Self running coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inductive capacitance.

I just read that "Negative Henries" is capacitance. There is no such thing as "Inductive Capacitance"; A measure of the electrical charge an inductor can store should be evaluated in terms of inductance and magnetic field strength, not Farads and voltage.

These terms are not really technically inter-changeable, but are in common use. Dr. Dragone measured the electrical power stored in a permanent magnet by equaling the field strength with an electro-magnet and multiplying it's power consumption by the lifetime of the permanent magnet. The result is in megawatts of (Capacitence)?

Negative Henries have to be measured in units of magnet strength, not storage of electrical charge. It's very wrong and confusing for people to refer to NMH's in terms of electrical charge capacitance, and not Gauss Oersted's
    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-15-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Bifilar magnet inductance.

I wound the bifilar, 6 milli henries exactly, and was surprised to not register even so much as 1 negative milli Henry when I inserted the powerful 3/4" diametric neo tube into the core. Inductance in the 4.8 Ohm bifilar, is exactly the same with the powerful magnet in the core as it is without it.

Negative micro Henries are apparently only available when a permeable ferrite core is present along with the magnet. The magnet alone won't produce any. However, this does not mean the powerful permanent magnet field penetrating the bifilar coil windings doesn't have an oscillating field generating potential. My earlier testing proves it does!
      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-15-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Masking field.

Art Porter's GAP coil generates a masking field. I believe that equaling the permanent magnet core strength with the electro-magnetic coil field sets the same condition up that Gotoluc matches by generating "Negative Micro Henries" in balance. I'm covering old ground here because I already generated power with P.M. coil field suppression and resurgence this way in my Dragone video to demonstrate the effect.

The power stored in the capacitor, read by the multi meter, is generated by the returning field of the permanent discs after being driven out by the electro-magnetic coil field. All it takes to balance the fields is to turn the D.C. power up on the coil untill the top disc magnet releases it's attraction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPKO9qSfGk
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 03-15-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Pulsing the magnet core bifilar.

I'm set up to pulse the 10 henry coil; However I plan to first pulse my newly wound, 6mH diametric neo tube magnet core bifilar, with Gotoluc's circuit. The orange bobbin magnet core bifilar coil's pictured sitting on top of the 10 Henry coil below along with my new LCF meter to the right, capacitor diode, and PWM:
          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X