X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john00287
    replied
    Update: removed wires from rotor. More work than I thought!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Video

Good video John.

Look forward to your progress.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• john00287
    replied
    Got my motor, time to play!

https://youtu.be/AtGv8gDCmBU

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Laptop down

My laptop is only 1 1/2 month old but has a problem. It was bought for me to do FE stuff like downloads and studying. It started turning off randomly for some reason. Hopefully the Geek squad can repair it and will get it back Saturday.

So can't do any updates of videos or pictures for couple days.

Finally getting above freezing here in SC so will try to get busy tomorrow. If life or other things doesn't pull me away from the shop.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Parallel

That's the best way by switching the batteries around. I want to learn Arduino and get the circuits to do electronic switching. But not there yet.

So right now just using same batteries in same positions. That's why I spent so much time balancing the system.

I have 4 batteries in parallel in #3 position. My reason is for solar power to run my shop. I also have two in #2 and #1 positions in parallel. At night I turn on the 3BGS to keep the battery bank charged so I can get more shop time. But to my surprise with the balancing, the battery bank doesn't lose any voltage.

As I'm over curious about anything that is beyond my abilities, I started building the larger generator. But that's only because I understand the basics from building and using, testing, learning from this simple setup first.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    System

The most efficient way to USE what this system gives you is to rotate the batteries (so you want at least one resting) and USE the free mechanical power of the motor. You CAN pull loads offbattery 3 while charging the primaries, but the MOST efficient way is to just rotate the batteries. The more load you put on the motor, thefaster battery 3 charges and the sooner you have to rotate the batteries.

Leave a comment:

• john00287
    replied
    Wantomake, my third battery is two in parallel. If that doesn't work well, then I can rest one and rotate the other.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Majestic81 View Post
    That was initially my question ; I've removed the document as it will only misslead myself and other people.

That is not the goal here.
    Thanks!!

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Matt motor build

In the end cap that has the brush plate, drill the hole that the bolt threads into all the way through the end cap. Now flip it over and drill holes on both sides of it, creating s “slot” that the bolt will go through. Replace the bolts with LONGER all-thread. Put the cap back on and rotate it to where the timing is correct. If your slots are not long enough, drill more holes. When the timing is correct, put nuts on the all thread that is sticking up out of the slots, and tighten the cap down from the outside. If you want a really finished look, cut the all-thread the right length and you can use acorn nuts with a washer and a lock washer. That is the simplest way I know to give you all the adjustment you want. You can get a tiny bit more by removing the tabs on the bottom end cap so it can rotate freely also, but it will only rotate until the bolt going through the motor hits the magnet. Very LITTLE rotation, but SOME. The way I just described gives you the most adjustment, and you control it.
    Last edited by Turion; 01-18-2018, 02:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Originally posted by john00287 View Post
    Just an update. Got my 90ah deep cycle batteries and wired them up! Just waiting for the motor now.

[ATTACH]20363[/ATTACH]
    Just curious to why you got four batteries instead of just three.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• john00287
    replied
    Just an update. Got my 90ah deep cycle batteries and wired them up! Just waiting for the motor now.

IMG_4346.jpg

Leave a comment:

• wantomake
    replied
    Originally posted by liber63 View Post
    Hi Dave!
    Pulse is the answer!
    And deep cycle!
    Still trying to find my way after your last email. I have to do my homework first and then ask for the right questions. An effort not to look a complete idiot. People are watching.
    Wantomake with his project also helps alot!!!
    Darn it, I had to work all day so no shop time. Now a snow storm may be coming.

No if you are building you are smart and not an idiot. Glad the project is helping someone. Welcome to all builders.

wantomake

Leave a comment:

• liber63
    replied
    Hi Dave!
    Pulse is the answer!
    And deep cycle!
    Still trying to find my way after your last email. I have to do my homework first and then ask for the right questions. An effort not to look a complete idiot. People are watching.
    Wantomake with his project also helps alot!!!

Leave a comment:

• Majestic81
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
    I understand that document is open source but since I have wrote it I have learned a lot and realize there is a tremendous amount of errors in it. The system outlined in that document does not work as good as the three battery setup, which now is what I would endorse above all else.

If you wouldn't mind could you take it down so people are not mislead or confused by conflicting setups.

Thanks
    Matt
    That was initially my question ; I've removed the document as it will only misslead myself and other people.

That is not the goal here.

Leave a comment:

• machinationu
    replied
    That was funny, made my day!

thanks for the 3512, maybe a blue moon also helps. Worked for me..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X