My Asymmetric Electrodynamic Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO,
    Great to see you gettin your hands dirty! I like to see the manufacturing side of things!
    A bit of a tough end plate you had to work with on the generator head. The head i have has almost a full plate with the exception of the hole for the shaft. I just had to make another plate that bolts to that plate, that house's the bearing.
    Anyway, great work.
    Regards!

Comment

• Please!.

Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
      Anything you need my friend...CAD with all details?, 3D Explanation?...Full HD Colors?...THX George Lucas Sound Systems?...

You've got it...

Just ask.

Regards

Ufopolitics

Hello UFO, Great Video, my sentiments exactly friend.I know you are very busy but is there any chance of CAD for 36 Pole rotor laminations. What is the best thickness of sheet to work from? Seems the most used format here is DXF or DWG with plain outline no crosshatching etc.

The outside Dia needs to be 190mm with centre hole 25mm, am ready to go would like to get ready by christmas. Will share my build here , as is most convienent for communication with you.

Warm Regards to everyone.

PS. Does any one have links to commutator suppliers, can't find large 36 slot comms any where, can make them but am pushed for time, like most, Thanks.

Comment

• Cad 36

Originally posted by Cornboy 555 View Post
        Hello UFO, Great Video, my sentiments exactly friend.I know you are very busy but is there any chance of CAD for 36 Pole rotor laminations. What is the best thickness of sheet to work from? Seems the most used format here is DXF or DWG with plain outline no crosshatching etc.

The outside Dia needs to be 190mm with centre hole 25mm, am ready to go would like to get ready by christmas. Will share my build here , as is most convienent for communication with you.

PS. Does any one have links to commutator suppliers, can't find large 36 slot comms any where, can make them but am pushed for time, like most, Thanks.
        Hello Cornboy555,

The steel I have used is 2.0 mm sheets of 4X8 Feet (that is how they come pre-cut here)...it is regular cheap steel, NOT STAINLESS!

DXF and DWG are Auto CAD Formats, no problems there.

I have the 36 poles already made, but for purposes of simple Diagrams here , meaning, not ready for WaterJet Cut...they are very picky about segments perfectly aligned, without space...and perfectly to Scale...So I will get that ready for You.

Commutators wise...I know of a couple of big companies here...Toledo Commutators...and another one don't remember now...
        And don't go Chinese ones...they are a piece of Sh*T...

You could also search for 72 segments and join two...

Some commutator companies, will work based on your commutator spec's, IF they do not have them in their stock...(promising you will order like 20,000 if it works... )...Then they will make it for you like two or three "samples"...for you to test them...

But you have to make sure they are not Middle Transaction Agents that end up ordering from China...it happened to me before...

Regards

Ufopolitics
        Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Dirty Hands...

Originally posted by pmazz850 View Post
          UFO,
          Great to see you gettin your hands dirty! I like to see the manufacturing side of things!
          A bit of a tough end plate you had to work with on the generator head. The head i have has almost a full plate with the exception of the hole for the shaft. I just had to make another plate that bolts to that plate, that house's the bearing.
          Anyway, great work.
          Regards!

Hey Pmazz850 and MachineAlive!!

Did you guys had in mind that I was a "Girlie Hand"...that only do nice color CAD's and Art work on paper.?...or just play with little bitty mini tiny toys?!..none on real heavy duty work..Uh?...well...you had it all wrong my dear friends!...

Since I was a kid I have been messing with the stinking Gas Engines (as a Hobby, never had to rebuild them for a living, thanks God!...I do hate the black, dirty grease!!)...Body Works...Painting...and almost every field of Automotive Industry...almost a full time "Grease-Paint-Fiberglass Monkey"...LOL

And yes...I do know how Gas Engines work from A-Z...Which is great to know how our enemy is...in order to defeat it and vanish it without a trace...and...with class..

Regards

Ufopolitics
          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• link to commutator supplier

Hello Cornperson,

I've talked with the following suppliers and they seem to be able to lasercut whatever you might want. Their business is rebuilding industrial motors.

Electric Rotor Repair Company | Electrical Apparatus Machine Shop
            Phone: 1-800-528-3823
            Fax: 704-333-3170
            bro d

Comment

• Great.

Hello Cornboy555,

The steel I have used is 2.0 mm sheets of 4X8 Feet (that is how they come pre-cut here)...it is regular cheap steel, NOT STAINLESS!

DXF and DWG are Auto CAD Formats, no problems there.

I have the 36 poles already made, but for purposes of simple Diagrams here , meaning, not ready for WaterJet Cut...they are very picky about segments perfectly aligned, without space...and perfectly to Scale...So I will get that ready for You.

Commutators wise...I know of a couple of big companies here...Toledo Commutators...and another one don't remember now...
              And don't go Chinese ones...they are a piece of Sh*T...

You could also search for 72 segments and join two...

Some commutator companies, will work based on your commutator spec's, IF they do not have them in their stock...(promising you will order like 20,000 if it works... )...Then they will make it for you like two or three "samples"...for you to test them...

But you have to make sure they are not Middle Transaction Agents that end up ordering from China...it happened to me before...

Regards

Ufopolitics
              Thanks UFO, definately no Girley Hand there, will be busy with Garlic harvest for next few days but can get the ball rolling as soon as i get CAD. Thankyou.
              Last edited by Cornboy 555; 12-05-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Thanks.

Originally posted by Donald Haas View Post
                Hello Cornperson,

I've talked with the following suppliers and they seem to be able to lasercut whatever you might want. Their business is rebuilding industrial motors.

Electric Rotor Repair Company | Electrical Apparatus Machine Shop
                Phone: 1-800-528-3823
                Fax: 704-333-3170
                bro d

Hello Donald, will follow up thanks, also i am a male of the species.

Comment

• Your 36 Poles Files...

Hello Cornboy555,

[IMG][/IMG]

The Image above is just a JPEG Picture of the CAD

But... like I have promised...find below the CAD Drawing Attachments for your 36 Poles Armature/Rotor...

I am attaching both (DWG and DXF) they have requested (just in case one does not opens)

DWG is the AutoCAD Native Format
                  DXF is the Drawing eXchange Format

They can open THEM ALL with Turbo CAD ...and there is also a Free Version below...so you could see it opens

Free Trials

I made it with almost zero error...like for a Swiss watch...

Now, all I want from you...

Is a Truck full of Garlic...so I can kill all the Vampires in this World...

Joking time...Now seriously...All I want is that you keep Us all here, in the Open...updated of your Machine progress...as I would also assist in your further build.

Regards my friend, and I am very Happy that those beautiful Corn Fields and lovely Landscaping is never going to be destroyed by the Carbon Monoxide exhausting from the Gas-Oil machines...

Ufopolitics

PD: I could not Upload them here Cornboy...this site does not allow those formats...sending it to you by mail

To the rest: If anyone is interested...e-mail me or Cornboy...and if someone knows how to exchange them between Us...let us know.

Sorry

Comment

• I've found that you can upload cad files and share them on thingiverse. You have to have a free account and I think you have to add the cad files to a 'thing' you've designed or made. It's pretty easy though. There may be easier ways to share files but I don't know of any yet. Here's one I use. joe's repstrap by joeperry - Thingiverse

Comment

• 36 Poles Measurements

Hello Cornboy,

Here is the drawing with measurements.

[IMG][/IMG]

When you take it to them (or e-mail it)...make sure they verify this measurements with either this file...or you telling them over the phone...in order that when they open CAD Formats to verify they are seeing the right dimensions (this programs have the measuring tools included) and this model was made at 1:1 Scale in Metric (millimeters)

You got there a pretty long Pole Arm...(55 mm), so you will be able to fit quite good size and length of Copper...

Also notice I reduce the Pole Arm width right by the end to one millimeter less (from 4.9 outer to 3.9 Inner) that will allow it to have less mass at center solid ring...and more at the end of poles...note each pole face is 12.0 mm...that makes a very strong mass weight at the outer surface of armature...enhancing the "hammering" effect...so get ready for the huge Impact this "Babe" will have...

In a future I will display why we need as much mass as possible in the outer area of armature/rotor...there are some weight/volume calculations that take place there...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Vampires!, hell oil

Hello Cornboy555,

[IMG][/IMG]

The Image above is just a JPEG Picture of the CAD

But... like I have promised...find below the CAD Drawing Attachments for your 36 Poles Armature/Rotor...

I am attaching both (DWG and DXF) they have requested (just in case one does not opens)

DWG is the AutoCAD Native Format
                        DXF is the Drawing eXchange Format

They can open THEM ALL with Turbo CAD ...and there is also a Free Version below...so you could see it opens

Free Trials

I made it with almost zero error...like for a Swiss watch...

Now, all I want from you...

Is a Truck full of Garlic...so I can kill all the Vampires in this World...

Joking time...Now seriously...All I want is that you keep Us all here, in the Open...updated of your Machine progress...as I would also assist in your further build.

Regards my friend, and I am very Happy that those beautiful Corn Fields and lovely Landscaping is never going to be destroyed by the Carbon Monoxide exhausting from the Gas-Oil machines...

Ufopolitics

PD: I could not Upload them here Cornboy...this site does not allow those formats...sending it to you by mail

To the rest: If anyone is interested...e-mail me or Cornboy...and if someone knows how to exchange them between Us...let us know.

Sorry

What have you got against vampires UFO?

The coalseam gas and oil companies have been snooping around our pristeen farmland of late.

Like iv'e said the only way is to take away the demand for their product. Cheers all and having trouble opening files on email , but will persist even though a computer Dummy as well.

Comment

• Thanks!

Originally posted by cncjoe View Post
                          I've found that you can upload cad files and share them on thingiverse. You have to have a free account and I think you have to add the cad files to a 'thing' you've designed or made. It's pretty easy though. There may be easier ways to share files but I don't know of any yet. Here's one I use. joe's repstrap by joeperry - Thingiverse
                          Hello CNC Joe,

Many thanks Joe!!

I think I have created a "Thing" there...and uploaded the CAD Files...I see them...don't know if others do...here below is the "THING"...

36 Pole Asymmetric Machine by Ufopolitics - Thingiverse

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Thanks UFO

The coalseam gas and oil companies have been snooping around our pristeen farmland of late.

Like iv'e said the only way is to take away the demand for their product. Cheers all and having trouble opening files on email , but will persist even though a computer Dummy as well.

What the hell time is it there UFO. Don't go burning out on me. I'm sitting here drinking gallons of water and a beer trying to rehydrate after digging out garlic all day, it was 30c here today.

BY THE WAY I FORGOT TO SAY THANKYOU UFO. Hope i can help you one day.
                            Last edited by Cornboy 555; 12-05-2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Werewolfs...

Hello Cornboy555,

Well the History you know ..Werewolf can't get along with Vamps ...

Just SAVE the files in your PC...they will not open, IF you do not have the right program my friend...

I posted a link to a free trial Link to versions of Turbo CAD above...but if you are not familiar with it...it is not simple to work with...but just to open it...and when You are done looking at it...Program will ask you If You want Changes saved...select NO!!

Save the Files...and if you want to play with it use the "Save As" option and use another name...NOT IN THE SAME FILE!...or you could damage it...However, you could always comeback to your e-mail and reload it...so, no sweat...

I will love if you could upload here at least a couple of pictures of your previous Motor build...so Members here, have an idea of "Your Quality"...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Comment

• Time...

What the hell time is it there UFO. Don't go burning out on me. I'm sitting here drinking gallons of water and a beer trying to rehydrate after digging out garlic all day, it was 30c here today.

BY THE WAY I FORGOT TO SAY THANKYOU UFO. Hope i can help you one day.
                                Time here?

2:00 AM...

I am used to sleep around 4-6 hours a day (and Bob French and I discussed about this a while back...it is better 4 than six...have no idea why..but true)...when we die...we will sleep for a whole Eternity my friend...

You are already at the end of today...incredible isn't it?

That Garlic is huge!!...You will Laugh Out Loud if You see the ones we get here...I will shut pictures tomorrow...

Nite

Ufopolitics

Comment

Working...
                                X