Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undergroung pipeline anode

Hi the Everyone ,
    First of all Excellent work here - very inspirational - Years ago i was a pipe layer (dam hard work ) and we use to use magnesium rods that were packed into these little looking sand bags and we'd put these in the ground connected to the pipe . The funny thing is i now remember this old fella showing me that there is current flowing between the pipe and the magnesium with a small light bulb . Hey John B maybe you've created some think Better and is going to last a long time . Brilliant . (simple is best) cheers Jason

Comment

• Guys,
      Here is an idea for simple test cells. Using a simple test tube, which can be used to heat the salt mixture, a carbon welding rod as one electrode, Mg ribbon as the other. ADDITION OF desiccant above the salt mixture upon heating would be possible before sealing. PTFE tape is used to insulate the carbon from the MG and allows for a tight multi-wind wrap, so at the point of molten epsom, the entire assembly can be placed without distortion.
      Very Best Regards,
      JEHDDS
      Last edited by jehdds; 10-04-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• I made a new video of the latest "Literal Crystal Battery". I grow a crystal around the two electrodes to make one solid crystal battery, you can't get anymore crystal battery than this. I show it producing about 400mV, but after sitting for several hours its now at 330mV. This type of cell seems very promising in that its a real crystal grown around the electrodes. here's the video
        Literal Crystal Battery Making Voltage - YouTube

I'm still working on making it better, this was just the control cell. I'm still working on the pollycrystalline idea that Marcus Reid put forward, but I must find the right mix first. Also these cells are dry cells, they're hard as.... well.... as hard as a crystal because that what it is. What I also find interesting is that the string that holds the two electrodes seems to have grown micro-crystals in between the fibers of the string. I can't wait for the next batch of Literal Crystal cells to grow, they have the polycrystalline structure in them.

If anyone wants to know how to make these crystal batteries let me know and I'll post a howto.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Series Crystal Rock Battery

In this video Chuck and I drilled a basalt rock with two chambers and built two crystal batteries to see what would happen. Usually when you try to put two earth batteries together it does not work that way as you get the same voltage but crystal cells work different.
          Anyway we just thought we would share that with everybody.
          John Bedini

Youtube
          Series Crystal Rock Battery John Bedini - YouTube
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Ib:
            Your crystals look really great, I hope that you can get them to produce some juice. I wonder if sunlight would increase their output.
            I'm on day three of the quartz/carbon cell, now I have three cells running together, and will make two more. Light intensity is still nice, about 1/2 brightness, but the camera flash blocks their light. To light the 6 volt led that I'm using on them would take several more cells for full brightness. Still, the strongest cell is the one with the smokey quartz points. Still producing 50 mA, 1.3 volts. But I would recommend making your own carbon, as the D cell I used has other things in the mix, that can cause oxidation in time.
            I made 5 cells out of one ancient D cell, and the quartz crystal rocks, and points. All cells in series would produce 4+ volts. The D cell only had 0.6 volts. No bump charge on these cells.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Guys,
              Here is Zn02 Variant #3. Attempts to drain my second variant has been unsuccessful. The voltage rebounds after a few seconds upon removal of load.

ZN02 CRYSTAL BATTERY #3.mov - YouTube

This variant has the highest voltage yet and I will see tomorrow if the voltage and current holds. This is encouraging. Tap tests do impart piezo effect.
              Again, Zn02, Epsom, Galina. Cu and Mg electrodes, with molecular sieve as desiccant and epoxy sealed as per Lidmotor. EPOXY seal is MUCH easier to deal with than rubber stopper.
              Very Best Regards,
              JEHDDS

Comment

• Just wanted to post a rundown of a small cell. I used a copper end cap inspired by lidmotor's cell. Makes a good way to test cells without spending a lot of money.
                Image of the cell -

I did manage to get the rs232 meter from ebay for $20, so anyone searching for that meter should check ebay. - [Model 22-812]

Image of the graph, at around 100k samples

[Rochelle, epsom, selenium, indium, bismuth]

Also finished up some new electrodes, don't ask how I drilled that hole with a hand drill..

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  In this video Chuck and I drilled a basalt rock with two chambers and built two crystal batteries to see what would happen. Usually when you try to put two earth batteries together it does not work that way as you get the same voltage but crystal cells work different.
                  Anyway we just thought we would share that with everybody.
                  John Bedini

Youtube
                  Series Crystal Rock Battery John Bedini - YouTube
                  Hi John!

Thanks for the vid - thats looking like a nice output. I was wondering what V and mA you were getting from such a setup. With the rock Im using it started out as 1.8V and just under 1mA with no load. But now the voltage has dropped down to about 1.1V and the LED has stopped. Im going to try drilling a few more holes and put some more electrodes in series.

Im also going to try some proper Magnesium, and not the ribbon - I think you were right - the ribbon is crap. It just disintegrates in the air.

I also want to try the same with the electrodes in 2 different rocks - every bone in my body tells me that it wont work, but I want to try anyway.

I tried leaving my rock in a bucket of water to see if the volts or amps rose thanks to the rock letting in a bit water into its porous structure. Nothing happened. I suppose the rock may already be saturated....

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
                    Guys,
                    Here is Zn02 Variant #3. Attempts to drain my second variant has been unsuccessful. The voltage rebounds after a few seconds upon removal of load.

ZN02 CRYSTAL BATTERY #3.mov - YouTube

This variant has the highest voltage yet and I will see tomorrow if the voltage and current holds. This is encouraging. Tap tests do impart piezo effect.
                    Again, Zn02, Epsom, Galina. Cu and Mg electrodes, with molecular sieve as desiccant and epoxy sealed as per Lidmotor. EPOXY seal is MUCH easier to deal with than rubber stopper.
                    Very Best Regards,
                    JEHDDS

How did you mix the ingredients? did you heat them up and melt them or are they in their raw material? Did you use paper or cloth as a separator?
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                      How did you mix the ingredients? did you heat them up and melt them or are they in their raw material? Did you use paper or cloth as a separator?
                      Hi ibpointless,
                      I mixed the Epsom Salts with the Zn02 in a good old fashioned mortar and pestle dry. I coiled the copper wire into a tight coil approximately ID 1/8 inch and the coil length is 2 inches with the lead out the top of the tube. The magnesium strip is 1 foot long and was folded over to make a multi-lamination with the center portion lashed together with a thin strip of PFTE tape to ensure it would not bow out in the middle and short out with the copper. The electrodes were placed into the tube and the mixture BEFORE heating was placed into the tube.
                      I heated the test tube over my kitchen gas stove until no visible water vapor emanated from the top of the tube. The salt mixture becomes hard and then I placed the molecular sieve over the mixture and sealed the end with five minute epoxy. I hope this helps. I am planning on making such a cell but adding Ti02 to see if this would allow for the VISIBLE spectrum to energize the cell. Ultrasonic input will energize it. There has been research into using Ti02 for this photo spectral harnessing, as well as disassociating water. Time will tell if there is any advantage to adding the Ti02.
                      Very Best Regards,
                      JEHDDS

Comment

• Update:
                        Cell 2 still alive,
                        Cell 3 from clip last night dead.
                        Dunno why.
                        More to come

Comment

• T.T.Brown Battery

All
                          I have been away from the bench for several days and need to report status on a couple of cells. The cell that used Epsom Salt, Arm and Hammer washing soda, Cream of Tartar, and Chromium Oxide was barely blinking the LED. I placed the cell on my Toaster Oven while making some new cells and the voltage quickly went back up. As soon as it cooled it was back to barely blinking the LED.
                          I referenced this link before and will do so again so that you will understand the surprise I came home to.

http://www.qualight.com/petro/battery.htm

I made a cell using only Elmer’s Glue All and Chromium Oxide in a copper cap and magnesium. When I made this cell, I placed it in the oven and very carefully made sure that it did not boil. 250 F with the door open. After 30 min, give or take, I put 12V DC on the cell for several minutes. After removing the DC, checked the meter and the cell was totally dead. No volts, no current, so I set it aside to throw away. When I returned to the bench after several days, I checked the cell again before tossing and the meter showed 1.45V. I put this cell on the circuit and it lights the LED very nicely. Not as bright as the last video showing the previous cell, but admirable light nonetheless. I do not understand what is going on here as glue or the oxide by themselves should not generate this energy, but together they are.

The link above indicates that Tungsten Carbide and Carnauba Wax were used, but referred to heavy metal oxides and high k dielectrics could be substituted.

I repeated this cell again last night with the same results. Removed the DC and the cell was dead. After 2 hours, it had climbed to 0.212V and this morning it is reading 1.2V. I have ordered some zinc oxide and should receive it later this week. This is so simple to make, I really hope it has some stamina behind it. I really need a data logger, thanks for the suggestion @Freezer . Anyone have an opinion on this one?
                          http://www.dataq.com/products/startkit/di145.html

@IB – I would love to make some of those crystals. A how-to would be super.

Brad S

Comment

• Guys,
                            Update two.
                            Cell #3 acts as a thermopile. Ultrasonic bath raised it's voltage.
                            Warmth due to vibration perhaps allowed this.
                            Still # 2 cell does Not act like this.
                            Will attempt cell #4 tonight.
                            Very Best Regards,
                            JEHDDS

Comment

• Solid State Batteries

Seth,
                              That cell is about 2.53 volts at 2.5 Ma it was just a test to see if you could series the cells in one battery. Here is something strange. What I'm finding out is what Ibpointless has been saying even if the crystal is dry it is not and continues to burn the water in crystal form. So Galvanic action is slowed way down but it is playing a big part, I have even found this by examine Marcus Reids battery. This builds up after months of testing. But before I say anything I want to be sure my findings are correct. The battery my last for years before it fails to work one day. I have been testing a polycrystalline substrates where it is semiconductive. The question is whither it is also using locked up water in the crystal or not. If I look at what the industry is calling a solid state battery, it must transfer Ions. That is not what everybody wants from solid state battery, it can only use carrier electrons and they must be continuous.
                              John B
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• I just got done with making the polycrystalline Literal crystal battery. Off the bat its much more clear than the control cell and the crystal formations are different. Its giving a crazy voltage fluctuation but stays around 500mV. I was expecting the 500mV range due to the aluminum and copper metals used as this is the same voltage range I got with other crystal cells. I'll give a picture of the three literal crystal cells below. The crystal cell on the left is the defective shorted out one, the middle one is the control, and the one on the right is the polycrystalline crystal cell.

Last edited by ibpointless2; 01-13-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X