X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all

I have been watching the DON Smith video's again and all over again
    and even tho DON is swiping his mouth from the many strokes he
    has had I could still make out his talk on freq's.

Don said that a device (1 of 200 in Don's case) will have it's own
    happy spot at whatever freq, let's say 38khz I think in one video
    which is a common range.

Don states the IDEA many different ways and said he had parts
    shown that did not work in the circuits because of what people
    expected. Then he also stated different way about filtering
    as he drooled and swiped. You could tell at his late age that
    he was happy to express his whole heart as a going away
    present. He was happy doing video.

Basically as a general description based on what people expected
    to see and hear he stated that a portion of the 38khz was extracted
    then saying that the filter would say take only 60hz of that without
    disturbing the main operational stability.

He also went on to say that the calculations were run as computer
    models took days and he could not go into the filtering process to that
    detail in one meeting. But he generalized that a resistor and transformer
    coil could form a simple filter as the simplest way of relaying a much
    more complex calculation in the end.

The talks are not engineering focused more flow chart idealistic.

No calculations were done or shown at the beginning of the circuit
    where the neon transformer was but it did have a specially ordered cap
    on it that later had a value that was discovered and would only work
    on that specific coil impedance of that NST.

You will see the trend, next is the tesla bifilar step up and spark gap
    with no mention of any calculations on one of the many devices built
    by Don, just here it is , see it? Nothing very specific anywhere.

2 days is a long time to run and rerun the capacitor inductor impedance/
    resistance models to ensure success into the ball park for openers so
    eventually another one could be done later, in one direction or another.

For instance we all know a transformer has it's own capacitance so
    when DON pointed out that his output transformer was especially
    wound I know he wasn't kidding about that one.

In Tesla's work John B. said that he understood the documents
    on HOW Tesla wound them using spacing materials and so forth
    to create the proper relationship between coil turns, spacing,
    gapping between sets of windings to gain the right capacitance
    to inductance needed to extract 60HZ without waste.

Gotta run guys, C-YA
    Last edited by BroMikey; 12-21-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Hi Clarence
      I don't know if this can be applied to your design but I think
      you will find it interesting.

Here is Marc B. who uses the resistors for tuning transformers referring
      to how cold lectric responds.

http://www.energeticforum.com/283713-post10563.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
        Hi Clarence
        I don't know if this can be applied to your design but I think
        you will find it interesting.

Here is Marc B. who uses the resistors for tuning transformers referring
        to how cold lectric responds.

http://www.energeticforum.com/283713-post10563.html
        Hello BroMikey,

I did view the Marc B. post and video and it was definitely interesting to say
        the least! I filed all that info inside myself for future use!

I had been reviewing all the compiled info about frequency, filters (so-called), and everybody's statements that frequency can't be changed
        (which is quite true and I have known that for eons), and the beat frequency route and on and on and on! enough to make one dizzy except for me.

I simply sat back armed with all this info and everything else I have stored in myself and applied the ole standby - ODC . Observation, Deduction, Conclusion.
        1. the set frequency by the ZVS can't be changed - like it or don't like it it's stuck up your butt!

2.the frequency needs to be done away with ENTIRELY without eliminating
        ANY of the other characteristics of the circuit! the frequency needs to be in effect WASHED away!

3. the only FREE - NATURAL - WASHING AGENT that I know of is OLE
        MOTHER EARTH! and its basic reset frequency is the earth frequency!

4. the best WASHING MACHINE that I know of and have available is THE CAPTOR SETUP!

I have two unused already in the ground and available ground rods that I can use to send the N leg voltage of the TBC into the earth with as just an Isolated voltage input. twenty feet away and again isolated and not connected to anything is the other unused ground rod that I can connect to as a return N leg and at the same time effect the 2 1/2 turn wrap around the black #4 AWG loop just as I did in the original CAPTOR setup.
        Also I intend to run the L leg of the TBC straight from the TBC coil to the bottom #4 AWG wire loop and also wrap it the 2 1/2 turns and on to a load terminal strip. this also will help to orient its polarity and help to defeat the remnant of the KHZ that might poke its ugly head up.

not only will this establish the 60.5 HZ that I am looking for but it will also at the same time ADD the needed amperage to the TBC circuit. a whole bunch of birds with one shot.
        all of this may take a tweak or two here and there but that is the direction I am going to go to solve all of the frequency issue.

time tells all, so hang on again.
        naturally all of this effort comes at the winter onset busy time, oh well.

Respectfully,

Clarence

Comment

• This is an amazing post Clarence others are seeing this and this
          subject of earth grounding is becoming more understood. Thanks so
          much for your willingness to open your hand to the next man.

You are right the ground does play an important part in many Tesla
          based devices and solves the freq/filter problem fast.

Look here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.energeticforum.com/283807-post63.html

Comment

• DESERVED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & KUDOS to YOU!

Originally posted by seychelles View Post
            Hi Clarence, my suggestion is to rectified the output and connect the DC output
            to a grid tied invertor and that should cost you about 300$.
            Hello seychelles,

I saw your post weeks back and made note that your information was valid
            at that time.
            I never intended to tye anything to an invertor since I already had an excellent one and that was the one that I have used with my CAPTOR unit from the get-go.

At the present time I was pissed at not being able to shake the high frequency made by the ZVS driver when it subsequently powered the TBC coils I have been using to produce an alternate voltage supply for the Captor set up to work with.
            I first Intended to dump the voltage to ground and then retrieve it back through the earth ground also. all for the purpose to be able to supply power
            to the battery charger to keep the battery from having a slow but continued
            drawdown.

then I thought why to hell should I go to all that trouble to power a charger
            when I can rectify all that voltage (blow the frequency to smithereens as ripples) and reduce the voltage to a safe Battery limit (around 14 v to 15v -
            no more) and simply apply that DC voltage directly to the battery circuit it self- end of story.

that is what I am doing at present as you will see in the following post I make.
            this made me mindful again of your post and it's valid nature. I do want to acknowledge your gracious thoughts and efforts in that direction. that's what valuable members do! Thanks again Sir and many kudos to You!

Respectfully ,

Clarence

Comment

• Working on it bro!

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
              This is an amazing post Clarence others are seeing this and this
              subject of earth grounding is becoming more understood. Thanks so
              much for your willingness to open your hand to the next man.

You are right the ground does play an important part in many Tesla
              based devices and solves the freq/filter problem fast.

Look here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.energeticforum.com/283807-post63.html
              Hello BroMikey,

I have decided to use a more direct method to use the first TBC as a powered voltage source the keep the battery from its continued drawdown.
              that method is simply to rectify the 122 vac from the TBC - then pass it through a PROPER voltage divider circuit to achieve a safe voltage level for the battery itself ( 14 vdc to 15 vdc - no more ) , then pass that through a DC smoothing capacitor and then straight to the battery circuit itself.

I said - why not? I already had available from prior art 4 each HUGE 4 amp
              15KV power diodes. Vbid put me on to those years back.
              so that is what I have been working towards and almost completed!
              individual component photos attached!

I have already briefly used the assembled components and they work quite well.

I am now waiting for several more 10 Mohm resisters to drop the resultant DC voltage down a tad more. thought I needed only 8 of them but now I know it will take twelve of them to get the job done.
              Should have thought about all this with years of past history in mind.!
              It seems that any FWRB circuit for some reason RAISES the input voltage to a greater value like a Voltage Multiplier wouldIn this particular case the
              122 vac is raised to 170 volts. yes, you read it right! that's why I'm waiting for a couple more resistors from Mouser.

as a side note, this FWBR setup I have now is the same type Marc B and turion (dave) should be using.
              The part # is 2CLG15KV/4A . Both Amazon and E-bay have the available
              at around 24.99 each. make sure it's the large screw connect on each end!
              the resistors are Mouser # MOX92021000FVE 10 Mohm - about 14 plus change .

When finished and run I will give results as usual.
              when I was briefly running this FWRB the total input was 120v @ .51 amp.
              I said to myself , if that carries true all the way through into the battery circuit that will be amazing! that was driving the power supply , the ZVS
              unit , the TPC , the TBC , the FWBR , the voltage divider , the smoothing capacitor --- awesome HUH1

Also note on the attached voltage divider circuit that the last resister seems unused ! however I believe it serves as a bleeder resister to keep discharging the smoothing capacitor, otherwise there would not be anything else to accomplish that? and also at the end of any run the capacitor would be left ready to kill you. notice the earth ground attached to the capacitor also!

Later BRO,

respects,

Clarence
              Last edited by clarence; 03-26-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Ac/dc

Originally posted by clarence View Post
                It seems that any FWRB circuit for some reason RAISES the input voltage to a greater value like a Voltage Multiplier wouldIn this particular case the
                122 vac is raised to 170 volts.
                Hi clarence,

When you rectify AC, the DC voltage value will be the peak AC value at no load or if well filtered (capacitor). The given AC or the value read with an AC voltmeter is the RMS voltage value. To get the peak you need to multiply by 1.414. When you load the DC circuit, the voltage will drop depending on the load and on the filter.

Also, using a voltage divider for a power circuit results in much waste. In your case, about 90% wasted in heat in the resistors. It would be much to your advantage to use a transformer prior to the FWRB.

Regards,

bi
                Last edited by bistander; 12-30-2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Yes Sir!

Originally posted by bistander View Post
                  Hi clarence,

When you rectify AC, the DC voltage value will be the peak AC value at no load or if well filtered (capacitor). The given AC or the value read with an AC voltmeter is the RMS voltage value. To get the peak you need to multiply by 1.414. When you load the DC circuit, the voltage will drop depending on the load and on the filter.

Also, using a voltage divider for a power circuit results in much waste. In your case, about 90% wasted in heat in the resistors. It would be much to your advantage to use a transformer prior to the FWRB.

Regards,

bi
                  Hi Bistander,
                  While I agree with your post 110%, I am interested in the specs you have in mind for the transformer.
                  Cheers,
                  Randy
                  _

Comment

• Transformer

Originally posted by tachyoncatcher View Post
                    While I agree with your post 110%, I am interested in the specs you have in mind for the transformer.
                    Hi Randy,

I don't know enough about his system to "spec out" components. But if it is 50-60Hz with 120V and .5A, then a 10:1 stepdown at 100VA or higher should be good for starters. I'd look for something used, maybe from an old battery charger. For that matter, why not try the complete battery charger?

Regards,

bi

BTW: The transformer will isolate the 12V side, if that is of any benefit.
                    Last edited by bistander; 12-31-2015, 04:51 AM. Reason: added BTW

Comment

• You can use a capacitor voltage divider instead of resistors
                      Capacitive Voltage Divider

Comment

• Capacitor voltage divider

Originally posted by Jeff Pearson View Post
                        You can use a capacitor voltage divider instead of resistors
                        Capacitive Voltage Divider
                        I don't think that will work too well on DC when there is a load.

Comment

• According to that article it works for both AC and DC. The formulas are different for each.

Comment

• Miscomprehension

Originally posted by bistander View Post
                            I don't think that will work too well on DC when there is a load.
                            Hello @ ALL,

during ALL this bouncing back and forth about a transformer it evidences a gigantic miscomprehension .

first of all, ALL of this information bandied about I have KNOWN for MANY -
                            MANY - MANY years! you are NOT teaching ME anything! Get a Grip!

the miscomprehension is the fact of having IGNORED from the start that the method I chose was due to overcome HIGH FREQUENCY KILOHERTZ!!!!!!
                            your supposed cure would FRY a transformer right off the bat!

it is KNOWN that resistors MAY (NOT surely) incur HEAT with usage.
                            SO WHAT! its called LIFE! GROW UP!

Clarence

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                              Hello BroMikey,

I have decided to use a more direct method to use the first TBC as a powered voltage source the keep the battery from its continued drawdown.

I have already briefly used the assembled components and they work quite well.

I am now waiting for several more 10 Mohm resisters to drop the resultant DC voltage down a tad more. thought I needed only 8 of them but now I know it will take twelve of them to get the job done.

When finished and run I will give results as usual.
                              when I was briefly running this FWRB the total input was 120v @ .51 amp.
                              I said to myself , if that carries true all the way through into the battery circuit that will be amazing! that was driving the power supply , the ZVS
                              unit , the TPC , the TBC , the FWBR , the voltage divider , the smoothing capacitor --- awesome HUH1

Also note on the attached voltage divider circuit that the last resister seems unused ! however I believe it serves as a bleeder resister to keep discharging the smoothing capacitor, otherwise there would not be anything else to accomplish that? and also at the end of any run the capacitor would be left ready to kill you. notice the earth ground attached to the capacitor also!

Later BRO,

respects,

Clarence
                              Originally posted by clarence View Post
                              Hello @ ALL,

during ALL this bouncing back and forth about a transformer it evidences a gigantic miscomprehension .

first of all, ALL of this information bandied about I have KNOWN for MANY -
                              MANY - MANY years! you are NOT teaching ME anything! Get a Grip!

the miscomprehension is the fact of having IGNORED from the start that the method I chose was due to overcome HIGH FREQUENCY KILOHERTZ!!!!!!
                              your supposed cure would FRY a transformer right off the bat!

it is KNOWN that resistors MAY (NOT surely) incur HEAT with usage.
                              SO WHAT! its called LIFE! GROW UP!

Clarence
                              Well it looks like the fun is just beginning and the conventional thinkers
                              just can't seem to see some basic things. A simple regulator circuit in
                              conventional electronics is only good from 30v max input then only
                              leaving meager amounts of power at reduced voltages.

As you know other higher voltage regulators (With all of the complications)
                              are available if producing the most refined design right from the start
                              was the goal. We need to stick with the KISS formulas so we don't
                              lose all of our followers.

The goal of your project has been very clear to me from the start and
                              your practical side is so nice to get a hold of when building starts. Like
                              your diode cluster or other ideas that leave "STATE OF THE ART"?? designs
                              in the dust due to durability issues. Give me a basic design that steers
                              me clear of all of the endless digital toys and I feel better already.

You build things by industrial standards that are made more long lasting.

Dropping 170vdc to power a battery charger is unheard of and no one
                              can just walk up and buy one at the corner store, besides this kind of
                              energy loves resistors and might get cold instead. It's hard to
                              say what is going on there.

One thing i will tell you I found out, was that all circuits I ever saw
                              engineers design had to throw the diagram away after they ran tests
                              to finally alter it enough to get her going.

Looks like you are putting the petal to the metal here lately. I can't wait
                              to hear your shout of exclaim once again as the fruit of years of research
                              and testing are paying off.

Never mind all of the buzzing sounds of conventional wisdom.

You guys need to look here

Attention Dave and Marc B., Clarence wants you to see what he found
                              out about the divider with earth ground. This is not theory.

Last edited by BroMikey; 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Transformers are used every day in radio transmitters all over the earth. They can easily be used up to gigahertz frequencies if designed properly. But a transformer for 60 hertz will quickly overheat at 400 hertz if loaded. The transformer has to be designed for the frequency. A bunch of resistors as a voltage divider is wasting most of the power in heating the resistors. A transformer allows you to use most of the power instead of wasting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X