No announcement yet.

Self running coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Leave it to luc Well i have no idea how its charging the cap, very interesting. I do have my own opinions about why the magnets are necessary. I dont think the energy is coming from the magnets. And i dont think it has to do with the inductance, but obviously inductance is important for the resonant condition. I think it has to do with setting the flux circulating in the core back to zero after the pulse is shut off. Thats why ive never been the biggest supporter of using toroids for dc applications, the mags are required to collapse the field all the way, and i think you have used the mags to tuned it to the sweet spot of the core. I suspect that the higher the voltage on the caps, the more out of tune it will become. I think it should be possible to do the same thing by using a flyback core and adjusting the core gap. But you found a way to tune the toroid so apparently that works too. Cant wait to see where this one goes, great work!

Cody

Comment

The 2.8V limiting is explained by the drain-source capacitance change vs drain-source DC voltage: if the voltage is increased the capacitance decreases, hence the resonant frequency of the LC circuit created would also change. But because the input frequency does not change from the 555, the voltage on the drain side should stay where is was earlier, if it is changed by force from outside for instance then the drain-source capacitance would also change so the parallel LC resonance high impedance would suffer where the max voltage come from.

Gyula

Comment

Originally posted by gyula View Post
        The 2.8V limiting is explained by the drain-source capacitance change vs drain-source DC voltage: if the voltage is increased the capacitance decreases, hence the resonant frequency of the LC circuit created would also change. But because the input frequency does not change from the 555, the voltage on the drain side should stay where is was earlier, if it is changed by force from outside for instance then the drain-source capacitance would also change so the parallel LC resonance high impedance would suffer where the max voltage come from.

Gyula
        I think I somewhat follow what you are saying here. Would you say then that even with a number of component changes to balance out other changes that it might or might not be possible to create a circuit doing this same effect but at a higher voltage - say 12 volts? I guess I always try to think in terms of what can be real world useful. Of course even if it is held to around 2.8 volts if you can get enough current out of it than a voltage boost or multiplier circuit will take care of making it real world useful.
        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
          I think I may have everything except I'm not sure what the small cap is in the breadboard by the Mosfet.
          Hi ewizard,

the small cap is the capacitance for the 555 timer for desired frequency range.

I have it set up this way so I can easily change that parameter.

Luc

Comment

luc,
            you always come up with the most interesting experiments. your a star. thanks for always showing these.

Comment

Originally posted by gotoluc View Post
              Hi ewizard,

the small cap is the capacitance for the 555 timer for desired frequency range.

I have it set up this way so I can easily change that parameter.

Luc
              Thanks Luc, I've ordered a couple IRF640's and intend to try this circuit as soon as I can get the time. I found this video that may have some relevance here as well as being very interesting in itself. What struck me was the concept that the pulsing in the coil may be altering the flux field in the neo magnets and then as the coil power goes off briefly the flux bounces back thus generating some power. This may have already been stated here in other terms that I didn't understand. I see it now though as a possible way that power is being generated here I think.
              Here's the vid: YouTube - Free Energy - Power Generator
              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

LUC,

thanks for the extra tests

attatched is a circuit i collected on my travels....it would use your sig gen as opposed to the 555 though...

Hope this helps
                Last edited by rave154; 07-30-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gotoluc View Post
                  using MOSFET... IRF840 works but not quite as good as the IRF640
                  Excellent Demo.

IRF640 ... 18A, 200V, 0.180 Ohm, N-Channel Power MOSFET

IRF840 ... 08A, 500V, 0.850 Ohm, N-Channel Power MOSFET

- Schpankme

Comment

. I see it now though as a possible way that power is being generated here I think.
                    Here's the vid: YouTube - Free Energy - Power Generator
                    This forum goes in cycles, as once a member told me. This youtube arrangement is basically MEG's one and there is not any FE about it.

I explain. In theory this setup could work. Actually and in practice, it could redirect the magnetic field of the permanent magnets over the receiving coils and thus multiply their incoming flux.
                    BUT, this works as long as the pick-up coils are not powering any load. As they do, they develop a counter B-flux to the L1 coil manipulating B-flux and they neutralize its (L1) action.

In other words the magnetic impedence rises on the receiving part and stops PM flux going that way. Actually as i see it, it can only extract as much energy as it is injected to L1 manipulating coil minus losses.

Comment

I think I somewhat follow what you are saying here. Would you say then that even with a number of component changes to balance out other changes that it might or might not be possible to create a circuit doing this same effect but at a higher voltage - say 12 volts? I guess I always try to think in terms of what can be real world useful. Of course even if it is held to around 2.8 volts if you can get enough current out of it than a voltage boost or multiplier circuit will take care of making it real world useful.
                      @ewizard

At the ou forum Magluvin suggested Luc use a series 10 kOhm resistor between the output of the 555 and the MOSFET gate, to see if the energy to the toroidal coil comes from that direction. Luc answered:
                      "Well, it's no go with the 10K resistor on the 555 output and the mosfet gate :P
                      Back to the drawing board ;D
                      Luc"

To answer your question above: as soon as you solve the 'problem' of the decreasing drain-source capacitance change in function of the drain-source voltage change and this way you can keep the output LC circuit at resonance too, then you may use higher voltages.

The circuit Luc built boils down to a resonant LC tank circuit which is 'kicked' at a regular pace from a 555 pulse generator. The operation is a bit difficult to understand because the C in the tank is composed from the MOSFET (voltage-dependent) output capacitance and the L is the magnet-tunable toroidal coil. If you change drain-source voltage, you change the C which detunes the LC resonant frequency. If you compensate this 'detuning' by retuning the input pulse frequency, it sounds fine up to a certain (narrow) frequency range. Luc wrote on this:
                      "I did experiment with changing the frequency as the voltage rises some days ago. The best score was 2.83vdc. Anything higher than that it starts to consume current from the cap bank no matter how much tuning I do.
                      I wish it was not so but it is."

The limiting factor is matching the used components in a circuit where the main component: the MOSFET changes its inter-electrode capacitances whenever voltage levels change and at the same time the MOSFET is an active part of the tank as being the C member of it.

rgds, Gyula

Comment

Imho you are right about MOSFET capacitance and if that changed relating to voltage then it's actually an embodiment of something important.
                        LC circuit with non-rigid elements.The electric energy can flow infinitely here.
                        If that is what I think then driving mosfet throught optocoupler it will work also and surely will be the proof.
                        Can you get zener diode and led to check if there is a current in capacitor ? Once the voltage climb to 2.5V the zener should pass current and light the led. Would be hard to get led for so small voltage though, maybe JouleThieft circuit is needed.
                        I think those are is very important experiments going on ! Thank you gotoluc !
                        Parametrical oscillator.

Comment

free energy Steven Mark solid state generator video 2

Comment

LUC

i have replicated your setup as best i can, using my 494 pwm since it has independant freq & duty adjustment...

i have "kind of" got where you are.in terms of.when the batt is connected.....its voltage raises ( charges? )....however...i cannot get to where you are when you discomnnect the battery.and maintain and even increase the voltage on the cap......my Q...

how did you asceratin the correct freqeuncy & duty ( & position of mag )

three variables there....how on earth did you stumble onto the right set of three?

i have scanned through the frequencys and "kind of" found a decent spot as described above......but it seems like looking for a piece of straw in a giant stack of needles

p.s my toroid is of a similar size and cosntrution as yours.and im using a single 10mm dia x 5mm thick disc neo ( N38 i belive )

p.p.s... as for the magent......does the effect still show....if you leave everything the same..and reverse the magnet?
                            Last edited by rave154; 03-14-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to run your 555
                              from the capacitor bank?

Nice Work

Comment

Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
                                This forum goes in cycles, as once a member told me. This youtube arrangement is basically MEG's one and there is not any FE about it.

I explain. In theory this setup could work. Actually and in practice, it could redirect the magnetic field of the permanent magnets over the receiving coils and thus multiply their incoming flux.
                                BUT, this works as long as the pick-up coils are not powering any load. As they do, they develop a counter B-flux to the L1 coil manipulating B-flux and they neutralize its (L1) action.

In other words the magnetic impedence rises on the receiving part and stops PM flux going that way. Actually as i see it, it can only extract as much energy as it is injected to L1 manipulating coil minus losses.
                                baroutologos, Thank you for letting me know about that one. I had assumed since it was up on youtube for almost 11 months that someone would have been on to it by now if it was a working idea. It sounds good in theory anyway but theory doesn't always equate to real world usable.

Comment

Working...
                                X