Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really good news

@John B.
    This is working. The batteries that we are building are getting better and better. This latest cement battery is the most encouraging and can be easily made by anyone. The one that I made out of the coke can is still working great and is at 1.18 volts now. It does exactly what you said that yours does as far as recovering after you deplete it down with a load. It just comes back to the same resting voltage. Even though it is not made right it still worked. Mine does not have as much amperage or voltage as yours and I blame that mostly on the fact that it uses a coke can instead of a BEER can. . Folks ya gotta get the ingredients right for a Bedini project to work. Anyway I'm off to Lowes and the auto parts store today to get some of the other required ingredients to build another one.

Thanks John for trying to keep the builds simple so people can replicate it at it's basic form. I understand that from here on in the project will probably turn a corner and become out of the reach of the home tinkerer. I just don't have a "magnetic oven" sitting next to my coffee pot and the special ingredients will be just to hard to get. I may have to just watch from the sidelines.

Actually the things that we have already made are pretty amazing. Ever since I started using Alum, my batteries became much better and don't deteriorate. The magnesium and carbon cell using an Alum/distilled water electrolyte worked great.

Lidmotor
    Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-24-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal Battery

Sorry I had to do that last night but I do not goof around with insulting people.

Ibpointless2,
      Thanks for the comment. Ok, I'm going to discuss something here with all of you.

First I'm not a real chemist but I do know allot about chemicals as I never forgot my training in second year chemistry.
      Here is what must be done if this is to work, the plates must be different somehow. if you take magnesium and aluminum you will get in water a .7 volt difference. aluminum and aluminum you will get .3 volts but as soon as the oxygen is depleted the cell will be useless until you add a depolarizer to it to replace the oxygen.

So here is what I will try for the group.

My suggestion is to make an aluminum electrode of aluminum oxide by plating one aluminum plate with oxide to the other with electrical current, that would make the two plates different but the same material in a way.
      A storage battery works the same way with lead acid batteries So yes I will try it for you and lidmotor and then make a youtube.

It's my conclusion that no matter what cell including the crystal cells that galvanic action continues on inside just some last longer then others.

The Casmir effect when calculated has not the energy to account for the Crystal Battery to keep it working. So it is something other then that. Now converting the inferred spectrum would account for that with the Crystals and collecting plates of different metals.

John B
      Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-24-2011, 07:26 PM.
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• great job !!!

There are some conductive adhesives that possibly might be used as a battery anode
        a wooden dowel and a brass screw coated with conductive polymer.
        I have read that liquid electrical tape and graphite (sometimes others metals)
        or better yet wire glue:
        Untitled Document
        aluminum duct:
        http://www.doitbest.com/Duct+and+Fur...sku-261629.dib
        from some of my old notes on hutchison I had fire clay furnace cement:
        Homemade furnace refractories
        encouraging to see more non-galvanic batteries
        DIY ACID FREE CARBON BATTERIES
        Last edited by mikrovolt; 02-25-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• @John,

I'm wondering if you have tested for voltage fluctuation due to temperature change with the crystal cell yet? I ask because it has been reported that with the Reid cell it did best at 90F and would loose or increase power when the temperature changed, even by a few degrees. I believe it would quadrupedal the power within just a few degrees of change.

The Reid cell sounds very much like an X axis cut crystal and how it changes it's effectiveness due to temperature change. If this is happening to your cell I'm wondering if there is a way to cook it in your Mag oven so it forms an AT axis cut and be more stable during temperature changes. Maybe on a 35 Degree angle holder?

Regarding increasing copper coil surface area in the cell, I'm looking at getting this:
          "100 Mesh Copper.0045 Wire Diameter 72 Inches Wide Screen

Thanks again for sharing,

rw
          Last edited by everyidea; 02-24-2011, 08:17 PM.
          My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
            In this video I explain how we made the Cement Battery and the chemicals used to dope it. We have done some things different in the way we made the copper electrode. The materials we used are:
            Portland Cement 85%
            Tin Oxide 2%
            Zinc sulphide 2%
            Carborundum 10%
            The Battery after drying all night in a controlled Magnetic oven
            is holding at 1.5 volts at over 100Ma continuous current. When the battery
            depletes it self you just let it sit and it comes right back and runs the oscillator again.
            John Bedini

YouTube - Earth Lights 9/Cement Crystal Battery /John Bedini
            Mr Bedini, this is AWSOME. Not only you are sharing but also showing your way of doing it which I can see right away major differences compared to my way of doing it.

I think sometimes the "intuition" that you have in inspecting, researching and experimenting is very unique and I am learning a lot by just reading this thread and seeing the videos.

Thank you.

Fausto.

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal Battery

Originally posted by everyidea View Post
              @John,

I'm wondering if you have tested for voltage fluctuation due to temperature change with the crystal cell yet? I ask because it has been reported that with the Reid cell it did best at 90F and would loose or increase power when the temperature changed, even by a few degrees. I believe it would quadrupedal the power within just a few degrees of change.

The Reid cell sounds very much like an X axis cut crystal and how it changes it's effectiveness due to temperature change. If this is happening to your cell I'm wondering if there is a way to cook it in your Mag oven so it forms an AT axis cut and be more stable during temperature changes. Maybe on a 35 Degree angle holder?

Regarding increasing copper coil surface area in the cell, I'm looking at getting this:
              "100 Mesh Copper.0045 Wire Diameter 72 Inches Wide Screen

Thanks again for sharing,

rw
              RW,
              Yes I have noticed that this cell moves around like the moon something about this cell has something to do with Gravitation influences.
              John B
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Hempcrete as a binder for concrete batteries ?

I have been following this thread since it's beginning. It's incredible how many great ideas are being put to practice. I have been researching Hempcrete the past few weeks and it seems like a natural for these type of batteries.

Hemp is jam packed with all kinds of minerals, Hempcrete doesn't just harden but amazingly it goes through the process of petrifaction in a relatively short period of time.

I have never mixed any up but I am assuming you could simply go to your local grocery or healthfood store pick up a pound of Hemp Protein Powder, some Lime or Portland cement then dope it as you desire. Here's a link to a video of hempcrete being used to build homes.

If anybody has some experience with actually making this stuff I would be great full if you could add your thoughts.

Will

Comment

• @Will,

Geopolymers are very interesting, thanks for sharing. Here's an interesting read about Pyramid geopolymers:

Pyramids (3) The formula, the invention of stone

Very interesting that the outer casing of the pyramid was made out of water glass and magnesium chloride, making magnesium silicate.

Ross W
                  My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• Private Messages

@ John B sorry to post here in this thread , do you receive private messages from this forum (i sent you a message about a circuit i want to release ) again sorry to post here.

Comment

• First Portland /Heineken battery is curing

Hi guys, My tour in search for supplies was partially successful. Liquid glass arrived and I found nice aluminum pipe, 3' x 4" and 1/8" thick -. Zinc sulfide and tin oxide - dream on. I'll order them. I decided to try with available materials and my first cell is drying right now. I'll tell you what I did but first have to make sure that it works. Don't fancy making fool of myself I used coiled copper a/c pipe, coiled inside just like John did and I put a piece of felt on the bottom as well.

Update: I don't know if that's a good sign or not but she's climbing slowly at 0.01V/15min. Right now at 01:35 am -
                      1.205V

Update: 08:30am battery at 1.221V,still climbing.

Vtech
                      Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add info, as usual
                      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• great replication

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                        Hi guys, My tour in search for supplies was partially successful. Liquid glass arrived and I found nice aluminum pipe, 3' x 4" and 1/8" thick -. Zinc sulfide and tin oxide - dream on. I'll order them. I decided to try with available materials and my first cell is drying right now. I'll tell you what I did but first have to make sure that it works. Don't fancy making fool of myself I used coiled copper a/c pipe, coiled inside just like John did and I put a piece of felt on the bottom as well.

Update: I don't know if that's a good sign or not but she's climbing slowly at 0.01V/15min. Right now at 01:35 am -
                        1.205V

Update: 08:30am battery at 1.221V,still climbing.

Vtech
                        @blackchisel
                        The cell looks good! I wonder how many mA can it deliver constantly without voltage drop, a single led may consume 10 to 20 mA, so paralleling several leds would give you a rough idea of the capacity of the cell. Anyway, thanks for the update, now I will go for my replication purchase of ingrediants

Comment

• Update on my battery

Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
                          @blackchisel
                          The cell looks good! I wonder how many mA can it deliver constantly without voltage drop, a single led may consume 10 to 20 mA, so paralleling several leds would give you a rough idea of the capacity of the cell. Anyway, thanks for the update, now I will go for my replication purchase of ingrediants
                          I connected cell to the oscillator with LED and monopole rotor. It works in both cases. Rotor runs much faster than on C-Mg cell and LED is as bright as she can probably get. This is small LED. While powering a load voltage dropped to 1.145V and after disconnecting climbed up to 1.228. Even after shorting for a period of 30s she is climbing back at 0.01V/sec. What is interesting and something I don't understand is that she bounces back but higher then she was resting before. Before shorting I was reading 1.228, shorted, bounced up to 1.269 then slowly dropped to 1.235. I repeated this couple times. Like a rubber When shorted I'm reading about 50mA. Not much despite a good beer can but I didn't have Tin Oxide nor Zinc Sulfide. I used Portland cement, coarse crushed rocks (tumbled ornamental rocks from Walmart), glass water and carborundum from crashed cutting wheel. I was going to add some glowing powder (ZnS) but when opened package it was orange not green, which is different substance.
                          I believe there is still moisture inside but it is rock hard and dry on the surface.

Vtech
                          'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
                            @blackchisel
                            My LED's need at least 2.5V so I can't power them directly only with an oscillator. I'm only getting 1.24 ATM.

Thanks
                            Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Load test

Another update
                              I connected my battery to the oscillator and replaced small LED with a bigger one. I can tune it with a base pot and get her pretty bright while the voltage doesn't drop and stays at 0.8V. I tried 2 LED's and can get them bright too but she is slowly dropping. Not much of a success so far.

Vtech
                              Last edited by blackchisel97; 02-25-2011, 05:06 PM. Reason: forgot the link

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• 2 new rock batteries and a new brew for next project

Hello everyone, here are a couple of new videos of some things John B. and I working with. To make both the new rock batteries we used 1 can of the K-W block seal and a little tap water to get the consitancy correct. the rest of the doping materials are explained in the video. The crushed Marble chip was about a 1/4 cup.

Also a video of 1 of the upcoming projects.

Aluminium rock battery built for ibpoinless2. Not blackchisle97. oops sorry...

YouTube - Calcium chloride-Sodium Bicarbonate with Aluminum Strips 24v-12v.wmv
                                YouTube - Aluminum calcite kw block seal copper aluma seal water.wmv
                                Last edited by chuck H; 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM. Reason: Aluminium rock battery experment was for ibpoinless2

Comment

Working...
                                X