Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by serge View Post
    hi all
    anyone understand how this circuit works?
    This scheme is the basis from which to start an understanding of circuit design Smith.
    Probably Dynatron know how the circuit worked.
    They say - he a great expert in this field.

good luck
    Vasiliy

Comment

• possible schematic info

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
      nice one buddy, except i have the cap on the pos side of the spark gap, prob doesnt matter tho, good stuff.

so if you want to use a single terminal like the PVM500 then you can use the HV terminal to forward diode, and the other end of HV flyback/ground wire to the other end of sparkgap
      Mr. Clean & all,

thanks for you comments - I follow what you are saying. also I noted in the video that you had some diodes on the ends of both L2 coils. I forgot to include those in the schematic. could you make a comment on those. also on Amazing dot com they do not stock the grey caps any longer as you said would probably be the case, however they do stock a similar type I have included in the thumbnail. thanks again for your consideration! mike, onward!

BTW caps are not my forte - is this cap actually a polar dc only? can you tell by the label specs?
      Last edited by clarence; 08-31-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Obtaining Energy From Earth's Magnetic Flux - Don Smith

Don's presentation at Inventors Weekend 2005 - DVD 1 and DVD 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dkg3f513r27nlp5/SK55qiNVRU

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
          What are the amp specs on the wall wart you used.
          Thank you for sharing.
          3VA, 230v in, 9v 300mA out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
            I suppose component values would change using 120 v 60 cycles as we use here in the US.
            I wonder they sell international adapters to run appliances I know they change the voltage but do they also change the frequency.
            That doesnt really matter as I run it as a pulse transformer at 20Hz.

Comment

• Originally posted by gyula View Post
              Hi Janost,

Have you tried to optimize this circuit? I mean for instance the 40mA current draw by the blocking oscillator sounds high to me, though it may be needed to drive the rest of the circuit. So increasing the 1 kOhm base resistor could influence the circuit gradually towards the no-go self sustaining state (with ground attached)? Of course, increasing the 1 kOhm surely changes the oscillator frequency, a good thing to keep this in mind. What is the approximate oscillator frequency? though I guess it is not critical.
              Regarding the 1N4007 diodes, they were manufactured for 50/60 Hz and if the oscillator runs in the several kHz range or even higher, you may wish to use fast or ultrafast diodes like the UF4007 or similar. The UF4000 diode series has the same current and voltage spec like the old 1N4000 series but the switching time is under 100 nanosec, versus the millisec speed of the 1N4000s.
              The 630nF could be assembled from several paralleled smaller values, this way the resultant equivalent loss resistance gets reduced.
              Maybe you could connect a capacitor (small value, say some ten pF) in parallel with the step-down transformer's primary input coil to enhance ringing? if it is beneficial of course.
              I also ask the ground leg of the secondary coil of the step-up transformer where you show the ground road is not connected also to the negative point of the 3.6V battery? No need for such connection? just because of the Avramenko plug?

Thanks, Gyula
              Yes, it can be optimized.

Comment

• Originally posted by VasiliyBuslaev View Post
                Hi Harish. I know about the distribution of fields in the coils of different shape and method of winding. I have no objection in this regard.

Hi, mr.clean

I did not say that! I tried to express the thought of other ways of excitation of resonant systems
                I only commented on the video DEDcolorado. In his design the use standing waves, of sinus-waveform, which are easily obtained using the quarterwave-line, such as in the picture.
                I'm trying to say about another kind of standing waves.
                Look at the picture of a powerful explosion, such as atomic.
                What do you see? rightly - the mushroom cloud. What comes from the center of the explosion - it is the concentric a shock waves - this is the radiant of Tesla.
                That is, the phenomenon we are trying to achieve in our experiments. You are nowhere in the books of Tesla did not find it, how to do it.
                I hope I have given enough good comparison with the explosion.

P.S. I hope nobody thought I was going to teach someone else here. It is my opinion and the results of the experiments. I'm just trying to share my humble point of view, which does not claim to ultimate truth.

Regards to all
                Vasiliy
                Hi Vasiliy i was rude and i appologize, it just gets me when anyone says they completely understand what is going on in Tesla's mind.
                Himself having so many successful builds and speaking of cosmic rays powering the world back in 1900, when still no-one can see his visions.

I know you are not saying you know everything, and you are a great contributor.

In regards to dedcolorado video, i believe he was tuning it, (see a page back to see the post with 4 videos i posted)

Ingener99 shows a good one with a standard wattage bulb lit by his magnet wire L2, and how Don so freely shared and explained it, it is possible i believe
                In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                In the expert's mind there are few.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                  That is near impossible in the country of Sweden.

Have to be on an island in that case
                  Wel, if you don't have forests I'm very sorry about that fact Can you test it just a few kilometers from the power grid lines ?

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                    Mr. Clean & all,

thanks for you comments - I follow what you are saying. also I noted in the video that you had some diodes on the ends of both L2 coils. I forgot to include those in the schematic. could you make a comment on those. also on Amazing dot com they do not stock the grey caps any longer as you said would probably be the case, however they do stock a similar type I have included in the thumbnail. thanks again for your consideration! mike, onward!

BTW caps are not my forte - is this cap actually a polar dc only? can you tell by the label specs?
                    Yes how could i have missed those lol, the diodes can be the deal maker or breaker, i strung together 30 1000v 3amp ultrafast recovery diodes, and they failed to rectify the output of L2s,
                    .....i almost gave up and didnt think it worked....
                    then i switched to the 30kv20mA diodes from amazing1.com, 2 parallel on both ends of L2, and BINGO!

But... The power in the caps will eventually explode the diodes if you arent drawing from the caps

And the cap in your pic prob will not be labelled + or - these caps are very close to what Tesla mightve used, they are plates of equal dimensions, submerged in oil. Not polarized like standard electrolytics.

I dont think they play any role in tuning, so any HV caps with the right voltage rating will give you the smoothing without arcing internally.
                    I also noticed that it mattered that the wires to the caps came from both directions, otherwise the HV favours the first cap and arc internally, and nothing charges.
                    So if you have resonance, and you are properly rectifying the output, you will have the board that Don was holding in his hands
                    That being said, that is what most of us here are wanting to know if it works, hehe myself included, it seems it does not work as Don presented it, but like he said "the smart ones will figure it out" so by making a small change to primary circuit...
                    ...suddenly.... it DOES charge the caps, and in a resonant condition, much more effectively than without resonance, THAT is the gain. Not to draw from the source, but draw from the resonant L2s
                    Last edited by mr.clean; 07-24-2012, 07:47 PM.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                      Wel, if you don't have forests I'm very sorry about that fact Can you test it just a few kilometers from the power grid lines ?
                      The problem is not forrest, we have plenty of that.

The problem is powerlines as we have plenty of that to, both in the ground and above

Comment

• Originally posted by promt View Post
                        I did; too hi frequency on output, janost, it discharging while running, but, the good news's after disconnection the battery getting voltage back higher than before start.
                        Anyway this setup is promising.
                        I'll keep in touch if get something better.
                        I also found it to work better when running on one battery and charging another.

But I have not yet realized a circuit like that.
                        How would I make it switch the batterys automatically?

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post

and here in my video to show tuning

Don Smith Device Project Part 32: Stepdown Coil Tune and Resonance at 53Khz - YouTube

and lastly the result of this "tuning" on real load, for those who havent seen.

Don Smith Device Project Part 33: full watt bulb vs Smith stepdown comparison - YouTube

its progress anyway
                          Is there any way to tune without a scope and/or signal generator? I have a primary that should resonate around 3Mhz.
                          TIA

Comment

• Originally posted by harishsingh View Post
                            Don's presentation at Inventors Weekend 2005 - DVD 1 and DVD 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dkg3f513r27nlp5/SK55qiNVRU
                            Hi
                            Harish
                            this link was working 3 hrs ago.but not now.Any other way of watching these DVDs?

thanks for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                              The problem is not forrest, we have plenty of that.

The problem is powerlines as we have plenty of that to, both in the ground and above
                              I think this is a non-issue, Kapanadze has already established in video on an isolated island with a 5kW load running.
                              That demo was to verify that precise issue of the power/signal/neg charge from nearby electrical wires.

This to me is happily settled.... Sure, 60hz can be seen at microvolts..... If your grounding is good connection to Earth, ie not too dry and shallow, the amount of 60hz signal is simply so trivial that it doesnt matter that you are in a city
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker2011 View Post
                                Is there any way to tune without a scope and/or signal generator? I have a primary that should resonate around 3Mhz.
                                TIA
                                Hmm, you could try putting a 12v battery with one end connected to one end of the sparkgap, and tapping the other connection to the other side of the battery to the other side of the sparkgap. So where you would normally have the HV connected, you have a battery you tap the connection to.

Dont just hook up DC to it, that will only flash the LED once and you will short your battery, so tap the connection.

That could be similar to a single square pulse on a signal gen at 12v
                                And i think you may get a response on L2, no guarantee tho

Another thing you could do is calculate your values as BEST you can with LCR meter, and if you are sure of your driver frequency, you will be close to the right values, but Tesla himself said that the theoretical values were always beyond/above the actual freq used in practice. Unless you truly know your self-capacitance and every single parameter of your setup (usually not) then try just running the system and see.

(And dont forget the small full length ferrite rod, as seen in my vids, i get almost no light without the ferrite, as i take its boost in inductance into consideration on L1 and L2 for the resonace calculation)

But....idk how to do it any better than with a signal/function gen like in my vid 32
                                Last edited by mr.clean; 07-25-2012, 02:35 AM.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X