No announcement yet.

Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a literal crystal battery...

What you need:
    Borax, 20 mule team
    water and something to boil it in
    Glass jar, Mason jars work the best
    two electrodes, copper and aluminum wire work the best so far.
    String, if you don't have string try a paper towel, it just their to separate the two metals from touching.
    Pencil or straw

how:
    Warp the string or paper towel around the electrodes as to separate them from touching.
    boil some water, the hotter the better.
    Add 4 cups into a Glass jar
    Add 12 tablespoons (tbsp) of Borax to the hot water in the glass jar
    suspend the electrodes setup above the jar using the straw or pencil, don't put the whole thing in the water you want the electrodes to stick out.
    Let it sit overnight, do not mess with it for at least 12 hours. That means no touching it.
    After 12 hours hang it up and let it dry

In order to make a polycrystalline cell you need to add things like salt substititue and maybe even epsom salt to the mix when you're adding the 12 table spoons of borax. If you don't dope the cell and just use only borax the cell will give very little power.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
      Seth,
      That cell is about 2.53 volts at 2.5 Ma it was just a test to see if you could series the cells in one battery. Here is something strange. What I'm finding out is what Ibpointless has been saying even if the crystal is dry it is not and continues to burn the water in crystal form. So Galvanic action is slowed way down but it is playing a big part, I have even found this by examine Marcus Reids battery. This builds up after months of testing. But before I say anything I want to be sure my findings are correct. The battery my last for years before it fails to work one day. I have been testing a polycrystalline substrates where it is semiconductive. The question is whither it is also using locked up water in the crystal or not. If I look at what the industry is calling a solid state battery, it must transfer Ions. That is not what everybody wants from solid state battery, it can only use carrier electrons and they must be continuous.
      John B

What must be fully understood is that water is the crystal.

Why do you think we have the capillarity action? Water is a crystal and it grows just like any other crystals in a tight spot such as a straw, that is why the water can never break the surface tension its because its a crystal. That crystal form is what gives trees the water they need to live and every other living tings.
      Capillary action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I may have mention in past threads that we may have perfected the galvanic reaction. If we can slow down the galvanic reaction to where it takes years, decades, or even centuries to die than is the galvanic reaction all that bad?

The sooner we realize that water is a crystal, the all important element in the universe without it every living thing would die, the sooner we can explore more incredible possibilities.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• [QUOTE=John_Bedini;156814]Seth,
        That cell is about 2.53 volts at 2.5 Ma it was just a test to see if you could series the cells in one battery. Here is something strange. What I'm finding out is what Ibpointless has been saying even if the crystal is dry it is not and continues to burn the water in crystal form. So Galvanic action is slowed way down but it is playing a big part, I have even found this by examine Marcus Reids battery. This builds up after months of testing. But before I say anything I want to be sure my findings are correct. The battery my last for years before it fails to work one day. I have been testing a polycrystalline substrates where it is semiconductive. The question is whither it is also using locked up water in the crystal or not. If I look at what the industry is calling a solid state battery, it must transfer Ions. That is not what everybody wants from solid state battery, it can only use carrier electrons and they must be continuous.

John,
        I am not sure why one cell bounces back after depleting, and the other only now acts as a thermopile. I suppose the state of crystalization may be key in addition to water content. Both of my test cells have molecular sieve as an internal desiccant. Test Cell#3 is exquisitely sensitive to temp fluctuations.
        I have it in an open window, and voltage fluctuates as clouds
        Pass over and light breezes hit it.
        Test cell #2 has less current output, try to kill it with load,
        Remove load and it goes right back to peak voltage.
        Positive ions exist in gaseous or liquid states right?
        So, the key is to remove all excess water. Is galvanic action linear with hydration? Why is one cell acting like a voltage source and the other as a
        Thermometer? Is vibratory energy in radiant heat working on the microscopic crystal or is it thermally induced galvanic action?
        Very Best Regards,
        Jehdds

Comment

• Ions vs Electrons

@All
          John B. is right. If we are moving ions then we are STILL just making a slowed down galvanic cell. If we can figure out a way to move just the electrons around the racetrack (like a solar cell does) then this is not 5th grade science anymore.
          I thought that when I saw my cells reacting to heat flucuations that maybe we were there----but now I'm not so sure. If the water molecules are still locked up in the crystal then what John B. and some of us suspect IS really happening. Heating up the crystal is just releasing some more water and the dreaded galvanic reaction speeds up. This isn't really a bad thing---it is just not what we have been working towards.

All of my cells still produce some power but I'm pretty convinced now that it is just a slowed down redox reaction that can be speeded up or slowed down in several ways. The way that I am compensating is to use the cells with very very small loads (less than 10 micro amps) that can operate on the slowed chemical reaction. I sure hope that I'm wrong about what I think is happening. Time will tell.

Bottom line is that I think we need to keep looking. What we are looking for is out there. We just need to dig deeper.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
            @All
            John B. is right. If we are moving ions then we are STILL just making a slowed down galvanic cell. If we can figure out a way to move just the electrons around the racetrack (like a solar cell does) then this is not 5th grade science anymore.
            I thought that when I saw my cells reacting to heat flucuations that maybe we were there----but now I'm not so sure. If the water molecules are still locked up in the crystal then what John B. and some of us suspect IS really happening. Heating up the crystal is just releasing some more water and the dreaded galvanic reaction speeds up. This isn't really a bad thing---it is just not what we have been working towards.

All of my cells still produce some power but I'm pretty convinced now that it is just a slowed down redox reaction that can be speeded up or slowed down in several ways. The way that I am compensating is to use the cells with very
            very small loads (less than 10 micro amps) that can operate on the slowed
            chemical reaction. I sure hope that I'm wrong about what I think is happening. Time will tell.Bottom line is that I think we need to keep looking. What we are looking for is out there. We just need to dig deeper.

Lidmotor
            Dear Lidmotor,
            I am not convinced this is delayed slowed galvanic action.
            Molecular sieve etc.
            Positive ions can exist in plasma state as well.
            This again begs the question are we looking at a microplasma interface when considering the piezo and pyro electric effect?
            Is the N/P junction a Microplasma environment?
            Would the cell act as an ultra rapid and sensitive thermopile as it does if it were delayed galvanic?
            Very best regards,
            JEHDDS

Comment

• Ultimately it will all boil down to how long a cells output last.
              "If it doesn't produce 500 mA "I get rid of it", John B says. I like that concept...
              If a cell will last for years, call it what you may, it is a usable device.
              I still feel the real source of the energy is in the difference in potential of the two different metals, and not the electrolyte. The electrolyte is only a filtering bridge. You can change every chemical and still get a reaction, but change the two metals, and you have nothing.
              I have never seen a ion, or an atom, or electron, neutron, proton, etz...
              nor do I believe all of what is still being in school. But do think that Bearden has a point, or two...
              Day 4 of my quartz/carbon crystal cell tests, now with 4 cells, the light is still bright, but copper center electrode shows signs of oxidation, the black oxide that I had mentioned earlier as being responsible for any output losses. I scrape is off, or replace it the electrode. My newest cells have replaceable positive electrodes, I see not wear on the

B-rad: You may find that if you leave the Dc current on the cells for more than a few seconds that it can have negative affect. There may not be a real need or benefit in doing that, as that charge or polarization may not have a durable benefit in the long run, but can be part of the cause of the loss of power. Maybe try it without the extra charge first, and see what the cell does. If I negative bump charge a cell it will also die, as temporary death.

Comment

• Real solid state crystal.

In this video I'm showing a solid state semiconductive crystal that I can just add a piece of copper and I have energy not that much but I have it. It works because it can keep emitting electrons between two different metals. The definition from the book is that it must emit Ion transfer but that is not what you want. wet electrolyte is going to be galvanic and after the electrolyte is dry your battery will not exist anymore. So it must only move electrons in a dry state.
                John Bedini

YOUTUBE
                Real solid state crystal. John Bedini - YouTube
                Last edited by John_Bedini; 09-13-2011, 10:47 PM. Reason: cor
                John Bedini
                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John Bedini,

What do you think about growing the crystals around the electrodes? A solid chunk of crystal with two electrodes coming out of it. I have made this very cell and its hard as... well.... as hard as a crystal. The key is to make it a polycrystalline structure, this is how it keeps and holds its power. These are clear crystals but the polycrystalline one (far right) is the most clear. I'll be making and posting a video of it soon, it has unique properties such as the voltage jumping around. I would love to know your opinion on this crystal cell battery. Thank you.

Here's a picture of what i mean
                  Last edited by ibpointless2; 01-13-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• @JB, very impressive.

Just ordered all my chemicals for making a Reid cell that's shown in the image. Now, just waiting on the mailman. Going to Radio Shack to get a PC data logger.

rw
                    My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

In this video I'm showing a solid state semiconductive crystal that I can just add a piece of copper and I have energy not that much but I have it. It works because it can keep emitting electrons between two different metals. The definition from the book is that it must emit Ion transfer but that is not what you want. wet electrolyte is going to be galvanic and after the electrolyte is dry your battery will not exist anymore. So it must only move electrons in a dry state.
                      John Bedini

YOUTUBE
                      Man John you really know how to wet our appetites.. Looking forward to the explanation on how you constructed this.

Originally posted by everyidea View Post
                      @JB, very impressive.

Just ordered all my chemicals for making a Reid cell that's shown in the image. Now, just waiting on the mailman. Going to Radio Shack to get a PC data logger.

rw
                      Can you point me to where the reid mixture is disclosed?

Btw, I don't think you will find the meter at radioshack, but maybe they still have some left. I did see another one on ebay for $30 shipped. It sells for $50 at radioshack on some of their sites, but not all their sites have it. Got mine for $20 on an ebay auction, so maybe check around first. Just know you will need a rs232 input on you motherboard, or else you can use a rs232 to usb.

I also ordered this one here, but it might be junk so I will have to test it out when it comes, it also has a temp meter which is why I got it.
                      [X Do not recommend this store..]
                      Last edited by Freezer; 10-01-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Here's a video of the latest polycrystalline crystal battery.

Polycrystalline Literal Crystal Battery - YouTube

Comment

• ibpointless--that's an awesome crystal. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to build one myself and see what it can do.

Comment

• Crystals

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                            John Bedini,

What do you think about growing the crystals around the electrodes? A solid chunk of crystal with two electrodes coming out of it. I have made this very cell and its hard as... well.... as hard as a crystal. The key is to make it a polycrystalline structure, this is how it keeps and holds its power. These are clear crystals but the polycrystalline one (far right) is the most clear. I'll be making and posting a video of it soon, it has unique properties such as the voltage jumping around. I would love to know your opinion on this crystal cell battery. Thank you.

Here's a picture of what i mean
                            [ATTACH]8982[/ATTACH]
                            Ibpointless,
                            What do you mean as to what I think of this, I think it's great to do it this way. It does not make a difference how it's done as long as it gets done. I might change the materials as the copper and aluminum will not function properly. Grow it with magnesium electrode and you will see. The salts I would change also as that is an easy crystal try an Epsom Salt crystal as you seem to do real good at that. You could even dissolve some Rochelle salts in it.
                            John B
                            John Bedini
                            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

John Bedini

YOUTUBE
                              Guys,
                              JB/LIDMOTOR et al is SO VERY Correct. I did a destructive test on my cell #3. I thought I had driven out all the water over my stove, as well as the desiccant would have eliminated the residual. Tonight, I used a small blow torch on my test tube cell. I watched the voltage rise, and lo and behold, the water molecule appeared at the level of the molecular sieve. I can up load this video. I then heated to extreme the contents of the tube and the voltage dropped. I continued to heat the tube until the ZN02 turned black and finally the test tube fractured.
                              MINOR GALVANIC ACTION SEEMS TO BE THE MODUS FOR THE CELLS.
                              I WOULD pose the question is the acid test for new Solid state cell be that of under vacuum with desiccant to the level of what would be necessary for sputter coating for electron microscopy to ensure elimination of water? OR IS IT THE ESSENTIAL INCORPORATION OF WATER IN THE CRYSTALLINE MATRIX ESSENTIAL FOR FUNCTIONALITY? It seems as if that for any epsom salt cell to be the case.
                              JB, can you give any clue on content of crystal produced in kiln?
                              IS WHAT IS OCCURRING A PHENOMENON RELATED TO PLASMA?
                              CAN YOU OR WOULD YOU SPEAK TO THIS IF NOT i understand.
                              VERY BEST REGARDS TO ALL.
                              jehdds

VERY BEST REGARDS,
                              JEHDDS

Comment

• Crystal Cell

Originally posted by Freezer View Post
                                Man John you really know how to wet our appetites.. Looking forward to the explanation on how you constructed this.

Can you point me to where the reid mixture is disclosed?

Btw, I don't think you will find the meter at radioshack, but maybe they still have some left. I did see another one on ebay for $30 shipped. It sells for $50 at radioshack on some of their sites, but not all their sites have it. Got mine for $20 on an ebay auction, so maybe check around first. Just know you will need a rs232 input on you motherboard, or else you can use a rs232 to usb.

I also ordered this one here, but it might be junk so I will have to test it out when it comes, it also has a temp meter which is why I got it.
                                Intelligent DMM w RS-232 PC Interface (CSI345)
                                Freezer,
                                I can not point to the mixture anywhere on the internet as that is held by Marcus Reid. As I explained to others the way it is made can not be duplicated on a cooking stove. Be very careful with those chemicals.
                                Radio Shack does have those meters make sure you get the converter from RS232 to USB with the meter.
                                John B
                                John Bedini
                                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Working...
                                X