Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry in advance for the long post...but you should read it:

Self-actualization

The last level is a bit different. Maslow has used a variety of terms to refer to this level: He has called it growth motivation (in contrast to deficit motivation), being needs (or B-needs, in contrast to D-needs), and self-actualization.

These are needs that do not involve balance or homeostasis. Once engaged, they continue to be felt. In fact, they are likely to become stronger as we “feed” them! They involve the continuous desire to fulfill potentials, to “be all that you can be.” They are a matter of becoming the most complete, the fullest, “you” -- hence the term, self-actualization.

Now, in keeping with his theory up to this point, if you want to be truly self-actualizing, you need to have your lower needs taken care of, at least to a considerable extent. This makes sense: If you are hungry, you are scrambling to get food; If you are unsafe, you have to be continuously on guard; If you are isolated and unloved, you have to satisfy that need; If you have a low sense of self-esteem, you have to be defensive or compensate. When lower needs are unmet, you can’t fully devote yourself to fulfilling your potentials.

It isn’t surprising, then, the world being as difficult as it is, that only a small percentage of the world’s population is truly, predominantly, self-actualizing. Maslow at one point suggested only about two percent!

The question becomes, of course, what exactly does Maslow mean by self-actualization. To answer that, we need to look at the kind of people he called self-actualizers. Fortunately, he did this for us, using a qualitative method called biographical analysis.

He began by picking out a group of people, some historical figures, some people he knew, whom he felt clearly met the standard of self-actualization. Included in this august group were Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Adams, William James, Albert Schweitzer, Benedict Spinoza, and Alduous Huxley, plus 12 unnamed people who were alive at the time Maslow did his research. He then looked at their biographies, writings, the acts and words of those he knew personally, and so on. From these sources, he developed a list of qualities that seemed characteristic of these people, as opposed to the great mass of us.

These people were reality-centered, which means they could differentiate what is fake and dishonest from what is real and genuine. They were problem-centered, meaning they treated life’s difficulties as problems demanding solutions, not as personal troubles to be railed at or surrendered to. And they had a different perception of means and ends. They felt that the ends don’t necessarily justify the means, that the means could be ends themselves, and that the means -- the journey -- was often more important than the ends.

The self-actualizers also had a different way of relating to others. First, they enjoyed solitude, and were comfortable being alone. And they enjoyed deeper personal relations with a few close friends and family members, rather than more shallow relationships with many people.

They enjoyed autonomy, a relative independence from physical and social needs. And they resisted enculturation, that is, they were not susceptible to social pressure to be "well adjusted" or to "fit in" -- they were, in fact, nonconformists in the best sense.

They had an unhostile sense of humor -- preferring to joke at their own expense, or at the human condition, and never directing their humor at others. They had a quality he called acceptance of self and others, by which he meant that these people would be more likely to take you as you are than try to change you into what they thought you should be. This same acceptance applied to their attitudes towards themselves: If some quality of theirs wasn’t harmful, they let it be, even enjoying it as a personal quirk. On the other hand, they were often strongly motivated to change negative qualities in themselves that could be changed. Along with this comes spontaneity and simplicity: They preferred being themselves rather than being pretentious or artificial. In fact, for all their nonconformity, he found that they tended to be conventional on the surface, just where less self-actualizing nonconformists tend to be the most dramatic.

Further, they had a sense of humility and respect towards others -- something Maslow also called democratic values -- meaning that they were open to ethnic and individual variety, even treasuring it. They had a quality Maslow called human kinship or Gemeinschaftsgefühl -- social interest, compassion, humanity. And this was accompanied by a strong ethics, which was spiritual but seldom conventionally religious in nature.

And these people had a certain freshness of appreciation, an ability to see things, even ordinary things, with wonder. Along with this comes their ability to be creative, inventive, and original. And, finally, these people tended to have more peak experiences than the average person. A peak experience is one that takes you out of yourself, that makes you feel very tiny, or very large, to some extent one with life or nature or God. It gives you a feeling of being a part of the infinite and the eternal. These experiences tend to leave their mark on a person, change them for the better, and many people actively seek them out. They are also called mystical experiences, and are an important part of many religious and philosophical traditions.

Maslow doesn’t think that self-actualizers are perfect, of course. There were several flaws or imperfections he discovered along the way as well: First, they often suffered considerable anxiety and guilt -- but realistic anxiety and guilt, rather than misplaced or neurotic versions. Some of them were absentminded and overly kind. And finally, some of them had unexpected moments of ruthlessness, surgical coldness, and loss of humor.

Two other points he makes about these self-actualizers: Their values were "natural" and seemed to flow effortlessly from their personalities. And they appeared to transcend many of the dichotomies others accept as being undeniable, such as the differences between the spiritual and the physical, the selfish and the unselfish, and the masculine and the feminine.

-------------------

The mathematical study of potentials is known as potential theory; it is the study of harmonic functions on manifolds. This mathematical formulation arises from the fact that, in physics, the scalar potential is irrotational, and thus has a vanishing Laplacian — the very definition of a harmonic function.
    In physics, a potential may refer to the scalar potential or to the vector potential. In either case, it is a field defined in space, from which many important physical properties may be derived.
    Leading examples are the gravitational potential and the electric potential, from which the motion of gravitating or electrically charged bodies may be obtained.
    Specific forces have associated potentials, including the Coulomb potential, the van der Waals potential, the Lennard-Jones potential and the Yukawa potential.
    In electrochemistry there are Galvani potential and Volta potential.
    In Thermodynamics potential refers to thermodynamic potential.
    Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-12-2012, 02:40 PM.
    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Indeed...You are King of Your own Castle (ie YOU )...and with it comes the Joy and Burden of any leader of a Nation...except that it is your Country and Held Responsible by Yourself

Wamdue Project - King Of My Castle - YouTube enjoy

Project - King of my castle

Ahum, ahum

Must be the reason why I'm king of my castle
      Must be the reason why I'm freeing my trapped soul
      Must be a reason why I'm making examples of you

Ahum, ahum

Must be, a reason, why I'm, king of
      Must be, a reason, why I'm, king of

Ahum, ahum

Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-12-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Table Characteristics of Self-Actualized Persons

They are realistically oriented.
        They accept themselves, other people, and the natural world for what they are.
        They have a great deal of spontaneity.
        They are problem-centered rather than self-centered.
        They have an air of detachment and a need for privacy.
        They are autonomous and independent.
        Their appreciation of people and things is fresh rather than stereotyped.
        Most of them have had profound mystical or spiritual experiences although not
        necessarily religious in character.
        They identify with mankind.
        Their intimate relationships with a few specially loved people tend to be profound and
        deeply emotional rather than superficial.
        Their values and attitudes are democratic.
        They do not confuse means with ends.
        Their sense of humor is philosophical rather than hostile.
        They have a great fund of creativeness.
        They resist conformity to the culture.
        They transcend the environment rather than just coping with it.

Morcheeba - Be Yourself - Vidéo Dailymotion

Too much of a good thing
        Has really burnt me out
        I'm sick of satisfaction
        And living in a drought

Just be yourself
        Anyway that you want to
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you want to, baby
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can

The center of attention
        Is living on the edge
        The thirty of second floor
        I'm standing on a ledge

Got to get this straight
        Cos we're running too late

Just be yourself
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you want to baby
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can

Just be yourself
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can
        Just be yourself
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you want to
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can
        Just be yourself
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can
        Just be yourself
        Anyway, baby
        Just be yourself
        Anyway that you can

Comment

• Originally posted by mire View Post
          Its claimed to be the ability to make gold from other stuff.

Search Francis Bacon.

Its for you to ponder till you succeed. The problem is, its your imagination that may eventual make it possible.

I think its coded in the periodic table, B a c o n. But it was encoded by cyphers in his books to prevent is head from being chopped off.

Its also claimed William Shakespeare is bacon.. the dark arts are very dark indeed.

WebElements Periodic Table of the Elements
          Sir Francis Bacon also wrote the first version of the King James Bible....but I'm not looking to make gold...rather sharing the gold

Francis Bacon and the James 1st Bible

The first edition of the King James Bible, which was edited by Francis Bacon and prepared under Masonic supervision, bears more Mason's marks than the Cathedral of Strasburg.-Manly P. Hall, from a lecture Rosicrucian and Masonic Origins 1929
          much appreciated for your contribution...thank you for joining in the discussion

It is also speculated that 1001 nights and other Middle Eastern "Stories" where of great Inspiration to Shakespeare...If you want to know who Shakespeare was...take his name...you know that to each Letter Correspond a Number...I let you ponder on that .

Now Let's Take the Example of 1001 Night...who are the Protagonist:

from: One Thousand and One Nights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One Thousand and One Nights (Arabic: كتاب ألف ليلة وليلة‎ Kitāb alf laylah wa-laylah) is a collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories and folk tales compiled in Arabic during the Islamic Golden Age. It is often known in English as the Arabian Nights, from the first English language edition (1706), which rendered the title as The Arabian Nights' Entertainment.[1]

The work was collected over many centuries by various authors, translators and scholars across the Middle East, Central Asia and North Africa. The tales themselves trace their roots back to ancient and medieval Arabic, Persian, Indian, Turkish, Egyptian and Mesopotamian folklore and literature. In particular, many tales were originally folk stories from the Caliphate era, while others, especially the frame story, are most probably drawn from the Pahlavi Persian work Hazār Afsān (Persian: هزار افسان, lit. A Thousand Tales) which in turn relied partly on Indian elements.[2]

What is common throughout all the editions of the Nights is the initial frame story of the ruler Shahryār (from Persian: شهريار, meaning "king" or "sovereign") and his wife Scheherazade (from Persian: شهرزاد, possibly meaning "of noble lineage"[3]) and the framing device incorporated throughout the tales themselves. The stories proceed from this original tale; some are framed within other tales, while others begin and end of their own accord. Some editions contain only a few hundred nights, while others include 1,001 or more.
          1001 10 / 01 Mirror 6 3 9

Principle of Polarity:

the ruler Shahryār (from Persian: شهريار, meaning "king" or "sovereign") and his wife Scheherazade

Some of the stories of The Nights, particularly "Aladdin's Wonderful Lamp", "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" and "The Seven Voyages of Sinbad the Sailor", while almost certainly genuine Middle-Eastern folk tales, were not part of The Nights in Arabic versions, but were interpolated into the collection by Antoine Galland and other European translators.
          David Holmes - All Sewn Up - YouTube AC/DC - Thunderstruck Lyrics - YouTube One of the result of these two songs:

don't ask me about it...still on going

Comment

• What you have to Understand...as is the case today for the English Language...At the Time of the Renaissance, much of the Alchemical books available to those Wisdom Seekers were written in Arabic...Even Isaac Newton Spoke and read Arabic ...Today much of the scientific publications are written in English...so to Acquire knowledge you have to learn the Language and its subtleties in which these Sacred Books were written in

If you want I could give a more recent example than One Thousand and One Nights , this one i hold dear , I would recommend anyone to read it:

Foundation is the first book in Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy (later expanded into The Foundation Series). Foundation is a collection of five short stories, which were first published together as a book by Gnome Press in 1951. Together, they form a single plot.
            The Psychohistorians

(0 F.E.) (First published as the book edition in 1951)

The first story is set on Trantor, the capital planet of the 12,000-year-old Galactic Empire. Whilst the empire gives the appearance of stability, beneath this façade it is suffering a slow decay. Hari Seldon, a mathematician and psychologist, has developed psychohistory which equates all possibilities in large societies to mathematics, allowing predictable long term outcomes.

Seldon discovers a horrifying truth to the Empire's decay, but his results are considered treasonable and attract attention from the Commission of Public Safety — the effective rulers of the Empire. This leads to his arrest. A young mathematician Gaal Dornick, who has just arrived on Trantor, is also arrested. On trial, Seldon shares the discoveries made through psychohistory, such as the collapse of the Empire within 500 years, followed by a 30,000-year period of barbarism.

Seldon proposes an alternative to this future; one that would not avert the collapse but shorten the interregnum period to a mere 1000 years. But this plan would require a large group of people to develop a compendium of all human knowledge, titled the Encyclopedia Galactica.

A still skeptical commission, worried of making Seldon a martyr, offer him the choice of execution for treason or acceptance of exile with his group of 'Encyclopedists' to a remote planet Terminus. There, they will carry out the Plan under an imperial decree, while Seldon would remain barred from returning to Trantor.
            Hidden in plain sight when scifi becomes reality
            Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-13-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Asimov on psychohistory

On September 25, 1987, Asimov gave an interview to Terry Gross on her National Public Radio program, Fresh Air.[1] In it, Gross asked him about psychohistory:
              Gross: "What did you have in mind when you coined the term and the concept?"
              Asimov: "Well, I wanted to write a short story about the fall of the Galactic Empire. I had just finished reading the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire [for] the second time, and I thought I might as well adapt it on a much larger scale to the Galactic Empire and get a story out of it. And my editor John Campbell was much taken with the idea, and said he didn't want it wasted on a short story. He wanted an open-ended series so it lasts forever, perhaps. And so I started doing that. In order to keep the story going from story to story, I was essentially writing future history, and I had to make it sufficiently different from modern history to give it that science fictional touch. And so I assumed that the time would come when there would be a science in which things could be predicted on a probabilistic or statistical basis."
              Gross: "Do you think that would be good if there really was such a science?"
              Asimov: "Well, I can't help but think it would be good, except that in my stories, I always have opposing views. In other words, people argue all possible... all possible... ways of looking at psychohistory and deciding whether it is good or bad. So you can't really tell. I happen to feel sort of on the optimistic side. I think if we can somehow get across some of the problems that face us now, humanity has a glorious future, and that if we could use the tenets of psychohistory to guide ourselves we might avoid a great many troubles. But on the other hand, it might create troubles. It's impossible to tell in advance."

Comment

• from: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post175646

Originally posted by llynch View Post
                MonsieurM:

You are right. Instinct.
                Since completing that spreadsheet many things have come to light.
                Things like...
                animals being disconnected from earth.
                how Tesla's tower represents that.
                the internal control systems animals require, born from that disconnection.
                again Tesla shows the function of that and it's purpose.
                how elements become other elements (called by many names).

But specifically regarding the spreadsheet, I believe it is representative of the magnetic fields. Based primarily on that it was NMR derived frequencies. I look forward to determing the relationship if any with the Emission Spectra of the elements.

Walter Russell's statement, roughly re-stated about the language of light being evident in the Emission Spectra of the elements rings a chord. That and his reference about 'thinking in light' has geared me toward understanding what the spectra means and it's relationships.

The fractal in itself is the most awe inspiring understanding I have gained to date. It reveals so much. Maybe I will discover it's representation in the spectra?

Mechanically Tesla showed a way to control the flow. There is a strong suggestion that there is something similar to the same function in humans. My first instinct is meditation. Meditation along with the bifilar circulatory system and the pulse waves created by the heart... discovery is a wonderful thing.

It does feel like the right direction to go with my level of awareness. Let's see what we find!
                llynch, Excellent news

remember an image is worth a thousand words...you should look more closely into the Magic Squares if you want to find the link....

Prof. Searl (Searl engine) worked with magic squares

John Searl Solution : The Law of the Squares

Magic Squares
                Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• ------------------also Spectroscopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spectroscopy ( /spɛkˈtrɒskəpi/) is the study of the interaction between matter and radiated energy.[1][2] Historically, spectroscopy originated through the study of visible light dispersed according to its wavelength, e.g., by a prism. Later the concept was expanded greatly to comprise any interaction with radiative energy as a function of its wavelength or frequency. Spectroscopic data is often represented by a spectrum, a plot of the response of interest as a function of wavelength or frequency.

Introduction

Spectrometry and spectrography are terms used to refer to the measurement of radiation intensity as a function of wavelength and are often used to describe experimental spectroscopic methods. Spectral measurement devices are referred to as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, spectrographs or spectral analyzers.

Daily observations of color can be related to spectroscopy. Neon lighting is a direct application of atomic spectroscopy. Neon and other noble gases have characteristic emission colors, and neon lamps use electricity to excite these emissions. Inks, dyes and paints include chemical compounds selected for their spectral characteristics in order to generate specific colors and hues. A commonly encountered molecular spectrum is that of nitrogen dioxide. Gaseous nitrogen dioxide has a characteristic red absorption feature, and this gives air polluted with nitrogen dioxide a reddish brown color. Rayleigh scattering is a spectroscopic scattering phenomenon that accounts for the color of the sky.

Spectroscopic studies were central to the development of quantum mechanics
                  and included Max Planck's explanation of blackbody radiation, Albert Einstein's explanation of the photoelectric effect and Niels Bohr's explanation of atomic structure and spectra. Spectroscopy is used in physical and analytical chemistry because atoms and molecules have unique spectra. These spectra can be interpreted to derive information about the atoms and molecules, and they can also be used to detect, identify and quantify chemicals. Spectroscopy is also used in astronomy and remote sensing. Most research telescopes have spectrographs. The measured spectra are used to determine the chemical composition and physical properties of astronomical objects (such as their temperature and velocity).
                  Theory

One of the central concepts in spectroscopy is a resonance and its corresponding resonant frequency. Resonances were first characterized in mechanical systems such as pendulums. Mechanical systems that vibrate or oscillate will experience large amplitude oscillations when they are driven at their resonant frequency. A plot of amplitude vs. excitation frequency will have a peak centered at the resonance frequency. This plot is one type of spectrum, with the peak often referred to as a spectral line, and most spectral lines have a similar appearance.

In quantum mechanical systems, the analogous resonance is a coupling of two quantum mechanical stationary states of one system, such as an atom, via an oscillatory source of energy such as a photon. The coupling of the two states is strongest when the energy of the source matches the energy difference between the two states. The energy (E) of a photon is related to its frequency (ν) by E = hν where h is Planck's constant, and so a spectrum of the system response vs. photon frequency will peak at the resonant frequency or energy. Particles such as electrons and neutrons have a comparable relationship, the de Broglie relations, between their kinetic energy and their wavelength and frequency and therefore can also excite resonant interactions.

Spectra of atoms and molecules often consist of a series of spectral lines, each one representing a resonance between two different quantum states. The explanation of these series, and the spectral patterns associated with them, were one of the experimental enigmas that drove the development and acceptance of quantum mechanics. The hydrogen spectral series in particular was first successfully explained by the Rutherford-Bohr quantum model of the hydrogen atom. In some cases spectral lines are well separated and distinguishable, but spectral lines can also overlap and appear to be a single transition if the density of energy states is high enough.

Comment

• Btw: What Maslow has showed you was the Human Condition through the Iron Age...That is not the case for the Golden Age...remember 6 3 9

a fractal construct has an 'efficient function', it has a fractal ergonomy to them, they function on multiple levels and in multiple dimensions:
                    [/QUOTE]
                    Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Think Free Energy Research....you need inspiration

David Lynch on Consciousness, Creativity and the Brain (Transcendental Meditation) - YouTube

watch it....and find your own version of it...be it fishing, running , reading ...all these are opportunities to meditate close to Nature

You are by nature: a Telestis "one who is aimed"

Telestis: Greek word from Telos: goal, aim. they were Gaian theologists. totally illuminated by their practice of ecstatic contact with nature. The best definition: one who is aimed. If you are aimed by Gaia, you will go where she sends her arrow.
                      find the one that resonates with you

the legend says that Leonardo Da Vinci took 15 min nap with a spoon in his hand so as not to oversleep...and Isaac Newton was sitting against "a tree when the Apple fell"

If you read this Thread...you'll know how Dr Vogel found His Inspiration for the Hard Drive Coating used in all the Computers Today

Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-13-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Here is Another one whom Ishtar blessed with her touch:

Frank Lloyd Wright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frank Lloyd Wright (born Frank Lincoln Wright, June 8, 1867 – April 9, 1959) was an American architect, interior designer, writer and educator, who designed more than 1,000 structures and completed 500 works. Wright believed in designing structures which were in harmony with humanity and its environment, a philosophy he called organic architecture. This philosophy was best exemplified by his design for Fallingwater (1935), which has been called "the best all-time work of American architecture".[1] Wright was a leader of the Prairie School movement of architecture, and developed the concept of the Usonian home, his unique vision for urban planning in the United States.

His work includes original and innovative examples of many different building types, including offices, churches, schools, skyscrapers, hotels, and museums. Wright also designed many of the interior elements of his buildings, such as the furniture and stained glass. Wright authored 20 books and many articles, and was a popular lecturer in the United States and in Europe. His colorful personal life often made headlines, most notably for the 1914 fire and murders at his Taliesin studio. Already well-known during his lifetime, Wright was recognized in 1991 by the American Institute of Architects as "the greatest American architect of all time".[1

see the Vortex

One of the Best

Frank Lloyd Wright was born in the farming town of Richland Center, Wisconsin, United States, in 1867, and named Frank Lincoln Wright. His father, William Carey Wright (1825–1904) was a locally admired orator, music teacher, occasional lawyer and itinerant minister. William Wright had met and married Anna Lloyd Jones (1838/39 – 1923), a county school teacher, the previous year when he was employed as the superintendent of schools for Richland County. Originally from Massachusetts, William Wright had been a Baptist minister but he later joined his wife's family in the Unitarian faith. Anna was a member of the large, prosperous and well-known Lloyd Jones family of Unitarians, who had emigrated from Wales to Spring Green, Wisconsin. One of Anna's brothers was Jenkin Lloyd Jones, who would become an important figure in the spread of the Unitarian faith in the Western United States. Both of Wright's parents were strong-willed individuals with idiosyncratic interests that they passed on to him. In his biography his mother declared, when she was expecting her first child, that he would grow up to build beautiful buildings. She decorated his nursery with engravings of English cathedrals torn from a periodical to encourage the infant's ambition. The family moved to Weymouth, Massachusetts in 1870 for William to minister a small congregation. In 1876, Anna visited the Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia and saw an exhibit of educational blocks created by Friedrich Wilhelm August Fröbel. The blocks, known as Froebel Gifts, were the foundation of his innovative kindergarten curriculum. A trained teacher, Anna was excited by the program and bought a set of blocks for her family. Young Wright spent much time playing with the blocks. These were geometrically shaped and could be assembled in various combinations to form three-dimensional compositions. Wright's autobiography talks about the influence of these exercises on his approach to design. Many of his buildings are notable for their geometrical clarity.

The Wright family struggled financially in Weymouth and returned to Spring Green, Wisconsin, where the supportive Lloyd Jones clan could help William find employment. They settled in Madison, where William taught music lessons and served as the secretary to the newly formed Unitarian society. Although William was a distant parent, he shared his love of music, especially the works of Johann Sebastian Bach, with his children.

Soon after Wright turned 14 his parents separated. Anna had been unhappy for some time with William's inability to provide for his family and asked him to leave. The divorce was finalized in 1885 after William sued Anna for lack of physical affection. William left Wisconsin after the divorce and Wright claimed he never saw his father again.[2] At this time Wright changed his middle name from Lincoln to Lloyd in honor of his mother's family, the Lloyd Joneses. As the only male left in the family, Wright assumed financial responsibility for his mother and two sisters.
                        Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• One more Example:

Srinivasa Ramanujan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Srīnivāsa Rāmānujan FRS pronunciation (help·info) (Tamil: சீனிவாச இராமானுஜன்) (22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) was an Indian mathematician and autodidact who, with almost no formal training in pure mathematics, made extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series and continued fractions. Ramanujan was said by the English mathematician G.H. Hardy to be in the same league as mathematicians like Euler and Gauss in terms of natural genius.[1]

Born in Erode, Madras Presidency, to a poor Brahmin family, Ramanujan first encountered formal mathematics at age 10. He demonstrated a natural ability, and was given books on advanced trigonometry written by S. L. Loney.[2] He mastered them by age 12, and even discovered theorems of his own, including independently re-discovering Euler's identity. He demonstrated unusual mathematical skills at school, winning accolades and awards. By 17, Ramanujan conducted his own mathematical research on Bernoulli numbers and the Euler–Mascheroni constant. He received a scholarship to study at Government College in Kumbakonam, but lost it when he failed his non-mathematical coursework. He joined another college to pursue independent mathematical research, working as a clerk in the Accountant-General's office at the Madras Port Trust Office to support himself.[3] In 1912–1913, he sent samples of his theorems to three academics at the University of Cambridge. Only Hardy recognised the brilliance of his work, subsequently inviting Ramanujan to visit and work with him at Cambridge. He became a Fellow of the Royal Society and a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge, dying of illness, malnutrition and possibly liver infection in 1920 at the age of 32.

During his short lifetime, Ramanujan independently compiled nearly 3900 results (mostly identities and equations).[4] Although a small number of these results were actually false and some were already known, most of his claims have now been proven correct.[5] He stated results that were both original and highly unconventional, such as the Ramanujan prime and the Ramanujan theta function, and these have inspired a vast amount of further research.[6] However, the mathematical mainstream has been rather slow in absorbing some of his major discoveries. The Ramanujan Journal, an international publication, was launched to publish work in all areas of mathematics influenced by his work.[7]

In recognition of his contribution to mathematics, the Government of India declared in Dec 2011 to celebrate Ramajuan's birthday as the 'National Mathematics Day' every year on 22 December and declared 2012 as the 'National Mathematical Year'.
                          Personality and spiritual life

Ramanujan has been described as a person with a somewhat shy and quiet disposition, a dignified man with pleasant manners.[79] He lived a rather Spartan life while at Cambridge. Ramanujan's first Indian biographers describe him as rigorously orthodox. Ramanujan credited his acumen to his family Goddess, Namagiri of Namakkal. He looked to her for inspiration in his work,[80] and claimed to dream of blood drops that symbolised her male consort, Narasimha, after which he would receive visions of scrolls of complex mathematical content unfolding before his eyes.[81] He often said, "An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."[82][83]

Hardy cites Ramanujan as remarking that all religions seemed equally true to him.[84] Hardy further argued that Ramanujan's religiousness had been romanticised by Westerners and overstated—in reference to his belief, not practice—by Indian biographers. At the same time, he remarked on Ramanujan's strict observance of vegetarianism.

Comment

• Namagiri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Namagiri is a Hindu goddess worshipped especially in the Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu state in Southern India. The name "Namagiri" translated from Sanskrit into Tamil sounds like "Namakkal". Her devotees worship her as a consort of Narasimha, an avatar (incarnation) of the deity, Vishnu. Namagiri was the mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's family deity.

Quan Yin, the great goddess and Mother of Compassion, loved and revered throughout Asia. A beautiful expression of Divine Mother. Mercy means there is more assistance given through love than through merit earned. Following her ascension Kwan Yin turned back to save others and made this pledge - "Never will I seek, nor receive, private individual salvation, never will I enter into final peace alone, but forever and everywhere will I live and strive for the redemption of every creature throughout the world from the bonds of conditioned existence". Kwan Yin is associated with the earth, fertility, and birth, and healing. She has also brought forth the energies of Magnified Healing. Quan Yin is known as the Goddess of Compassion and is often depicted riding on a dragon. She is the eastern counterpart of Mother Mary and she works to balance the feminine energy. She is one of the Lords of Karma representing the sixth ray. Isis carried the same 'mother energy' in Egyptian and Hinduism, Shakti (Vishnu's wife), Pavarti (Shiva's wife) and Sita (Rama's wife). Her proper name is Kuanshih Yin and means "She who harkens to the cries of the world". She is honored in Japan and China. A Celestial Bodhisatva and Ascended Master

The Ascended Masters have worked with mankind throughout the centuries. Most of the time in the past the Ascended Masters have worked in the background. There were some Ascended Masters who have assisted mankind such as Sanat Kumara. also known in the Bible as the "Ancient of Days", by some He is known as the "Lord of the World".

Sanat Kumara came ages ago to give assistance to the Earth when it would have been dissolved otherwise. He offered His own free will to supply the Light required to sustain the Earth and keep the Earth in the system until enough so mankind could be raised to a point where they could carry the responsibility of emitting sufficient Light.

Ascended Master Saint Germain's Cosmic Name is "Freedom". He is the Cosmic Father of the people of America. Saint Germain's work for the freedom of mankind began in that civilization seventy thousand years ago; when a whole civilization could have been raised into the Ascension had they continued to give obedience instead of becoming rebellious.

Saint Germain's most recent work with mankind came forth in the 1930's. He worked with Mr. & Mrs. Ballard to establish the focus on the "I AM" Presence. Through the Ballards, Saint Germain and other Ascended Masters gave dictation's. Some of the other Ascended Masters where, Great Divine Director, Mighty Victory, Mighty Victory and Ascended Master Jesus.
                            Last edited by MonsieurM; 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• The Psychohistorians

(0 F.E.) (First published as the book edition in 1951)

The first story is set on Trantor, the capital planet of the 12,000-year-old Galactic Empire. Whilst the empire gives the appearance of stability, beneath this façade it is suffering a slow decay. Hari Seldon, a mathematician and psychologist, has developed psychohistory which equates all possibilities in large societies to mathematics, allowing predictable long term outcomes.

Seldon discovers a horrifying truth to the Empire's decay, but his results are considered treasonable and attract attention from the Commission of Public Safety — the effective rulers of the Empire. This leads to his arrest. A young mathematician Gaal Dornick, who has just arrived on Trantor, is also arrested. On trial, Seldon shares the discoveries made through psychohistory, such as the collapse of the Empire within 500 years, followed by a 30,000-year period of barbarism.

Seldon proposes an alternative to this future; one that would not avert the collapse but shorten the interregnum period to a mere 1000 years. But this plan would require a large group of people to develop a compendium of all human knowledge, titled the Encyclopedia Galactica.

A still skeptical commission, worried of making Seldon a martyr, offer him the choice of execution for treason or acceptance of exile with his group of 'Encyclopedists' to a remote planet Terminus. There, they will carry out the Plan under an imperial decree, while Seldon would remain barred from returning to Trantor.
                              Hidden in plain sight when scifi becomes reality

Comment

• Parable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A parable is [1] a succinct story, in prose or verse, which illustrates one or more instructive principles, or lessons, or (sometimes) a normative principle. It differs from a fable in that fables use animals, plants, inanimate objects, and forces of nature as characters, while parables generally feature human characters. It is a type of analogy.[2]

Some scholars of the Canonical gospels and the New Testament apply the term "parable" only to the parables of Jesus,[3] though that is not a common restriction of the term. Parables such as "The Prodigal Son" are central to Jesus' teaching method in both the canonical narratives and the apocrypha.

Etymology

The word "parable" comes from the Greek παραβολή (parabolē), meaning "comparison, illustration, analogy".[4] It was the name given by Greek rhetoricians to any fictive illustration in the form of a brief narrative. Later it came to mean a fictitious narrative, generally referring to something that might naturally occur, by which spiritual and moral matters might be conveyed.[5]

------------------------- Parabola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In mathematics, the parabola ( /pəˈræbələ/; plural parabolae or parabolas, from the Greek παραβολή) is a conic section, the intersection of a right circular conical surface and a plane parallel to a generating straight line of that surface. Given a point (the focus) and a corresponding line (the directrix) on the plane, the locus of points in that plane that are equidistant from them is a parabola.

The line perpendicular to the directrix and passing through the focus (that is, the line that splits the parabola through the middle) is called the "axis of symmetry". The point on the axis of symmetry that intersects the parabola is called the "vertex", and it is the point where the curvature is greatest. Parabolas can open up, down, left, right, or in some other arbitrary direction. Any parabola can be repositioned and rescaled to fit exactly on any other parabola — that is, all parabolas are similar.

The parabola has many important applications, from automobile headlight reflectors to the design of ballistic missiles. They are frequently used in physics, engineering, and many other areas.

Parabolic compass designed by Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                                X