to + .

        I must be nuts , now that is out of the way ...

        Mark
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #49
          I think I heard that one already.

          Tesla mentioned something about using iron wire as the secondary on the transformers of that patent I referred to earlier. If not I am sure he said it somewhere... I'll recheck the patent and other material that I have on it...

          But you have done the experiments to see if that is correct? If those are your results then is that a permeable core like ferrite that they are wrapped on?

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Jbignes5 View Post
            Tesla mentioned something about using iron wire as the secondary on the transformers of that patent I referred to earlier. If not I am sure he said it somewhere... I'll recheck the patent and other material that I have on it...

            But you have done the experiments to see if that is correct? If those are your results then is that a permeable core like ferrite that they are wrapped on?
            I did not make sufficient testing to really know for sure , i base it so far on pure observation , of the experiment in the video .

            The video was made by John Bedini , he assured that both of his coil are wound exactly alike ( copper and iron ) same circuit . There is a huge amount of deduction on my part so far .

            I will also suggest that known copper losses , and iron reputation as a bad conductor , may have something in common . Mixing both metals may overcome both problems , but even if we had those type of wire they may prove unpractical , since most of our testing device are not design to read that . Or use that type of energy transistor don't let that happen , i plan on making a JT bifillar fe/cu on a card board tube , with 2 transistor one NPN and one PNP running the wire that is phase properly for it , so everything works nicely together .

            I am waiting on the iron enamel cover wire , this is really news to me like 72h at best . But it would explains almost everything .

            Mark

            You may what me to test it first before making further assumption i will accept that , but i feel quite confident about it .

            Comment


            • #51
              It was just a question.

              Originally posted by mk1 View Post
              I did not make sufficient testing to really know for sure , i base it so far on pure observation , of the experiment in the video .

              The video was made by John Bedini , he assured that both of his coil are wound exactly alike ( copper and iron ) same circuit . There is a huge amount of deduction on my part so far .

              I will also suggest that known copper losses , and iron reputation as a bad conductor , may have something in common . Mixing both metals may overcome both problems , but even if we had those type of wire they may prove unpractical , since most of our testing device are not design to read that . Or use that type of energy transistor don't let that happen , i plan on making a JT bifillar fe/cu on a card board tube , with 2 transistor one NPN and one PNP running the wire that is phase properly for it , so everything works nicely together .

              I am waiting on the iron enamel cover wire , this is really news to me like 72h at best . But it would explains almost everything .

              Mark

              You may what me to test it first before making further assumption i will accept that , but i feel quite confident about it .
              I would assume you would want to know for sure yourself then right? Observation is the best route here. You should be doing that for yourself and not me lol. But yes I am curious if you can replicate the demo then let us know.

              You might be right about using metallurgy and mix the two. Hmmm what does copper and iron make exactly???

              Maybe this could help some...:
              American Elements: Copper Iron Alloy Supplier & Tech Info

              I'll see what I can dig up....

              Comment


              • #52
                Hi folks, Hi mk1, funny you should mention that, i started winding a copper/steel coil a couple days ago.
                I used what i had on hand, 22 gauge enamel coated floral wire and 24 gauge
                copper magnet wire, wound bifilar on a plastic former.
                I could add a core for testing if i wanted to also.
                It should be about 450 feet of steel floral wire and 450 feet copper wire.

                I can test it in joule thief mode or test it as a generator coil with 1" neo magnets passing the coil. We'll see what happens.
                peace love light
                Tyson

                Comment


                • #53
                  MK
                  the vid you posted, this is a phenomenal discovery, I don't think the realization has set in.

                  This setup opens tons of possibility's, he's captureing a negative bemf, and a negative bemf that should carry amps,and run to the earth,

                  He's running positive current through the coil, somehow the iron coil is allowing the positive current to flow, normally the current runs from the negetive post.
                  Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    This should open up tons of possibilitys for the magnet motor one pushes one pulls.

                    absolute zero bemf is a possibility

                    I wonder, do they make copper coated in iron wire or iron coated with copper wire either should work, this should allow both currents to flow in the same wire.
                    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      There's your cold electricity, there's your magnetic field in a wire, this has so many possibility's ,

                      I dont know if I can even go to work today, this has put my mind in overdrive.

                      Time for some serious testing folks.

                      You can get double the work for the same amount of voltage and amps, ou just got in the spotlight.
                      Last edited by Dave45; 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM.
                      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Hi Dave, I think I have a concept of the iron/copper coil thing.
                        Is that like a Stubblefield coil ? Does a stubblefield coil make current itself ?

                        This is all very interesting stuff. If your job is dangerous it could be a good idea not to go. Your might not be able to keep your mind on the job.

                        Seriously, i've almost had a couple of accidents around here because i was thinking about projects while trying to work.

                        Keen to hear how you go and what you try.

                        Cheers

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          How will this effect battery life.

                          How will it effect photo voltaic cells.

                          so many questions.

                          ????????????????????????????

                          I wonder if he put a copper core in the iron coil if it would effect the magnetic field as does iron in a copper coil ??????????????
                          Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I am assuming this but yes....

                            Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                            This should open up tons of possibilitys for the magnet motor one pushes one pulls.

                            absolute zero bemf is a possibility

                            I wonder, do they make copper coated in iron wire or iron coated with copper wire either should work, this should allow both currents to flow in the same wire.
                            Yes I imagine they make tons of different types of copper coated stuff. Even if they don't it would be very easy to plate the iron wire ourselves through electrolysis method.

                            I think your original idea of an alloy of copper and iron would be the best. Something hit me earlier about the alloys. What if we used an electric field to energize the alloy as it is cooling????? Not a magnetic field but just the electric field..... Hmmm....

                            I would also like to show you guys something. Since metals are a phase transient matter then it should show the same effect as water freezes. Take a loo at this acid etched plate:



                            As the metal solidifies it hardens around the internal network and kinda takes a picture of that network.. I have shown this picture many times before but since we are admitting there is the electric field this is proof that the metal is organized into this pattern by the underlying network of that metal..

                            Here is iron:

                            File:Widmanstatten hand.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                            I know this one is from a meteorite but it still should be the same principle.
                            Last edited by Jbignes5; 02-03-2011, 02:25 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                              MK
                              the vid you posted, this is a phenomenal discovery, I don't think the realization has set in.

                              This setup opens tons of possibility's, he's captureing a negative bemf, and a negative bemf that should carry amps,and run to the earth,

                              He's running positive current through the coil, somehow the iron coil is allowing the positive current to flow, normally the current runs from the negetive post.
                              I agree. A negative resistor displays this property. The University of Buffalo got excited with a discovery of an apparent negative electrical resistance in carbon fiber composites. Nuadin confirmed the negative resistance and Bearden said it was a true negative resistor. It display negative resistance across the entire voltage gradient. After reading this publication, then one should see the importance of what MK showed us. Thanks MK!

                              GB

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Sorry about the size of that picture

                                wow I'll just put the links to the pictures...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X