Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest way is to burn it off, then sand what remains. I use a little flick lighter called “Wind Resistant” That has a glass piece in handle which lets you see how much fluid is left. Burns with forced flame like a cutting torch. Then #60 sandpaper, which is way course. But do it that way from habit. Don’t know if it’s the best.
    “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
    —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Testing while waiting

Still slow go with the modified Dave generator. In the mean time been assembling lithium ion 18650 size battery packs. Each one has 14+- volts each bundle. One bundle is 16 batteries each. 4 batteries in series as each row has 4 in parallel. One bundle powers the modified Matt motor fairly well. With the warm thaw it allows time to get some crazy tests out of my head.

Not sure how the lithium ions will react to the 3BGS setup with one bundle wired backwards. As these type batteries are fire hazards, don't try this unless you are knowledgeable of their dangers.

I plan to replace my solar bank with all lithium batteries. The life cycles is much longer with higher amp hours.

Just trying to keep up with modern tech while trying to improve the 3BGS setup.

wantomake

Comment

• batteries

Wantomake, if you are interested in keeping up with modern tech batteries, have a look at what Robert Murray-Smith is doing with batteries running motors here:

[VIDEO]fcK9JSxVNUc[/VIDEO]
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcK9JSxVNUc

Here he compares a hemp battery with a lithium one:
        [VIDEO]7K4eIOmiJL4[/VIDEO]
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K4eIOmiJL4

p.s. sorry if the vids don't show up, I cant remember how to do it right, and am out of time for now.

Comment

• over my pay grade

Originally posted by kenssurplus View Post
          Wantomake, if you are interested in keeping up with modern tech batteries, have a look at what Robert Murray-Smith is doing with batteries running motors here:

[VIDEO]fcK9JSxVNUc[/VIDEO]
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcK9JSxVNUc

Here he compares a hemp battery with a lithium one:
          [VIDEO]7K4eIOmiJL4[/VIDEO]
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K4eIOmiJL4

p.s. sorry if the vids don't show up, I cant remember how to do it right, and am out of time for now.
          Ken,
          Very interesting as this is proof that our technology is changing so fast. Hemp- who would have thought it?
          But that's a bit over my knowledge level and shop ability. I was able to watch both videos. Have seen many of his tests but my chemistry training was only two weeks in Tech College which I cancelled because my brains almost exploded. But strange enough I made the Dean's List that year for HVAC dept highest GPA. Haha.

wantomake

Comment

• lithium batts

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
            Still slow go with the modified Dave generator. In the mean time been assembling lithium ion 18650 size battery packs. Each one has 14+- volts each bundle. One bundle is 16 batteries each. 4 batteries in series as each row has 4 in parallel. One bundle powers the modified Matt motor fairly well. With the warm thaw it allows time to get some crazy tests out of my head.

Not sure how the lithium ions will react to the 3BGS setup with one bundle wired backwards. As these type batteries are fire hazards, don't try this unless you are knowledgeable of their dangers.

I plan to replace my solar bank with all lithium batteries. The life cycles is much longer with higher amp hours.

Just trying to keep up with modern tech while trying to improve the 3BGS setup.

wantomake
            Very much looking forward to data on the lithiums. They are fire hazards or at can be but those are the lithium cobalt and other variations.

They're expensive, but LiFePO4 - Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are not fire hazards, safer, more environmentally friendly, etc.

In either case, the advantage lithium batts have over lead acids besides being constant voltage batteries (lead acid are constant current) is that the ions are a fraction of the mass of lead acids - their internal impedance is a fraction of lead acids so theoretically, they should charge faster, a battery being put in "rest" mode shouldn't have to be in rest mode as long since there is less momentum of the charging mode to absorb fully by the battery, etc.

I've seen mixed results with LiFePo4 used in Bedini SG setups for example - it would be very interesting and important if you are able to exploit their advantages in the 3 battery setup. Supposedly, lithiums do not like to be pulsed with spikes or cap dumps and are more suited for steady current, but I have also seen situations where that didn't seem to be an issue.

Btw, I did rewind a scooter motor and will post something on that later. Still doing a few mods on the Kromrey but as soon as I can, I want to run the Kromrey on that motor.

Thanks for all your posts and glad to see some others starting to take part in this project and thanks to Matt and Dave for their continued support.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• More information

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Very much looking forward to data on the lithiums. They are fire hazards or at can be but those are the lithium cobalt and other variations.

They're expensive, but LiFePO4 - Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are not fire hazards, safer, more environmentally friendly, etc.

In either case, the advantage lithium batts have over lead acids besides being constant voltage batteries (lead acid are constant current) is that the ions are a fraction of the mass of lead acids - their internal impedance is a fraction of lead acids so theoretically, they should charge faster, a battery being put in "rest" mode shouldn't have to be in rest mode as long since there is less momentum of the charging mode to absorb fully by the battery, etc.

I've seen mixed results with LiFePo4 used in Bedini SG setups for example - it would be very interesting and important if you are able to exploit their advantages in the 3 battery setup. Supposedly, lithiums do not like to be pulsed with spikes or cap dumps and are more suited for steady current, but I have also seen situations where that didn't seem to be an issue.

Btw, I did rewind a scooter motor and will post something on that later. Still doing a few mods on the Kromrey but as soon as I can, I want to run the Kromrey on that motor.

Thanks for all your posts and glad to see some others starting to take part in this project and thanks to Matt and Dave for their continued support.
              Thanks Aaron,
              It has been hard to build the little lithium ion packs. Don't like soldering ends of batteries. But after doing a few got the hang of it. Reading/studying the methodology, there is much quicker and effective spot welding setups. They use the thin silver strips and tack them on each battery. I will use that method as I progress to larger Tesla wall units. Jehu Garcia has very good channel if anyone needs to know.

For testing purposes just smaller 12-14 volt bundles will be safer and easy as a starting point.

I only paid $1 each for 50 of these last year plus the few I had already from old laptop battery packs.

Looking forward to the Kromrey generator, would like to learn more about it. When days increase to 26 hours and my shop doubles in size, I plan to try the ZPM and Kromrey.

Yes thanks Matt and Dave for your patience and help. To all builders "gan ba tte" (you can do it!!!) as my Japanese wife encourages me and all of us together.

wantomake

Comment

• pictures Lithium Ion packs

Here is the three lithium ion packs to be used with the 3BGS in three battery positions.

27330255_1794536640577166_953555160_o.jpg27398559_1794536583910505_41484595_o.jpg

Will post any results when time allows me.
                wantomake

Comment

• Lithium packs

The lithium-ion packs didn't do well.

After looking at them I understand why those that use them have so many in one block. Just not enough amp hours in mine to hold up. But did take my crazy testing ideas. If I can afford hundreds then will use them in solar setup with 3BGS as backup.

Not a total waste of time.
                  wantomake

Comment

• Coil Winding...

Tonight I wound the coils. I haven’t cut off the excess and soldered yet. Currently I have 3 coil ends together under 3 lugs, then I skip a lug and the other 3 ends are together under 3 lugs. From an electrical standpoint, are the 3 ends of the 3 coils supposed to be tied together under 3 lugs? This part was baffling me as I would assume each coil wire would get it’s own lug. Thank you in advance!

56F4BF33-0513-4707-8600-898BD5D883EE.jpg

BC822CF0-FFFA-49B9-93C0-89EFF95D79DE.jpg

Jameson (just like the whiskey)

Comment

• Correction if I may

Originally posted by 2600 View Post
                      Tonight I wound the coils. I haven’t cut off the excess and soldered yet. Currently I have 3 coil ends together under 3 lugs, then I skip a lug and the other 3 ends are together under 3 lugs. From an electrical standpoint, are the 3 ends of the 3 coils supposed to be tied together under 3 lugs? This part was baffling me as I would assume each coil wire would get it’s own lug. Thank you in advance!

[ATTACH]20386[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20387[/ATTACH]

It looks like you have (1) single wire wound around each coil. No. You keep the three wires together at all times. Parallel to each other. Side by side they make one wire with three strands in it. Look at Matthew's video again, the first one.

I don't know how wide the (3) segments are on the commutator is. Open or bend back the three tabs carefully. Clean the lacquer from ends of three wires same length as the width of the 3 segments. Place that end with three wires together into the three segments. Gently bend the tabs down over the three wires. Three tabs hold the three wire ends. I used a small flat head screw driver and my hand to push it down.

Now go up to middle first rotor iron to start winding(refer to the video) the coil. As you look at it you should wind clock-wise. 40,30,30 wind all the coils with the three wires together as one trifilar wire.

Hope this helps. Matts videos really explains it in good detail.
                      wantomake
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLG...&v=faZIszrlllI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFR-d_oaYsY
                      Last edited by wantomake; 01-25-2018, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• no new info

To All,
                        No new building or improvements over the weekend. Hope all is well with new builds here.

Will try to get to re-wiring the MY1016 generator I'm using at present. Still trying to get back to building larger Daves generator. Things always slow to dead stop in winter time for me.

Keep at it and we'll get there,
                        wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by 2600 View Post

[ATTACH]20386[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20387[/ATTACH]

Check the correct diagram here
                          http://www.energeticforum.com/307553-post3532.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Majestic81 View Post
                            I thought you got the winding part as far as the diagram shows. But you asked about each coil getting it's own tab or lug. I'm sure I answered your question correctly. You've got correct winding pattern just had the tab connections question.

Hope my answers helped,
                            wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                              I thought you got the winding part as far as the diagram shows. But you asked about each coil getting it's own tab or lug. I'm sure I answered your question correctly. You've got correct winding pattern just had the tab connections question.

Hope my answers helped,
                              wantomake
                              Majestic81, thanks for the diagram!

Wantomake, yes you answered my questions about winding the coil properly. I ended up buying 3 spools of wire and pulling the 3 strands of wire off the spools as I wound the coils. All of the 100 total turns on each side of the rotor are continuous trifilar wound.

Jameson

Comment

• Hi all
                                it took me and a friend something like 5 hours of work but we finally made it. I was trying to avoid it so many months now but I run out of excuses. Three strands parallel of 24 Awg. Let's see what comes next!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X