Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing to learn

Hey guys,
    I really don't have much conventional training but I have learned so much from hands on experimenting.

There isn't much room inside the casing for coils, wiring, brushes, and the rods to hold the two end plates on. After wiring the armature and getting the unit completed, then the fun will begin.

Please post your results as you experiment. This would be most helpful to me to avoid wasting time and resources.

Thanks
    wantomake

Comment

• Thread life

Just a quick update.

After winding and installing coils in casing, I tried the motor side first with no startup at all. After trying the different wiring connections(series and parallel) I found that one coil was shorted. Back to winding coils again.

But still trying to make this work.

Also noticed this thread has died like so many others. Is this not a worthy project? Have so many given up that surely have more knowledge, resources, and skills than I do?

So I will just keep going no matter what.
      wantomake

Comment

• dying threads

Hi wanto, I never give up, as I'm sure many others'
        I just don't have the time.
        I just keep trying.
        It has to do with interrupting the flow, at just the right time.
        Interruption creates a spike ,...collect it and you can use it.
        Add a transformer coil to be pulsed by the on , off , and you can use that also....
        But How do you join them together??
        artv

Comment

• I have not given up either with the scooter motor, I just have no materials budget as of late . I believe that the commutator unless very polished produces some spiky behavior, but hopefully it is not enough to be worrying about the batteries. I've run the motor on 48v and last I checked the current does increase when loaded a lot, but as the voltage is raised the speed and hopefully the torque is also raised. I think this is good sign and possibly supports Electric Motor Secrets 2 claims? My next step is to run the motor on 72V and measure the torque. I also need to measure what the current shown by the analogue meter (300 mA or so) is over time, I think it's supposed to be higher current for brief periods, but the average works out to about 300 mA. I wonder if it is okay to exceed the battery's C20 rating for very brief periods? I would guess not...

Mike
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Blargus; 11-01-2013, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• No---We Havent given up. Just no time to devote to the projec right now.

For the motor coils, i used starter coils out of a 353 detroit engine and unwrapped them untill there were a bout five coils left otherwise there wont be any room to fit the generator coils. Then the slots in the case will fit just about right between the motor and gen coils. The feild poles on all four coils will only take about 3 armature slots each which will give just enough room to adjust the feild poles when loading the gen coils so the BEMF will aid in rotation. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Good to know

Thanks for replying,

Good to see that this is indeed a worthy project.

I believe there will be so many energy uses for this device.

Electric transportation, home energy, and so much that we need.

I made that statement to see if you were still there. I got my answer and renewed hope that this will get finished.

Thanks to all,
              wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                Just a quick update.

After winding and installing coils in casing, I tried the motor side first with no startup at all. After trying the different wiring connections(series and parallel) I found that one coil was shorted. Back to winding coils again.

But still trying to make this work.

Also noticed this thread has died like so many others. Is this not a worthy project? Have so many given up that surely have more knowledge, resources, and skills than I do?

So I will just keep going no matter what.
                wantomake
                If you build it like I say the motor will not run unless the generator coils have a very low resistance load. No its not dead, its just i cant get to the internet very much

Comment

• Originally posted by Hiwater View Post
                  No---We Havent given up. Just no time to devote to the projec right now.

For the motor coils, i used starter coils out of a 353 detroit engine and unwrapped them untill there were a bout five coils left otherwise there wont be any room to fit the generator coils. Then the slots in the case will fit just about right between the motor and gen coils. The feild poles on all four coils will only take about 3 armature slots each which will give just enough room to adjust the feild poles when loading the gen coils so the BEMF will aid in rotation. Hope this helps.
                  Its good to see you are still here

Comment

• which post

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                    If you build it like I say the motor will not run unless the generator coils have a very low resistance load. No its not dead, its just i cant get to the internet very much
                    Hey mbrownn,
                    Sorry don't remember which post that was. Will need to back up and try to refresh my memory.

I used an armature from another geny and there's too much space between it and the coils. So will order or visit local rebuilder shop to find one.

Hope your internet situation improves.

Thanks for your help,
                    wantomake

Comment

Hey mbrownn,
                      Sorry don't remember which post that was. Will need to back up and try to refresh my memory.

I used an armature from another geny and there's too much space between it and the coils. So will order or visit local rebuilder shop to find one.

Hope your internet situation improves.

Thanks for your help,
                      wantomake
                      Living in the Philippines we have suffered earthquakes and a devastating typhoon but that is not the internet problem, lack of work is hehe thanks for the kind words

Comment

• Dust off that work bench

Hello members,

Have started working on the Lockridge device again after finding more parts and much better weather here in southeast.

As I posted on another thread; the work on the trifilar coil is interesting and challenging.

Any thoughts or ideas.

Anyone had any success with this project?

Good to be back,
                        wantomake

Comment

Hello members,

Have started working on the Lockridge device again after finding more parts and much better weather here in southeast.

As I posted on another thread; the work on the trifilar coil is interesting and challenging.

Any thoughts or ideas.

Anyone had any success with this project?

Good to be back,
                          wantomake
                          With much research and testing we have established the reasons for the locations of all the coils within the motor case and why the splits are in the sides of the case. Our problem was the presence of AC and DC occurring in the generator coil, but I think we have that sorted now.

We need to build it exactly as it is shown in the EFV 14 video

The armature configuration is not yet confirmed but our next tests will narrow the possibilities down. The most likely configuration is Wave wound with a slight modification that would literally take less than 5 minutes to do.

There are many possible reasons for the trifler coil, but as it was wound directly onto the motor case, it tells us that it does have a magnetic function.
                          but to confirm this will require several tests. Its electrical function appears to be that of impedance matching, and there are several ways in which it could do this. To find out will again require testing all the possibilities in conjunction with the motor.

No we have not successfully reproduced the Lockridge yet, but we have made many advances in understanding how it works.

Although it resembles a motor, there is no conventional motor function. The generator is conventional in how it generates, but it is the generators geometry that provides the torque to make it spin. This is caused by the flux being forced to bend through an acute angle in the armature, and as the flux tries to straighten out, it causes the armature to turn. This geometry is provided by the splits in the side of the case and the location of the input field coils.

As the input is pulsed, it causes transformer actions to take place that result in an AC wave, but it is not a sine wave. This transformer action results in the AC wave appearing in the same coil as the DC generated output. The DC generated output, and the AC wave, are our two outputs created by a single input.

The BEMF is about 1/6th of what you would normally get because the powered field coils do not have any coils sweeping past them however there is BEMF in the armature and it is just as you would expect it to be. Normally with a motor under maximum load the BEMF would be half of the supply voltage with 5/6ths of this occurring in the field coils. Our field coils have no determinable BEMF. This means that 5/6ths of the of the input power is available to provide magnetic flux instead of half.

Half of the case and field coils have no function in generating but do work as a transformer providing AC.

This post is getting a bit long so I will stop here. You can read more on this thread Imhotep's Lab Interactive FAQ - View topic - The lockridge device

Comment

• Hello and still at it

Still having fun with lockridge device.

Have been working more and learning too. Thanks to mbrownn and hiwater over on another thread there has been some improvements.

The coils are the biggest challenge to get fitted inside small casing. Also the brushes and holders need much adjustments.

Was able to get 70 vdc output with 12 vdc input, which will power a small car lamp so far.

Just checking in,
                            wantomake

Comment

• lockridge device

Progress so far,
                              Case is finished. Armature not re-wound yet. Brush holders being fabricated. Trying to get wiring from coils in good arrangement for easier testing . And space for the trifilar coil.

Any advice from this forum would be great. This is where this discussion and thought originated from. Others on another forum are very helpful and I do thank them for it. The more help and advise given on this device the less time, money and brain cells, will be used up.

Just a thought,
                              wantomake

Comment

• progress

Hope to renew this thread,
                                Still experimenting with the Lockridge device. Have built the trifilar coil and capacitor around the case with spool to hold and protect them.
                                The capacitor does affect the trifilar coil to my surprise. But the casing of the generator doesn't . There's some heat build-up as expected. There's no motor coils, the generator coils ,it seems causes the motor to turn.

Anybody has any thoughts here would be great.
                                wantomake

Comment

Working...
                                X