Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Mr.Clean,

I would like to ask you something about your LMD replication, What wire size did you use for your coils, and did you use ferrite cores? Your replication looks promising as does Naudin's power in-out graph It seems to be something that could give quite some output if enough modules are put in series? I envision a HV FWBR to cap on the output, and then a step down transformer?

regards,
    Mario

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobby Eon View Post
      Did you watch the D Smith dvd ?
      Hi Hobby Eon

on which DVD you refer?

Inventors Weekend 2005 - DVD 1
      Inventors Weekend 2005 - DVD 2
      or
      The Don Smith Energy Device - DVD
      or the
      Zero Point Entertainment Interview

Originally posted by Hobby Eon View Post
      Put your schematic here and tell us how you think it works and we will comment..!

Best Regards
      ctbenergy
      Last edited by ctbenergy; 06-18-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Magnacoster Special

Originally posted by janost View Post
        This is what I will try first on my diamagnet coil.
        A relay ticker.
        These types of coils tend to kill mosfets until you have control over it.

When the relay is deactivade, the relaycoil gets power through the coil.
        When the relaycontacts hit, the relaycoil gets shorted and the coil is across the battery.

The relay releases and the coil rings down through the capacitor.
        And the process repeates
        Hi Janost,

I am very interested in your Magnacoster Setup.Could you post a schematic.I would love to join in with this replication.

Have you seen this one? TROS MAGNACOASTER -- "motionless" - YouTube

Thanks man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
          Hi Janost,

I am very interested in your Magnacoster Setup.Could you post a schematic.I would love to join in with this replication.

Have you seen this one? TROS MAGNACOASTER -- "motionless" - YouTube

Thanks man.
          The schematics are posted just above this post.

I've made the coil in 2 variants:

The first one has a primary and secondary winding, 25turns, on a 40mm long, 5mm dia ferrite rod.
          On one end there is a refridgeratormagnet glued to the ferriterod.
          on the other end another equal magnet with a 10mm gap to the ferrite.
          The magnets are mounted North to Northpole, against each other.

The other one has has the same magnets on a 15mm long hollow ferrite, 10mm dia and 35turns.
          Here the magnets are both glued straigth to the ferrite without a gap but still North to North against each other.

Comment

• Magnacoster Special II

The schematics are posted just above this post.

I've made the coil in 2 variants:

The first one has a primary and secondary winding, 25turns, on a 40mm long, 5mm dia ferrite rod.
            On one end there is a refridgeratormagnet glued to the ferriterod.
            on the other end another equal magnet with a 10mm gap to the ferrite.
            The magnets are mounted North to Northpole, against each other.

The other one has has the same magnets on a 15mm long hollow ferrite, 10mm dia and 35turns.
            Here the magnets are both glued straigth to the ferrite without a gap but still North to North against each other.
            Thanks for the lead.But, I don't see the schematics you are referring to.The time draws near for me to get my hands "dirty" again.

I am making up a budget for the next phase of my experiments.

I need a scope, good wattmeters ,magnet wire and magnetostrictive cores.

What kind of scope doing r u using/recommend? I am thinking under $300 bucks.

I think i will have enough parts to swap around and try the magnacoster while tinkering with Don's Devices.

Cheers!

Comment

• Hi all

for anyone who has not seen dons videos and pdf

Videos:
              Inventors Weekend 2005 - DVD 1
              Inventors Weekend 2005 - DVD 2
              Donald L. Smith 1996 Tesla Symposium
              Donald L Smith Inventors Weekend 2001
              Don Smith Free Energy
              Zero Point Entertainment Interview

I think this is Zero Point Entertainment Interview
              The Don Smith Energy Device - DVD

PDF:
              Don_Smith_-_An_Answer_to_America_s_Energy_Deficit.pdf

I wonder why no one build the "Table Top Device" with the schematic on dons pdf (page 11)
              Don says in the "Inventors Weekend 2001" this is a bridge rectifier.

Best Regards
              ctbenergy
              Last edited by ctbenergy; 06-18-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the lead.But, I don't see the schematics you are referring to.The time draws near for me to get my hands "dirty" again.

I am making up a budget for the next phase of my experiments.

I need a scope, good wattmeters ,magnet wire and magnetostrictive cores.

What kind of scope doing r u using/recommend? I am thinking under $300 bucks.

I think i will have enough parts to swap around and try the magnacoster while tinkering with Don's Devices.

Cheers!
                Post #9545

I use a cheap DSO from China for 50$.
                The function is ok but it can only take 80v before breaking.

Better is to put your money on 1 or 2 good DMM's instead of a wattmeter.
                They can take up to 1Kv and many of them also have LC-measuring and frequency display.

One of mine even has a USB-connection for computer logging.
                Last edited by janost; 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Table Top Device

Originally posted by ctbenergy View Post
                  Hi all

I wonder why no one build the "Table Top Device" with the schematic on dons pdf (page 11)
                  Don says in the "Inventors Weekend 2001" this is a bridge rectifier.

Best Regards
                  ctbenergy
                  Hi ct,

I believe the table top device is also known as the commercial version.Mr. Clean, did some work with that I think.Not sure he had the exact arrangements.However, I agree its a Bridge rectifier.Yes two diodes and the centre tap.I just thought ,the main thing was that a capacitor of high capacity was used in Don's arrangement.

In fact, when i get back to experimenting again,I will be exploring this one.I think it has good potential.My last experimentation was done with its sister :the japanese coke machine device.Only,I opted not to obtain a blocking diode and my oscillator got nicely stewed.Now when I begin again, i will taking all precautions.

For this table top,i am going to order a 12VAC 60HZ output transformer.Add a diode bridge,then put a 12 volt 2 Farad car capacitor on it and see what happens Or i might go inside a 110v to 12 volt dc adaptor, and wire the 12 volt 2 F car audio car in place of manufacturers tiny version.

I would run the whole thing from an inverter coming from a battery.60 hz might be too low, but the 2 F should compensate according to dons capacitor formula.

if that fails, then i will pulse 12volts at radio frequencies, say 30khz from coil on ferrite core to diode bridge, and then to cap.

again. if low voltage fails then i will start playing with the 3 GDT tubes i got from mouser with motor caps and NSTs.

I am eyeing the shoebox too.but let me start somewhere first.

More to come.

Regards,
                  ged

Comment

• Dmm

Post #9545

I use a cheap DSO from China for 50$.
                    The function is ok but it can only take 80v before breaking.

Better is to put your money on 1 or 2 good DMM's instead of a wattmeter.
                    They can take up to 1Kv and many of them also have LC-measuring and frequency display.

One of mine even has a USB-connection for computer logging.
                    Thanks for the advice.It is appreciated.
                    Ged

Comment

• Hotrod68r,
                      There are 3 possible solutions to your 2am torroid questions:

1) Saw a gap in the torroid and put magnets in the gap.
                      Not really a good solution because of existing windings and
                      That its almost impossible to cut the ferrite in the torroid.

2) Put barmagnets on each side of the torroid, N-S in paralell
                      That should inject the magnetic field into the path of the torroid.

3) Add windings to the torroid and drive them with DC-current
                      That makes an electromagnet right where you want it.
                      Could need 2 opposing windings so that you dont inject AC into
                      the DC-source.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by janost; 06-19-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Hotrod68r

Hotrod68r,
                        There are 3 possible solutions to your 2am torroid questions:

1) Saw a gap in the torroid and put magnets in the gap.
                        Not really a good solution because of existing windings and
                        That its almost impossible to cut the ferrite in the torroid.

2) Put barmagnets on each side of the torroid, N-S in paralell
                        That should inject the magnetic field into the path of the torroid.

3) Add windings to the torroid and drive them with DC-current
                        That makes an electromagnet right where you want it.
                        Could need 2 opposing windings so that you dont inject AC into
                        the DC-source.
                        Hi,

Maybe you have seen this, but I think it might help.Saw the images in Don's archives.Tracked it down and deduced that Don used ideas from this patent in his devices.

http://www.intalek.com/Index/Project.../DE3024814.pdf

Comment

Hi,

Maybe you have seen this, but I think it might help.Saw the images in Don's archives.Tracked it down and deduced that Don used ideas from this patent in his devices.

http://www.intalek.com/Index/Project.../DE3024814.pdf

Yes, i have seen it.

Comment

• From PDF:
                            "Following the procedure according to the invention if e.g. one pole of a bar magnet with such an iron core, likewise in staff form, is joined, then both sections form together a magnet. During this magnetization process of the soft-magnetic core a magnetic flux flows in this, which induces an current as induction flux in a conducting circuit leading around the core.
                            If now e.g. beside the permanent magnet around the core a coil is wound, which is so dimensioned, that it interrupts the magnetic flux in the core with an electric current flowing in it totally or partly or removes the magnetic status in the core, then, in a coil enclosing the core, by the temporal modification of the induced flux a current is induced again.
                            If this interruption of the induced flux takes place in temporally large modification, e.g. with the phase change of a alternating current, then in the induction coil of the core a pulsating direct current is induced.
                            With each phase change the circuit breaker coil wound beside the magnet on the core is flowed through twice by the current, whereby the induced flux coming from the magnet is once interrupted and once released. "

Talking about MEG or Magnacoaster..? Does not sound like D. Smith was about

Also with capacitor charging-discharging circuit that might be interesting experiment if anyone has time on stack of magnets with high permability cores with neutralizing primaries and secondaries between them (magnet-core-primary-secondary-primary-core-magnet-core-primary-secondary-primary-core-magnet...".
                            Last edited by T-1000; 06-19-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• What is the fastest and simplest way to charge capacitor using transistor circuit ? I'm trying to use a ready circuit from TV but it has an isolation transformer between a HV transistor and a driving chip, which is fine but hard to adapt for just one single pulse to open this transistor (BU508DF).
                              I think this is one of the problematic issue : how to charge/recharge capacitor very fast but with disconnecting it from power source like Tom Bearden suggested.

Comment

• Kunel and Don

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                                From PDF:

Talking about MEG or Magnacoaster..? Does not sound like D. Smith was about

Also with capacitor charging-discharging circuit that might be interesting experiment if anyone has time on stack of magnets with high permability cores with neutralizing primaries and secondaries between them (magnet-core-primary-secondary-primary-core-magnet-core-primary-secondary-primary-core-magnet...".
                                I agree with the MEG/ Magnacoster relationship.

Some points to consider: Don also had pics with lots of detailed information on the MEG in his files.I deduced that that is how the shoebox design probably came up.

It is possible he had magnets in the core of the shoebox design.I saw one Guy loading Don with a question about the coil arrangement in the Shoebox MEG in the 2001 video.I think the guy asked three times.Don might not have been hearing too well or was being evasive as to its true construction.Don did say however that intermediate reverse coiled device displayed the same action.

The other scenario is no magnets were necessary, been the thinker he was don went ahead and used metglas instead and then pulsed radio frequency high voltage from the NST tesla coil configuration but centered L1 to pulse the core.The core, because of its magnetostrive properties and possible overunity effects, pulsed the acquired power back into the L2 coils which i suspect is coiled bifilar so he can get more amps and low inductance.Its was either the pancake connections or the same connections as shown the famous intermediate except its now on a very special core.Tesla had a high amps winding that was shown by don at the 1996 tesla conference.

So in this case, don, i believe went ahead and did advanced the thinking to produce a more unique device.However the principles are similar.

In short, i believe no magnets were needed like the MEG and magnacoster because he was using RF pulsed magnetic fields at high volts in combination with metglas and bifilar windings.I do not believe that don pretended to be shocked as some has alluded to.My research shows that, dons MEG was a broad band transformer.Ferrite rods or other magnaconstrictive rods of a certain composition with coils on it, will pick up EM fields.The basis or a radio antenna to both transmit and receive.(Don's submarine resonance device suggested this and many others on the net).
                                The link below was very eyeopening for me

~~<<<WaVe BeNdEr>>>~~

and Large ferrite rod - YouTube

This guy should add "however many coils on this " and they should duplicate whatever is been pulsed in without increasing the power draw.

Its stuff like this why i got into flyback design and a comprehensive study of coils and magnets.

I like to think of it as an analog to the electrically excited rotor in car alternators versus a PM rotor version .Just that his shoebox appeared to RF excited at high efficiency versus the MEG and Magna just went with PM.

Thanks for your thoughts.
                                Ged

Comment

Working...
                                X