Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
    @All
    ...you will see the difference right away in performance. It is much better than a 15-3.
    Lidmotor
    Not in my case
    My 15-3 is way more powerful than 18-1 but it also much more difficult to tune.

Dr., great work as usual!

ABC

Comment

• Sorry for the mis-understanding but I was referring to the back of the 47 LED board, as in the diode confusion I was having was I did not know where they went. I want to start making a LED board and just wanted to know how the diodes were arranged in the circuit.

Now I am going to find the dimensions for those coils, I think I wrote it down here somewhere...

Thank you.

Comment

• Triggered SEC feedback loop

@Dr. Stiffler & All
        I was able to partially replicate the feeback loop experiment. I think I understand what is supposed to happen but lacking the needed signal generator I had to improvise. I used my SEC15-3 to feed a signal to the SEC-18 transmitter tower. The little "tickler" signal coil on this setup, however, looked like it was actually feeding the main circuit power not just exciting it.
        Anyway it was interesting so I made a video of it.

YouTube - Triggered SEC feedback loop

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by CosmicFarmer View Post
          Sorry for the mis-understanding but I was referring to the back of the 47 LED board, as in the diode confusion I was having was I did not know where they went. I want to start making a LED board and just wanted to know how the diodes were arranged in the circuit.

Now I am going to find the dimensions for those coils, I think I wrote it down here somewhere...

Thank you.
          @CosmicFarmer

The two diodes are normal av plug to each end of led series string with of course proper polarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
            @Dr. Stiffler & All
            I was able to partially replicate the feeback loop experiment. I think I understand what is supposed to happen but lacking the needed signal generator I had to improvise. I used my SEC15-3 to feed a signal to the SEC-18 transmitter tower. The little "tickler" signal coil on this setup, however, looked like it was actually feeding the main circuit power not just exciting it.
            Anyway it was interesting so I made a video of it.

YouTube - Triggered SEC feedback loop

Cheers,

Lidmotor
            @Lidmotor

You are likely correct, this demo needs a single excitation frequency that is the second spatial resonant frequency of the coil. Unless as I advised you can see the lockup and first exciter frequency one is exciting everything, maybe the circuit board itself this is of course the need for an SG to 25MHz.

Great effort and another fine video. Sorry I could not see a simpler to show this.

Comment

• Eventually,

Stiffler becomes change!

YouTube - Gina Rene - Be The Change - from her new album Episode:1 "Renegade"

NT, TR

Love & Brothership!

Comment

• Well, I got my SEC18-1 today and let's just say that it's an interesting piece of technology. I have to say that I was a bit surprised by its small size--I guess I got used to seeing the enlargement of it up on stifflerscientific.com.

I unhooked the 1-wire circuit from my tower and plugged it in to the SEC18, powered it up (18V), and... Nada. Not even a glow on the onboard LED. So I figured that it was tuned to a different coil; of course it isn't going to work out-of-the-box on mine. I tried tuning it with a small jeweler's screwdriver but the best I could do was pretty much identical to what I got with the 1-wire circuit: Bringing my finger near to the tower would cause the LEDs to light up to near full brightness. Which is the opposite of what's supposed to happen.

I then got myself a two-foot long wooden dowel and stuck a stiff piece of thin plastic in the tip for a blade and was able to tune it to a spot where the LEDs would come on full brightness with a steady 30-40mA draw. Also, the LEDs would extinguish whenever I brought my hand near the tower. Success! It lit up all 15 LEDs to full brightness, so I don't think there's a voltage/power problem there Doc. The transistor gets quite hot, but that's probably because I'm not loading this thing down enough. It's interesting to note that the on-board indicator LED would not light up at all, not even the slightest little bit. Not sure why that is.

Also interesting is that the LEDs would dim if I brought the second tower near the first, but that's probably a tuning issue. One step at a time. Now I've got to make an even bigger LED string to see what happens, but I think I know the outcome of that experiment. Also I think I can make the 1-wire version work now; I'll definitely keep you posted on that Doc.

I owe you some beers. Maybe a case. And, even though I don't have any credentials higher than a bachelor's degree, I'll give you my name as well.

James "Shamus" Hammons
                Last edited by Shamus; 10-02-2009, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Yup. Nice work Shamus! Its encouraging to hear of your success.

I need to get a small 12.5mm OD plastic or lucite rod and then some tin cups, and then dismantle this consumer grade LED board and reconfigure it the right way.

One question, for the SR, would a crystal oscillator work for the Mhz frequency input, ?

FEI Model FE-205A, FE-405A, FE-505A DOCXO Double Oven Controlled Quartz Crystal Oscillators

"Any Frequency 5 Mhz to 25 Mhz"

Just a one or two part solution to your "equipment problem", possibly.
                  Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 10-02-2009, 12:12 PM. Reason: fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                    Well, I got my SEC18-1 today and let's just say that it's an interesting piece of technology. I have to say that I was a bit surprised by its small size--I guess I got used to seeing the enlargement of it up on stifflerscientific.com.

I unhooked the 1-wire circuit from my tower and plugged it in to the SEC18, powered it up (18V), and... Nada. Not even a glow on the onboard LED. So I figured that it was tuned to a different coil; of course it isn't going to work out-of-the-box on mine. I tried tuning it with a small jeweler's screwdriver but the best I could do was pretty much identical to what I got with the 1-wire circuit: Bringing my finger near to the tower would cause the LEDs to light up to near full brightness. Which is the opposite of what's supposed to happen.

I then got myself a two-foot long wooden dowel and stuck a stiff piece of thin plastic in the tip for a blade and was able to tune it to a spot where the LEDs would come on full brightness with a steady 30-40mA draw. Also, the LEDs would extinguish whenever I brought my hand near the tower. Success! It lit up all 15 LEDs to full brightness, so I don't think there's a voltage/power problem there Doc. The transistor gets quite hot, but that's probably because I'm not loading this thing down enough. It's interesting to note that the on-board indicator LED would not light up at all, not even the slightest little bit. Not sure why that is.

Also interesting is that the LEDs would dim if I brought the second tower near the first, but that's probably a tuning issue. One step at a time. Now I've got to make an even bigger LED string to see what happens, but I think I know the outcome of that experiment. Also I think I can make the 1-wire version work now; I'll definitely keep you posted on that Doc.

I owe you some beers. Maybe a case. And, even though I don't have any credentials higher than a bachelor's degree, I'll give you my name as well.

James "Shamus" Hammons
                    @All
                    Fellows if we remember I had nothing but troubles with the 15 series boards because no one had or could locate the correct tool for adjusting coil slugs, granted I found later the slugs were a bit brittle also, yet you needed the correct tool. I was unaware that it cost an arm and a leg to purchase such a tool. Therefore I changed from the coil to the trimmer capacitor in the 18 and 20 series. Same problem, you need a correct tool, how can I win here???

@Shamus
                    Except for one thing I can understand what you have indicated. The tuning LED? Has it ever indicated? The LED as you see runs from the negative pulses on the base of the transistor, these pulses are generated when when the transistor is in operation (oscillation mode). The board is designed to oscillate regardless of trimmer location, therefore with a correct load you should not be able to get it to go out by changing the trimmer.

The purpose of the tuning LED is two fold, to tell the circuit is oscillating and to act in connection with the two diodes in series with it to regulate Veb of the transistor, if this is not done the Beta will decrease by at least 1/2 in the first few minutes of operation. It is possible the transistor has become defective, please try the spare and see what happens. To insure the LED is not defective please perform this test.

Connect the Negative (-V) of the board to the Positive of a small 9V transistor battery. Place a 10K resistor in series with a clip lead from the Negative of the battery. Touch the resistor to the top (facing transistor) side of the LED connection on the board. The LED should be fair in output. This means the LED of course is good. If it don't light I want to replace the board for you. Please PM me at the lab. (*See the 1.4 of Documentation and test is included)

Now the load and tuning. The boards are (as in specifications document) are tuned to 48 LED board of SuperWhite LEDS as shown in the documentation. If a different load is used it is specified the trimmer will require readjustment. Also the documentation addresses the parallel capacitor added across the trimmer to limit its tuning range. This of course was done with the 48 LED load. The purpose here is that no one would receive a dead board from a tuning problem.

Let me know how it comes out, please..
                    Last edited by DrStiffler; 10-02-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CosmicFarmer View Post
                      Yup. Nice work Shamus! Its encouraging to hear of your success.

I need to get a small 12.5mm OD plastic or lucite rod and then some tin cups, and then dismantle this consumer grade LED board and reconfigure it the right way.

One question, for the SR, you need a 25Mhz frequency input, would a crystal oscillator work?

FEI Model FE-205A, FE-405A, FE-505A DOCXO Double Oven Controlled Quartz Crystal Oscillators

"Any Frequency 5 Mhz to 25 Mhz"

Just a one or two part solution to your "equipment problem", possibly.
                      @CosmicFarmer

The generator should be able to got to 25MHz depending the coils you have wound and the overall spacial resonance of the coil.

Sorry I thought I was clear on the video in that the coils were in Spatial Resonance. In my case this was around 17.4MHz and is 1.5 times the Spatial Resonance of the coil that is being excited.

The excitation is critical and must not be any greater in amplitude than required to trigger the oscillation, again in the video this was less than 1V PP.

If you do not understand the Spatial Resonance I have a couple videos out there showing how it is measured and you can see a couple documents on Scribd.

Happy tuning....

Comment

• Another video from Inquorate

I've tried getting the sec self running, but without the right tools, no luck.

I have had some success getting mine to Exciter mode with 5 volts, but I need to work on my tunable inductor setup.

Here's a video showing the method for or science behind obtaining gain with the SEC's however.

YouTube - sec exciter energy gain (NOT RF)

Love and light
                        Last edited by Inquorate; 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM. Reason: Changed youtube video title a bit
                        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Totally Ironic

You know it is a shame that humanity is where it is at and I give it little hope of improvement before it self destructs.

After my "Steam Release" my web site has been shut down twice and I am again receiving emails with forged IP's.

You got to love ignorance..................

Comment

• Early 18x User Documentation Manual

I placed one of the early manuals on Scribd. The current documentation is only available to owners.

Dr. Ronald R. Stiffler's Shared Upload | Scribd

Comment

• Low level reflected solar light running a SEC

@All
                              I ran a SEC 15 yesterday evening using the reflected setting sunlight coming through a window. I have a small 12v/ 2watt panel that worked. It also worked off the 48 leds running on the SEC 18. I have a computer o-scope now and it worked great to show this happening.
                              Doc has a video of an led to solar panel feedback and this is what I was working at doing. What I didn't expect was that the panel picked up the energy around the SEC also and turned it into electricity even without the led light hitting the panel. Interesting stuff folks.

YouTube - Low Solar SEC & scope shots

Lidmotor

Comment

• Doctor,

Which one is 18 series? Can you post drawing?

On the latest S.R. video, what happens when you put apart and close towers?

Is this an active casimir cavity?

Do you have higher spatial coherence return or CEC value when cavity is smaller?

Does top hat has to be on top of an extra coil?

How did you calculate (tap turns at 37 and extra coil 106) Based on Tesla's magnifying transmitter?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by samedsoft; 10-02-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X