Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
    btw can katcher work with ferrite core flyback ???? I need katcher type cold electricity but lower voltage and as little power draw from battery as possible... something which could ideally run on 9V battery and still produce at least 3kV output
    Of course!
    See Ganzha post above .

Sergey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
      hey mr clean, using the transistors like this for an oscillator is a trip dude.

Here's a video of my ground signal. I wrote a description for the vid.
      ground wave 50 Hz small.wmv - YouTube

The ground signal is 50 Hz but the circuit oscillates at 2.3 kHz which must be
      the resonant frequency of something because I get a sharp sine wave on the
      scope with the probe in free air at 2.3kHz, mine uses some power I can see
      on the meter but I don't have the load arrangement you have, there is HV at
      the HV terminal of the Ignition coil And I can draw an arc from the battery
      positive terminal with it, but it snuffs the circuit sometimes, holding a 1mm or
      so arc it uses about 600 - 800 mA, I don't have a pair identical transformers
      at the moment they are all packed away.

I started up my 240 AC supply transformer with the neutral connected to
      ground and set it to 150 Hz, 3 x 50Hz and nothing much extra showed on the
      scope
      but the supply transformer uses a bit less power at 150 Hz looks like. I was
      hoping it would enhance the ground signal.

Any way I like it, I can try some idea's with this. Thanks.

Oh, I'm not sure but a regular grounded scope might not show the oscillation
      or stop it so I just used the little isolated one.

Its great to hear you say that man, you know your stuff, yes when i first came across this design idea, i ran it thru 2 Imhotep lights AND a spark gap...then running back to its own positive, with an antenna wire on neg terminal, it went from 12.08v and after 3 days it was 12.31v ...and it held...

BUT removing the load or sparkgap would "snuff"it out as you said

dont worry about self-running just yet, that will come to us, but do use one up coil and one down coil, and then no matter what condition the output coil + - is in (open, full load or shorted together) will not phase the input.

Just watch out not earth ground the load, AMPS will come flying at ya, but as much virtual ground (ie air or long length of wire) will help brightness, as much virtual ground can be used as possible without raising current draw.
      JUST add the antennas after you jump-start it, any grounding other than base will surge current to ground, so add the virtual grounding after its running, and watch current draw as you add antennas, you could keep adding air grounding until you notice it is drawing something

But DO earth ground the base! very stable operation.

BTW,,, its been on for a few days now, but i want to do more experiments, HOW LONG OF A TEST RUN TIME IS ADEQUATE ??
      Last edited by mr.clean; 05-02-2012, 09:26 PM.
      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
      In the expert's mind there are few.
      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• mr.clean

Can you run it on 9V battery or two ? Running it on car battery would not end this year probably....
        Can you describe what is ground in you circuit ? water pipe ? radiator ?

Comment

• Originally posted by usu View Post
          Of course!
          See Ganzha post above .

Sergey.
          Thank you. do I need RF filter toroid to run it on 12V ? KT805 can be replaced by MJE13009 ? with tv flyback what about connection to base of transistor ?
          do you have schematic how to use katcher with tv flyback ?

Comment

• F****n JACKPOT

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
            Hi folks, Hi mr clean, thanks for sharing your setup, i watched the videos.
            Have you tried anything other than car coils?
            I was thinking maybe regular transformers rewired for higher voltage might work also, as I have plenty of those laying around i could rewire to test this out.
            Thanks.
            Also, does anyone know the watt hours equivalent of the 12 volt 1 farad capacitor bank that mr clean showed in one his videos, thanks.
            Anyone have any ideas why mr cleans setup seems to be so efficient.
            peace love light
            tyson
            AWESOME idea man, do it! the ignition coils were just convenient as they are contained and such... but a better core able to go up toward 100Mhz and withstand 24, or higher voltage input would ONLY be better in every way.

NoMorePetro on youtube kindly wrote this...
            1F x .5 x 12 V squared divided by 3 Watts gives you 24 seconds
            and it went for 208 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
            The issue is that the bulbs go forever, so i did a 1 minute run time, and checked brightness at end of 1 minute running on a 1 farad cap....

Guess what the results were....
            Last edited by mr.clean; 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM.
            In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
            In the expert's mind there are few.
            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• mr.clean,

Can you confirm this is the way you have your circuit wired?

I got in my new ferrite cores and bobbins that laser saber posted today

I will be winding those coils hopefully tomorrow.
              Attached Files
              Rick

Comment

• Kacher evident OU Эксперимент (Эффект качера) - YouTube and compare how SIMILIAR to mr clean circuit !!!!!!!
                That's the circuit I NEED

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                  AWESOME idea man, do it! the ignition coils were just convenient as they are contained and such... but a better core able to go up toward 100Mhz and withstand 24, or higher voltage input would ONLY be better in every way.

NoMorePetro on youtube kindly wrote this...
                  1F x .5 x 12 V squared divided by 3 Watts gives you 24 seconds
                  and it went for 208 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
                  Have you tried another current meter to measure input ?

I think your meter must be broken, can you try another one and show the
                  input then ? I'm not complaining but it might pay to check, just to be sure.
                  I have an analogue current meter that won't react until about 400 mA is
                  flowing through it so it gives "under readings" it is damaged by shorting I think,
                  I could demonstrate it when i find it.

I think your basing calculations on assumed levels of output power as well. Did
                  you measure the load power. Use the same meter for that if you only have
                  one, you could take it off the input and put it on the output.
                  I'm not making any accusatons or anything I just think you should double check is all.

Also can you scope the ground lead to the transistor base unconnected ?

Here's the one I made with a waveform between the Earth and the battery
                  negative. I don't have any load to measure the power of. But mine does use a
                  very small amount of power with no load. Right at the beginning we can see
                  what happens when a person really gets a shock, the spark to my fingertip
                  can be seen. I thought I would leave that in there for a laugh.

Darlington pair oscillation wave form..wmv - YouTube

Cheers

I'm having trouble understanding why no one else has asked you to try a
                  different current meter. It can't hurt to check. You could check the meter by
                  using it to measure a known current like a 12 volt bulb that uses 500 or 600 mA.

Last edited by Farmhand; 05-02-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• standard ignition coil

Here is some info on standard automotive ignition coil.

The ignition coil is nothing more that an electrical transformer. It contains both primary and secondary winding circuits. The coil primary winding contains 100 to 150 turns of heavy copper wire. This wire must be insulated so that the voltage does not jump from loop to loop, shorting it out. If this happened, it could not create the primary magnetic field that is required. The primary circuit wire goes into the coil through the positive terminal, loops around the primary windings, then exits through the negative terminal.
                    The coil secondary winding circuit contains 15,000 to 30,000 turns of fine copper wire, which also must be insulated from each other. The secondary windings sit inside the loops of the primary windings. To further increase the coils magnetic field the windings are wrapped around a soft iron core. To withstand the heat of the current flow, the coil is filled with oil which helps keep it cool.
                    The ignition coil is the heart of the ignition system. As current flows through the coil a strong magnetic field is built up. When the current is shut off, the collapse of this magnetic field to the secondary windings induces a high voltage which is released through the large center terminal. This voltage is then directed to the spark plugs through the distributor.
                    Attached Files
                    Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                      Have you tried another current meter to measure input ?

I think your meter must be broken, can you try another one and show the
                      input then ? I'm not complaining but it might pay to check, just to be sure.
                      I have an analogue current meter that won't react until about 400 mA is
                      flowing through it so it gives "under readings" it is damaged by shorting I think,
                      I could demonstrate it when i find it.

I think your basing calculations on assumed levels of output power as well. Did
                      you measure the load power. Use the same meter for that if you only have
                      one, you could take it off the input and put it on the output.
                      I'm not making any accusatons or anything I just think you should double check is all.

Also can you scope the ground lead to the transistor base unconnected ?

Here's the one I made with a waveform between the Earth and the battery
                      negative. I don't have any load to measure the power of. But mine does use a
                      very small amount of power with no load. Right at the beginning we can see
                      what happens when a person really gets a shock, the spark to my fingertip
                      can be seen. I thought I would leave that in there for a laugh.

Darlington pair oscillation wave form..wmv - YouTube

Cheers

I'm having trouble understanding why no one else has asked you to try a
                      different current meter. It can't hurt to check. You could check the meter by
                      using it to measure a known current like a 12 volt bulb that uses 500 or 600 mA.

I agree, it is always good to double check your equipment. I didn't ask because I just assumed he did. You know what happens when we assume?
                      It ends up making an ASS of U and ME. lol
                      Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by dyatronn View Post
                        Всем привет, вы меня конечно, извините.....
                        но, Зилано дурит Вас......, я в английцском языке не силен, но у зелины нет и ничего*быть не может, - это все обман.!!!! !!!!!!
                        Это поиск лохов....

Dynatron
                        Anyone can make any accusation, but without evidence, that is all it is.
                        Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
                          I have been devoted past week at studying Donanld Smith's devices and theories.
                          This man seems serious and claims that overunity or an extraordinary energy gain can be achieved with moderate means.

One device illustrated, and as claime, it was presented at a Tesla symposium, it was the image below.

Don Smith claims that a high frequency alternating current could be modified in frequency by the application of a resistor, a capacitor or perhaps a coil (choke) wired in parallel to the initial HF source.

Does it tell anything to anyone that? Is it makes any sense? That illustration uses a 12 volt powered Neon Sign Transfromer to charge 8000uF caps at 400 volts or so.

LOL? how the... can it be? Is the man heavily miscalculating or is there any explaination to this?

Baroutologos

My friend if its true you'd see it on the market RIGHT NOW being used. Other than that its all BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                            If it's the dynatron with the Don Smith replication then
                            he's been working on this stuff for quite a while. And has put considerable effort
                            into a very good replication of Don's device. But I think it still under performs as
                            to what Don claimed despite Dyatronn's fine efforts.

Is Dyatronn making an accusation or a statement ? I don't get a very good
                            translation.

Comment

• Oh, she's back, i'll get first row

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                              And "without evidence" all her statements just a farce.
                              Or we ask too much? Just show your "using" device and teach us as much as you wish, we all ears.
                              Changing others schematic don't do any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hiops View Post
                                Почему не может быть?
                                I am agree with Dynatron! Dynatron is famous russian inventior, he sucessfully relpicated Don Smit Device already!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X