Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Lidmotor:
    I was about to make the Mg/Cabon cell using a carbon water filter element. But I was watching your video where you mentioned that your big Mg/C cell outputs 1.8 volt, and 10mA. So, as my cement cells outputs after several month, at least 30 mA, or more, I was wondering if that is the correct current output of those big water filter carbon cells?
    Lasersaber mentions the same voltage on his new cabon rod cells, but much more current, 1 amp, and the big carbon rod (3 inch) outputs 1.5 to 2 amps. Can you please explain, is there something that I don't understand, like why the big difference in current? It is because one cell has salt and the other doesn't?
    Saw your recent boat video by Catalina, looks like quite a few boats were there. Happy sailing!
    NickZ

Comment

• Whats in the salt substitue?

hey ibpointless and the rest,

i would really love to replicate your gluecell and already found the epsom salt in germany:
      Bittersalz, Magnesiumsulfat, 1kg MgSO4 Chemikalien Magnesium

unfortunately i can't find the black morton salt substitue over here. could you give the chemical ingredients? i think you said it's magnesium chloride but on the homepage it says potassium chloride:
      MortonŽSalt - Salt Substitute

could you please clarify?

all the best and good luck,

prato

Comment

• mgcl2

i found magnesium chloride on the same page so i could go a head

Magnesiumchlorid Hexahydrat 25 kg MgCl2 Chemikalien Magnesium

don't wanna bother just happy that a simple appraoch seems to be out here

Comment

• Originally posted by prato_braun View Post
          hey ibpointless and the rest,

i would really love to replicate your gluecell and already found the epsom salt in germany:
          Bittersalz, Magnesiumsulfat, 1kg MgSO4 Chemikalien Magnesium

unfortunately i can't find the black morton salt substitue over here. could you give the chemical ingredients? i think you said it's magnesium chloride but on the homepage it says potassium chloride:
          MortonŽSalt - Salt Substitute

could you please clarify?

all the best and good luck,

prato

morton salt substitute contains

Potassium Chloride, Fumaric acid, tricalcium phosphate and monocalcium Phosphate.

Its the Potassium Chloride that I was after.
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• thx

thx for the quick reply!!!
            i'll let you know when i've got something.

Comment

• Wavefront's Hutchinson cells

@All
              I am back from my sailing trip. It was great with no problems. Lots of fun.

Wavefront on Youtube is building Hutchinson crystal cells now and has posted two videos. Here is the link to the second one. He is having pretty good luck with them.

‪Rock Cell 2‬‏ - YouTube

@NickZ

When I made my "Water filter" cell I used just distilled water only on it to keep the galvanic action slowed down. Even then the Mg ribbon gets eaten up pretty quick if you keep it wet. Lasersaber may have gotten more power out of his by using more ribbon or using a different electrolyte (salt water?). Salt water would make the chemical reaction between the metals speed up and shorten the life of the cell---but give you more power.

@Ibpointless2

I was going to make a simple glue battery while I was on my trip just for fun but didn't get around to it. It was so humid out there that it probably would not have dried very fast.

@b_rad

I am still doing tests with that steel phone line JT circuit. I like what I see. By the way I am using the outer two wire in the line ... (I) I I (I) ... The inner two are not connected to anything. Those two unconnected wires may be acting like a "core" for the coil.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Guys:
                The glue table salt cell I made is still dripping salt water out of it after two weeks. It is still producing the same output as before. Trying to further charge these cells from another battery or even connecting them in series to my cement cells does create more oxidation on the electrodes.

An interesting observation: My capacitor can cement cell is too low in voltage to light a led by itself, but, if I charge it for only a few seconds using a 9 volt battery that only has 2 volts of charge left in it (dead), it will charge the cement cell in only 10 seconds (just like a capacitor) that will allow the the cement cell to light an led just by itself for several minutes, and even at a lower light intensity for hours, or even days at an even dimmer but still visible output. No capacitor I've seen lasts that long, on a 10 second tap charge. When connecting the glue cell in series with the cement cell, the led light does NOT go out.
                If these cells were just galvanic in nature, then why do all the other galvanic commercially made batteries all discharge, but these don't ????
                I really feel that there is more to it, and that what is really happening has just not really been developed to a useful degree. For a reason.
                The two different metals are working like two different little antennas drawing in energy from the surrounding air, separating the charges, and allowing the cell to produce useful electrical power. That is my take on it.
                Salt just accelerates the process, it does not create it, but, it does so at the expense of the metals. The disintegration of the electrodes or plates may be controlled or at least delayed to a degree, by keeping the cells as well as the electrodes airtight. The white glue seams to accomplish this very well.
                Even the Lead-acid batteries work fine for several years, and finally lose the ability to retain the charge for the same reasons that these cells lose their ability to continue to produce it, oxidation, causing a resistance to the current.
                I removed the bottom of two small cement cells that had 0 v, and 0 watts showing on the meter, and allowed them to absorb plain water from a small puddle that they have been soaking in, since Lidmotor suggested it, some days ago. It really did not help to revitalized them. Another sad case. Which also leads me to believe that there is more to this than just the amount of water causing them to die, as the cement on both cells is quite wet to the touch now. These two small cement cells show no external oxidation at all.

Comment

• I just saw the video of the "rock cell". They are weaker than the cement cells, and look similar to the conduit cell that Lidmotor made. Their current is drained by the meter in just a few seconds. And they will not even light a white led. I don't see any improvement over what has been done, by us up to now.
                  John H has only produced very weak "crystal cells" that output 7mA or less, similar to the cells in the video which drains its current in seconds.
                  What we don't know yet is how long the rock cell will last while giving the same output, or if they will also further lose their small output over time.

@Lidmotor: Thanks for answering the question of the difference in current levels on the Mg/C cells due to possible use of salt. That was what I suspected.
                  Glad to hear all went well on your sailing trip.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• What I noticed in the last video about the rock cell, was that the flat copper/aluminum plate also outputs about a volt, but several can be stacked to get 12 volts, and it would only take just a few inches of space, and does not have any oxidation, especially if the plates are sealed. If the plates were bigger they would have a higher output. It takes some mass in the metals to obtain any usable results, otherwise you're just going to light one little red led, and that's all. But, is that also Galvanic, or not?

Comment

• Keeping metal tools wrapped in an oil soaked rag does indeed help to control oxidation caused by humid salty air, like I have here. So, I could see it working with the Mg/C carbon cell also. It is amazing the difference in the output from just using salt water. But, Lasersaber has not mentioned what kind of oil he uses.

Comment

• A video updating on the Electret Crystal Glue Cells.

‪Crystal Glue Cell Much Bigger Plate Size‬‏ - YouTube
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• Ib:
                          I watched your video. The other guy mentioned that he gets 1 volt from his plates, not 1/2 volt like yours. But he did not mention the current.
                          I am still getting at least 30 mA with my cement cells, so there is something different than on your results. Maybe the copper-aluminum plates need a different material between them to show a higher voltage and some current too
                          Remember that my cement cell use a pound of copper in them, and not just an ounce or less.
                          My glue cell is still getting more green forming and less voltage, as time goes on. Maybe oxygen is also needed for the reaction to take place, and if the cell is sealed it might not produce current. I don't know. But, I do get some current from my cement cells, and there is no oxidation on the capacitor cell in the picture, at all, after months of constant use, not just a short circuit.
                          I have given up on these type of cells. Sorry guys, but that's it for me.

I have been trying to find what if anything will run on just potential voltage, without any current, but up to now, I don't see it happening. Especially without draining or using up the voltage source. Even a red led bulb needs current to light up to full intensity.
                          The "don't kill the dipole idea", although a nice idea, I have not seen where or how it has been proven to work, yet. Or if it is even something worth working towards. I have my doubts...
                          As these different cells that I've been working on aren't really getting me anywhere. Even the cement cells produce very little usable power to light leds, or anything else, even if I connect a dozen or more of them together. They seam to lose their ability to produce and will drain very quickly, and although they recharge themselves, that does not help, at all.
                          I'm back to lighting leds direct off of batteries, that do have current also, without the Jtc or anything else in between, as I haven't seen the point, or the advantage.
                          I have given this project plenty of my time and effort, but that has not been enough up to now, to get me where I'd like to be.
                          Building a solar panel is my next project.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                            Ib:
                            I have been trying to find what if anything will run on just potential voltage, without any current, but up to now, I don't see it happening. Especially without draining or using up the voltage source. Even a red led bulb needs current to light up to full intensity.
                            The "don't kill the dipole idea", although a nice idea, I have not seen where or how it has been proven to work, yet. Or if it is even something worth working towards. I have my doubts...
                            If you have enough cells you might try a Tesla Switch setup.
                            espacenet - Bibliographic data

Carlos Benitez's switch (The original Tesla switch) used galvanic batteries in the above patent. My cement cells take a charge and hold it like capacitor. With amount coming into the system from heat or the environment you should be able to sustain a charge for a good bit of time.

I do not have enough cells yet and I have been without the time to try, but come winter I will. I did try it at one time last year with earth battery cells and it lit a light for while (Till it got boring). I wish I had the cells now with what I have learned lately about transformers, but.... they rotted out pretty quik.

You can make transformer generate if its used like this. Simple Switch. Might just be enough though to charge a battery or somthing.

Anyway if your still motivated a bit it might be something to try.

Matt

Comment

• Matt:
                              Thanks for the idea, but like I said before, I'm really looking to light my house, not just a few leds. I feel the crunch happening, and don't want to waist more time on these very weak batteries or cells,
                              I thought that Lasersabers Mg/C cells output of (1 to 2 amps), was , great, but can that really light a house? Even If they would last, but, sooner or later they will break-down. Salt is not the way to go to make this work.

I know that there is all the energy we need available from the air or Aether, but nobody is able to harvest it, at least not yet.
                              If anyone thinks that I'm wrong, please prove it. Not by mentioning about more voltage only devices, that are of no use to our households electronics, lights, or anything else.
                              If I'm wrong, I'd certainly like to hear about it, as well as being shown how to do it, by any of you... but , those with the key aren't giving it away.

Comment

• IB, great work!
                                I see it as an overpotential block. The most basic fundamental unit to understanding what electronics should be.

Most all the great physics minds don't bother to advance our understanding in a practical way so that
                                we can put our hands on. Because we need the practical application. Not just theoretical math.
                                It is the home experimenters that are bringing this about.

There are lots of papers on grand unified theory but only a few that have
                                given a hand and used their talent to confirm our devices quantitatively.
                                It is becoming more apparent who of these minds are.

IB this is important as a tool, eventually I am sure that more energy will
                                flow as we understand what was neglected so many years ago.
                                Last edited by mikrovolt; 07-31-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X