Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadesz View Post
    Rod,

What cores are you using on your new Muller build?
    a solid peace of mild steel. wow it gets very hot.

Last edited by toranarod; 09-05-2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=toranarod;155367]a solid peace of mild steel. wow it gets very hot.

Thanks for the reply.
      Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's ~BW~ It's kind of fun to do the impossible ~WD~ From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way ~BW~ If I shall be like him, who shall be like me? ~LR~ Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s ~AN~

Comment

• I posted this in the other thread but meant to post it here...

Thought this would be a good time to mention this, from Bill Muller's website. It's about timing the circuitry of your generator coils.

The rotor is turned by a motor, such as a diesel engine or a windmill. As the rotor magnets revolve past the coils, the magnetic field induces a pulsating electrical current which can be used for any purpose. However, first the generated electricity must flow through a solid state switching circuit (which is not shown).

The switching circuit turns the stator coils "on" and "off" at the appropriate times to "clip" and channel the current flow. This prevents the buildup of forces which "buck" (back emf) the generator and reduces its output. This switching circuit gives the Muller Dynamo virtually zero rotor drag and virtually all of the motive force is turned directly into usable electrical energy.
        Muller Power.com ... Articles pertaining to Bill Muller's Motor/Generators

Rod, I would love if you sent me that program you wrote... relating to the driving coil. How do you want me to get you my e-mail?
        Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's ~BW~ It's kind of fun to do the impossible ~WD~ From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way ~BW~ If I shall be like him, who shall be like me? ~LR~ Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s ~AN~

Comment

• Here is some data on short circuits. There is no electronics of any kind.
          Just dead short, open circuit or no coil. It’s a basic comparison of core materials using the same coil. All core dimensions are the same only change is material structure.

I thought this was rather interesting.
          I think we know how to switch the Muller as bill did now what would be the best coil materials?

here is some data that i just collected. any Ideas guys?

one coil only. you all know how one coil upsets the balance of the Muller.
          but it is constant for all core test.

Comment

I posted this in the other thread but meant to post it here...

Thought this would be a good time to mention this, from Bill Muller's website. It's about timing the circuitry of your generator coils.

Rod, I would love if you sent me that program you wrote... relating to the driving coil. How do you want me to get you my e-mail?
            my observation yesterday before the bridge burnt out was better than zero drag. The acceleration pasted no coil installed.
            I have just been all over looking for Schottky diodes

If you want the program Email me. no problem.
            Last edited by toranarod; 09-06-2011, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
              my observation yesterday before the bridge burnt out was better than zero drag. The acceleration pasted no coil installed.
              I have just been all over looking for Schottky diodes

If you want the program Email me. no problem.
              I will try with Schottky diodes today I have plenty of them! I would have come to your place if i were in Australia. Thanks for your work!
              Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
              http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

I posted this in the other thread but meant to post it here...

Apparently Muller was using coil shorting?!

Comment

• @ROD:

Great setup you have there

I was thinking how to find the best way to document data for this effect.

I think the right way is to increase voltage of the DC motor from 1V to 10V (depends on the motor) in 0,5V (or smaller) steps and take current and rpm reading in each step and then plot the data in the chart below.

Do this without the coil and with shorted coil for each core type.

This way you will find the sweet spot (a bump in rpm) for every material.
                  And if you could measure coil inductance with each core it would be great.

This way we would get some really great insight into this effect and relation between frequency, inductance and core type.

Keep up the good work

P.S.
                  I Would love to test this myself and I have all the tools to do this only the time is working against me.
                  Thank you for sharing all the info open to the public.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by frenky; 09-06-2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• the one thing that's really peaked my interest is shorting the coil through the diode. when i short the coil through the bridge rectifier. its the same old Lenz law problem. short the coil directly and it very different effect. It speed up.
                    why does 1.4 volts make such a difference.
                    so its not about load as more about Voltage potential in relation to current flow.
                    we are looking at the phase shift and lag in the magnetic.
                    I feel like an explorer walking the path of the great explorers.

interesting how solid steel cores bring out the effect considerably but are not the best choice for a final prototype.

I think what we will end up with is not acceleration under load just no Lenz drag at all. a Lenz neutral generator.

I am waiting on the Black Iron Oxide - Fe3O4 to make some cores.
                    Last edited by toranarod; 09-06-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Rod,
                      I think that coil geometry plays a significant role in manifesting the effect. According to my previous calculations, the flatter the coil is the more delay it takes for Lenz to start reacting. And to my surprise the best result you have got is with this coil on the picture which is more flat than your other coils:

What I have observed after countless experiments is the fact that the more eddy currents circulate on the core, the more acceleration seems to get manifested! But it is not of so much value, because of drag. Don't let those solid cores mislead you. I really think that we are at the verge of a revolution.

Keep up the good work!

Elias

Comment

• Originally posted by elias View Post
                        Apparently Muller was using coil shorting?!
                        Hello elias

sounds like you have done your home work on the Muller Motor.
                        very happy to get the info that suggest we are on the right track.
                        this is very reassuring.
                        how are your experiments going.

Comment

• Originally posted by elias View Post
                          Rod,
                          I think that coil geometry plays a significant role in manifesting the effect. According to my previous calculations, the flatter the coil is the more delay it takes for Lenz to start reacting. And to my surprise the best result you have got is with this coil on the picture which is more flat than your other coils:

What I have observed after countless experiments is the fact that the more eddy currents circulate on the core, the more acceleration seems to get manifested! But it is not of so much value, because of drag. Don't let those solid cores mislead you. I really think that we are at the verge of a revolution.

Keep up the good work!

Elias
                          I am going to install that coil in the Muller setup next. have been planing this for some time just need to work out the core type. what would you suggest?

Comment

• Nice data.

Hm... I'm still wondering the slow down is due to eddy current or vibration when the core introduced. If we have a laminated and solid core of the same size, dimension and material, we can conclude this.

I agree with Elias about the fat coil. I think the property is L/R need to be as high as possible and the inductance is n^2/l telling that we can minimize the l by winding it flatter.

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                              the one thing that's really peaked my interest is shorting the coil through the diode. when i short the coil through the bridge rectifier. its the same old Lenz law problem. short the coil directly and it very different effect. It speed up.
                              why does 1.4 volts make such a difference.
                              I have notice that too

Comment

• The diode acts like a load with resistance, that is why it causes drag in the system. I think that you should go with your laminated cores that you used before, so that you can make a good comparison between the Adams style rotor and the Muller style rotor. I don't have much extra time these days to do the experiments, I do minor experiments every now and then. I have a full time job and that takes most of my time. I will quit my job if the experiments in the arena gets solid enough, and dedicate my full time to this, in order to get it out to the world. We might need to work together to get this out. Hopefully I will get some time to do some experimentation next week. Also don't forget to invest your cash in gold, it is rising up like mad.

Edit: This is a really good experiment: Difference Between Shorting and Loading, Delayed Lenz / Negative Lenz Effect - YouTube
                                Last edited by elias; 09-06-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X