Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter Lindemann View Post
    Brian,

This is awesome. I think you are correct. It looks like it will work. This is a remarkably cleaver solution. I look forward to the successful tests.

Peter
    Thanks Peter! I stayed up almost all night thinking about this one. The first 4 pulse idea was by accident/trial and error just to make it spin.

I have a variac that I will most likely use for my power supply testing. Just stick a FWBR and a large cap to get up to 72v DC. I'll try the 4pulse/rev setup first.

Brian

Comment

• Another Assumption

I'm pointing out another assumption I see flying around here: "If I take a motor originally designed to run on N volts, rip off the windings, re-wind it -- possibly in a completely different way and with a different diameter of wire -- I will still have a motor 'designed' to run on N volts."

Is that assumption valid? Is there something about the field strength of the magnets, or some other factor, that would make it valid?

Comment

• Originally posted by phil.g View Post
        I'm pointing out another assumption I see flying around here: "If I take a motor originally designed to run on N volts, rip off the windings, re-wind it -- possibly in a completely different way and with a different diameter of wire -- I will still have a motor 'designed' to run on N volts."
        Is that assumption valid? Is there something about the field strength of the magnets, or some other factor, that would make it valid?
        That a good point. The brush's may factor in but that is about it.

Matt

Comment

• I have my 4 pole running finally wound with just 2 coils with an internal diode. So it only pulses 1 time per revolution. I also have a diode on the output. I hooked a cap up on the output to start with and with 12 volts input the 10uf 250 volt cap would bounce around between 12.0 and 12.7 volts. With 24 volts input the cap would jump up at first but then come back down and bounce around between 11 and 12 volts. I removed the output diode and installed a FWBR and with 12 volts input had 12.0 volts on the cap and with 24 volts input had 22.7 volts on the cap.

I then hooked up a charging battery instead of the cap. With 12 volts input the draw was 700ma and 1225rpm's. With 24 volts input the draw was 825ma and rpms were 3100. The original rating on the motor was 24 volts, 15 amps, and 3000 rpm.

The charging isn't worth a crap anyone have any insight here?

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by n84dafun View Post
            Here's an interesting video:

YouTube - OTG- Lockridge animation 2 - DMR10.wmv

The commutator segments there are huge!!! compared to my tiny commutator on my motor. If I start with a new 16 pole motor I might have to connect several segments together like that.

Brian
            Hi Brian,
            Just to clarify, this "interpretation" is not based on Peter's work, in that I haven't yet seen the presentations he has made as I am waiting for the downloadable files.
            In fact, even comparing it to the Lockridge as demonstrated by JB in the EFTV dvd is questionable other than in some similarities.
            It is an interpretation of what John Bedini has said and done over the years.
            It is obviously more complicated that just the four pole stators as it has a superpole window coil positioned where the slots are cut, when the coil is energized it should repel the armature into the generator coils of the stator. The armature coils are field coils fed by slip rings.
            The commutator is multi segment, but I just showed the important slightly larger than brush break.
            Anyhow, I'll go back to my cave now, I just didn't want anyone thinking that I am trying to disagree with anyone about what the Lockridge was. This bit of speculation hasn't been tried yet.
            Regards
            Dave
            ps. Thanks for thinking it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
              That a good point. The brush's may factor in but that is about it.

Matt
              When I spoke briefly to the guy at the electric motor repair shop, he said that his (90V+) brushes wouldn't work in my 12V motor because of the difference in brush materials and the width of conductors (from the brush to the terminal). He implied that a small 12V motor draws way more current than a small 115V motor. P=VI roughly agrees with this implication.

Hmm. Mark reports that his Lindemann motor is now drawing only 0.8A, but was rated at 15A in a classical design. Peter's design is meant to run the motor in a different part of the graph, in a non-classical manner. The above assumptions about brushes and conductors may no longer be valid in this design. Hmmm...

pt

Comment

• Voltage

According to Peter is not the voltage supposed to be three times its rated voltage. So that would be 72v for 24v motor. I have tried readings on unmodifed
                motors, after disconnecting the power supply, and they were not that good either. I did not try at higher than rated voltage. Factors like the amount of free spin with a flywheel will play into the overall charge rate also. If momentum
                of RPM's can be maintained, maybe less input pulsing could be somehow controlled externally. This would increase the input to charge ratio. That's the
                way I see it. Don't be so discouraged.

FRC

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  The charging isn't worth a crap anyone have any insight here?
                  Forgive me if I've missed something (I haven't started to build yet), but,

a) Look at post 339 and the bottom of post 170. This is only the first step.

b) I quibble, but "charging" is the wrong word. This design reduces BEMF in the drive motor, hence, it reduces the "charging" function of the motor. (Do we know yet if we are going to attach a separate charger like in the Lockridge device? I've read this thread a few times but don't remember).

c) The design attempts to recover the input energy (but can't get it all due to rotor position changes). You put in 24V at 0.8A. That's the most you can get back, albeit maybe in a different shape (unless your motor is, also, fortuitously balanced for some SSG-like effect).

pt

Comment

• As I understood it, the purpose of this exercise was to modify a motor so that it uses little or NO energy to operate (above what it produces) but has the torque and rpm's of the original motor. When combined with an Energizer, you would then have something that could easily be overunity.

Attached are the pictures of the rotor I have rewound. The wires are not yet soldered in place. It has great bearings on both ends, and square end caps that make it easy to mount solidly. I can't wait to connect it to my 16 coil energizer, which also has a 1/2 inch shaft. My second set of brushes should be here any day and I can complete this build and see if it runs.
                    Last edited by Turion; 04-20-2012, 03:12 PM.
                    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Originally posted by pault View Post
                      Forgive me if I've missed something (I haven't started to build yet), but,

a) Look at post 339 and the bottom of post 170. This is only the first step.

b) I quibble, but "charging" is the wrong word. This design reduces BEMF in the drive motor, hence, it reduces the "charging" function of the motor. (Do we know yet if we are going to attach a separate charger like in the Lockridge device? I've read this thread a few times but don't remember).

c) The design attempts to recover the input energy (but can't get it all due to rotor position changes). You put in 24V at 0.8A. That's the most you can get back, albeit maybe in a different shape (unless your motor is, also, fortuitously balanced for some SSG-like effect).

pt
                      I realize that this is just step one of the build. I "assumed" that some charging would take place due to the capturing of the colapsing magnetic field that should step up the voltage. I also "assumed that when running 24 volts that I would be able to "capture" some of that voltage and send it to a 12 battery and get some charging but that also is not really occuring.

I don't believe that my motor is operating with all the characteristics we are looking for.

I'll wait for futher instructuions on the next steps from Peter.

Comment

• Well here is a little bit of enlightenment from the zig zag design.

I still have my discharge brush's 90 degrees from my run brush's

I have been progressing in the level of voltage that I am running. At 48 volt (4 batts in serial) My motor run at .25 amp. 12 watts.
                        The recovery is returning 13.5 v and 1.5 amps AC. 20.25 watts But thats free wheeling on the voltage. It does also light up a 12 v 1 amp bulb very well and allows the bulb to pull .98 amps, while leaving 4 volt at the source.
                        Now thats the very simple way to measure. If you looked at pulse duration and recovery pulse duration (Or total energy over TIME) you may not come up with those same numbers but.... I would have to say this is encouraging.

Pay attention to one thing when you test. The motors amperage goes down the higher the voltage. If anybody still is running the zig zag.

If the motor were now driving say 100 volt .25 amp generator with the assistants of a flywheel and you serialized the output of the motor with the out put of the generator. out of sequence with the motor pulse. Well you might start doing something.

But we'll have to see.

After I move my brush's I'll step up the voltage to 96 and see what come of it. After all I got a a few motors to burn.

Matt

Comment

• Let me add one more thing to this.

If you make a voltage booster circuit to pull your voltage from a 12 volt battery at 2 amp. Then dump that to capacitor at around 60 volt you'll have .4 amp available to you in the cap. that should be enough to run the motor. Then you can feed your output back to the front of the booster and reduce your overall load, and leave ya torque to do what you what you want with.

Cheers
                          Matt

Comment

• Awesome Matt!

Two questions, if your recovery brushes are still 90 away how are you getting any voltage out of them? And are you hooking that 12 volt bulb directly up to AC output?

Comment

• I suspect most of the power coming from the output is generated.

And it will probably increase with a flywheel.

The motor has a diode in it to prevent it from firing at the 180 degree mark. But still puts out AC because of the N-S config of the motor. And YES I just hooked the bulb up directly to the output. Bulbs don't care which way the current goes.

Matt

Comment

• Matt

Have you thought about just adding 2 more brushes to catch the spike and having 2 outputs?

Comment

Working...
                                X