Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonance.

Hey guys,

Here's a video from my main interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPZ...ature=youtu.be

I started with a kit from Rick Friedrich on Resonance Induction that comes with a great book that I consider must reading. Everything in the video I made except the frequency generator/amplifier. It is very simple, but has ramifications that are worthwhile.

Enjoy,

Bob

Comment

• Comment

• I am trying to learn which soft ferrite works around 1000hz to 2000hz. This is a starting place to read showing content percentage. https://softmagneticalloy.com/soft_magnetic_alloys.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
          I use an MY1020 Razor Scooter motor. It is a 36 volt motor rated at 27 amps. I will look up the rated RPM later tonight and post it. I know it is at LEAST 2800.

i have already shared every detail of this generator. I have no problem answering any questions you might have. I will never sell ANYTHING related to this generator to make money. It is ALL open source. What I told Aaron is that I would not post any MORE videos of the machine until after the conference.

The very FIRST video of this one rotor setup I ever posted showed a light bulb running off the wall and then I showed it running on ONE generator coil at .75 amps and 120 volts. I also shorted out a SECOND coil and showed the machine speeding up about 400 RPM. It was running on an MY1016 motor at 12 volts with ONLY the two coils in the machine. I did NOT show the amp draw of the motor. That machine had 6 of the two inch by 1/4” neos on it. The coils had three strands of 800 feet.

Prior versions of the machine (before that video) had 3 rotors. (A rotor, six coils, a rotor, six coils, and a rotor.) There have been MANY, MANY versions built. The newest version takes advantage of everything I learned along the way.

I’m here to help if I can. When someone else gets this thing up and running I am DONE with this project.
          Hello Dave,

Have you modified the MY1020 or is it stock? And what power supply are you using to run it?

Thanks!

-Altrez

Comment

• It is a stock MY1020. I mostly run it off batteries. For the testing I am posting here I am running it on a 0-48 volt 13 amp supply my machinist got. It has a peak amperage if 15 amps for 10 seconds.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

It is a stock MY1020. I mostly run it off batteries. For the testing I am posting here I am running it on a 0-48 volt 13 amp supply my machinist got. It has a peak amperage if 15 amps for 10 seconds.
              Thank you for taking the time to respond. Do you happen to know the model of the power supply? I want to have my build the same as yours.

Thanks!!

Comment

• 0.jpeg This is the power supply.
                “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

0.jpeg This is the power supply.
                  This one?

https://www.amazon.com/LAMBDA-SWS600.../dp/B00DLSXX5W

Thank you,

-Altrez

Comment

• That’s the one. Or just use batteries instead. I ONLY used a power supply because it LIMITS the amps and proves that there is no increased amp draw when the coils are under load. There CAN’T be when the supply only puts out a max of 15 for 10 seconds.

Comment

• Hello crew hope all is well, take care of yourselves,HEAR?

Core material
                      #1 GRAIN ORIENTED--3.5% Silicon
                      #2 Non GRAIN ORIENTED -- new processes in the last decade 6.5% Si-steel
                      #3 Ferrite's (many mixtures)
                      Better read thru this.

https://www.jfe-steel.co.jp/en/produ...og/f1e-002.pdf

What this shows us is the Ferites do not handle large amount of power so looks like Turion is on the right track by pursuing steel with a greater coating. The new processes do exactly that. They keep the steel but have coated it again increasing the overall Si content to 6.5% which is being called a super-core material for the time being.

SEE PG 9

Non grain oriented okay? Non grain oriented, you got that? Just plain ole steel with more Si. You ask why wasn't this done sooner? Because anything over 3.5% made it so brittle making it almost impossible to manufacture anything with it. The Freq range? Look at the chart near the bottom right, 1000hz and above and can handle lots of KW, not so with ferites. Dave is right, all done by following the experiments. Good job Dave

Why magnetic alignment is no longer needed? Donno goes against the grain HUH?
                      It might be possible to take steel wire and coat it with soft silicon/ferrite.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLBUi_N7blk

Last edited by BroMikey; 01-27-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Just a quick update on what’s going on with my machinist and the generator. He has been working on reducing the amp draw down to the “claimed” amp draw of 12 amps. It has definitely been a struggle. He took the entire machine apart and discovered that several of the opposition magnets were glued in crookedly and that one side was as much as 1/8” different from the other. The amp draw on a clockwise rotation was different than with a counter clockwise rotation. That is why it has been almost impossible to get the thing properly adjusted. So he is soaking parts in acetone and will get the magnets out. Then he is machining all NEW parts, as some of the issue seems to have been with the parts themselves that were cut on a ban saw the last time. That should eliminate the problem. It may take a few days to get it back together and see where we are on amp draw. I can’t do the rest of my measuring until it is back together anyway.

I already showed (at least I showed Aaron) that magnetic drag is a REAL thing that costs you but CAN be overcome. All that’s left to prove is that putting the coil under load does not cause the motor to draw additional amps nor does it affect the RPM of the motor.

And I need to show what the actual output of the coils are.

By the way, someone has stated that they are getting speed up under load at around 1150 ROM with the kind of coil I have talked about. If it were me, I would go with 3 strands connected in series so FOUR wires come off the coil instead of three. This will up the amp output of the coil and reduce the voltage output.

Comment

• ok well, they detected the problem that was consuming more current.

Could you try again later with the 24 volt motor?

For the time being, I am going to reassemble another rotor in the project, with the neutralizing magnets on the periphery of the rotor, with the current rotor I encountered the problem that there is a blockage between one magnet and another, so that this will correct and improve

Comment

• Rotors and Magnets
                            https://youtu.be/1qP85zCAPG0

Comment

Rotors and Magnets
                              https://youtu.be/1qP85zCAPG0
                              Hey Dave I just watched all your newest video's on your new YOUTUBE channel. That is a leap into the future for builders.

Comment

• And the rotor is cut down. This is kinda how I make a rotor.
                                https://youtu.be/y2yUdxkuHtY

Comment

Working...
                                X