• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Required Reading at BroMikey's Academy Training

The basics of stepper motors

https://learn.adafruit.com
    /all-about-stepper-motors/what-is-a-stepper-motor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngx2dKl5jU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by BroMikey; 09-16-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Here is what Thane H. is referring to when he says he is using a
      stepper motor. He means he has permanent magnets and precisely
      controled coil phases. With good phase control he collects BEMF back
      to the battery not at all what a stepper motor does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc8zcst2blU

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-16-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• How a Stepper Motor Works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWMai3oirnM

Comment

• Another explanation of the basic operation of PMM stepping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqwLiowZiU

Comment

• Cheater drive for stepper motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEcQW5rCbSQ

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-17-2017, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• A picture is worth a thousand words.

50* sine wave shift, 90* shift

All input values in AC voltages from a battery thru an inverter board.

Output or load current measured DC from converter board also AC
              voltages shown. Since speeds of 3000 rpm's and higher are observed
              we can conclude a high enough frequency of operation should warrant
              the use a fast of ultra fast recovery bridge diode converters.

Picture stills have been enlarged from HQ video.

Load no load visual, you decide. The biggest shock to me was the AC
              inputs. Cos power factor. Drive voltage 30-40-50-113vac from a module.

I apologize for all of the scrolling on such large foto's but this is very
              important to me.

Thank you Thane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Last edited by BroMikey; 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Determining motor or generator frequency

The number of poles (magnetic poles) and the rotational speed determine
                the output frequency: Freq = Engine_RPM * Number_Of_Poles / 120.
                Typically, a United States portable generator runs at 3600 RPM,
                with 2 poles, for a design frequency of 60Hz

Carrying this out we can calculate but before I do the submarines
                and other large 1900's generators had 20 poles like I do on my genny.
                In Thanes case 24 poles. The old generators of the past and present
                using 20- 24 pole ran at 300-400 rpm's to get the 50-60HZ needed.

Working in reverse we can see the 2 pole motor calculation and in my
                case running 20 poles at 3600 rpm's I am operating at 600hz.

Comment

• Magnets

Hello
                  The magnets must sit tightly together. Otherwise it won't work.

Greeting
                  Lota

Comment

• Originally posted by lota View Post
                    Hello
                    The magnets must sit tightly together. Otherwise it won't work.

Greeting
                    Lota

Tightly together? How do you mean? What won't work? Some have
                    only 6 magnets and others 8 magnets and it works to generate and
                    speed up under a load.

Maybe rotor magnets pushed tightly together are a more efficient
                    means of generating? I am not sure what you mean by "IT WON'T WORK"
                    Last edited by BroMikey; 09-18-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion
                      Unless you are going to run your devices directly off the generator output, it doesn't really matter WHAT the Hz output of the machine is. It is best to wind your coils so that the voltage output of the (coils) machine at the RPM you are able to run it at is between 26-28 volts. MORE (shorter) STRANDS decreases the voltage and increases the amps. This gives you PLENTY of amps to run an inverter between the output coils and a bank of batteries arranged in parallel so that they can all be charged while you are running the inverter off the output from the generator. (On a potential difference or 3 battery type system) Once the bank is charged, simply throw a switch and now the inverter runs off the charged battery bank and you shut off the generator.
                      Lovin those repeats

Always good to hear from a pro. I have been thinking of that as you have
                      just stated and want to do it. Another thing about the way my brain is
                      wired up is that Thane is running a motor using 24 poles.

So looking at just Thane and not me or you. Still I love my big HV coil.

I remembered how small a 400hz motor is that is 3 phase
                      compared to say a single phase 1/2hp. It's a crazy reduction is
                      size per capacity so for a motorcycle this version specific build
                      Thane is using is so awesome.

Probably a 1000hz capable circuit board creating a variable frequency
                      drive right on the bike. Maybe not the first one but guaranty you that
                      is his final goal. Use high efficiency circuit converters and inverters
                      operating at the per cycles per second of course.

So awesome, so small, so efficiency and free energy will be here
                      before we know it. Well nothing is free, he still has to promise the
                      mob that he will give them whatever they want or THEY will stack
                      so much red tape on him he won't be able to stay out of jail.

I forgot to mention Thane is very wise. He will do what is needed
                      to stay off of THEIR front lawn so to speak. Extending the range of
                      an electric car or bike for the rich is a great start.

Mean while back down here where we all live digging for a few scraps
                      the poor man wishes he could could get in on something easy.

Here is my solution. Listen to the voice of experience and based on
                      that chose what is easiest for you. Theoretically the common guy could
                      run 117vac to turn a rotor and get more back than he is putting in.

Just plug in an ac motor to the wall like BroMikey and keep adding
                      coils all around the rotor till 200 watts becomes 600watts.

It's a first step. Wouldn't you say I am right Turion Man?
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 09-19-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

So you have an efficient motor turning a rotor past coils that cause the motor to speed up under load.
                        What is the next step?
                        In order to get the output to exceed the input you will need MORE coils. Can these be added without negatively affecting the performance of the motor? If NOT, you are done. That is the next step.
                        Yes I have thought about what might happen when i add another coil.
                        I think that if I have 1 coil (as in this case) speeding up under loaded
                        conditions (meaning I am getting free energy) that relieves the burden
                        on the prime mover 300ma to 400ma I could keep adding.

Negative effects? You mean cogging? Yeah cogging could be bad.
                        My Ac drive motor is 117vac and with just a rotor running at 70 -90 vac
                        it draws 1.70amps to 2.00 amps.

Start ups are a beast

I noticed in my case that during start up amp draws far far exceed
                        design perimeters orbiting out to maximum warp at 8 amps -7 amp
                        -6 amps and this took several seconds. Naturally my 2.7 amp motor
                        bit the dust after a few dozen trans-warp drive engagements.

So my problem was start up. I stuck a rattly clutch on it and everything
                        went back to normal. Since i have ordered and received a fresh set of
                        clutch parts and pieces to have a pro job on my clutch.

My goal was and is to have the rig kick on and draw nearly the same
                        as when the 24 filar coil is engaged. I know that is a joke but I got
                        close, start ups are 2.5amps in the first one second it drops right
                        away well with in the ratings of sane engineering.

This will allow me to use 3 or 4 batteries in series with and inverter
                        drawing 9-10 amps then charging a 24vdc bank in parallel then send it
                        back around with my boost circuit.

That was and is the goal, split the positive comfortably without that
                        Klingon style amp draw on start up sending my systems crashing before
                        i hit the neutral zone.

Since this is well with in reach i think it might be possible to keep adding
                        by staggering in a lead and lag formation of poles and maybe having my
                        24 strand coil switchable into a series start up mode.

Putting 24 strands in series during start up might make life easier on
                        my clutch with half a dozen Tesla coils peppered around the
                        circumference of the rotor. Just guessing that around 300 rmps I
                        would get a boost.

Like you said series parallel, series series parallel, there is no allegiance
                        to any forms or rituals we have to adhere to. "Options" is a direct quote
                        you made and I know from the patent that all frequencies can be met
                        with the SUUL conditions, so why not have these systems switchable
                        where they function at sub-light as well as warp 9?

It's been fun, gotta run.

Last edited by BroMikey; 09-19-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• I forgot to add.

With just 35% of this coil connected I get a relief of 350ma with
                          approx an excess output generated of 20 watts. 220vac loaded at 100ma.

I suspect this phase shift near 70 percent. I installed my special magnet
                          onto my encoder wheel last night. I would like to see RPM's. I would
                          like to see scope shots but where the rubber meets the road is something
                          else.

If I can continue to add coils without dragging down the prime mover I
                          may go to a 1 amp draw instead of 2 amps and 200 watts left over to
                          run CFL bulbs or 110vac LED bulbs , 2 in series.

I think there is a chance it may work. The only problem is the hz are
                          way to high. I am running 500 hz approx

I have never connected a 500 hz source to a 60hz set of bulbs yet so
                          who knows maybe I can burn up a few trying and in the end power a
                          string of 6 in series.
                          Last edited by BroMikey; 09-19-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• First picture

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                            REGEN-XTRA Goes commercial.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/regenxtra-inc-autonomous-self-charging-electric-pdi-ceo-thane

--------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bromikey,
                            Do you know a company that can custom make the "C" cores in the first picture?
                            Or where I could purchase that material those are made of. I've tried to find the laminated core stock, but can't find any. I do have old transformers that may work. But will be another DIY project to learn how to fabricate my own.

If not then no problem, thanks anyway.
                            wantomake

Comment

• Originally posted by wantomake View Post
                              Bromikey,
                              Do you know a company that can custom make the "C" cores
                              in the first picture?
                              Or where I could purchase that material those are made of.
                              I've tried to find the laminated core stock, but can't find any.
                              I do have old transformers that may work. But will be another
                              DIY project to learn how to fabricate my own.

If not then no problem, thanks anyway.
                              wantomake
                              I have explained what to do in post #302 in SPLITTING THE POSITIVE"
                              Check it out. I would not blow out a bunch of money (Let me do that)
                              until you are sure what rotor you are going to use.

In post #302 I show how the average beginner can SUUL using commonly
                              available core materials. These cores like you and I are seeing Thane
                              produce for a commercial generator are for operation at 400hz however
                              the wire itself is the HT wire of HIGH TEMP wire that is able to handle
                              5 amps continuous plus 10 amps short cycles using a tiny gauge wire.

What this all means is that much time is given to perfect geometry
                              and perfectly balancing a specific length of wire to a core that works
                              at the higher frequency. Thanes core is vibration proof and fits tightly
                              into a slut for a design that can be mass produces.

Some of these things are not important to you and I. Turion uses iron
                              cores and has COP's of 20 plus.

Comment

I'm not sure Thaine HAS a patent on the multifilar coils wound in parallel but connected in series. I have only ever seen his patent APPLICATIONS. I DO know that his applications do NOT list Tesla's 120 year old pattent as prior art, which is strange since that is EXACTLY what Tesla said to do. I believe that since Tesla's patent has long expired and is in the public domain, Thaine may have a hard time getting a patent for the same thing. I believe Thaine started with high impedance coils, and it was much later that he switched to multifilar coils.

As I have been saying for a long time now, ANY coil will speed up under load at the right frequency. The magic is in learning to manipulate the capacitance, inductance, iimpedance frequency for a COMPLETE design that works. You cannot simply build a "magic coil" that speeds up under load. It has to be in the presence of the RIGHT sized rotor with the RIGHT number and size of magnets turning at the RIGHT RPM

I think you are correct that Thane started out by using high impedance
                                coils such as the HV side of the microwave transformer block he opened
                                up on one end facing it to his rotor magnets. It was a beginning for him.

But as time went on he wound a huge coil that had thicker wire and learned
                                that he needed more amps than a microwave transformer high side coil
                                could supply. In the video he states that in 2008 he made a large coil that
                                looks like a huge battery pack from a carpenters cordless drill.

He accidentally built his first coil with a thick piece of wire he called his
                                regenerative braking coil and right over top he wound the so called re-
                                generative coil that was much much longer and finer wire.

In one video Thane states that he was working on a project "way back
                                when" that would improve an electric cars ability to regenerate current
                                back to the batteries upon braking. Thane stated that he accidentally
                                ran across this phenomena during this type of investigation.

The story goes that Thane got his azz thrown out in the street, book bag
                                and all, from a well known college that did not want to admit that Thane
                                was smarter than all of them. Thane may sound funny to listen to but he
                                is a follower of the experiment.

Thane stated that he tried to contact a certain professor to show his
                                results hoping for a better outcome in this whole matter to no avail.
                                THEY had THEIR collective minds were made up before the school's bricks
                                were laid.

Thane claimed it was an accident that he and others were working on
                                a project to get more power back to the battery when braking. He
                                stumbled onto it by making a 2 coil set, 1 braking and 1 coil for his
                                experiments.

This is the equivalent (depending on connection) to a Tesla bifilar coil.

I am sure you will agree. Thane is locked into a world of existing
                                structures on electric devices which is what we need. He must stay
                                inside this tiny compartment where rotor magnets already rotate and
                                generate. There is not much room.

Thane is capable of more.

Now Mr Turion @ you

Your multifilar coil is the most exotic innovation this side of the ocean
                                blue and thrills me to no end using it. It solves all of the problems of
                                first time failures, it gives the experienced builder options and possesses
                                a capacitance storage of energy that one or two times about knocked
                                my socks of literally.

It is the most exciting thought of the day. I am moving ahead slow. I want
                                to go slow. I want the split positive set up at the same time as I am
                                adding coils. I have not ordered the inverter yet but I will, everything else
                                is on the way.

I can't miss, is the greatest thought of the day, you, Thane, John B. and
                                so so many others who stumbled onto this effect often unable to explain
                                it have led the way. Now it is my turn and others to pick up the ball
                                and run with it.

Keep stirring the pot.
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 09-23-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X