Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chuck H View Post
    Hello everyone, here are a couple of new videos of some things John B. and I working with. To make both the new rock batteries we used 1 can of the K-W block seal and a little tap water to get the consitancy correct. the rest of the doping materials are explained in the video. The crushed Marble chip was about a 1/4 cup.

Also a video of 1 of the upcoming projects.

Aluminium rock battery built for ibpoinless2. Not blackchisle97. oops sorry...

YouTube - Calcium chloride-Sodium Bicarbonate with Aluminum Strips 24v-12v.wmv
    YouTube - Aluminum calcite kw block seal copper aluma seal water.wmv
    Thanks for the videos
    When I was making my cell last night/early morning I had similar idea to form some crystals before the mix starts to cure hard. I connected 12V battery through 12V 50W automotive bulb to restrict current to the battery terminals. I kept it like that for about 10min. Bulb was 75% bright. I disconnected since I wasn't sure if this will benefit cell the way I thought it may. What I was hoping for was formation of "something" inside, mainly on the copper electrode. Still not sure if it did any good or bad.

Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Nano BaTiO3

For those with the means, here is a great study on size effects of nano BaTiO3:

www.kona.or.jp/search/22_195.pdf

This study looks at nano and micron BaTiO3 and ceramic dielectrics.

Dielectric Properties of Barium Titanate Ceramics with Nano-Sized Domain

Looks like 1.1 micron BaTiO3 is the sweet spot for best ceramic permittivity: 7,700!

Ross W
      Last edited by everyidea; 02-25-2011, 07:31 PM.
      My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

• I did one battery today with Aluminum based radiator sealer, portland, Marble chips, and added some quartz (Just to see if piezoelectric might add to the overall effect). Its in a can with coil of #6 stranded wire.
        They haven't completely dried I am sure but I am noticing that pulling the load they drop off pretty good to around .7 volt. Maybe a few milliamps, but when you short them out then release the short they pop about 3 volt at (Hard to tell for sure) about 40 milliamp. Nice little spike

Is this how the Oscillator thing is working? I have been keeping up with the thread but I might have missed any explanation of the oscillator.

Anyway its kinda interesting.

The other thing that I am finding is this formula has good bit of capacitance to it. A standing battery hit with a higher voltage will go to 4 volt then drop of quick to 2 volt and takes a good bit of time (5 minutes) to go back down to
        standing around 1.5 volt. Might make a good Tesla Switch experiment.

Sorry if all this is already known. Just though it was worth noting.

Matt
        Last edited by Matthew Jones; 02-25-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Meter and Graph reading of new crystal battery

Here we are showing meter and graph readings of a new crystal battery. We are logging all this data from the mixes so we can show what is the highest power and longest running. This Crystal cell is actually climbing in voltage under this load.

Meter is a Radio Shack 22812 (catalog#) with RS232 port. You will need to purchase a USB to RS232 converter. Meter is about $70 and converter cable is about $30 at any local Radio Shack. Here is the video...

YouTube - Meter test rock batterry1.wmv

Comment

Here we are showing meter and graph readings of a new crystal battery. We are logging all this data from the mixes so we can show what is the highest power and longest running. This Crystal cell is actually climbing in voltage under this load.

Meter is a Radio Shack 22812 (catalog#) with RS232 port. You will need to purchase a USB to RS232 converter. Meter is about $70 and converter cable is about $30 at any local Radio Shack. Here is the video...

WOW

What software are you using with that meter? Can you please post some links I want to order all that I need to reproduce that test in my small lab.

Thank you all so much.

-Altrez

Comment

@ChuckH and John,
              Thank you for sharing and I have a question regarding your cell:
              Did you use alum and calcium solutions or in crystal/powder form mixed with cement and distilled water added to get the right consistency?

@All. I did a test with my cell connected to 12V battery through a load. I was monitoring voltage climbing over the time up to 10.03V. When disconnected, cell dropped down fast to about 3.8V and very slow (over period of couple hours) to 1.7V. Now she is sitting at 1.34V despite being loaded couple times with oscillator. When I reduce base resistance to the min. I have 20mA feeding oscillator and diode is blinding bright. Voltage drops down to 0.8V. When I increase resistance and keep current at 5mA (which is enough to lit LED bright too) cell voltage seems to stay around 1.15V.

@Matt Thanks for sharing

Vtech
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• another cell

I just cast another cell with Al and Cu electrodes ans portland- alum and calcium carbonate. Still wet so there is no point making any statements. I'm getting 1.189V atm.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Rechargeable Cement Battery??????

@All
                  I am discovering the same thing that some of you other guys are----these cement batteries take a charge! To me it looks like a capacitor effect just like what Matt saw. I made a second cell yesterday using the copper tubing coil, portland cement, crushed white marble, and the K&W stuff like you specified John. The cell setup ok and works but I don't get a recharge effect like my first "beach sand" one. Maybe it has to cure more.

Here is a video of what I am seeing.

YouTube - Rechargeable Cement Battery.ASF

Lidmotor
                  Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-26-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal Cells

@All.
                    I want to explain a little about these cells.
                    The cell Chuck and I showed in the video did not show any kind of life when I first mixed the Cement Calcium Carbonate and Alum together as I always check the voltage in a wet condition to check for shorts. The mix was simple but I have allot to say about Alum. Alum seems to go thought some kind of change when it is heated in the oven. It seems to not only give the cell power but it also recovers very fast in the crystal form. In the carbon Graphite Cell it acts as it's own depolarizer with the two metals at the same time protecting the metals being used. The meter Chuck and I found at Radio Shack it comes with it's own software on both items. The Battery when I left was gaining under load with the 10 K resistor I will check it tomorrow. I have ordered some chemicals that are electronic grade and will attempt the Barium titanate cells. The best part is that if you do this right you can use two of the same type metals. Dried crystal mix I find no Galvonic action at all with the metals used for posts.
                    John B
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                      @All
                      I am discovering the same thing that some you other guys are----these cement batteries take a charge! To me it looks like a capacitor effect just like what Matt saw. I made a second cell yesterday using the copper tubing coil, portland cement, chrushed white marble, and the K&W stuff like you specified John. The cell setup ok and works but I don't get a recharge effect like my first "beach sand" one. Maybe it has to cure more.

Here is a video of what I am seeing.

YouTube - Rechargeable Cement Battery.ASF

Lidmotor
                      I'm buried under 5' of snow and there is another storm rolling over right now so beach sand isn't the option atm but I was thinking about beach sand and salt deposits on crystals. I would thing that it may cause increased galvanic reaction but also corrosion of electrodes. I may be wrong but remember that beach sand wasn't suitable for metal reinforced concrete for that reason. However, I observed similar charging and re bouncing effect.

Thanks
                      Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal Cell

Vtech,
                        You need to crush the Marble chips into a power, that why I have ordered
                        the chemical grade from the Science Company on line you also can see the difference in the water glass as it has no water in it. This chemical grade stuff is very cheap. I grind everything into a power before I use it.
                        If you are going to use beach sand you must wash the salt out of it.
                        The mixtures must be very carefully controlled and measured. Also you must write down the mixes your doing so you know what works the best.
                        I'm also up to my neck in snow here and another storm on it's way 12" more.
                        John B
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Cool thread

Thanks John b for the reply(sent another message to you). Thanks everyone here , this is a very interesting thread (more reading to do on this subject)(love the beer cans idea) Jason Schmidt

Comment

• Washed beach sand

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            Vtech,
                            the chemical grade from the Science Company on line you also can see the difference in the water glass as it has no water in it. This chemical grade stuff is very cheap. I grind everything into a power before I use it.
                            The mixtures must be very carefully controlled and measured. Also you must write down the mixes your doing so you know what works the best.
                            John B
                            John I will make another cell tomorrow with washed (using distilled water) beach sand. I remember approximately how much sand I used the first time so I can replicate the mix. I got the sand on a beach near the outlet of a small stream. The beach was cluttered with all kinds of things that had washed down from the last storm. Who knows what is in that sand. At least I can eliminate the salt part of it with the washing.
                            The storm that hit you has swung down my way. They say that the snow level will be at 500 ft. which for Southern California is very low.

Lidmotor
                            Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-26-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                              Vtech,
                              John B
                              Thank you for the link and additional info
                              For my first cell I have used traction sand but I washed dirt and soil out. My first cell is sitting an 1.33V. Second is in the oven at 100F (40degC). Unfortunately just a convection oven. I'll try to get calcium carbonate around. I think they use this to reduce acidity in wine. They may have it in Bulk store where I got alum/pound.

Vtech

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Earth Lights/ Crystal Battery

Vtech,
                                That oven is fine that is what I use at home. The important thing is to grind the rocks up to a power and then add some pieces if you want. I do not believe John H cracking up rocks does anything as I have done it both ways and it makes no difference. In fact the straight Chemicals work the best so I don't believe it's the Casmir effect either as it could not power a flee up a tree. I have been noticing Gravity Waves in cycles appearing in my charts under load. This device is something more then what we think.
                                John B
                                Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-26-2011, 07:03 AM. Reason: corr
                                John Bedini
                                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Working...
                                X