Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Stuff

Downloaded the video and the calculator makes things much easier.

Thanks much!

Originally posted by zilano View Post
    THE VIDEO LINK BELOW IF ABSORBED FULLY IN MIND AND RELATE IT TO DON U WILL FIND HOW DON CIRCUIT WORKS. REMEMBERING THAT RESONANCE REDUCES POWER INPUT TO ACHIEVE LOWEST INPUT.

THE BUFFER CAPACITOR CAN BE USED AT INPUT AND OUTPUT IN DON CIRCUIT.

THIS BUFFER CAP ACTS AS FLYWHEEL AND BRING ABOUT FLYWHEEL EFFECT AND EXTEND A DELAY TO RELAY SWITCH FEEDING OUTPUT BACK TO THE INPUT IN DON DEVICE TO MAKE IT SELF FEEDING.

Capacitor charge via motor and diode - YouTube

VOLTAGE AND ENERGY OF CAP

IF U INCREASE MFD FROM 2 TO 4700 SEE IT YOURSELF HOW MUCH ENERGY U GET AT 10000 VOLTS

Electronics 2000 | Capacitor Charge / Energy Calculator

WHEN U USE C=4700 MFD AND VOLTAGE=10000 VOLTS
    U GET

Energy E = 235000 Joules
    THAT IS 235 KILO JOULES

RGDS
    ZZZZ

Comment

• Thanks

Good suggestions.And yes, DON LAST WORDS and the unconnected negative diode bridge makes a lot of sense to me.

There are more than one configuration for this first stage.Again, looking at Don's other devices and what we know, that is easily corrected.I have drawn my own versions.I will try this stuff in spice.At least this first stage.

Thank you for those interesting thoughts and suggestions .

Best regards,

Ged

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
      One diode is misplaced if we think it is diode bridge, but it isn't.
      I bet the negative connector of capacitor is a distraction. On schematics Don sent to Bruce Perreault negative side of diode bridge was not connected.

GEd, if you can simulate it in spice it would be interesting , but you must do it with NST coils :-( . Inside NST is surely Tesla dual output coil so to simplify you can take two flyback with common ground then connect capacitor negative to common ground and to Earth ground, then two HV ends to the "diode bridge" while only positive output to the capacitor. The other mod would be joining two outputs of "diode bridge" together.
      I think that was the purpose of misplaced diode of course assuming that Don was honest man. I'm also almost sure it could work beautifully if somebody could get such rare HV capacitor. Maybe even it will work for ordinary electrolytic capacitor like 1000uF 400V ???
      Last edited by Gedfire; 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano View Post
        specify the coiling direction then only i can comment.

zzzz
        there are to be no coils other than small inductors in the power supply.

Thank for returning here and sharing with us!

I will let you answer other people's queries as I don't want to distract from this thread and people who are "doing" instead of having thought experiments like me.

Thanks again Zilano!

Orion

Comment

• Thought for the Day

for though the meanings are perhaps right, they are only hypothetical, and may be wrong; and then, through a very imperceptible, but still very dangerous, because continual, influence, they do great injury to science, by contracting and limiting the habitual view of those engaged in pursuing it.

Michael Faraday

Comment

• Boguslaw Capacitors and other things

I'm also almost sure it could work beautifully if somebody could get such rare HV capacitor. Maybe even it will work for ordinary electrolytic capacitor like 1000uF 400V ???
            I am sure you are aware of these beauties.I just have to put more coins,no benjamins in my piggy bank to get em....

From Super Capacitors  and Ultracapacitors - New Super Energy Storage

ITS STILL POSSIBLE:

NASA has a research project to use supercapacitors in an electric bus called the Hybrid Electric Transit Bus. The energy used to start the engine and accelerate the bus is regenerated from braking. During test runs, a bus loaded with 30 supercapacitors, each of them weighing 32 kg and releasing energy of 50 kJ at 200 V managed to run for four miles.

nice

the cap section in this video is good too.

Wireless energy transfer - Wireless powered LEDs - YouTube

Ged

Comment

• Dragon circuit

Zilano which is Dragon circuit ? cause when you mentioned it I thought you were referring to Peculian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                Zilano which is Dragon circuit ? cause when you mentioned it I thought you were referring to Peculian.

its the 3 plate capacitor circuit. tread back in the thread.u will find it. see woopy videos how its being used.

rgds
                z
                z
                z
                z

Comment

• hi all
                  hi Zilano
                  what it is best method to make homemade variable capacitor has approx 200nF?to get resonance in primary coil.
                  the primary coil has 104 uH (80 T) and the frequency is 35Khz
                  thanks
                  FREE ENERGY = FREEDOM
                  raadawad[at]yahoo.com
                  eng.raied[at]yahoo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Eng.raied View Post
                    hi all
                    hi Zilano
                    what it is best method to make homemade variable capacitor has approx 200nF?to get resonance in primary coil.
                    the primary coil has 104 uH (80 T) and the frequency is 35Khz
                    thanks
                    u can use hard old hard disk platters as done by woopy. or u can use alluminium sheets separated by mylar sheet or any transparent file folder plastic. use many sheets or alluminium either roll them in cylinder or use em as used by woopy variable capacitor way.

Build Your Own Transmitting Air Variable Capacitors
                    link below

Build Your Own Air Variable Capacitors!

rgds

zzzz
                    Last edited by zilano; 05-22-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

u can use hard old hard disk platters as done by woopy. or u can use alluminium sheets separated by mylar sheet or any transparent file folder plastic. use many sheets or alluminium either roll them in cylinder or use em as used by woopy variable capacitor way.

Build Your Own Transmitting Air Variable Capacitors
                      link below

Build Your Own Air Variable Capacitors!

rgds

zzzz
                      Excellent stuff!!!

Just what I've been dying to ask, but never realised you could even make your own variable capacitors.

Comment

• super cap energy circuit

super cap energy circuit

Super capacitor energy power - YouTube

all courtesy- Internet

Comment

• Originally posted by nutgone View Post
                          Excellent stuff!!!

Just what I've been dying to ask, but never realised you could even make your own variable capacitors.

LC Resonance Frequency Calculator at WhatCircuits.com

initialize all L C F parameters for any fresh calculation else u get erroneous result.

Comment

LC Resonance Frequency Calculator at WhatCircuits.com

initialize all L C F parameters for any fresh calculation else u get erroneous result.

Thanks for that.

Also, not forgetting to factor in the coil's own capacitance.

(I'm hoping to get building tomorrow. I've got most of my preliminary components, but have been too busy with everyday stuff & doing favours for family! )

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                              One diode is misplaced if we think it is diode bridge, but it isn't.
                              I bet the negative connector of capacitor is a distraction. On schematics Don sent to Bruce Perreault negative side of diode bridge was not connected.

Clarification:

When you connect the negative lead of the FWBR to capacitor 12 you draw the electrons from the battery supply that feeds the NST. The negative lead of the FWBR must be directly connected to a ground rod to draw electrons from the planet.

-Bruce P

I'm also almost sure it could work beautifully if somebody could get such rare HV capacitor. Maybe even it will work for ordinary electrolytic capacitor like 1000uF 400V ???
                              They ain't cheap:

Tesla Coils, Plans, Parts, Kits Page 2

Specialized Capacitors for High Power Tesla Coils

These specialized capacitors are made for Tesla coil applications where high frequency and high current operation is required.

Capacitors are constructed with a polypropylene dielectric being specially wound to reduce corona and have a high voltage standoff capability. Capacitors are also designed to withstand the multiple discharges of a rotary gap system of up to 600 breaks per minute with a suggested operating frequency of 30 kHz.

Capacitors are enclosed in a high impact PVC tubing and epoxy sealed. Terminations are via appropriate sized studs axially positioned. Our standard value is .05 ufd at 20 kvac (but others are available). This value provides an excellent combination when used with the readily available 14.4 kvac pole transformer in the 7 to 10 kva range. One capacitor will utilize one half this kva range while two in parallel with utilize the full rating and produce in excess of 10 foot discharges. (We use the .01u/10KVAC capacitor in our BTC30 tesla coil, and the .02u/10KVAC capacitor in our BTC40 tesla coil.)

.01u/10KVAC - Cylindrical, 1-3/8 x 4-1/4" (used in our BTC30) .......$99.50
                              .02u/10KVAC - Cylindrical, 3-1/2 x 7-1/4" (used in our BTC40) .....$229.95
                              .05u/20KVAC - Cylindrical, 6-5/8 x 14" ...............................................$55 9.95
                              .1u/20KVAC - Cylindrical, 6-5/8 x 22" .................................................$ 749.95

I have heard from Tesla coilers that polypropylene is an excellent choice for coil former.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                                Can you tract this picture source ? On the left looks like a crude inverter to me with thyristor kind of discharging capacitor into primary coil. The big cap charging circuit is interesting if it's not a hoax.
                                Non of Don's devices were a hoax, they all had high efficiencies.

No one ever witnessed one of Don's devices self sustain, not even Bruce.
                                If what you are really looking for is an A-Z of how to build a fully working self sustaining device, give up on Don Smith and take this next path.

Courtesy of - TEAM ION VALVE -

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65234242/ION...%20History.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65234242/bk28.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65234242/BK29beta-2.pdf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65234242/His...l%20Diodes.pdf

MORE TO COME

Comment

Working...
                                X