Bedini Earth Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys:
    Current science does not have an adequate explanation as to why these cement or glue cells as well as some other one don't need to be recharged. That is,they never lose all their charge. Neither the glue nor the cement cell just by themselves produce much current by themselves, although Lidmotor is able to get his cement cell to show some output using only cement in the mix. I find that adding the beach sand and baking powder helps. As some do by adding salt. I get 60 mA from each can, while the cement only cell does not, and a beach sand cell using only beach sand does not produce anything at all, or very little. Same with the glue cell without using salt or other caustic chemicals.
    I'm still looking into why all the cells lose power over time, and so be able to do something about it. I'm not looking to make this more complicated, but instead trying find a true solution, one that will last.
    It has not been easy, but I'm not giving up as I also see the value in this research effort, and the "getting there" is where the fun lies.
    Thanks to all for your contributions, and for sharing your thoughts.
    NickZ

Comment

• Here is another guy who's a chemical engineer, stating his opinion on his crystal power cells.
      ‪Crystal Power Cells‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

• Ib:
        Your being able to operate the calculator with that tiny bit glue is not bad. The blob is about the size of the solar cell that it replaced. I hope that you can make a full sized cell and test the parallel connection also, to see if your cells current level will also add up when connected together.

Comment

• Still another view point by John Hutchinson as to how his crystal cells work. Although his cells are very weak in the amount of current produced, so little as to not even mention it, other than to say in the milli volts range, they can output 1.6 volts, forever. They can also be daisy chained, and connected in parallel as well.
          I personally don't think that John H is laying all his cards on the table, as most of us are. In any case, its interesting to hear his side, and personal viewpoint of things...

‪New Energy Series 2: John Hutchison Part 2‬‏ - YouTube
          NickZ

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
            Still another view point by John Hutchinson as to how his crystal cells work. Although his cells are very weak in the amount of current produced, so little as to not even mention it, other than to say in the milli volts range, they can output 1.6 volts, forever. They can also be daisy chained, and connected in parallel as well.
            I personally don't think that John H is laying all his cards on the table, as most of us are. In any case, its interesting to hear his side, and personal viewpoint of things...

‪New Energy Series 2: John Hutchison Part 2‬‏ - YouTube
            NickZ

Yeah I don't think John H is telling us all of what he knows. The glue cells that I've made are very weak in the amp range too and this is what makes these cells last for a long time. Nature can supply the voltage for ever, its when you want amps that destroys the cells. That's why I've been after little amps and mostly voltage from the start. Even if these cells are galvanic the fact that they don't produce a lot of amps is what going to keep them going for a long time. This is why I also state that we need to charge capacitors instead of hooking a load directly to the cells. We need to run the load off capacitors and have the cells charge the capacitors.

No matter if these cells we make are galvanic, if we barely consume amps we could have a dipole source that can last for a long time and charge capacitors which can do the real work for us.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• "Not Breaking the Dipole" does not mean, nor does it have to be, just a voltage thing. It refers to having an Open System, and not a Closed system. All normal electrical systems break the dipole, as soon as they are turned on. It does not refers to the amount of voltage nor of current used, but instead that there is an open and never ending flux of power available, similar as with a magnet, that is what is being used or is being converted by the device. The open system type device will not ever be drained of power, because it is not the source of energy, but instead is the energy converter in an open and permanent energy field. Just like a solar cell, which can also output a lot of current, and not just voltage.
              Although it is true that it is mostly the current at fault with the breaking down of metals, salt or battery acid can cause the same of worse break downs in the electrodes, plates and connections, even when no current is present. Many batteries will break down in time even if they are not used.
              The idea that Epsom salt that IB uses for his cells does not oxidize the electrodes needs more time to see the longer lasting affects. Using a real battery or cell, and not just a blob on paper, as that is not a true test of longevity.

Comment

• The older video you refer to shows the larger cells.
                The latest video with Carla shows the small cells. The amount of material in the ladle could make a few, clean the ladle and make more until the amount is used up and you have a whole bunch. A slow process.
                An article shows Hutchisons's advanced power cells can go up over an amp. His technique involves circuit board with small short wires that have crystals grown on them.

Hutchison advanced cells

John Hutchison explained that the cells were once an unusual detector called stress field detector.
                Stress Field Detector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                and on page 5 of this journal:
                http://www.scientificexploration.org...lorer_23_1.pdf
                possibly a torsion field detector.

The latest lasersabre video has an interesting circuit.
                ‪Steven E. Jones / Joule Ringer / Update‬‏ - YouTube

Oil being used as an insulator and corrosion coating.
                The cell is both quick and long lasting.
                Last edited by mikrovolt; 08-03-2011, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• In a galvanic cell two dissimilar metals are used, the more far apart the metals are on the chart the greater the power you could get. The key fact to a galvanic cell was the different metals used.

Now what if we used the same metals? both metals are at the same potential so a galvanic reaction should not happen. Can you get energy from a cell with the same metals for both the anode and cathode? Yes you can.

I have a cell that dates back to 4-3-11 and with this cell instead of using copper and aluminum i used aluminum and aluminum. Even to this day it still produces some voltage that is is pretty steady too. This cell produces small voltage (~70mV) but does it for free without the use of the galvanic reaction.

So now the question is why this cell is producing voltage with the same metals?
                  All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

• My two cents: the reason a cell produces voltage from the same metals is the same reason why it does so with different metals. There is electric and magnetic flux in the air, at all times. Just as the different metals absorb the positive or negative charges in the air differently, these cells can pick up and absorb positive and negative charges in the air, and separate them unto each pole of the cell, creating a dipole. In a like manor different sized plates of the SAME metal will also pick up and separate differences in potentials between the two similar type electrodes, but having two different voltage potentials, that is also converted to usable electric power.
                    The capacitor by its very nature can separates these charges that are found in the air in the form of Aether, into positive and negative, and make them usable as electricity. In a similar way so do these cement, glue, gell cells, function and for the same reason. I am not too up on the whole process, but I see that something like that is what is happening. The separation of charges is what is behind all of these devices or permanent cells, but to see the output as strong, and powerful, is something else again.
                    LaserSaber mentions that in his latest Mg/Carbon cell he is obtaining very good results, hopefully he can control the oxidation for the most part. The light from the led bulbs that he has shown connected to the bigger air cells are very intense. That "big light" that we all want...
                    This type Mg/Carbon cells look easy to make, not too expensive, and are no doubt the strongest ones for their size, so far. Coating the cloth that separates the carbon rod from the mg ribbon in oil, is the latest rust control idea. As well as covering the outside of the mg ribbon with another oil coated cloth, and further sealing over that with electric tape. I would think that placing the whole thing into a hermetically sealed resin casing would be even better.
                    With both LaserSaber and Lidmotor working on this type of cells, as well as them further developing the Hartley oscillator or Jt circuits to connect to these cells as a source, hopefully we'll soon have some great replications, with some outstanding results.

Comment

• I've done test with oil products like WD-40 which they say stop rust. It does for the most part stop rust but the materials of the battery will still corrode. I have bag full of WD40 that makes a battery using copper and aluminum. The aluminum has not corroded but the copper has, which is odd because it should be the other way around. So the oils don't really stop corrosion.

Last edited by ibpointless2; 01-13-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• All:
                        Busy weekend, lot of posts to read and catch up on. I read the post on my phone but that is not the best place to absorb the meaning and I am not comfortable responding from it. Least I say something stupid like I did a few weeks ago. Sorry Lidmotor.

My reaction to all the vids and info presented this weekend reminds me of the three legged stool. This project has moved to efficient, long lasting cells, ultra conservative circuits, and identifying ways of using this energy without overstressing our cells. Thanks Lidmotor and Lasersaber for the cool circuits. I cannot imagine winding the torrid like lasersaber did and have not yet found the phone cord lidmotor used. For a novice like myself, I think the phone cord/pancake coil circuit would be the easier to try.

Ib – I made one of your glue cells, so cool. I used galvanized wire as I did not have any aluminum wire available. It is amazing that it works, 0.55 volt and holding.

NickZ – I like your ideas about sealing the cells and tried a variation of one this weekend. It did not seal as well as I had hoped, but did show some promise. I will try again and see if I can get a better seal.

I toyed some this weekend with hitting some so called dead cells with a 12 volt wall wart. The dead glue cells seem to take a charge very quickly while the cements cells do not appear to react quite as well, at least for me. I think the dead cells take on the form of a capacitor and possibly with crystals in the mix might ultimately work very well.

Comment

• b_rads and All:
                          Thanks for your reply. As we are still in the infancy of these types of permanent output cells, there will be many things to work out. But, knowing the reason that these homemade cell-battery systems work, is important to the understanding of why they fail in time, and how to improve on the results.
                          It seams that at this point nobody has found a way to make a cell with a lot of voltage and current. Looks like there is a limitation of less than two volts output, per cell, so far. And some of these cells, like the cement cells, will not connect in parallel to yield more current, further limiting their combined output potentials.
                          But in time we'll find the answers, by staying with it.
                          Although it may look as though it's been one step forward and two steps back, or that the blind is leading the blind, at times, we will get there, sooner or later. I'm still 100% into finding the answers and making a useful and practical power supply - power cell.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickZ View Post
                            b_rads and All:
                            Thanks for your reply. As we are still in the infancy of these types of permanent output cells, there will be many things to work out. But, knowing the reason that these homemade cell-battery systems work, is important to the understanding of why they fail in time, and how to improve on the results.
                            It seams that at this point nobody has found a way to make a cell with a lot of voltage and current. Looks like there is a limitation of less than two volts output, per cell, so far. And some of these cells, like the cement cells, will not connect in parallel to yield more current, further limiting their combined output potentials.
                            But in time we'll find the answers, by staying with it.
                            Although it may look as though it's been one step forward and two steps back, or that the blind is leading the blind, at times, we will get there, sooner or later. I'm still 100% into finding the answers and making a useful and practical power supply - power cell.

I agree. If we keep working on these cells we will get something great.

Comment

• Something odd has happen to one of my latest potassium chloride, Epsom salts, glue cell while given a resistor load. I put a 620 ohm resistor on the cell to watch it drain. The cell went from .599 volts down to 10mV and kept slowly going down after that. When the cell got to 0.7mV i was tired and went to sleep and turned off the meter. I hoped in the morning it would be at 0 volts so I could see how long it took for it to get back to the original voltage. I woke up the next morning and check the voltage and I find that the voltage now at 1.1mV, it has gone up 0.4mV. And its still going up. I check all connections and the meter everything seemed fine and the cell really is charging while given a load. The meter is off and disconnected during the whole test.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                                Something odd has happen to one of my latest potassium chloride, Epsom salts, glue cell while given a resistor load. I put a 620 ohm resistor on the cell to watch it drain. The cell went from .599 volts down to 10mV and kept slowly going down after that. When the cell got to 0.7mV i was tired and went to sleep and turned off the meter. I hoped in the morning it would be at 0 volts so I could see how long it took for it to get back to the original voltage. I woke up the next morning and check the voltage and I find that the voltage now at 1.1mV, it has gone up 0.4mV. And its still going up. I check all connections and the meter everything seemed fine and the cell really is charging while given a load. The meter is off and disconnected during the whole test.
                                The cells that will not die!

Since we are speaking of oddities, I performed, as NickZ affectionately refers to, an autopsy on the monothermal replication attempts. The carbon/chlorine as intermediate layers took a very heavy toll on the magnesium anode. The carbon/fertilizer as an intermediate layer had no observable effect on the magnesium anode. The fertilizer layer however, was almost entirely consumed. Both of these builds lit LED’s for month before they failed. The galvanic effect was taking place in the intermediate layers and not on the metals. The original patent refers to chromic oxide and phosphorus as intermediate layer material. Given the phosphorus can be used in explosives and would have to be ordered, I prefer to not have this at my home. Since I do not have the correct material for a full replication, I cannot verify the claims of the patent. I do find the galvanic reaction taking place between, but not including the electrodes interesting.
                                Last edited by b_rads; 07-19-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X