Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windings going on here...

Hello UFO and all

THis is my drawing of how i'm winding my 18 poles motor...

Could you UFO Please just check it if it is correct?

I used the idea of the 12 pole motor...

The brushes are horizontal in my motor...

Should i change the angle of one of the brushes?

the blu colors are north
    and red are south...

i'm using 10 turns per pole coil summing 20 the north and south pole in series... for each collector...

Thanks again

Regards

Fabio
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sebosfato; 08-02-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Bit the bullet and one of my little scoot-n-go's is being stripped down. This has the dual brushes in one end. Original was 24v 14A so will see where it fares out. From the look of it, I would say #22 wire so will use some #30. This has 18P/18C 4 mags NSNS. Have decided to go with 4 poles per with 2 idle in each set and 2c per contact. The fun begins.....

If someone else has a better setup for this motor, chime in before I get to wireing it up. Know of one other here with the same motors cept his was from a razor.

thay

Comment

• thaelin,
        Does that motor have four magnets and two sets of two brushes?

Here's my razor scooter motor mounted on its stand. Just need to mount the commutators which I will do in the AM, and then fire it up (finally) for testing.

Here is a pic of the wound armature 32 coils (16 split coils). It barely fit!

Dave
        Last edited by Turion; 09-09-2012, 03:52 PM.
        “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
        —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Hello Bob...

Originally posted by Bob Smith View Post
          UFO,
          I think you've answered my question in your response to MJNunnerly above. Thanks for such a rich post.
          Bob

Hello Bob,

Yes I know I did...

Regards

UFO
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Hello Sebosfato,

Originally posted by sebosfato View Post
            Hello UFO and all

THis is my drawing of how i'm winding my 18 poles motor...

Could you UFO Please just check it if it is correct?

I used the idea of the 12 pole motor...

The brushes are horizontal in my motor...

Should i change the angle of one of the brushes?

the blu colors are north
            and red are south...

i'm using 10 turns per pole coil summing 20 the north and south pole in series... for each collector...

Thanks again

Regards

Fabio

Hello Sebosfato,

Well, I see some things I do not like...You are not using color codes...just in one or two coils...then I see, orange and magenta together in one Pair?...
            Whenever you use Pairs, One MUST BE a derivative (shade) of Blue or Green related to NORTH...Then South are REDS...ORANGE and Magenta, Gold etc...This way we ALL could easily read a diagram...Ok?

Now, you are writing "C18"...Coil?...Coils?...I have clearly shown P18...Meaning PAIR, Pair of Coils...not "Split Coil, not Coils...When I am referring to just one Coil, I write South Coil of P12...

It is VERY IMPORTANT, We ALL use same color codes
            , same exact names...when referring to this technology...that way we have a COMMON LANGUAGE...that ALL could understand...Please!

Now, here you have a numbered sequence of just numbers...1,2,3,4....18
            Then You have C1,C2,C3,C4....C18...?!

I had to "Figure out, guess" you meant when you wrote just numbers are your POLES...and the "C#"...Are the Pairs...Right?

I hope...

Now, getting "finally" to Machine disposition...I see "Conflicts" between Commutator sequence and their corresponding Poles sequence...they are "Out of Phase"...for some reason you have moved the Commutator Elements Numbers related to Pairs corresponding numbers...

Look again at my matching Diagram related to Brush positioning and Stator Diagram...below...

[IMG][/IMG]

Now look at P4 at Poles Pair center and also to Commutator corresponding element...which is right at Motor Brush...then look at yours...right at Motor Brush touching "18"...then look at "C18"...they are Out of alignment?...right there you are just using a Repulsion from North (barely, too close to Bisector center vortex...) and not using the Attraction from South Pole Stator...

It should be energizing Pair 16...more or less...not perfect either..

@ALL: You all have to pay a bit more attention to my explanations and my very clear color coded diagrams...basically, when winding complex structured wiring machines...

I am sorry, but I really do not have the time to go over "One By One"...here, as this Thread will keep growing up...so please concentrate and analyze as best as you could each machine diagram...and do not take assumptions or break simple codes...it takes time for me to "debug" all mistakes and random changes from "Original Set Up Diagrams and Explanations" that You "decided to do ...

I will really appreciate that...

Regards

UFO
            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 08-03-2012, 01:13 AM.
            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Great!!

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              thaelin,
              Does that motor have four magnets and two sets of two brushes?

Here's my razor scooter motor mounted on its stand. Just need to mount the commutators which I will do in the AM, and then fire it up (finally) for testing.

Here is a pic of the wound armature 32 coils (16 split coils). It barely fit!

Dave

Hello Turion,

Looks good!!

waiting to hear how the "Fire Up" went...

Good testing and good luck that way...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Too thin awg...

Originally posted by thaelin View Post
                Bit the bullet and one of my little scoot-n-go's is being stripped down. This has the dual brushes in one end. Original was 24v 14A so will see where it fares out. From the look of it, I would say #22 wire so will use some #30. This has 18P/18C 4 mags NSNS. Have decided to go with 4 poles per with 2 idle in each set and 2c per contact. The fun begins.....

If someone else has a better setup for this motor, chime in before I get to wireing it up. Know of one other here with the same motors cept his was from a razor.

thay

Hello and welcome,

30 awg is way too thin for a 24V, 14A set up...definitively it will smoke...
                If it had 23...why change so drastically down to 30 awg?...wanted more turns?

You should try to keep same wire as Factory...or GO HIGHER AWG...
                NEVER, come down in awg...and plan to use same Battery Source...

Definitively would be a Burnt project....but the thing is...you will also damage the controllers and sensitive gauges system...

Please, do not guess on awg...get a Gauge Measuring Tool...they are very cheap...

Regards

UFO

Comment

• Learning Tool

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                  Thanks Ufo for all your efforts on this amazing quest. I have done my best to keep up with all that is going on here but I decided to go backwards instead of forward. I built a simple "learning tool" to really understand the dynamic of how the basic machine works. Several guys have asked for a super simple build and I need one also. I used your diagram shown at about the 11 minute mark in your "Enlightenment" video as a guide. It is just two coils, two magnets, and four contact points. For simplicity the coils are air core. It is just a rough build and it doesn't work right but I wanted something very simple to work with to able to reallly understand what is happening.

----- I also want find that witch and tell her good bye.

Asymmetric motor learning tool - YouTube

Thanks again for all that you have presented. I understand how much time it takes to do this work. It is time taken away from the rest of your daily life and you never get it back.

Lidmotor

Hey Lidmotor,

Love your videos !! Not sure the way you set up the coils will work. Perhaps you could try something like the attached using a dowel and some finishing nails.

Motor1.JPG
                  Motor2.JPG

Last edited by Vincevl; 08-03-2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Thanks UFO

Hey UFO,

I discovered this thread last weekend and haven't stopped reading and learning about your motor design. It's super radical !!

Thanks for sharing your ideas and knowledge so freely!! You're a tribute to what this forum is all about!

I've ordered a couple small motors to get me started but look forward to modifying some larger permanent magnet motors I have in stock at work. I suppose you could also modify a series wound or a universal motor with your topology as well. Yes, maybe?

Cheers,
                    Vince

Comment

• Torqmaster 180

UFO,

I'm getting ready to wind the Torqmaster 180 armature as you described in post 917
                      Quote:
                      "I will be using 18 awg...have to calculate how many turns, but guessing should be around 10 to 15 per coil..."
                      /Quote:

Do you remember how many turns you ended up using.

Thanks for all you have shared.

Mike Klimesh
                      Live to experiment, Experiment to live (+_+)

Comment

• mklimesh,

Thanks for asking Ufopolitics this as my Torqmaster 180's arrived today and will be winding them soon.

IndianaBoys

PS - Ufopolitics, thanks for any additional information you can relay for the Torqmaster 180 conversion (Ufopolitics TM180).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                          Hello Sebosfato,

Well, I see some things I do not like...You are not using color codes...just in one or two coils...then I see, orange and magenta together in one Pair?...
                          Whenever you use Pairs, One MUST BE a derivative (shade) of Blue or Green related to NORTH...Then South are REDS...ORANGE and Magenta, Gold etc...This way we ALL could easily read a diagram...Ok?

Now, you are writing "C18"...Coil?...Coils?...I have clearly shown P18...Meaning PAIR, Pair of Coils...not "Split Coil, not Coils...When I am referring to just one Coil, I write South Coil of P12...

It is VERY IMPORTANT, We ALL use same color codes
                          , same exact names...when referring to this technology...that way we have a COMMON LANGUAGE...that ALL could understand...Please!

Now, here you have a numbered sequence of just numbers...1,2,3,4....18
                          Then You have C1,C2,C3,C4....C18...?!

I had to "Figure out, guess" you meant when you wrote just numbers are your POLES...and the "C#"...Are the Pairs...Right?

I hope...

Now, getting "finally" to Machine disposition...I see "Conflicts" between Commutator sequence and their corresponding Poles sequence...they are "Out of Phase"...for some reason you have moved the Commutator Elements Numbers related to Pairs corresponding numbers...

Look again at my matching Diagram related to Brush positioning and Stator Diagram...below...

[IMG][/IMG]

Now look at P4 at Poles Pair center and also to Commutator corresponding element...which is right at Motor Brush...then look at yours...right at Motor Brush touching "18"...then look at "C18"...they are Out of alignment?...right there you are just using a Repulsion from North (barely, too close to Bisector center vortex...) and not using the Attraction from South Pole Stator...

It should be energizing Pair 16...more or less...not perfect either..

@ALL: You all have to pay a bit more attention to my explanations and my very clear color coded diagrams...basically, when winding complex structured wiring machines...

I am sorry, but I really do not have the time to go over "One By One"...here, as this Thread will keep growing up...so please concentrate and analyze as best as you could each machine diagram...and do not take assumptions or break simple codes...it takes time for me to "debug" all mistakes and random changes from "Original Set Up Diagrams and Explanations" that You "decided to do ...

I will really appreciate that...

Regards

UFO

I'm downtonic... i thought magenta was a kind of blue...
                          and for me the pink and orange has red in them ...

The C1... i wanted to mean that the pair indicated is connected to commutator 1 position. and so on is the same as pair one, two...

the big numbers are the marks i made on the poles just to localize myself...

should it work from what you saw?

Regards

Fabio

Comment

• Kogs RS motor

G'Day UFO, etal

I received my third RS motor that was on back order

I left the original shaft in the rotor removed the old wiring put the good commutator on this shaft and rewound the armature.
                            When I assembled it it ran straight away but the motor pulled to one end and there was excessive sparking on one of the brushes
                            when I swapped the motor connections to the Generator the sparking was much less.
                            I pulled it apart and saw one brush was worn out it was too close to the commetator solder and it must have been rubbing so as to short.

I took the magnets out and saw there was enough clearance lengthwise but when I assembled it the armature was pulled to one end so I removed the magnets removed the little indents to locate where the magnets sit and replaced the magnets and armature I saw where the armature placed itself and moved the magnets so the armature was center allowing the ends to sit just right,
                            When I ran it again there was no sparking I used a 7am 12v SLAB
                            As the arbor is too short I could not check the speed or the load

"Motor side A Motor side B"
                            "Motor Only + Generator Motor Only + Generator"

" 1 A, 0.2A , 1.2A , 0.2A , "

I then connected as a load on the generator side
                            Using a "MY68 DC Motor 6A 24v it started and turned it over the ampsdraw was slight more but No Power"
                            I then connected a load on the generator side
                            Using a "MY1018 DC Motor 9.5A 36v it started and turned it over but not as fast the ampsdraw was slightly more No Power"

I realized there would be no power But I just wanted to see if they would turn and they did.

The Battery I used is a 12v 7ah SLAB fully charged with a bedini Spanker charged bto 13v settled down to 12.88 v I was using it for about 4 hours drawing it down to 12.4v sometimes after resting for an hour it read 12.96v
                            The motor was warm but not excessive

I thought I might buy 2 of these motors to to modify

Dayton 200W 12V or 24V DC Motor 3200 RPM - Straight DC Motors | Motion Dynamics, AC/DC motors
                            or 2 of these
                            Dayton 350W 24V DC Motor - Straight DC Motors | Motion Dynamics, AC/DC motors

I could use them for my bycycle I really need the exercise My wife reconds I spend toooo much time on the computer

Kindest regards

Happy At it

Comment

• Any Numbers

Originally posted by mariuscivic View Post
                              Hi UFO!

Your not going to like this ( just joking )

I have tooked the freedom to modify your 5 pole motor. Made the windings exactly like the 3 pole rotor and it's working good .
                              I also got a small bonus: litting 3 leds there were should not be anything.( something like lidmotor did)
                              I dont think that there is a leak there; i'm saying that couse when i disconnect the battery the leds are still lit until the rotor comes to a complete stop

M2U02504 - YouTube

Hello Marius
                              I basically cannot watch utube so I am just feeling along in the dark here but I took the chance and watched the 2 tube above and Asymmetric motor learning tool - YouTube.
                              Thats really good and I have wound my 5 pole just like that.
                              Do you have any numbers for your setup in/out etc.
                              Maybe hook the motor and generator together like at the start of lidmotors
                              Asymmetric motor learning tool - YouTube
                              If you can get some numbers would be great.
                              Thanks LV

Comment

• @Turion:
                                Yes, this motor has 4 mags in it. That is why I chose to go with 4 coils in series so as to act against all of them.

@UFO
                                Thanks for the catch on the wire size. So #22 it will be wound with bifilar.

thay

Comment

Working...
                                X