Muller generator replication by Romerouk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys might like this
    I think it was wattsup, who mentioned about trialing a smaller motor for speed ups etc. Well, i've had great success with oddball coil shorting and whatnot and have returned to experiments, after making some batteries.
    This time, it's about 8 magnets, alternating faces on a perhaps familiar assembly of my cassette box rotor.
    2x 7 strand multi-strand coils were used in series and provided one heck of a speed from the 3.3V wall adapter (there's a vid on my YouTube channel),
    A 3rd multi-strand coil was added in series today and now the thing is very very quick indeed.

The vid below shows the tests, with an apparent speed up (or is it negating the 1ohm resistor ?)...but the fun part is toward the end.
    Deciding to do some shorting, by using a 6V bulb, the motor turned into a Formula 1 car

3 x series coils for F1 pulse motor ! - YouTube

Bit of fun

Comment

• this is a very important post

Hello to all. Elias, Slider.

I am sharing this with you who have been posting relentless here on the energetic forum and supporting this work I think this will help all of you.

I am very excited about some research I did today I saw my Muller almost accelerate its self of the Bench. until it burnt out the bridge rectifier.
      I have never had a generator coil over heat before and burn out the rectifier diodes.

I only had 1 schottky diode bridge rectifier. It did not work with the standard type.

We are very close. to something amazing.

As you know from my previous Post I have been experimenting with coil shorting.
      I have been getting better at it. Starting to understand how and why it does what it does.

I have a lot of information I want to share.

please see the two photos I have posted.

schottky diode bridge. very important in this test.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing that!

May you say at what speed you see the effect? I have not seen acceleration after bridge rectifiers?

That is amazing, it seems like your system was caught up in a type of positive feedback mechanism!!
        Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
        http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

• Hi Rod,

Perhaps voltage ratings of the Schottky diodes you use in the diode bridge cannot handle the 250V emf spikes? Unfortunately, there are no really high voltage Schottky diodes available, the fast and ultra fast switching diodes go up in the several hundred voltages but then they are of Si material.

If you wish to get rid of the diode bridge so that a dead short should mean near zero voltage across the gen coil instead of 1.8V (or twice the forward voltage drop of a bridge diode), then a MOSFET AC switch is to be considered. Such switch consists of to N-channel power MOSFETs connected in series: their source electrodes are joined and their gate electrodes are joined and the two open drains go directly to the gen coil ends to make a short whenever the common gate and source electrodes are triggered by a fast MOSFET driver. The two series MOSFETs already can have high enough voltage rating to handle even 500-700V spikes too.
          Sorry if you know already this kind of AC switching, perhaps this helps others here too.

Gyula

Comment

• Also this can be used, which will result in only one diode drop:

Comment

• Originally posted by elias View Post
              Also this can be used, which will result in only one diode drop:
              Hi Elias,

I apologize for coming but the diode bridge with the 4 diodes is a must for Rod if he uses a single MOSFET for coil shorting, had he not used the bridge then the single MOSFET's body diode across the drain and source electrodes would short out every second half wave which would be forward bias for it. The diode bridge isolates the AC output of the gen coil from the single MOSFET, this way the body diode can never sense forward bias voltage but a reverse one between its drain and source.
              So whenever the FET is ON, two diodes from the bridge 'clamps' the AC output via the drain-source ON resistance, this is why there is 1.8V (twice the forward drop) remaining across the coil.

rgds, Gyula

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                you are right. Just one interesting point the Muller configuration works very differently to the standard Bedini rotor setup. Even if the magnets and coils are the same it behave completely different. At the moment I cannot account for this.
                I am assuming you said the magnet strength and coil inductance/resistance is the same. I'm thinking the magnet spacing and magnet speed passing the coil maybe different. If the rotor size the the same, then the bedini setup would have higher magnet passing speed because it positioned at a higher radius. The RUK setup seems to have a closer magnets spacing. One other thing I may see is the field strength and flux maybe involved.

It's like when you have a garden hose shooting water through a loop. You can change the flux in the loop in two ways; Keep the hose still and increase/decrease water velocity or keep the velocity still and sweep it left or right.

Comment

• Thanks for the news Rod and Slider! Keep on keeping on, it's coming.

Question for Rod, what cores did you end up putting in your Muller?
                  Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's ~BW~ It's kind of fun to do the impossible ~WD~ From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way ~BW~ If I shall be like him, who shall be like me? ~LR~ Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s ~AN~

Comment

• Originally posted by gyula View Post
                    Hi Elias,

I apologize for coming but the diode bridge with the 4 diodes is a must for Rod if he uses a single MOSFET for coil shorting, had he not used the bridge then the single MOSFET's body diode across the drain and source electrodes would short out every second half wave which would be forward bias for it. The diode bridge isolates the AC output of the gen coil from the single MOSFET, this way the body diode can never sense forward bias voltage but a reverse one between its drain and source.
                    So whenever the FET is ON, two diodes from the bridge 'clamps' the AC output via the drain-source ON resistance, this is why there is 1.8V (twice the forward drop) remaining across the coil.

rgds, Gyula
                    Unless he uses the two Mosfets after the diodes. One for the upper half, and one for the lower half. I have also found out that the drag when the magnet approaches the coil is lower.

Comment

• Hi everyone!
                      As i continue experimenting with my rotor i found this strange phenomenon that i will try to describe.

The rotor spins freelly around 3000rpm

I connect a load (12V light bulb) and the rpm goes down around 1800rpm

Then, with the load connected i short the gen coil ( light bulb turns off ) and the rpm goes up around 2600.

This phenomenon happens only around 1500-2500 rpm and only with the load connected. I didn't use any capacitors like before;just the coil the light bulb and a simple cable to short the coil.
                      Does anyone have any ideea what is going on here??

Comment

• A question on the "motor" coil ?

ToranaRod
                        One of our very dedicated Open source engineers at OU dot Com
                        Is having trouble posting to this thread
                        He asks The following question

Teslalset
                        Quote,
                        For some reason I can't post messages on EF although I have a valid account.
                        Can somebody post a question to Toranarod to provide also the input power of the motor coil, to complete his table?
                        ------------------------
                        Question from Here

Confirming the Delayed Lenz Effect

Thank you

Chet
                        If you want to Change the world
                        BE that change !!

Comment

• Originally posted by mariuscivic View Post
                          Hi everyone!
                          As i continue experimenting with my rotor i found this strange phenomenon that i will try to describe.

The rotor spins freelly around 3000rpm

I connect a load (12V light bulb) and the rpm goes down around 1800rpm

Then, with the load connected i short the gen coil ( light bulb turns off ) and the rpm goes up around 2600.

This phenomenon happens only around 1500-2500 rpm and only with the load connected. I didn't use any capacitors like before;just the coil the light bulb and a simple cable to short the coil.
                          Does anyone have any ideea what is going on here??
                          what you are seeing is the beginning of acceleration under. How and why this is so?
                          Looking back at other post on this thread and there have been a range of
                          explanation presented.

you need to now find a way to make improvements to get past 3000 RPM.
                          look at you core materials. What is your core made from?
                          good work

Comment

• Rod,

What cores are you using on your new Muller build?
                            Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's ~BW~ It's kind of fun to do the impossible ~WD~ From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way ~BW~ If I shall be like him, who shall be like me? ~LR~ Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s ~AN~

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                              what you are seeing is the beginning of acceleration under. How and why this is so?
                              Looking back at other post on this thread and there have been a range of
                              explanation presented.

you need to now find a way to make improvements to get past 3000 RPM.
                              look at you core materials. What is your core made from?
                              good work
                              Hi toranarod! Thanks for the quick reply.
                              The core is ferite from an old AM radio antena. I was expecting this effect from iron,laminated core or mu metal but not from ferite

Comment

• Originally posted by mariuscivic View Post
                                Hi toranarod! Thanks for the quick reply.
                                The core is ferite from an old AM radio antena. I was expecting this effect from iron,laminated core or mu metal but not from ferite
                                I agree Ferrite never worked well for me. the best result was MU metal. I wish that stuff was no so difficult to get and work with.

the core I am testing at the moment is a solid peace of mild steel.
                                it get very hot
                                But it works in other ways as opposed to laminated cores.

Comment

Working...
                                X